This Season v Last Season

Hampden Demolition

Hampden Demolition

This Season

•Lost 41% of games this season in the league

•23 points lost to bottom 6 teams from a possible 54 (42.59%)

•3 points from a possible 21 against the Old Firm (so far)

•39 goals scored

•44 goals conceded

•Average of 1.29 goals conceded per game

•biggest defeat 5-0 v Livi/Celtic

Last season

•lost 34% of games last season in the league

•22 points lost to bottom 6 teams from a possible 54 (40.74%)

•4 points from a possible 24 against the Old Firm

•39 goals scored

•39 goals conceded

•Average of 1.02 goals conceded per game

•biggest defeat 4-1 against Celtic

progress?

feel free to add your own.

chester copperpot

This is all getting a bit boring. See if we win the Scottish cup, I am going to bookmark this page and ram it down your ****ing throats.

Wait until the season ends before jumping off Dean bridge eh? 

Hampden Demolition
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

This is all getting a bit boring. See if we win the Scottish cup, I am going to bookmark this page and ram it down your ****ing throats.

:cornette:

7 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

This Season

•39 goals scored

•44 goals conceded

Last season

•39 goals scored

•39 goals conceded

progress?

Trouble is we can all see it except the blind academy that is running Hearts at the moment. If AB doesn’t seriously act after the final, regardless of the score then her business plan will be shot to pieces. Our 5 year plan won’t achieve her aims on the park. 

You can’t put all the fancy plans in place for the new stadium and corporate facilities when the product on the park is absolutely awful. She needs some real football coaches in place and not these Imposter wage thieves. I’m sure she thinks tactics are these wee mint sweeties you get that are also available in orange flavour too. Fans are starting to vote with their feet. I thought we couldn’t get any worse after last season but this season has been excruciating. 

Alex Kintner
23 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

This Season

•39 goals scored

•44 goals conceded

Last season

•39 goals scored

•39 goals conceded

progress?

Your post would have carried more weight had you posted all of the comparison stats, not just the negative ones.

16 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

What will you do if we get embarrassed in the final?

Hampden Demolition
6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Your post would have carried more weight had you posted all of the comparison stats, not just the negative ones.

Have we made progress in your opinion? You can’t throw the cup runs back because we have not played a single team that we should not be beating. Is winning 3 games more in the league this season but not being any further up the table progress for you? We have not scored any more goals this season (despite signing 4 strikers and a new midfield) than we did last season.

Edited by Hampden Demolition

chester copperpot
24 minutes ago, TheStig said:

What will you do if we get embarrassed in the final?

Agree with you. This season has been awful but I couldn't give 2 hoots if we bag another cup win.

Will wait on that before I lose my shit. 

Alex Kintner
22 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Have we made progress in your opinion? You can’t throw the cup runs back because we have not played a single team that we should not be beating. Is winning 3 games more in the league this season but not being any further up the table progress for you? We have not scored any more goals this season (despite signing 4 strikers and a new midfield) than we did last season.

I’m just pointing out you used very selective statistics.

The end of the season will be the time to truly evaluate progress. I’m currently undecided.

Allowayjambo1874
5 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Agree with you. This season has been awful but I couldn't give 2 hoots if we bag another cup win.

Will wait on that before I lose my shit. 

Genuine question mate.

If we win the cup does Levein stay? 

Does a cup win buy him an extra season or does the performances over the season get taken into account?

And if he loses the cup say 0-1 where we don’t threaten but don’t get a doing does he stay? 

Just genuinely would like to know your opinion. 

Edited by Allowayjambo1874

Hampden Demolition
4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

The end of the season will be the time to truly evaluate progress. I’m currently undecided.

Fair enough but I did say feel free to include your own. I’m not arguing with you mate. If you’re happy to continue paying for what we are watching, fair play.

Allowayjambo1874
5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Can I ask you the same question, does a cup win or a really narrow defeat buy him another season?

chester copperpot
11 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Genuine question mate.

If we win the cup does Levein stay? 

Does a cup win buy him an extra season or does the performances over the season get taken into account?

And if he loses the cup say 0-1 where we don’t threaten but don’t get a doing does he stay? 

Just genuinely would like to know your opinion. 

Personally, I'd like to see him go. Dont like his brand of football and feel it's a bit dated.

My point doesn't matter though I ain't making the decisions on these things.

I'd like him to stay at Hearts in some capacity, I just dont want to him to have anything to do with the football side of things.

pettigrewsstylist
58 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Ane therein lies the problem. Play anti football and win on penalties....and then settle into your renewed seat for another 36 games of this snorefest!! Whilst shouting cup win every week.

Anyway...cant see it happening!

Beat the tic convincingly at Hampen tho...and ill give the big man another yrs slack.

Allowayjambo1874
16 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Personally, I'd like to see him go. Dont like his brand of football and feel it's a bit dated.

My point doesn't matter though I ain't making the decisions on these things.

I'd like him to stay at Hearts in some capacity, I just dont want to him to have anything to do with the football side of things.

Thanks for the reply ?

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

I suppose if he had put the actual League Tables up since we came back up into the Premier it would have given us a much better picture of our progress on the footballing side of things. Obviously we still have 4 games to play so I can up date this at the end of the season.

The below stats do not only give the negative I am sure you will agree just the stats

image.png.b789b37c296d50ea4032cd28755b3c19.png

3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

By highlighting facts?

If we do somehow manage to win the cup, it won't negate the performance overall imo. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Buddy people are fed up. Its been a shite season. Yeah if we win the cup it will be an incredible, unforgettable, amazing moment! But thats just it. A moment in what has ultimately been a shocking season. 

Want to point out im not having a go im just saying people are fed up for a reason is all.

chester copperpot
18 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Buddy people are fed up. Its been a shite season. Yeah if we win the cup it will be an incredible, unforgettable, amazing moment! But thats just it. A moment in what has ultimately been a shocking season. 

Want to point out im not having a go im just saying people are fed up for a reason is all.

I get it mate I really do.

Still wont care if we get the cup tho.

Didnt like his style of football first time and dont like it even more the 2nd time round.

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

The statistics make very poor reading and hope you decide soon.  What was very concerning yesterday for me was that the adult family five of them who are staunch supporters left after 50 minutes declaring they would "rather sit out in the sun". My fellow supporters who remained sat silently in thought about out team until the game finished. Bought my season ticket prior to the game, however am very concerned now about our supporters becoming detached from the team and the financial implications of that happening. The cup final will look after itself as a day out with a decent financial return.  

Hampden Demolition
3 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

The statistics make very poor reading and hope you decide soon.  What was very concerning yesterday for me was that the adult family five of them who are staunch supporters left after 50 minutes declaring they would "rather sit out in the sun". My fellow supporters who remained sat silently in thought about out team until the game finished. Bought my season ticket prior to the game, however am very concerned now about our supporters becoming detached from the team and the financial implications of that happening. The cup final will look after itself as a day out with a decent financial return.  

To be honest, having Frank Drebin as our manager would probably give us more of a chance in the final. If we cannot get ourselves up for a game at home against the team 2nd in the league, we have a problem. What got me was the fact we were 2-0 down yesterday and had a throw in over at the Wheatfield and there was not a single player looking for the pass. Instead they took their time walking over from the centre of the pitch. The stats only back up what we all know looking at the results but what is more concerning is the clear lack of passion. The players couldn’t care any less.

Brighton Jambo
5 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

This Season

•39 goals scored

•44 goals conceded

Last season

•39 goals scored

•39 goals conceded

progress?

I'm sorry but talk about statistics being used to suit an argument.  How negative can you be.

im no levein must stay supporter but this is just ridiculous.  Here's some stats:

this season vs last season.  

more wins

more away wins

more points

got demonstrably further in both cup competitions.

Hampden Demolition
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

I'm sorry but talk about statistics being used to suit an argument.  How negative can you be.

im no levein must stay supporter but this is just ridiculous.  Here's some stats:

this season vs last season.  

more wins

more away wins

more points

got demonstrably further in both cup competitions.

Same league position. As I said, if you’re happy to pay and continue watching what we currently are, fair play.

We are a really crap football team though, it's embarrassing how bad we are.

Edited by innerjambo

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Hampden Demolition said:

Same league position. As I said, if you’re happy to pay and continue watching what we currently are, fair play.

No one is and I didn't say I was.  You used a bunch of statistics and I countered with statistics that most fans would more readily acknowledge as relevant, I.e wins and particularly points gained.  

i do agree our style is awful

You haven’t included cup performances last season versus this season. Which let’s face it as fans is one of our biggest performance indicators. 

In the league we have been just as poor as we were last season. However, we have made it to the business end of both cups this season, whereas last season we were abysmal in the cups. 

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

You haven’t included cup performances last season versus this season. Which let’s face it as fans is one of our biggest performance indicators. 

In the league we have been just as poor as we were last season. However, we have made it to the business end of both cups this season, whereas last season we were abysmal in the cups. 

We have had the rub of the green with the cup draw this year. I mean ffs Livi, Auchinlek, Partick and ICT it is as if we selected our opposition ourselves.

Hampden Demolition
6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

We haven’t played a single team in either cup that we should be too concerned about (Celtic in the semi aside).

Hampden Demolition

Cup runs are also a luxury. We are effectively standing still. The league is our bread and butter and is where managers should be judged.

5 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

This

9 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

We haven’t played a single team in either cup that we should be too concerned about (Celtic in the semi aside).

Who cares. 

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

I know you say undecided but do you genuinely see us as having improved in any way on last season? I'm struggling to see any positive aspects. No real young talent coming to the fore and no signings looking in any way remarkable(haring closest until injury).

PeterintheRain
6 hours ago, kila said:

In a Cup final having avoided any tough teams

Easy to use that to paper over the cracks but the reality is honking for Levein

The reality is we've been robbed of 20 points by cheating referees and had half the team out injured for most of the season.

The reality is we thrashed the vermin 3 times only to be robbed of two home wins while beating them away for the first time in years.

Go back to the league cup semi-final.  Naismith goes off injured and collum gives his beloved a wee helping hand. Then look at the next 6 games.

Robbed of a win against h1b5, stuffed by celtic, cheated out of a win over kilmarnock, cheated out of a win over st bribery,  cheated out of a win over sevco, then cheated out of a win over st johnstone.

2 points from 18 when it should have been 15 from 18 in the space of 6 weeks that destroyed our season. But you keep up your pathetic vendetta against our manager.

Hampden Demolition
7 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

The reality is we've been robbed of 20 points by cheating referees and had half the team out injured for most of the season.

The reality is we thrashed the vermin 3 times only to be robbed of two home wins while beating them away for the first time in years.

Go back to the league cup semi-final.  Naismith goes off injured and collum gives his beloved a wee helping hand. Then look at the next 6 games.

Robbed of a win against h1b5, stuffed by celtic, cheated out of a win over kilmarnock, cheated out of a win over st bribery,  cheated out of a win over sevco, then cheated out of a win over st johnstone.

2 points from 18 when it should have been 15 from 18 in the space of 6 weeks that destroyed our season. But you keep up your pathetic vendetta against our manager.

:cornette_dog: delusion at its best.

25 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

Whilst not totally untrue, there is not a team in the league that couldn't say if only this player was fit or if only the ref hadn't robbed us. Managers need to find a way to win.

The whole season turned on the Naismith injury. The style of play changes, the attitude changes. That's on the manager to fix it.

Reminds me of Robbie's season when we got beat off Aberdeen, everything changed because of one result, the confidence, the style, the attitude. Bad management.

We were outplayed by Dundee at home. There is a lackadaisical attitude which need fixing and it's not getting fixed.

Edited by jambopilms

chuck berrys hairline
32 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

We wus robbed ?? sounds very Hibs to me. Everyone's saying more points etc than last season. Still behind a shite Hibs though ?? he's got to go 

Alex Kintner
6 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Can I ask you the same question, does a cup win or a really narrow defeat buy him another season?

A cup win might but performance in last four league games just as important. I’m genuinely in two minds over what is best.

5 hours ago, 7628mm said:

I suppose if he had put the actual League Tables up since we came back up into the Premier it would have given us a much better picture of our progress on the footballing side of things. Obviously we still have 4 games to play so I can up date this at the end of the season.

The below stats do not only give the negative I am sure you will agree just the stats

image.png.b789b37c296d50ea4032cd28755b3c19.png

Much better representation of progression and regression

2 hours ago, o1djambo said:

I renewed on Thursday. Regardless of manager I’ll be there. The club lives on.

41 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I know you say undecided but do you genuinely see us as having improved in any way on last season? I'm struggling to see any positive aspects. No real young talent coming to the fore and no signings looking in any way remarkable(haring closest until injury).

I see some progress and part of me hopes that once we have more creative players in the squad we’ll progress quicker but also concerned about a lot of what I’ve seen under Levein this season.

Francis Albert

Of course we will all be delighted, at least for a few months, if we win the cup. But the league stats make pretty grim reading and to me seem to sum up our season pretty well. Our competitors are (or should be) the top six and just looking at the table tells you all you need to know.

Top six GD +54, +51, +16,+17, +15, minus 5.

Goals for 71,76,53,46, 49, 39

Goals against 17,25,37,29,34,44

Points 77,69,61,58,52, 50

I can't hold out much hope for any improvement after the last four games

This suggests the even with our great start our points total actually flatters us.

I find it also hard to enthuse too much over cup runs where we have to date faced and lost heavily to one top six team and to date have beaten narrowly a grand total of one team in the top flight.

Edited by Francis Albert

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

A cup win might but performance in last four league games just as important. I’m genuinely in two minds over what is best.

Much better representation of progression and regression

I renewed on Thursday. Regardless of manager I’ll be there. The club lives on.

I see some progress and part of me hopes that once we have more creative players in the squad we’ll progress quicker but also concerned about a lot of what I’ve seen under Levein this season.

Yup. About where I'm at.

We seem to lack any kind of plan b. And plan a is eye bleeding lumpball to uche and hope it sticks. We've been terrible to watch.

What would this season be like if Uche had turned out to be a dud?

18 signings to improve on last season and they haven't.   All teams have injuries so that is hardly an excuse.  Uche has turned out to be a positive out of a poor bunch of non-entities.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Tasavallan said:

What would this season be like if Uche had turned out to be a dud?

18 signings to improve on last season and they haven't.   All teams have injuries so that is hardly an excuse.  Uche has turned out to be a positive out of a poor bunch of non-entities.

I like uche but given the way he is ref'd we cant use him as well as we'd like. 

He has had a positive impact but we lack mobility around him meaning he often ends up giving away the foul waiting for players to find positions for a pass or like yesterday...chooses to shoot(badly), when a cross is on. I do think he's a work in progress and that we'll see a better player next season.

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Of course we will all be delighted, at least for a few months, if we win the cup

Ooft a few months?! 

Quite a bit longer than that for myself. 

I'd take beating that lot over playing prettier football and a European football any season . Also stopping the treble treble as well. 

Top 3 and a semi final in either of the cups depending on the draw should be the minimum for any hearts manager we have done well in the cups this year but our league form is not what it should be. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Ooft a few months?! 

Quite a bit longer than that for myself. 

I'd take beating that lot over playing prettier football and a European football any season . Also stopping the treble treble as well. 

Yes but I'd feel more confident of celebrating if I hadn't watched the stuff we've seen over the last six months and if we were at least good enough to be contenders for a European place in the league. And if we begin the league next season in the way we have played in the last six months any celebrations will not last long.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Top 3 and a semi final in either of the cups depending on the draw should be the minimum for any hearts manager we have done well in the cups this year but our league form is not what it should be. 

Given our luck with the draws we have done about the minimum we could have expected in the cups. Of course 25th May could change that.