This Season v Last Season

Hampden Demolition

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes but I'd feel more confident of celebrating if I hadn't watched the stuff we've seen over the last six months and if we were at least good enough to be contenders for a European place in the league. And if we begin the league next season in the way we have played in the last six months any celebrations will not last long.

If we win it the last 6 months will be erased from the memory ?

But as it stands it's highly doubtful but there's always a chance. Plus Lennon doesn't seem to have them firing. 

If we manage to somehow win it I reckon Craig would see it as the perfect time to walk. I think Austin would take over mind, not sure how that would go down but I'd be too drunk to notice probably.

Yeah we need a bit of confidence in the team before then though mate players looked like they were already on the beach yesterday. 

rick witter
7 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

This is all getting a bit boring. See if we win the Scottish cup, I am going to bookmark this page and ram it down your ****ing throats.

Wait until the season ends before jumping off Dean bridge eh? 

We won’t 

34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Given our luck with the draws we have done about the minimum we could have expected in the cups. Of course 25th May could change that.

Yeah we need a bit of confidence in the team before then though mate players looked like they were already on the beach yesterday. 

7 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

:cornette:

8 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

This is all getting a bit boring. See if we win the Scottish cup, I am going to bookmark this page and ram it down your ****ing throats.

Wait until the season ends before jumping off Dean bridge eh? 

What is boring in the discussion of the progress of our team which we all support by putting time and money into? The statistics are a fact indicator of our lack of progress since over the last three seasons. Would you like this progress report if you were personally responsible as I certainly would not.?  I/We are ambitious for our club and am concerned about our fan base and lose of potential income to improve the team. Surely you must share this concern. The season is ended, just look about you at the game yesterday, the arse is out of the fans and team.  

3 hours ago, PeterintheRain said:

The reality is we've been robbed of 20 points by cheating referees and had half the team out injured for most of the season.

The reality is we thrashed the vermin 3 times only to be robbed of two home wins while beating them away for the first time in years.

Go back to the league cup semi-final.  Naismith goes off injured and collum gives his beloved a wee helping hand. Then look at the next 6 games.

Robbed of a win against h1b5, stuffed by celtic, cheated out of a win over kilmarnock, cheated out of a win over st bribery,  cheated out of a win over sevco, then cheated out of a win over st johnstone.

2 points from 18 when it should have been 15 from 18 in the space of 6 weeks that destroyed our season. But you keep up your pathetic vendetta against our manager.

Wow

absoloute blind loyalty 

You sir are the 2019 Anne Budge Hearts Supporter of the Year

??????

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Top 3 and a semi final in either of the cups depending on the draw should be the minimum for any hearts manager we have done well in the cups this year but our league form is not what it should be. 

Why should top three be a minimum?

8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Top 3 and a semi final in either of the cups depending on the draw should be the minimum for any hearts manager we have done well in the cups this year but our league form is not what it should be. 

We did well in the cups due to easy draws.   And even then needed a replay.

Sheesh! My posts are getting more and more negative as the season wears on.

Edited by Tasavallan

shaun.lawson
14 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Ane therein lies the problem. Play anti football and win on penalties....and then settle into your renewed seat for another 36 games of this snorefest!! Whilst shouting cup win every week.

If Celtic have 30 chances in the final to our 0, it finishes 0-0 and we win on penalties, I think you'll find every Hearts fan on the planet will be halfway to the moon... and at that precise moment, won't give a damn about the future. That's how it works.

And besides... if we win, I'm sure Levein will stand down. 

shaun.lawson
5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

This. God it's tiresome. 

We've not finished Best of the Rest since 2011 - back when we were spending far, far, far too much. So much that we ended up almost dying for heaven's sake. And we've not finished Best of the Rest while living within our means since the late 1980s. 

Some Hearts fans think that finishing 3rd is like buying a Mars bar. It's not. The very man so many are slagging off is the only Hearts manager since 1960 to finish top 3 in back to back seasons. So all the other managers in that time were useless then?!

In the rich European leagues, clubs ensconce themselves in the top 4 by receiving money: tons and tons of it. In the Scottish league, the only club in that position are Celtic. For Hearts, it's a constant cycle of build team / key players are sold / team breaks up / start again. And as we don't spend anything like what we used to, even our traditional pattern of good season (3rd) / bad season (5th) / good season / bad season is asking a bit much.

People who make statements like "3rd is the minimum requirement" are arrogant. Plain and simple. The only thing I would say is:

1. We should never ever finish bottom six

2. We should be finishing top 3 at least once every 3 years - and qualifying for Europe at least twice every 4-5 years.

This'll be our third straight season in either 5th or 6th. That's unacceptable. But it's nowhere near the disgrace so many make it out to be. I can't get over how many Hearts fans apparently can't adjust to a world in which we cannot buy success. We have to build it instead... and it's hard. Very hard.

One other thing. Aberdeen should be our benchmark; and that they've done so much better than us since 2013 is hugely disappointing. But these things are cyclical. We had a near-death experience; they were a complete joke between 1996 and 2004; and again between 2009 and 2013: both of which helped us. And when they leave Pittodrie, they might well return to being a joke again.

Edited by shaun.lawson

sandylejambo

For those who think we should not be disappointed in Craig Levein because he did things in the past and is doing his best now, how do you feel coming home from Tynecastle after watching most games this year? Even the first half against Aberdeen was horrendous,  the second half must have been the highlight of 2019. 45 minutes, that's it for this year, we played with passion for 45 min this year, I had hoped that I would have got better value for my season ticket and not gone home with steam coming out my ears  for my cash. I know nothing is guaranteed in purchasing a season ticket but I'll guarantee you season tickets will not sell as much if Craig Levein is the manager next season, we might sell out the Hibs game with him in charge but even then non season ticket holders will get walk ups for that game if they want one, and most certainly will get them for every other game no problem. Ann Budge is relying on season ticket sales, to give the manager as much to spend as possible. I don't want to give my cash to Craig Levein, he has pissed this seasons cash up a wall or would have been better doing that than getting players like Wighton with my dough, no thanks. Craig Levein should not be in charge next season, neither should any of the coaches at the club at this time.

rick witter
12 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Wow

absoloute blind loyalty 

You sir are the 2019 Anne Budge Hearts Supporter of the Year

??????

He is that paranoid he sounds like a Celtic fan!! 

18 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Because we are the third biggest team in Scotland?  I'll quote Kyle Lafferty on this one. Kyle Lafferty says he has joined the "biggest club in Edinburgh and thethird-biggest club in Scotland" after signing for Hearts.

20 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

There is no should in the matter, that IS the minimum expectation of the majority Hearts support. Unless it's the OF (where we hope rather than expect to win) then we all turn up at Tynecastle every other week expecting to beat the team in front of us.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Because we are the third biggest team in Scotland?  I'll quote Kyle Lafferty on this one. Kyle Lafferty says he has joined the "biggest club in Edinburgh and thethird-biggest club in Scotland" after signing for Hearts.

Well if Kyle Lafferty says so ?

30 minutes ago, Ribble said:

There is no should in the matter, that IS the minimum expectation of the majority Hearts support. Unless it's the OF (where we hope rather than expect to win) then we all turn up at Tynecastle every other week expecting to beat the team in front of us.

I would suspect the majority of Hearts fans realise we have the fourth biggest budget in the league and therefore don’t expect third place as a minimum. We go into each season hoping we can finish as high as possible and into every game hoping we can win it. Any Hearts fan who demands at least 3rd place will have been disappointed for most of the last fifty years.

??

Edited by To Be Frank

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

I would suspect the majority of Hearts fans realise we have the fourth biggest budget in the league and therefore don’t expect third place as a minimum. We go into each season hoping we can finish as high as possible and into every game hoping we can win it. Any Hearts fan who demands at least 3rd place will have been disappointed for most of the last fifty years.

??

Ok, so against what teams do most fans turn up at Tynecastle and not expect to win? 

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Well if Kyle Lafferty says so ?

I would suspect the majority of Hearts fans realise we have the fourth biggest budget in the league and therefore and therefore don’t expect third place as a minimum. We go into each season hoping we can finish as high as possible and into every game hoping we can think. Any Hearts fan who demands at least 3rd place will have been disappointed for most of the last fifty years.

We have never been better off as a club yet sit 6th placed just now i will wait until the season is over but my thoughts are we have massively let ourselves down this season in terms of league position.