25 points from 24 games

Fozzyonthefence

The problem is AB may know the ropes regarding running a business... but honestly has no idea at all about how to run a football team. This is the reason why CL is still in the managers seat AB does not know how to take the situation in hand. Sacking CL is the easy bit replacing him is the hard bit and she is not up to that task. She would have to ask CL how she would replace himself the woman does not have a clue. Before anybody starts spraffing on about what she has done for the club... that is not in question but it does not change the fact she knows hehaw about the football game.

skinnybob72

How we laughed when Hibs sleepwalked their way to relegation, how we enjoyed the number of seemingly decent players who went to Hibs and failed. Someone even came up with the phrase “East Mains - where skill goes to die.”

Swap the word Hibs for Hearts and East Mains for Riccarton - because we’re becoming more mediocre by the season. 

Enzo Chiefo
44 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

The problem is AB may know the ropes regarding running a business... but honestly has no idea at all about how to run a football team. This is the reason why CL is still in the managers seat AB does not know how to take the situation in hand. Sacking CL is the easy bit replacing him is the hard bit and she is not up to that task. She would have to ask CL how she would replace himself the woman does not have a clue. Before anybody starts spraffing on about what she has done for the club... that is not in question but it does not change the fact she knows hehaw about the football game.

Which illustrates the poor governance at the club. Having AB as Chairman, Chief Exec and owner , while knowing next to nothing about football is the nub of the problem. All football matters are deferred to Levein. When Levein goes, either now or in May, she has no option other than to source advice from outwith the club, in order to identify a shortlist of candidates for the vacant manager post. It's a farcical situation to find ourselves in.

John mcCartney
53 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

what makes grim viewing is that its apparent that this is all fast becoming a nationwide farce

Look on the bright side, there’s still a cup final to look forward to. We will get pumped right enough but still, it’s a cup final. 

Edited by Dazzle

38 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

How we laughed when Hibs sleepwalked their way to relegation, how we enjoyed the number of seemingly decent players who went to Hibs and failed. Someone even came up with the phrase “East Mains - where skill goes to die.”

Swap the word Hibs for Hearts and East Mains for Riccarton - because we’re becoming more mediocre by the season. 

We are nowhere near that stage yet. We have defo become an average run of the mill top flight side. But nowhere near bad enough to worry about relegation. 

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

We are nowhere near that stage yet. We have defo become an average run of the mill top flight side. But nowhere near bad enough to worry about relegation. 

I wonder if we'd be looking over our shoulder a bit if we hadn't had such a great start because only St Mirren, Dundee and Hamilton have gained fewer points than us since the LC semi defeat.

At least those 3 clubs had the balls to sack underperforming managers though.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

An utterly embarrassing statistic.  Just how bad does it have to get before CL will be sacked / resign?

Come on Craig, you love this club, please do the right thing and at least give us some sort of chance of winning the final.  

It’s what he does, must of his team’s average about 1-1.5 points per game with the same average of goals for and against. Average all round.

gowestjambo
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

I wonder if we'd be looking over our shoulder a bit if we hadn't had such a great start because only St Mirren, Dundee and Hamilton have gained fewer points than us since the LC semi defeat.

At least those 3 clubs had the balls to sack underperforming managers though.

To make matters worse, we have been beaten by all three of the above.......

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

For a club of our ambitions, financial outlay etc. then yes that's stackable.

You can't defend that. 

The pressure's certainly piling up!

Rocky jamboa

Budge knows that around 13k fans will renew season tickets next year so no need to make any changes. 

She has one more year in charge so will stick with the status quo and keep her friend Craig in charge. From her point of view, why would she sack him and jeopardise their friendship?

We have such a loyal core of fans that its being taken for granted now. 

I didn't renew this season (thank God!) As I've not enjoyed the last few seasons. However, whilst 13/14 thousand do, there will be no changes. The fans are being taken for mugs. 

10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Budge knows that around 13k fans will renew season tickets next year so no need to make any changes. 

She has one more year in charge so will stick with the status quo and keep her friend Craig in charge. From her point of view, why would she sack him and jeopardise their friendship?

We have such a loyal core of fans that its being taken for granted now. 

I didn't renew this season (thank God!) As I've not enjoyed the last few seasons. However, whilst 13/14 thousand do, there will be no changes. The fans are being taken for mugs. 

one last mandatory season.

Quite likely the foundation will ask her to stay on. 

More of the same for the next few seasons at least.

Its utterly depressing having to read threads like this week in and week out about how dire we are.  Ann Budge has a reputation of being a highly successful business person and I don't doubt for a second that her ambition extends to being highly ambitious for Hearts.

Surely she can see that's it's simply not going to happen under levein's stewardship.

My heart goes out to all of you who have to watch this underr-performance week in and week out.  At least I only have to read about and that is free.

merseyjambo

This for me is the most painful stat of them all under CL.

Last season the CL worshippers blamed the fact that they weren’t his players and this season it’s injuries they are using as their comfort blanket. The truth is he’s an average manager with ideas from a bygone era.

Yesterday we saw a Rangers team that barely got out of first gear and a midfield including Ryan feckin Jack that seemed to have the freedom of Edinburgh but a team that played with a bit of pace and movement against a team that seemed devoid of ideas with very little idea of how to break down an opponent. 

It it was the same last week in the first half where we played with zero movement from the middle of the park.

I’d actually love to see what our stats are for goals from open play against those from a set piece this season. Personally I don’t think it would make pleasant reading. 

We have zero creativity and movement in the team and rely on one player to provide that spark for us. 

I’ll be truly amazed if we add much more to the 25 from 24 tally this season.

Edited by merseyjambo

9 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Look on the bright side, there’s still a cup final to look forward to. We will get pumped right enough but still, it’s a cup final. 

Exactly, a nice day out, purchase a nice wee half and half scarf, it’s no all bad folks. 

6 hours ago, OTT said:

one last mandatory season.

Quite likely the foundation will ask her to stay on. 

More of the same for the next few seasons at least.

Budge, Levein, Foundation...... it’s all just more of the same cosy mediocrity and no one prepared to rock the boat 

Budge must be starting to question him now. Those a horrible stats and they will just get worse before the end of the season. In fact I'd be shocked if we win another game.  All this does is put people off. 

I see us being linked with Curtis Main in the press and that just horrifies me of what it will be like next season if levein stays. More hammer throwers up top for his horrific style of hoofball. 

Just keep screaming "5 year plan" and hopefully everything then looks amazing, apparently. If the 5 year plan is to absolutely shit our pants v the OF we are well on course for that.

Every CL holdout is saying if we finish 6'th and win the final then everything is justified it has been a good season and we are moving forward... I pray I am proved totally wrong but I think we will get well and truly turned over in the final. If we cannot compete at home to Rangers what are the chances of winning at Hampden ? But even if we do win the final has our play really improved? I have to be honest and say that living abroad I don't see all the games although I do see a few on the internet and my opinion of our game is that we are a very poor footballing side... painful to watch at times with very little skills on show and the entertainment value is very low.