• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• i8hibsh

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• been here before

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

But he didn't. Why are you refusing to accept this? It's aimed at one person only, and always has been. 

But that isn’t exactly well known, Steven McLean isn’t Ronaldo - we don’t all recognise his celebration..

its massively stupid to run past an already angered home support and “appear” to give the GiRFU. 

To not even consider that it may be misinterpreted shows complete lack of a brain. 

22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is a classic but so true. Mclean is awful but he has to be a better more solid shite than Wighton. That ***** should wear huggies not a Hearts strip.

Huggies!! ?

Actually spot on!!

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

But that isn’t exactly well known, Steven McLean isn’t Ronaldo - we don’t all recognise his celebration..

its massively stupid to run past an already angered home support and “appear” to give the GiRFU. 

To not even consider that it may be misinterpreted shows complete lack of a brain. 

When a player scores and blows a kiss to the stand, do you feel a bit gay? Does it offend you if you if you don't know the exact meaning of the gesture and who it's aimed at?

Stop looking for offence. 

The Internet

Even if there are personal reasons for it he should have realised how it looked, especially at 3 down. To my knowledge he's never done it since he came here (admittedly he hasn't had many chances to). 

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He has scored less times than a male panda in the past year and blames us?

GTF you utter Hibs *****

Plenty links quoted above why he does the celebration or can you not read ??‍♂️ 

Although it would’ve been nice if it was a GTF to clowns like you!

51 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Even if there are personal reasons for it he should have realised how it looked, especially at 3 down. To my knowledge he's never done it since he came here (admittedly he hasn't had many chances to). 

He did it after he scored at Hamilton at the start of the season.

The Internet
22 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

He did it after he scored at Hamilton at the start of the season.

Knew I shouldn't have said that part :lol: fair enough I missed that one. 

adambraejambo

I just find it a bit embarrassing celebrating at all for what was only ever going to be a consolation goal. However if he scores winner against Celtic in injury time I hope he directs that celebration to the East stand (or directly in front of Lennon) 

Also, celebrating a goal when you were 3 zip down is so ****ing embarrassing. We weren't playing Barcelona (despite Leveins attempts to make it so with his shan tactics). 

Seymour M Hersh
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Also, celebrating a goal when you were 3 zip down is so ****ing embarrassing. We weren't playing Barcelona (despite Leveins attempts to make it so with his shan tactics). 

If he was celebrating the fact the beast has missed out on his clean sheet bonus that's good enough for me.

Tokyo Drifter
3 hours ago, Thought Police said:

He’s done it for years, it’s aimed at his Dad, so calm down.

That right? Mind you, we've never seen that celebration much coz he doesn't tend to score often. I thought it was aimed at the Hearts fans, personally, but I'll bow to your superior knowledge. Does his dad sits in the Wheatfield then?

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

This in spades!!

If there is an explanation for it fair dues

If not then if fans can give abuse out but can’t take a bit back then they should shut the **** up and not give abuse to the players.

If they do a player is allowed to give some back if he wants IMO especially having scored a decent goal.

MacLean is an honest player - not a shirker. He might not be everyone's cup of tea but he’s hardly Larry Kingston ripping the piss out of the club to line his pockets.

It was a free ****ing world the last time I looked at it.

Edited by Jammy T

Hector Riva
59 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

If fans give it out they should be able to take it back, so grow up 

:greatpost:

3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Because you don't agree, understand and are offended by it?

He's been doing it for years. Why is it stupid and open to misinterpretation when he's explained it's reason?

I realise that we've discussed this elsewhere but, despite the fact that MacLean's been doing this for years, apparently, it was still a surprise to the BBC commentators.  Andy Walker (I know, I know) said that making an obscene gesture to his own fans was a bizarre thing to do.

If professional commentators got it wrong, it's no surprise that ordinary punters get it wrong too.

Bridge of Djoum
9 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I realise that we've discussed this elsewhere but, despite the fact that MacLean's been doing this for years, apparently, it was still a surprise to the BBC commentators.  Andy Walker (I know, I know) said that making an obscene gesture to his own fans was a bizarre thing to do.

If professional commentators got it wrong, it's no surprise that ordinary punters get it wrong too.

That's fair. A simple Google search may have saved a lot of arguments though. 

Uhhh, You lost me at Walker and ''professional commentators''.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

19 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

That's fair. A simple Google search may have saved a lot of arguments though. 

Uhhh, You lost me at Walker and ''professional commentators''.

:rofl:  I know.  Daft thing to say, huh?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Maple Leaf said:

:rofl:  I know.  Daft thing to say, huh?

I expect better, sir.

4 hours ago, kila said:

Strange celebration to do, so easily misunderstood.

Eapecially when we were 3 down at the time. I was watching on HeartsTV but was reading another post at the time so never did see the celebration/GIRUY gesture.

Is this going to get flogged until Wednesday or Thursday?

Looks to me like it's been dissected, chewed over, answered various times and explained, yet it's still going on.

Surely there's more to discuss than an arsehole goal celebration?

8 hours ago, Thought Police said:

He’s done it for years, it’s aimed at his Dad, so calm down.

Was he no sure where he sat ? Aimed it at Gorgie & Wheatfield Stands

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Better than Wighton. Who isn't? 

Not hard. MacLean did fine when he came on tbh. Good squad player.

been here before
6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Not hard. MacLean did fine when he came on tbh. Good squad player.

Which is really all he was ever meant to be.

Alex Kintner
8 hours ago, OTT said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/steven-maclean-confuses-pundits-celebration-14437417

Yes, I'm disappointed in myself for giving that rag a click but puts to bed it being directed at the fans. 

Poor time to do it though. 

Must have two dads then: one sitting in the Gorgie and one in the Wheatfield. Much more likely that it was a “get it up ye” to the fans who slaughtered him for a terrible passes minutes earlier.

27 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Must have two dads then: one sitting in the Gorgie and one in the Wheatfield. Much more likely that it was a “get it up ye” to the fans who slaughtered him for a terrible passes minutes earlier.

Wouldn't surprise me. Must be from the Jamie Hamill School of fan relations. 

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

Apparently it's to his Dad and was a thing at St Johnstone as well

To his dad? Holy shit. Mines would have hammered me.

I am just shocked we had a 'man of the match'. They must accept it with a red face. Awarding a member of our team MotM today is like a man shooting his bolt after 9 seconds then be awarded the title "Top Shagger" after it.

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, maroonnicky63 said:

If fans give it out they should be able to take it back, so grow up 

:spoton:

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

If there is an explanation for it fair dues

If not then if fans can give abuse out but can’t take a bit back then they should shut the **** up and not give abuse to the players.

If they do a player is allowed to give some back if he wants IMO especially having scored a decent goal.

MacLean is an honest player - not a shirker. He might not be everyone's cup of tea but he’s hardly Larry Kingston ripping the piss out of the club to line his pockets.

It was a free ****ing world the last time I looked at it.

Spot on ??

Rocky jamboa

He got booed minutes earlier for an horrendous pass so can see why some saw it as a girfuy gesture. 

Vanacek must be dreadful if McLean gets on the bench before him. 

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

He's a footballer. Nobody is accusing him of having a brain.

On 20/04/2019 at 23:32, i8hibsh said:

I am just shocked we had a 'man of the match'. They must accept it with a red face. Awarding a member of our team MotM today is like a man shooting his bolt after 9 seconds then be awarded the title "Top Shagger" after it.

I see my reputation precedes me :smuggy:

:sob:

On 20/04/2019 at 23:13, part_time_jambo said:

To his dad? Holy shit. Mines would have hammered me.

Christ mine too. 

McLean has to be on the release list after the Cup Final.

He was great when things were going well at the start of the season but when the shit hit the fan he crumbled.

OmiyaHearts

He is probably giving it back for the stick he's received. No issue with either.

If you dish it out, you have to take it, so it'll be interesting how he reacts in his next match when he will undoubtedly gets abuse for playing pish.

been here before
41 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He is probably giving it back for the stick he's received. No issue with either.

If you dish it out, you have to take it, so it'll be interesting how he reacts in his next match when he will undoubtedly gets abuse for playing pish.

I honestly couldnt give a xxxx how a player celebrates or how offensive it might be for some of the more bedwetting element of our support as long as they score.

maroonnicky63
On 21/04/2019 at 00:07, Paulp74 said:

He got booed minutes earlier for an horrendous pass so can see why some saw it as a girfuy gesture. 

Vanacek must be dreadful if McLean gets on the bench before him. 

Hearts fans booed ? Never ???

On 20/04/2019 at 14:04, RedStarRiot said:

Apparently it's to his Dad and was a thing at St Johnstone as well

Was his dad in the Gorgie Stand and the Wheatfield at the the same time ?

Why ? Because he did it to both stands.