Djoum

i8hibsh

I think we all know how shite Wighton, Bozanic, Burns are etc but how does this guy continue to get such an easy ride.

An utter waster who I can't wait to see leave.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RudiHMFC

• H2

• i8hibsh

• Paul Shark

Top Posters In This Topic

heart & soul

100% agreed.

The absolute weakest link

First name on the team sheet every week, how does that work????

We looked like title contenders until he returned to the squad.

Silvery_Moon
27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think we all know how shite Wighton, Bozanic, Burns are etc but how does this guy continue to get such an easy ride.

:spoton:

maroonnicky63
13 minutes ago, heart & soul said:

100% agreed.

The absolute weakest link

First name on the team sheet every week, how does that work????

We looked like title contenders until he returned to the squad.

We looked like title contenders ? ???????

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup. 

I'm worried how much time and effort Levein is wasting trying to keep this clown. He's never 'wanted' to be here and his performances outside of his first 6 months pretty much reflect that. 

He's a mercenary in every sense of the word. His only interest is in who is going to pay him the most (which is his right). I just hope that won't be us.

He is a common denominator of 3 years decline.

Note: I am not saying he IS the sole reason.

What's worrying is how hard Levein is trying to get him signed, most likely on a three year contract. There is a very good chance Djoum will be at the club next season, what has he done to suggest another club will take him.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

He is a common denominator of 3 years decline.

Note: I am not saying he IS the sole reason.

Aye and Stevie Gerrard was at Liverool for 20 years never won the league. If they win it this year probably means Gerrard is shite, right? 

Djoum was our best player for months. Carried the team at times. He’s been poor last 3 games and is perhaps due a rest.

He wasn’t at fault today. Wighton/Boz made errors that Djoum wouldn’t. Boz taking an extra touch was amateur 

Also, Djoum came back into the team when we were at the height of our injuries. His 3rd start of the season was without Souttar, Berra, Naismith and Uche

3 minutes ago, suds66 said:

What's worrying is how hard Levein is trying to get him signed, most likely on a three year contract. There is a very good chance Djoum will be at the club next season, what has he done to suggest another club will take him.

Heard today he’s already agreed to go to Aberdeen when his contract expires. I’m not ITK but the source it came from is.

1 minute ago, Diego10 said:

Easily, and I mean easily, the best of our outfield players today.

Carrying a team of passengers in midfield

Best player in a honking midfield.

I didn’t think Burns was that bad either 

A_A wehatethehibs

I have seen enough of Djoum, we need freshness and better passers of the ball in midfield. He does a decent job some games but I’m just fed up watching him play. Good luck to him on his next move, hope it’s another ian Black and he leaves Hearts with his best performance in a Hearts jersey on his last game at Hampden. For next season, Hearts need freshness, creativity and new energy in the midfield department. 

7 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Disagree with that. Berra was the only one who I would give pass marks to.

I believe he started the game okay from a closing down perspective but seemed like he lost interest and was at fault for the third goal.

Although he wasn’t the worst out there today.

7 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Best player in a honking midfield.

I didn’t think Burns was that bad either 

Thought Burns was poor. Passing was terrible and his lack of pace is a major concern for the final.

Forrest playing on a wide pitch like Hampden against Burns is the thing of nightmares.

pettigrewsstylist
53 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Agreed. The rubbish over the last few yrs suggesting this guy to be special. Nowhere nr the standard i expect from Hearts.

14 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Not a glowing endorsement but I agree with your point !

pettigrewsstylist
30 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yup. 

I'm worried how much time and effort Levein is wasting trying to keep this clown. He's never 'wanted' to be here and his performances outside of his first 6 months pretty much reflect that. 

He's a mercenary in every sense of the word. His only interest is in who is going to pay him the most (which is his right). I just 

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

18 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I’m with you. Incredible that folk can’t see he’s our only decent midfielder. Ollie Lee is slower than Rob Lee is now. Bozanic is total shite, although he never hides and Mulraney is inconsistent but did well at goal. Cochrane was utter rank as well.

Having left after third can't comment but midfield never laid a glove on them, putting Wighton in for Clare was a bad bad decision.

7 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I’m with you. Incredible that folk can’t see he’s our only decent midfielder. Ollie Lee is slower than Rob Lee is now. Bozanic is total shite, although he never hides and Mulraney is inconsistent but did well at goal. Cochrane was utter rank as well.

we improved when Cochrane came on. 

At Rangers first goal, A decent midfield player would have been alert and put in a tackle, not looking like he was dreaming and caught on the back foot.

6 minutes ago, H2 said:

we improved when Cochrane came on. 

At Rangers first goal, A decent midfield player would have been alert and put in a tackle, not looking like he was dreaming and caught on the back foot.

Watched a different Cochrane from me. Caught in possession several times although I suppose it up for debate whether he was an improvement on Lee, who is utter (x2) rank and a complete empty jersey.

Only saw first goal “live” so I can’t recall Djoum’s role in it. I’m sure nobody was expecting Wighton’s touch to be so bad! 

Edited by Shaggy2

1 hour ago, Diego10 said:

This - would’ve been hell of a lot worse if he wasn’t playing.  Only midfielder who shows for the ball or tries to press.  Lee and bozanic are an abomination and nowhere near hearts standard 

He does have ability but I've never taken to him. He's been looking for the back door and the fire escape for about 3 years. 

I'd be amazed if he signed a new contract and, in equal measure, deflated. He just seems symptomatic of the malaise at Hearts in the last 2/3 years. 

12 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Djoum is far from the biggest problem in this team. 

Exactly - he's our best midfielder by some distance. The problem is the players around him.

14 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Djoum is far from the biggest problem in this team. 

Agreed, but he is a constant one.

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Watched a different Cochrane from me. Caught in possession several times although I suppose it up for debate whether he was an improvement on Lee, who is utter (x2) rank and a complete empty jersey.

Only saw first goal “live” so I can’t recall Djoum’s role in it. I’m sure nobody was expecting Wighton’s touch to be so bad! 

I would say caught in possession twice but was much more positive in central midfield than the strolling Djoum, who was also caught in possession a few time. I only saw the first goal "live" too,, it wasn't hard to see Djoum's faux pas!

Based on the comments on here many would have expected the bad touch

2 hours ago, mre said:

The way jack ran past him after bozanic gave it away for their second was embarrassing.

To be fair to Bosanic .Djoum made a two yard pass to him with Jack right behind him, little time to be able to do anything with it.Poor pass from Djoum just putting someone else in trouble.

Edited by merrymac

lost in space

Djoum perfectly reflects the starting thought process of the management. Slow/keep/defend/slower/caution/possession/no gamble /no pace/no passion + repeat....

5 hours ago, Diego10 said:

I agree. He was all over the pitch closing down and making tackles. Only so much one guy can do though. If we had 10 guys with Djoum's attitude we wouldn't be losing so many games.

2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Djoum perfectly reflects the starting thought process of the management. Slow/keep/defend/slower/caution/possession/no gamble /no pace/no passion + repeat....

Totally agree, I really do not rate him at all, he doesn't do enough of anything, he doesn't score, he doesn't create, he doesn't defend particularly well, he gives away cheap fouls as he's always trying to recover. He's just the most average player.

5 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Thought Burns was poor. Passing was terrible and his lack of pace is a major concern for the final.

Forrest playing on a wide pitch like Hampden against Burns is the thing of nightmares.

I didn’t think his passing was poor - if Mulraney had been more switched on today he would have been on the end Burns passes.

1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

Djoum was poor today. But it must be a nightmare trying to play in midfield with Bozanic and Lee.

Or maybe it’s a nightmare playing in a midfield with Djoum?

1 minute ago, Jambomb said:

Or maybe it’s a nightmare playing in a midfield with Djoum?

You surely don't think that Djoum is the weak link in a midfield 3 that also contains Bozanic and Lee ? Bozanic is brutal, and he's not even the worst of the 3.

Just now, Paul Shark said:

You surely don't think that Djoum is the weak link in a midfield 3 that also contains Bozanic and Lee ? Bozanic is brutal, and he's not even the worst of the 3.

Djoum is brutal, how long has our midfield been brutal for? And he's always in it. Total nothing player.

2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Djoum is brutal, how long has our midfield been brutal for? And he's always in it. Total nothing player.

Exactly, common denominator....

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Who are you comparing him to ? Haring, when properly fit, fair enough. Djoum is a much better player than either of the other 2 that shone in our midfield today.

9 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Who are you comparing him to ? Haring, when properly fit, fair enough. Djoum is a much better player than either of the other 2 that shone in our midfield today.

Better at what?