Why no Mulraney comments?

Sid

Is it because it’s a positive?  

Put in a pile of crosses today right on the spot. No takers. 

He did did his job today (and has done for the past number of weeks). 

Jambof3tornado

1st name of my team sheet.

Better left back behind him would have allowed him to stay up the park.

Levein denied he was under instruction to work back as much.

Levein can **** off.

The Internet

Having Garuccio behind him would see him at his true best I think. Just now he has to cover too much for Burns being slow. He is one of our most important players the now though. 

BlingCrosby

Burns was calling for Mulraney to come short for passes all day and he didn’t show. He didn’t do enough for me at all. Not the worst player in maroon though, so I wouldn’t single him out

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Having Garuccio behind him would see him at his true best I think. Just now he has to cover too much for Burns being slow. He is one of our most important players the now though. 

Burns isn't slow.

Edit. In my opinion, anyway.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

At one point in the 2nd half he was off taking a drink whilst Burns was taking a throw in to him.

?

9 minutes ago, BlingCrosby said:

Burns was calling for Mulraney to come short for passes all day and he didn’t show. He didn’t do enough for me at all. Not the worst player in maroon though, so I wouldn’t single him out

21 minutes ago, Sid said:

You could have started it yourself (as you did), without accusing others of negativity.  

All roads lead to Gorgie

He didn't give up but had the ball shelled to him with markers close to him and trying to control and then go at players is difficult in that situation for anyone. Even Messi would struggle in our team. 

Think every ball he put in was decent

It is frustrating that the ball is never played into space for him to run into but instead to his feet

Diadora Van Basten

Got pass marks today, won free kicks and set up goal.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

You could have started it yourself (as you did), without accusing others of negativity.  

Wouldn’t want to accuse anyone on here as overly negative would I. 

However, struggling to find any positive comments until my thread where a number of positive comments have arrived   

So my additional point of highlighting the negativity on here is correct. Or do you mean I should have started another thread on negativity.  

He made two runs from deep while we were footering about at free kicks where, if spotted he would have been clean through. similarily, Burns hitva few passes to short for him which turned into goalposts passes. It wasn’t Mulraney being slowvoff the Mark. T appear Burns may like the short drop back pass but Mulraney is looking for something to run onto. Hopefully, they will work other out and can be a good partnership. 

Just now, Sid said:

Wouldn’t want to accuse anyone on here as overly negative would I. 

However, struggling to find any positive comments until my thread where a number of positive comments have arrived   

So my additional point of highlighting the negativity on here is correct. Or do you mean I should have started another thread on negativity.  

No.  I mean you could have started this thread, without having a go at others for not doing so. 

Negativity will always result in more activity.  That has always been the case.  Always will do.   No matter the subject. 

Jambof3tornado
59 minutes ago, kila said:

Think every ball he put in was decent

It is frustrating that the ball is never played into space for him to run into but instead to his feet

Or 27 yards too long!

1 hour ago, Sid said:

“He did his job today.”

I thought he continually hung our defence out to dry as he couldn’t be arsed picking up the runner. Didn’t work remotely hard enough today. Disappointing.

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

“He did his job today.”

I thought he continually hung our defence out to dry as he couldn’t be arsed picking up the runner. Didn’t work remotely hard enough today. Disappointing.

Levein was screaming for him to push further forward.  Can’t do both. 

3 hours ago, BlingCrosby said:

And what right has Bobby Burns got to dish out orders like that?

Burns' distribution today was utterly woeful. Whenever he had the opportunity to get an easy ball to Mulraney, he cocked it up on multiple occasions.

And at one point in the second half Burns appeared to be telling Mulraney how to play football, which I thought was a bloody cheek.

3 hours ago, RENE said:

What I can't understand is why we don't play the ball for him to run on to instead of  him facing our goal.   

Exactly. No idea why the coaching staff don't see that. The number of times our defence are looking for a pass and he is standing, marked, on the half way line. He needs to learn to spin and go in behind the fullback and he will be a far more effective winger.

I’ll tell you why. Apart from setting up Mclean’s goal he was terrible. Every time Burns got the ball he ran away from him. An imposter of a player. 

Just now, Hercules said:

I’ll tell you why. Apart from setting up Mclean’s goal he was terrible. Every time Burns got the ball he ran away from him. An imposter of a player. 

:D Wingers eh.

I don’t think he realises how good he can be and bottles it... the run against Aberdeen won us the game / the cross in semi final won us the game.....

The cup final is his chance to show what he can do, take some chances go forwards hit the byline.  Don’t slow and wait for the full back. Tell him to watch the 2012 final and focus on Driver and see how he influenced the game, also ask him about the stick he took before the final and he wasn’t doing it ... Go out and do it !!!

gashauskis9

One of very few who gets that attacking is the best form of defence.  Always looking for early balls at set pieces too.  His team mates let him down today.

HillmanHearts

Never read it all but for me Mullraney is one positive we have. May not be the finished article but he's getting there and gives us something. And we ain't got much fecken else positive.

13 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

I don’t think he realises how good he can be and bottles it... the run against Aberdeen won us the game / the cross in semi final won us the game.....

The cup final is his chance to show what he can do, take some chances go forwards hit the byline.  Don’t slow and wait for the full back. Tell him to watch the 2012 final and focus on Driver and see how he influenced the game, also ask him about the stick he took before the final and he wasn’t doing it ... Go out and do it !!!

This exactly my friend. He has it but bottles it. 

There’s a player there to be developed. 

I think he’ll move further up the pitch as he improves and can eventually see him wide left of a front 3. IE. A proper winger. 

tartofmidlothian

One of this season's success stories. He'll do well with ten good players around him, instead of five or six.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

For me Mulraney very rarely attacked the right back as he has been doing recently, with a good bit joy. Did Levein tell him to be more cautious so as not leave us short in numbers if he lost possession, defence first as can be the way with him.  To me he seems restricted, if so was that restriction set by himself or the manager!?!

Mulraney is, imo, a potential match winner on his day. Definitely has raw talent and probably has been the player of the 2nd half of season. Hopefully he will continue to develop and with the right support, and confidence, he will kick on

upgotheheads

Mulraney was one of the few who got a pass mark from me at least today. Another was Burns, although I know it's all about opinions. I actually heard this conversation on a bus to Haymarket , passenger  "Burns was awful, no good enough"  reply " Aye , Wighton  wisnae bad though" 

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Sid said:

Great cross for the goal, the problem with the other ones were he doesn’t look up before crossing and therefore has no idea where he should be putting the ball. Also he let Tavernier get away from him all day, we’ve allowed their main playmaker the freedom of the pitch every time we’ve played them this season. He’s progressing but he still has a fair way to go but is our only winger at this time, a shocking state of affairs.