Feel Good Factor

Gambo

We are through to a Scottish Cup Final yet there does not seem to be any feel good factor around the club.

That was evident before, during and after the game today and has been evident quite a while now.

We are struggling to sell out Easter Road, lots of empty spaces today and quick emptying of stands when things going wrong.

The performances on the park are sucking the life out of the fans.

Not a great way to be heading into a Cup Final, 5 weeks to sort it out.

Edited by Gambo

AlphonseCapone

I'm sure I'll be buzzing on the day but right now the cup final feels like it's going to be a hard slog. 

Jambof3tornado

We wont lay a glove on celtic in the final. We had a piss easy route.

We have lost our way on the pitch under levein. He needs to go, or at least announce the cup final will be his last in charge.

I think getting 8 points from our last 10 league games has something to do with it.

A cup win would be incredible, but it can’t be used by CL to ignore the shocking season we’ve had in the league.

He's used enough excuses. Yes, some players have been out for quite a while with injuries which is what he went on about at the time in December. They have all been back at some point since and we still struggled against some piss poor teams. I mean, what's the point in signing players like Ryan Edwards who never even plays? Did he or his coaching staff actually look at Vanacek before giving him a contract? Loads of questions and never any answers.

As for the Cup Final...if we do actually manage to win the thing then it shouldn't cover up the cracks of the last 2-3 seasons. We've had the luckiest draws throughout the competition in years. He can sign another 7 or 8 players in the close season, how long before their standards slip like so many before them?

26 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We are through to a Scottish Cup Final yet there does not seem to be any feel good factor around the club.

That was evident before, during and after the game today and has been evident quite a while now.

We are struggling to sell out Easter Road, lots of empty spaces today and quick emptying of stands when things going wrong.

The performances on the park are sucking the life out of the fans.

Not a great way to be heading into a Cup Final, 5 weeks to sort it out.

Currently feeling as confident and enthusiastic about next month’s Cup final as I did about the 1976 one, when we went to Hampden with possibly the worst Hearts team ever to reach a final and were a goal down before 3pm. 

7 minutes ago, leginten said:

Currently feeling as confident and enthusiastic about next month’s Cup final as I did about the 1976 one, when we went to Hampden with possibly the worst Hearts team ever to reach a final and were a goal down before 3pm. 

My first final.

Cruyff Turn

I don’t think i’ll even bother going to the final tbh with you. I really don’t fancy watching us get gubbed 5 or 6-0 by Celtic. All the while they sing their party songs and go onto win the treble treble. It would be too gut wrenching for me to watch our last chance of hope this season being smashed into dust by those ****ers. I feel sorry for all those who actually think we have half a chance and will leave bitterly disappointed. 

Any feel good factor left in this season is now gone. We know we are going to finish 6th. The players look uninterested and deflated.  We needed a good result/performance today going forward but we were awful, no heart, no passion. We picked up one yellow card today for a professional foul which just shows how soft and uncompetitive we were.

The majority of the support, I think, have had enough now. That seemed pretty evident to me today and Hibs will probably beat us to add another nail to the coffin.

Only thing to look forward to is a new manager, new players and a new season. 

That would bring back the feel good factor and some positivity without a doubt. 

Really only Ann can make the decision now to turn this club around and get us all singing from the same hymn sheet once again. That is the day i’ll be looking forward to. 

The current feeling amongst the fans will be reflected in season ticket sales.

I couldn’t blame anyone for saying they ain’t renewing with things as they are.

The cup final could see us feeling the way Hibs fans did in 2012. Absolute hammering on the cards if we play like we did today

rick witter

Celtic will take a minimum of 3 goals in the final. They will rip that team to bits as our players will have shite dripping down their shorts at the thought of playing them. Nobody wants the ball or takes responsibility in the big games. The goals go in and they just look at each other. 

There is nothing at all on the football side of the club to feel good about under Levein. He is slowly turning all the fans against him. 

19 minutes ago, The Doc said:

I am not renewing whilst Levein is top dog re 1st team affairs and made that decision a fair few months ago...sad as frankly I want to continue to help the club I love with £££ but frankly its soul destroying watching us and has been for almost 3 years...one off performances dont cut it, a spineless, leaderless and feckless display today, simply a continuation over months and years....

Staggering and deflating....FoH subs continues even though at times I simply through frustration, tell myself to vote with my £££ to evidence displeasure but have donated since day dot and will continue but season tickets are a diff matter....we are pathetic on the park, and even a cup win wouldnt hide the massive flaws in our makeup....

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, leginten said:

Remember it well. At least we did have some decent players that day. 

Utter imposters we have at the moment.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

The win away to hibs, the win through to the Cup Final - neither of these seems to have embued our squad with confidence.

I'm beginning to think I imagined our start to the season. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Pitch looked tremendous. :thumb:

Not surprised it looks good, the ball rarely touched it.

There isn't one. Some fans want rid of Levein, Some fans want rid of Budge, Most hate the way we play, Some feel attacked through Budges actions. Most are frustrated. 

Its on the players to give the fans something. A cup final that we could very well be on the receiving end of a severe gubbing does not give supporters much to cling on to. Especially given the current performance levels. 

Gigolo-Aunt

Was very surprised at the amount of seats which have been paid for but folk decided not to use today.  Surely Budge has to notice things like that

Im sure it’s just due to the rugby/weather/bus strikes etc etc

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

There isn't one. Some fans want rid of Levein, Some fans want rid of Budge, Most hate the way we play, Some feel attacked through Budges actions. Most are frustrated. 

Its on the players to give the fans something. A cup final that we could very well be on the receiving end of a severe gubbing does not give supporters much to cling on to. Especially given the current performance levels. 

I will record the game and maybe watch it later depending on score.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Gave my season ticket away today. Wasnt going to pay someone to cover my shift to watch that. In two minds as whether to get a cup final ticket. I want to go to a cup final with my dad as I don't know how many chances we'll have left as he's getting nearer 80 than 70 and I've never been to Hampden to watch us lift the cup with him. But on the other hand I don't fancy going thru to watch us get comprehensively humped and have to watch that scummy lot celebrate.

Edited by Brian Whittaker's Tache

6 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Was very surprised at the amount of seats which have been paid for but folk decided not to use today.  Surely Budge has to notice things like that

Im sure it’s just due to the rugby/weather/bus strikes etc etc

Maybe notice it but money’s been paid already.

Maybe not too much notice !

1 hour ago, ellsbells said:

The cup final could see us feeling the way Hibs fans did in 2012. Absolute hammering on the cards if we play like we did today

A doing from Celtic will be painful - but nowhere near as painful as getting a hammering from your bitterest local rivals!!!!

1 hour ago, The Doc said:

My family and I have had season tickets for over 25 years...I do not say this lightly as Hearts are a huge part of my life, but I am seriously considering not going back to Tynecastle as long as Levein remains.

It’s been poor for a while but today was different, there was nothing inside Tynecastle. Absolutely dead, a bit of booing when that mob struck up god save the queen was as animated as it got. There’s zero feel good factor, whats  the record defeat in a final coz it’s on the cards on the 25th!!

I'll be going to the final because it's a one off, a total free hit. I am off the belief that every dog has their day and even Levein might get lucky one of these days.

The biggest worry is we don't start playing until we're chasing the game.

I hate Celtic and it won't be nice to see us getting humped but IF we were to win it would be one of the best days of my Hearts supporting life. Besides, it's not going to be any worse than losing 5-1 to Rangers in the final.

Would I be more confident going there with someone other than Levein in charge though? Absolutely.

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I'll be going to the final because it's a one off, a total free hit. I am off the belief that every dog has their day and even Levein might get lucky one of these days.

The biggest worry is we don't start playing until we're chasing the game.

I hate Celtic and it won't be nice to see us getting humped but IF we were to win it would be one of the best days of my Hearts supporting life. Besides, it's not going to be any worse than losing 5-1 to Rangers in the final.

Would I be more confident going there with someone other than Levein in charge though? Absolutely.

Problem is how you approach the free hit. With our current set up we will try to hold out for a miracle and get absolutely gubbed!!