Djoum

i8hibsh

6 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Better at what?

Everything. He's better at taking long throw ins than Bozanic and he's better at set pieces than Lee. only thing that they are better at is hiding.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RudiHMFC

• H2

• i8hibsh

• Paul Shark

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

Everything. He's better at taking long throw ins than Bozanic and he's better at set pieces than Lee. only thing that they are better at is hiding.

Is he? Is there any evidence of this? Many goals has he got? How many assists has he got? 

kingantti1874

Like others gets the ball in 20 yards of space, doesn’t look to drive into it, just passes it off.. not the only culprit but he’s really nothing special 

7 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Is he? Is there any evidence of this? Many goals has he got? How many assists has he got? 

To be fair I think we are arguing about who's the poorest player in an abysmally poor midfield to be honest.

gashauskis9
54 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Djoum was poor today. But it must be a nightmare trying to play in midfield with Bozanic and Lee.

This this this.

How Bozanic lasted that game is beyond me.  He chucked it in the first half and didn’t pass the ball with any conviction after that.  He’s had so many chances to stake a claim when Haring has been out, but every time he comes in and starts one of these big games he shites it.  

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This this this.

How Bozanic lasted that game is beyond me.  He chucked it in the first half and didn’t pass the ball with any conviction after that.  He’s had so many chances to stake a claim when Haring has been out, but every time he comes in and starts one of these big games he shites it.  

Does Djoum not do that? What does he do well in this team?

gashauskis9
23 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Does Djoum not do that? What does he do well in this team?

Rarely gets caught in possession and is one of few who can put a foot in and win the ball back.  Nowhere near the worst on the pitch today, but an easy target on here. 

5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Rarely gets caught in possession and is one of few who can put a foot in and win the ball back.  Nowhere near the worst on the pitch today, but an easy target on here. 

I'd say he's a hard target, folk think he's been player of the year, he doesn't do anything.

It's like Don Cowie syndrome all over again but he actually got the odd goal or assist.

Edited by RudiHMFC

Richard Dawkins
12 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I'd say he's a hard target, folk think he's been player of the year, he doesn't do anything.

It's like Don Cowie syndrome all over again but he actually got the odd goal or assist.

I agree. He looks good when we are winning, however, lacks aggressiveness, commitment and attacking insight when needed i.e like today. 

Edited by Richard Dawkins

Cant pass, cant tackle, doesn't create or score, lethargic and slow.

People that rate him please explain to me what I am missing 

And saying he is better than another midfielder(like lee) is not an what I an explanation.

rudi must stay
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I think we all know how shite Wighton, Bozanic, Burns are etc but how does this guy continue to get such an easy ride.

An utter waster who I can't wait to see leave.

Ye I can't be bothered with him

15 caps for Cameroon, he should walk this league. And would if he gave it a (put in your own not a very nice word) in a Hearts Shirt, simple as that IMO

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Ye I can't be bothered with him

15 caps for Cameroon, he should walk this league. And would if he gave it a (put in your own not a very nice word) in a Hearts Shirt, simple as that IMO

When Arnaud Djoum plays for us we are (I heard this stat recently) only 31% likely to win.

Sneckiejambo

Martin and Vanackek can't be as bad as some of that imposters on that Park today, give them a chance at least.

Diego Hamish
Just now, i8hibsh said:

When Arnaud Djoum plays for us we are (I heard this stat recently) only 31% likely to win.

Racist 

3 minutes ago, Sneckiejambo said:

Martin and Vanackek can't be as bad as some of that imposters on that Park today, give them a chance at least.

Martin could not even make the grade at the Pars.

Sneckiejambo
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Martin could not even make the grade at the Pars.

Well who signed both and gave them 3 year deals.

3 minutes ago, Sneckiejambo said:

He really is ****ing horrendous at recruitment.

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, Sneckiejambo said:

With Martin we'd be even worse.

Terrible player, he wouldn't pass to anyone either and our team would be far less of a team than it is now

The guys is 10x worse than Djoum

Edited by rudi must stay

3 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Djoum is an absolute imposter who sh**s out of tackles and doesn't give a toss about our club. 

Your right yet  a few on hear said good luck to him in his next move as it'll be his last chance of a decent deal. The same folk would go Tonto when one of the youths move for the same reason

Edited by jambocub
Missing word

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

51.15% of stats are made up on the spot.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

That stat is not true.  We did have a 31% win rate with Djoum in the team in 2015/16 season.  Then again without him it was 18%.

This is the only season he's been here where the win percentage with him in the team is lower than without him, mainly because he missed the first part of the season when we were playing well.  Though we did win 5 of his first 6 games before all the injuries kicked in.

Cruyff Turn

Djoum can’t do everything himself. He was the only payer in our midfield who could successfully complete a pass, protect the ball, win it and keep us in possession. Ok, Kamara got the better of him. Kamara is a brilliant football player, a better player than Djoum. It’s not Djoum or Naisys fault that every player around them is not on the same level. Funnily enough, a bit like Glen Kamara when he was at Dundee playing alongside utter shite. 

He did however lose Katic at the 3rd but the question has to be asked, why the **** is Djoum marking Katic in the first place? why weren’t Berra and Souttar marking their two centerhalfs? They never had any other big lumps up at corners? Who organised us at set pieces? 

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I think we all know how shite Wighton, Bozanic, Burns are etc but how does this guy continue to get such an easy ride.

If his mentality matched his undoubted skill as a player he would be a better player for us - fact 

and I don’t buy anyone saying that he is starting to find his consistency this season after dropping off before - all seems a bit co incidental that some of his good performances comes at the same time as him saying he wants options for his next big career move 

Like the rest of the midfield he hides in big games. Bever drops in looking for a ball resulting said hoof tactics from the defence. No where near good enough for where we want to be like the rest of the squad. Dont get the love in for him at all. 

18 hours ago, The Fox said:

Best player for us today.  Never hid and gave 100%

What game did you watch yesterday? Djoum was as mince as the rest of them! 

13 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Better at what?

Better at strolling around the middle of the park watching the game.

58 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Again one of the few players who performed and showed heart and desire. Will be a big miss if he goes.

I have no idea what I am missing.

Given can pass, tackle, create, score, slow, covers little ground, please explain what he contributes. 

132goals1958
17 hours ago, stirlo said:

Exactly - he's our best midfielder by some distance. The problem is the players around him.

Thank goodness. I was beginning to think I was somehow watching a different game from everyone else. Some around me were shouting at Djoum  for the loss of the first goal.

I honestly wonder if some people on here actually watch games.

Djoum was our best midfielder today by a country mile. First half particularly he was the only player in the team to have a go and move the ball around with any conviction.

Bozanic and Lee were genuinely terrible (Lee has provided almost nothing since his goal against Hibs and is slower than a week in jail). Without Djoum (and Haring) we are rudderless and dead of creativity in midfield.

One of our only pass mark performers in the second half of the season.

Edited by ali_jambo

pettigrewsstylist
19 hours ago, suds66 said:

What's worrying is how hard Levein is trying to get him signed, most likely on a three year contract. There is a very good chance Djoum will be at the club next season, what has he done to suggest another club will take him.

Jesus. He is a total imposter. CL has lost the plot trying to resign him.

1 minute ago, ali_jambo said:

Djoum was our best midfielder today by a country mile. First half particularly he was the only player in the team to have a go and move the ball around with any conviction.

Bozanic and Lee were genuinely terrible (Lee has provided almost nothing since his goal against Hibs and is slower than a week in jail). Without Djoum (and Haring) we are rudderless and dead of creativity in midfield.

I agree he was better than the rest but how bad where the others though ?

He is a better player than kamara, however kamara knew what he was doing and had player around him who were available for a pass. 

11 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Lee provided the ball for the goal sgainst Hibs, along with the Djoum chance that he skied over.

He also took the corner to Mulraney, which set up the first goal last week, took the corner which the 2nd came from and made the pass which won us the penalty.

?

1 hour ago, H2 said:

Better at strolling around the middle of the park watching the game.

That's a great game for him according to some people.

24 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He is a better player than kamara, however kamara knew what he was doing and had player around him who were available for a pass. 

Is he? It is easy just to say this stuff but it has to be evidenced. I wll base on watching head to head and I don"t see Djoum better than many central midfielders. Even players like Bartley at Hibs has had his number in his time at Hearts.

Edited by i8hibsh

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is he? It is easy just to say this stuff but it has to be evidenced. I wll base on watching head to head and I don"t see Djoum better than many central midfielders. Even players like Bartley at Hibs has had his number in his time at Hearts.

It's easy just to say everything is shit. Maybe I should have said in my opinion . Not much evidence to compare one to another but you know that.

54 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

I agree with you. He’s no world beater, but in our midfield he’s the only guy offering any dig, grit and determination. I said last week that I shudder to think what our run of results since November would have been like without him. We are a team of absolute lightweights, and without his physicality we’d be in an even worse position. 

I’d like to see him take the ball forward more. I’d like to see him shoot more. He used to do that. Now, not so much.

upgotheheads
22 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

21 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He is a common denominator of 3 years decline.

Note: I am not saying he IS the sole reason.

21 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Easily, and I mean easily, the best of our outfield players today.

Carrying a team of passengers in midfield

Burns had a good game, the fact that an 18 year old in his first season  held his own against much more experienced players earning, probably, 20 time what he is says a lot

Djoum's a good player but even he can't compensate for the dross that was around him. 

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Lee provided the ball for the goal sgainst Hibs, along with the Djoum chance that he skied over.

He also took the corner to Mulraney, which set up the first goal last week, took the corner which the 2nd came from and made the pass which won us the penalty.

?

He takes set pieces, some of which work. And did a great reverse pass for the pen against a lower league side.

He is very talented, but a complete luxury. When we have him in our midfield it's like having a player missing.

Pasquale for King
23 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Easily, and I mean easily, the best of our outfield players today.

Carrying a team of passengers in midfield

23 hours ago, Deans Jambo said:

Only player 1st half that tried to close the Rangers back line and put some tackles in. 

Agreed

4 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

That's a great game for him according to some people.

well add on one pass and one tackle and it's a 10

He stood out in a sea of mediocrity yesterday. Not a great performance from him, but only one I’d give pass marks to in the midfield. 

I still maintain he’s being played too deep. Still our best midfielder, by an absolutely country mile, though.