Budge's Fortress

i8hibsh

35 minutes ago, Wullie Gibson said:

How you are able to post this abuse towards Forever is beyond me, and how you can assume that he is a fully fleshed bigot is ridiculous!

Calling someone a spineless coward whilst hiding behind an anonymous account says more about you than about him!

You obviously have an agenda!

The boy spends his entire time on here calling people bigots and racist. He then comments how they always flock to certain types of threads but he himself never misses one.

He desperately comments on my posts hoping for a reaction. I will never respond to him as quite frankly I hate the boy. Without doubt my least avourite poster on here who I would not give 1 pence to in order to spare him leaving this Earth.

I never even knew he existed on here until a short while back until he started abusing me, calling me racist and sectarian. He has even thrown in homophobic accusations at times too. Now that is laughable but it makes him feel good. He has PM'd me with accusations of all sorts too, even posted personal details of me. He is the exact definition of a keyboard hardman.

Bless his wee cotton picking socks though, he will still try and talk to me.

I have not one positive thing to say about his existance and without doubt the only member in all my time here that I genuinely hate.

Edited by i8hibsh

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Deviskan

• i8hibsh

• Djnoisy

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I remember a time not too long ago I’d go into a game vs sevco and the place was bouncing expecting 3 point s what did you see today, hearts  crowd like a cricket match sevco fans right behind their team and we’re sitting there like a load of fans at a tennis match 

You're avoiding answering the question.

tolcross lad
44 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Oh I agree...their statement was another perfect example of whataboutery, which nobody in the press or the SFA condemned, so what hope do we have of any simpleton fans behaving when the authorities and media are too spineless to say anything.

The issue is very complex.Identity is a very basic need for all of us.Labelling those who indulge in sectarian singing as" simpleton fans" has its problems.The reality is the "simpleton fans"and their families and their communities have a vote.

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You're avoiding answering the question.

What other owner have you known to close down sections of our own support, greet about fans standing up at games, regularly ban supporters more than any other club in the country, I’m not standing up for the people involved who got banned i can just say with confidence that we are by far the worst in the country for a bad support and we have by far had the worst punishments for fans who pay to come to games 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

What other owner have you known to close down sections of our own support, greet about fans standing up at games, regularly ban supporters more than any other club in the country, I’m not standing up for the people involved who got banned i can just say with confidence that we are by far the worst in the country for a bad support and we have by far had the worst punishments for fans who pay to come to games 

What?

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

She has never once said don’t sing so stop being dramatic. She’s clamping down on folk singing about killing catholics and other sectarian songs, as well as illegal pyrotechnics that cost the club money. It’s also a rule in all seater stadiums that people sit so what’s she meant to say?

Pyro didn’t create atmosphere 10 years ago so I don’t know why it’s an excuse now

:spoton:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

cracking weather today absolutely splendid day for a footie match

our guests seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves in the sunshine

cant think how anyone wouldn't have enjoyed such a day - I can only imagine we have a very busy fanbase with so many no-shows and those with appointments from 1pm onwards

as budge once said (along the lines of) if we build a shiny new stand why wouldn't people want to come and sit in it

no idea Ann - is it because they can't see the castle?

tolcross lad

The demographics of Edinburgh is changing.Ever take a walk through Gorgie or see the large number of ethnic diverse pupils at Tynie.Same goes throughout the city.As a club we need to welcome these immigrants to Tyncastle.Its the only way that our club will grow.Our identity needs to adapt to be inclusive .Its the only way.By doing this sectarianism as we know it will die.I dont always agree with Ann Budge but she is right.We either get stuck in the" Edinburgh is wonderful" brigade or we try to get rid of this mindset.Get rid I say.

SpruceBringsteen

Folk who went to their first game in the 10s think the 00s had more atmosphere.

Folk who went to their first game in the 00s think the 90s had more atmosphere.

Folk who went to their first game in the 90s think... etc etc.

I went to my first game in 86, and factually the atmosphere at Tynecastle has been utterly uniform since then. Utterly uniform.

Dagger Is Back

25/72 is the answer you’re all looking for.

That and a brand of football that sucks all the life out of you no matter how passionate a Jambo you are

Ann is great, I like her, woman need more place in football rather than you hardmen who give not so friendly "banter" do you treat your loved ones like this,, yes probably ?

Thought the atmosphere in the second half against Aberdeen the other week was decent. Aided by frustration at the ref, admittedly. 

An insipid performance in a game that kicked off at 12 was never going to get fans animated, regardless of the opposition.

14 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

So it would be better if said cough was drowned-out by a chorus of hullo hullo?

meanwhile, I've been trying to find that statement from Budge where she said no Hearts songs are allowed... I can't find it.

Maybe because Budge never said it?

My take on the atmosphere is that it's not Budge silencing the fans, its the fans choosing not to sing any of the many legitimate Hearts songs we have.

But aye, let's blame the person who helped saved the Club.

Where does most of our atmosphere originate from? N & G.

Where has she been most critical of fans? N & G. 

Perhaps Ann could think of ways to encourage the rest of the ground to get involved. As you say, plenty of other songs. I think she's been so focused on stamping out her view of unacceptable conduct that she's completely forgotten to encourage what she would consider good conduct

1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

The demographics of Edinburgh is changing.Ever take a walk through Gorgie or see the large number of ethnic diverse pupils at Tynie.Same goes throughout the city.As a club we need to welcome these immigrants to Tyncastle.Its the only way that our club will grow.Our identity needs to adapt to be inclusive .Its the only way.By doing this sectarianism as we know it will die.I dont always agree with Ann Budge but she is right.We either get stuck in the" Edinburgh is wonderful" brigade or we try to get rid of this mindset.Get rid I say.

100%. Worries me that we are a white Scottish club.  Not sustainable.

People worldwide love football.  We must attract other ethnicities to Tynie.

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Not really buddy. Sitting alone drinking myself into oblivion.

Let's hope so.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Where does most of our atmosphere originate from? N & G.

Where has she been most critical of fans? N & G. 

Perhaps Ann could think of ways to encourage the rest of the ground to get involved. As you say, plenty of other songs. I think she's been so focused on stamping out her view of unacceptable conduct that she's completely forgotten to encourage what she would consider good conduct

What! You're saying it's Budge's job to encourage football fans to sing? What do you think Ann's job is, Choir Master?

Budge's view of so-called "unacceptable conduct" is the same view held by the vast majority of football supporters. Budge is representing what the vast majority want – getting rid of sectarian singing. 

This idea that "hullo hullo" and pyrotechnics is what the rest of us want to see and hear is actually an insult. I'm spending over £700 a year supporting Hearts (others like me are spending more) and a stain on my experience is having to listen to sectarian hate-filled shouting from our own support.

That there was no sickening singing from our support today rendered my experience more enjoyable than it would have been if there had been. It was bad enough hearing the rangers fans sing their sh***. How to deal with them is another conversation altogether, but it also has to happen.

And the idea that some of my £700 is spent mitigating costs caused by the utter morons who throw fireworks onto the pitch makes me sick.

1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

Well said. I would love to see a truer cross-section of the Edinburgh community at home games. 

I can completely understand why some people would find the idea of coming to a game to be a risk simply not worth taking.

When reading the papers and hearing reports of sectarian singing and other behaviours loaded with ethnic prejudices, why would someone then decide to try Tynecastle for a game? 

It's very sad. 

But Hearts as a Club are attempting to change the ethos of the one toxic element of our support. The Club is widely supported for doing this. 

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

cracking weather today absolutely splendid day for a footie match

our guests seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves in the sunshine

cant think how anyone wouldn't have enjoyed such a day - I can only imagine we have a very busy fanbase with so many no-shows and those with appointments from 1pm onwards

as budge once said (along the lines of) if we build a shiny new stand why wouldn't people want to come and sit in it

no idea Ann - is it because they can't see the castle?

Easter weekend and cracking weather will have contributed to the smaller crowd. 

It was like a library today, from our end. Yes our team didn’t do Much to help.

From the start The Rangers out sung us, some was unpleasant but Rule Brittania and Others were not exactly upsetting... 

Football needs an atmosphere and an edge, not sectarian bile (be that religious or political) the atmosphere was akin to rugby 

1 hour ago, SilkyOne said:

Ann is great, I like her, woman need more place in football rather than you hardmen who give not so friendly "banter" do you treat your loved ones like this,, yes probably ?

How do you know all who posted are men?

8 minutes ago, kila said:

How do you know all who posted are men?

Most will be, apologises if you are not, I would say 80-90% are guys here? 

Just now, Hearts_fan said:

What! You're saying it's Budge's job to encourage football fans to sing? What do you think Ann's job is, Choir Master?

Budge's view of so-called "unacceptable conduct" is the same view held by the vast majority of football supporters. Budge is representing what the vast majority want – getting rid of sectarian singing. 

This idea that "hullo hullo" and pyrotechnics is what the rest of us want to see and hear is actually an insult. I'm spending over £700 a year supporting Hearts (others like me are spending more) and a stain on my experience is having to listen to sectarian hate-filled shouting from our own support.

That there was no sickening singing from our support today rendered my experience more enjoyable than it would have been if there had been. It was bad enough hearing the rangers fans sing their sh***. How to deal with them is another conversation altogether, but it also has to happen.

And the idea that some of my £700 is spent mitigating costs caused by the utter morons who throw fireworks onto the pitch makes me sick.

Do I think her job is a Choir Master? :D No her job is to be a ****ing CEO and lead the club to profitability. Which is a wide ranging job which touches on various aspects of the club, including fan engagement. If she needs to have a negative interaction with fans by way of closing a section, okay, but follow it up with a positive one. If fans feel attacked they may just stop engaging which is arguably worst than the previous situation (as they may not want to spend as you rightly point out a lot of money on tickets etc which we are reliant on.).

I don't like or condone sectarianism. I do feel like a lot of fans don't know a great deal of songs and there doesn't seem to be much effort to try and get these other songs into the mix. 'Since I was young' was brilliant during the relegation/ promotion seasons, there needs to be an effort from the club to try and promote these songs and really engage with fans to positively reinforce this type of participation. 

I feel like Budges approach is almost vilifying hearts fans as a collective and associating our name with sectarianism in this pursuit of having a 'family club' which annoys me. Celtic and TCFKA rangers both are able to welcome families which rules out any argument that sectarianism somehow prevents folks taking their kids to the football. Its a minor issue within our fan base and should be condemned but to go after it so relentlessly is both pointless and damaging to our brand as it is an issue which will never be solved (because it is a societal issue).

We may disagree on this point but ultimately I want to see a successful football team on the park. Going after fans for idiotic behaviour, couldn't be less relevant to me. I want Tynecastle to be a fixture that other teams look at and groan. Tynecastle being a nice place really doesn't interest me. 

I think we're fast approaching the end of Budges tenure as I do not believe this approach will cause more fans to come through the gates. 

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Diego Hamish said:

Can't wait for the granny to leave our club, she's no clue, shes ruining our club. 

Yeah, she isn’t really. 

10 hours ago, kila said:

I don't blame Budge for enforcing the rules the club legally have to follow. The ground is rocking whenever the team actually gets stuck in and plays well. Even if we had a standing section and pyros you really think the team would have played any better today?

The problem is Budge's faith in Levein and the style of football that comes with it, not Budge stopping the wee neds from getting out of hand.

Budge is the problem  as she can't see how bad the football  side is performing. She's  done great off the pitch but doesn't  have clue about the footballing  side  unfortunately 

6 hours ago, jambomjm74 said:

It was like a library today, from our end. Yes our team didn’t do Much to help.

From the start The Rangers out sung us, some was unpleasant but Rule Brittania and Others were not exactly upsetting... 

Football needs an atmosphere and an edge, not sectarian bile (be that religious or political) the atmosphere was akin to rugby 

If you have to endure what us fans have had to this season since October then no wonder.. This library chat is chronic. The fans most definitely do not deserve any form of criticism going to these games enduring this shite no wonder. Demanding support yes.. unrealistic no.. We should be top 4 end of

12 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Budge is the problem  as she can't see how bad the football  side is performing. She's  done great off the pitch but doesn't  have clue about the footballing  side  unfortunately 

Budge has done a phenomenal job. Apart from obviously putting up the capital to save us look at the improvements in the stadium and with the pitch. She has put key building blocks in place which will serve us well for many years. 

You could argue that action could have been taken after the Livingston humiliation but giving a manager the entire season is a responsible approach and actually makes us a more attractive proposition for prospective managers. If she does nothing in the summer then I agree that she should be criticised but there is nothing wrong with being professional and solid. 

It's taken her over 3 years to get here. Way back then when she attacked our fans for slagging Mixu Paatelainen, I thought she doesn't understand this, but so what?, it's no big deal.

Fast forward to yesterday.  Looking out at sections of our end closed down, while a full end of Rangers had a party was shite. Her crusade to make the club family friendly before everything else, coupled with her relationship with Levein and his woeful football has sucked the fun out going to games. 

I'm hearing dissenting voices and discussions about renewing season tickets, from the sort of supporters she should be worried about losing.

13 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Water off a ducks back to me. He's been made to look a fool with these baseless allegations so that's good enough for me. 

Your spot on with everything you have said mate!  The only spineless idiot here is @Deviskan get a life.

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Scotland is 96% white, so I'd relax.

6 hours ago, Diego Hamish said:

Can't wait for the granny to leave our club, she's no clue, shes ruining our club. 

She's better hair than trump, and she can get things built.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland is 96% white, so I'd relax.

I am aware of that and I am relaxed.  Despite that you can never have too many supporters and ethnic groups should be encouraged to become Jambos and be welcomed.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

I am aware of that and I am relaxed.  Despite that you can never have too many supporters and ethnic groups should be encouraged to become Jambos and be welcomed.

That's a given, but the traditionalists are a bit aggressive towards the 21st century.

No mention of the songs being sung at the away end? She will close our sections but wont stand up to the old firm? Should be following the kilmarnock lead and slashing their allocation right down to the 2% we get there see how they like that. 

Forever Hearts
12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Why would that worry you and why is it not sustainable?

rick witter
3 minutes ago, Bainy said:

No mention of the songs being sung at the away end? She will close our sections but wont stand up to the old firm? Should be following the kilmarnock lead and slashing their allocation right down to the 2% we get there see how they like that. 

Spot on. If she is happy to close down home sections and apparently lose money she will be just as happy to do it for the away end. 

Fact is she already has the fans money. 

To be fair, the Rangers end was honking yesterday.

Hello Hello, **** the IRA, Rule Britannia and God Save the Queen - None of these songs are about football or Rangers. Total embarrassment.  I take consolation because it wasn't our fans singing such unadulterated pish! Thanks Ann! 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, pablo said:

It's taken her over 3 years to get here. Way back then when she attacked our fans for slagging Mixu Paatelainen, I thought she doesn't understand this, but so what?, it's no big deal.

Fast forward to yesterday.  Looking out at sections of our end closed down, while a full end of Rangers had a party was shite. Her crusade to make the club family friendly before everything else, coupled with her relationship with Levein and his woeful football has sucked the fun out going to games. 

I'm hearing dissenting voices and discussions about renewing season tickets, from the sort of supporters she should be worried about losing.

when budge took an early hard line with the loyalists just about everyone understood her sentiment

the mixu debacle and a few other of her reactions were early red flags to those who don't feel compelled to tug their forelock and call her queen Ann

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
37 minutes ago, Bainy said:

hammered again by rangers having to listen to them again have a party in the sun blasting out rule brittania and the national anthem while we must have the most disaffected support for a team a few weeks away from a major cup final

thanks queen Ann / nanny budge

17 hours ago, Djnoisy said:

Today is unfortunately a look into the future. I'd posted elsewhere that not one song was sung inside Tynecastle today. We are told not to stand and not to sing. I don't encourage what's been going on in parts of the stadium but our home ground is about as intimidating as the local nursery. 

True. It’s like a morgue now. 

The atmosphere solution is very simple and that is to turn the Gorgie Rd end into the singing area. Get the lads to move from G&N into Gorgie Rd and then something special can be created. We would have all the guys that want to back the team in that way in the same place. Until we get all the like minded people in the one place it’s going to continue to be a half baked shambles. Atmosphere and fan experience are high up on the list of what fans want from going to games so the club should be making this one of the priorities or it will have an adverse effect on results and season ticket sales. 

20 hours ago, kila said:

I don't blame Budge for enforcing the rules the club legally have to follow. The ground is rocking whenever the team actually gets stuck in and plays well. Even if we had a standing section and pyros you really think the team would have played any better today?

The problem is Budge's faith in Levein and the style of football that comes with it, not Budge stopping the wee neds from getting out of hand.

She said at the start that she appointed him because she knew nothing about the footballing side well she was right there and neither does Levein.

The fact he is still here after the performances over the last few months proves that she know nothing about football. How she can sit week after week watching that shite and think it is acceptable is beyond belief.

It would appear now that because we have reached a cup final that he has done a wonderful job. It would need a miracle to happen for us to beat Celtic with that team. Anyone who thinks Naismith is going to transform that team is deluded and clutching at straws. Yes he is a great example to players and organises the players on the pitch but he can't win a game on his own and this team has too many passengers.

Levein has signed players that with the exception of Mulraney are all devoid of pace and they are designed to play in a team that has one plan and that is to hoof the ball to Uche. There is no plan B, fact.

Yesterday was a prime example of how slow and poor they are in midfield. Wighton dispossed and then Bozanic for two of their goals. They are incapable of making more than two or three passeswithout losing the ball. Far too easily moved off the ball and too slow to try and recover it.

Levein has run out of excuses now so it really is time for him to go and get a new Manager in so that he can rebuild around the few decent signings we have. 

You get an atomshere at a game by playing good football and getting stuck in it's really just as simple as that.

Edited by wavydavy

Diego Hamish
4 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

when budge took an early hard line with the loyalists just about everyone understood her sentiment

the mixu debacle and a few other of her reactions were early red flags to those who don't feel compelled to tug their forelock and call her queen Ann

The 'queen ann' moniker is cretinous behaviour

Phil Dunphy
19 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Dry your eyes.

Johnny Sandiego
20 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Mid you can honestly say the atmosphere isn’t absolutely horrible compared to 10 years ago 

Oh aye, that was the great 08/09 season where we used to score 4 goals every home game and stormed to the top of the league. What an atmosphere.

Or was it in fact a 3rd placed finish with on 6 more points than we currently have, a +3 goal difference and football that made you want to rip your eyes out?

The atmosphere hasnt changed at all in the last 10 years. Its only as good as the game the fans are watching and has far more to do with the players than the owners. You only need to go back 2 or 3 games ago against Aberdeen to prove that point.