Season ticket sales will sub 12k

Nixie

I've not renewed yet, I'm kind of waiting for confirmation that Levein will still be in charge next season first.

If the very vocal small minority get their way and he leaves I would have to seriously reconsider my options.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've not renewed yet, I'm kind of waiting for confirmation that Levein will still be in charge next season first.

If the very vocal small minority get their way and he leaves I would have to seriously reconsider my options.

Lol.

Shooter McGavin

Haven’t renewed, will probably leave it to the absolute last minute to see what mood I’m in then but the thought of another season playing the same boring, non football is horrendous. 

It’s been a while since I looked forward to going to the football. 

8 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No. Not having that. You reckon if we sell enough budge will be daft enough to stick by levein?

Christ I hope not.

There isn’t any indication from Ann that she won’t stick by him - Craig’s already said he is here for next season and is already planning for this - signings etc 

might be wrong but if he wasn’t going to be here in charge next season I would have thought that Ann would have made a change early enough in that the new manager would have been given time to make some signings of his own - unless the plan is for Craig to go back upstairs and current coaches take charge which I don’t believe would be the right move 

loveofthegame

Apathy is one of the biggest dangers a football club can face/- Hibs went through years of it and only the cup win in 2016 turned things around for their club.

Budge has to wake up to this and wake up to it quickly.

Speaking m personally, I’ve been a ST holder for over 25 years straight, since I was 5. This is the first time I’ve ever seriously, seriously considered not renewing. I’m just not enjoying it right now & with a young family I have other things I could be spending my money on. The fact that I’ve had that ST with my dad all those years is the one thing that may make me renew even if things don’t change; as I’m struggling with the thought of letting him down by not renewing. 

However even that might not be enough.

We will see, but I don’t think it’s as clear-cut as others do that we’ll just automatically get 12/13k.

15 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Apathy is one of the biggest dangers a football club can face/- Hibs went through years of it and only the cup win in 2016 turned things around for their club.

Budge has to wake up to this and wake up to it quickly.

Speaking m personally, I’ve been a ST holder for over 25 years straight, since I was 5. This is the first time I’ve ever seriously, seriously considered not renewing. I’m just not enjoying it right now & with a young family I have other things I could be spending my money on. The fact that I’ve had that ST with my dad all those years is the one thing that may make me renew even if things don’t change; as I’m struggling with the thought of letting him down by not renewing. 

However even that might not be enough.

We will see, but I don’t think it’s as clear-cut as others do that we’ll just automatically get 12/13k.

The club should contact existing season ticket holders who dont renew the following season to build a picture of the reason(s) why they havent renewed...

When you have hard and fast reliable guys like yourself seriously doubting then its a real wake up call, or should be to the board...

I’ve renewed.  It’s a habit.  But sometimes it feels like the football gets in the way you of a decent day out.

My views on CL are straightforward- he should be dismissed and the players he has brought in Uche, Dimakona, Vanacek, and the rest of the dross moved on BUT I’m renewing and will continue to support the club because that’s what matters. 

9 hours ago, jr ewing said:

12k is about right. CL costing us money on fewer ticket renewals. 

Possibly but not if we have a good season. More income per seat from walkups than season tickets. 

2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

The amount of empty seats at kick off never mind full time should be worrying

Easter holidays a big factor. Know five or six that weren’t at game yesterday because of holidays/Easter weekend eg taking their kids to the zoo

been here before
16 hours ago, Nixie said:

Thoughts?

That its a random supposition based on little, if any, evidence that you've just plucked from the sky.

I’ll renew. But only because I’m not wanting to lose my seat which is in an ideal spot.

Unlikely I will go to all games though if he’s still in charge as travelling is a couple of hours each way and watching his teams isn’t appealing any more for the time it takes for eg midweek games / early kick offs etc.

portobellojambo1

I've already renewed, which in itself is probably part of the problem. The club know there are many who will renew come what may, and when you are in a situation like that change becomes less likely to happen. It is what I do on match days, go and watch HMFC, and I think it is the case the club know there are a number who will do the same. We may all be in the same position in that we've never really considered what options are available as alternative means, but it does appear more and more are now looking at those options. And what should be more frightening to the club is many of them fall into what is often deemed as the hard core support of the club, who have always been there come what may, and have never been slow in putting their hands in their pockets and finding money to help out the club. I go to every game, home and away, and apart from the opening few games of this season the football on show for long enough now has been painful to watch at times. This season interest has been maintained because we are still in the Scottish Cup, and going to a final, but again if we are honest if any other team had got a draw like Livingston, Auchinleck, Partick and ICT they would be in the final, not us.

From speaking with large numbers of people a lot of them have said they will not renew unless there is change on the football side. All of them have said they will maintain their  payments to FOH, as they don't want to see the club fail totally, but they just cannot continue to watch what is happening on the park. Football used to be something where people who worked all week went along come what may. But nowadays football isn't cheap and is in competition with other activities on a value for money basis. I do think we will see a drop in ST sales for next season and I'd guess the number of people who walked out the ground yesterday must have raised some eyebrows in the directors box. Money counts to everyone involved in business, including Ann Budge, and when those providing the money are expressing that they aren't happy it has to be listened to. Don't get me wrong, I understand totally that a change in the management team will not guarantee success. But I also understand that without trying to change the status quo will continue and it won't get any better.

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Good. Should be easy to move seats to the Upper Main then.

My thoughts. 

Hopefully most that don't renew are the slavering, racist, homophic, sexist, flag waving, smoke bomb type as well. 

Bye?

Season ticket sales will be down more than 2k, so under 12k seems about right imo. If Levein stays on and serves up more of the same pish, attendances will be under 14k. 

Of course this is all guess work at present, and the club have given no indication of sales so far, which is odd after several weeks of sales. Expect some kind of announcement in 2 weeks time, although if the sales really are that poor then the club might just decide to remain silent. 

Will try and get to as many games as I can but still undecided about a ST purchase.

Bucking the trend of this thread, it’s not about the standard of football but the fixture dates.

International weekends, winter break etc, will probably mean another 6 Midweek games at least. Can’t do them. Work in postponements and half the games are gone. 

Pisser but there it is.

Respect peoples’ decision re. football on show but that’s never been a factor really.

Renewed before the match due to not wanting to give up a great seat ive had for a long long time and move from being beside a good bunch of guys, this was the only reason. Knew if i was going to leave until after the match i would've not been fussed about queuing in the sun after yet another gutless home performance. 

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've already renewed, which in itself is probably part of the problem. The club know there are many who will renew come what may, and when you are in a situation like that change becomes less likely to happen. It is what I do on match days, go and watch HMFC, and I think it is the case the club know there are a number who will do the same. We may all be in the same position in that we've never really considered what options are available as alternative means, but it does appear more and more are now looking at those options. And what should be more frightening to the club is many of them fall into what is often deemed as the hard core support of the club, who have always been there come what may, and have never been slow in putting their hands in their pockets and finding money to help out the club. I go to every game, home and away, and apart from the opening few games of this season the football on show for long enough now has been painful to watch at times. This season interest has been maintained because we are still in the Scottish Cup, and going to a final, but again if we are honest if any other team had got a draw like Livingston, Auchinleck, Partick and ICT they would be in the final, not us.

From speaking with large numbers of people a lot of them have said they will not renew unless there is change on the football side. All of them have said they will maintain their  payments to FOH, as they don't want to see the club fail totally, but they just cannot continue to watch what is happening on the park. Football used to be something where people who worked all week went along come what may. But nowadays football isn't cheap and is in competition with other activities on a value for money basis. I do think we will see a drop in ST sales for next season and I'd guess the number of people who walked out the ground yesterday must have raised some eyebrows in the directors box. Money counts to everyone involved in business, including Ann Budge, and when those providing the money are expressing that they aren't happy it has to be listened to. Don't get me wrong, I understand totally that a change in the management team will not guarantee success. But I also understand that without trying to change the status quo will continue and it won't get any better.

As usual good post PJ

Of course s/t numbers are important, but don't forget the many other thousands of Hears fans who don't get season tickets but like to go along when they can. They need a bit persuasion at times but this mob will certainly send them shopping!

We’ve gone from 6 hospitality season tickets last season to two this year, and we won’t get any next season.

Ill probably go to as many games as this season but will buy on a game per game basis, just no reason to get season tickets now, no value, poor on the pitch, general malaise!

Is there any chance of the club extending the renewal period for existing season ticket holders , especially if sales have been slower than previous seasons thus far ? 

maroonlegions

To renew or not to renew, that is my question ,whether "tis  nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous  shite signings , hoof ball and constant injuries to key players and shite tactics.... or to take arms against a sea of troubles . And by opposing end them??

:juggle2:

FTH.

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Is there any chance of the club extending the renewal period for existing season ticket holders , especially if sales have been slower than previous seasons thus far ? 

They tweeted at the tail end of last week about extended deadline but not because of poor sales because of the issue with Zebra Finance. I'd expect a couple of week extension for existing Season ticket holders to renew.