• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff Turn

• Seymour M Hersh

• BOBTHEBRUCE

Just now, Harry Potter said:

But can they play footie.

Not even a requirement for Hearts nowadays HP.

I though Burns was left in no mans land today, they had a clear run on him with 2 players at times. Wighton looks lost and has done since he joined us. Lee offers almost nothing on days like today. Up until today I thought Bozanic was ok but he was badly shown up as being very ordinary indeed. All round shocker of a day, not sure what the answer is but I’m very concerned about where we’re heading at the moment.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Lee I would keep. The rest? Well I am sure Budge can re-deploy them to our second team, the Hearts girlies who seemingly have a purpose.

Wighton wouldn't get a game for the Hearts Ladies team.

Just now, Yoda said:

Wighton wouldn't get a game for the Hearts Ladies team.

Would look the part though:ermm:

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's 19 in a new country and has only just got into the team. He deserves some slack. 

Nobody gets any slack at Hearts from the fans and it’s pissing the younger players off as far as I have heard.

Edited by Jammy T

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Nobody gets any slack at Hearts from the fans and it’s pissing the younger players off as far as I have heard.

what younger players................so few have had a chance this season

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

People often ask in here if we should protest or something and I’m against all that usually. 

But I wonder if we should all make a point of supporting the ladies team instead as I bet they are better value for money ?

I thought I was watching the Ladies team today!!! ?

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Young players get plenty of slack from the fans in the stadium. That’s why Morrison, for example, hasn’t had much stick this season and has had plenty of slack from the fans.

On an internet discussion board people tend to be more honest, more reactionary, more dramatic, and let emotion get the better of them. That’s pretty normal these days, so not sure what this social media generation could be pissed off at. They of all people must understand how social media works.

3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Burns was laughing away with Defoe at the end like getting beat was nothing 

Totally unacceptable 

You’ve got a manager that doesn’t show any anger at some of the pish served up at times. But then, it’s his team 

I don’t expect a manager to slate players in public but every interview is calm with no sense or vibe of anger or angst at performances. 

Hes another one like many hoping and thinking the same players will turn it around and lead us for the months ahead into consistency. 

Hoping. 

Lee was asleep too often and didn't look up for the fight.

Burns is very slow, genuinely seems to give it all he's got and was still in school this time last year though. Gave the ball away a lot too. Would prefer we weren't relying on him right now, but that's not his fault.

39 minutes ago, Barack said:

Maybe his heart attack has something to do with not going radge all the time. ?‍♂️ Certainly he's not as animated all of the time, from what I can see.

What we see in the interviews we can't really take anything from, imo. The persona infront of the camera may be different to the dressing room. Hopefully.

I don't need to see our manager, whoever it is, frothing at the mouth & booting water bottles everywhere. 

Could speculate until the cows come home. But it's too nice a day!

Largely agree with what you’re saying and but I don’t sense any discontent coming from Levein. 

Maybe his personal well being is something to do with it and that would be understandable, but I think he needs to take himself away from the firing line.

However, his passion for Hearts will get in the road. 

For me though, he’s not the leader we had 17, 18 years ago.  

4 hours ago, Finlay James said:

They're all decent players, it's the system they are being asked to play that is the problem

Which lies solely at Levein's door.

Jean Louis Valois
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Many Rangers fans in N.Ire go to St Malachy’s? :rofl:Maybe he’s a trend setter ?‍♂️

Sorry I’m not aware of what school our players go to

A little off track but we seem to have a lot of players with long term injuries and the rest of the squad looked absolutely knackered after 15 minutes today. All Rankers had to do today was kick the ball out wide and let their forwards run onto it. Same thing happened against Hibs. Apart from Smith everybody seemed a yard short of pace.

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Maybe he's made a conscious effort to be more restrained.

Enough people that know him at the club, or personally, know he takes the shite results like we all do. Too many corroborating stories to think otherwise, imo.

He's not the same since his heart attack. Think that's obvious. I'd have expected Daly, or Austin to be the one's showing the urgency on the touchline. If they have/had any designs on the job. Daly in particular, seems resigned as he sits there.

Folk wanting him gone & wanting Naismith to sign, better have a think what they really want, imo. The two are inexorably linked.

??

2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

That really ****ed me off when I seen that.....Burns was shyte today but actually think he may come into a game in time, but literally laughing and joking seconds after that spineless showing doesnt sit well with me.....

Total and utter lack of respect from Burns but the entire squad looks gutless and uninterested whether we win or lose they were already beat before we even kicked a ball. Never seen a player get angry or pissed off in that team its full of gutless wonders. Who would you keep? Naismith, Uche and Souttar would be about it for me 

The rest are dross 

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Which lies solely at Levein's door.

It does indeed.  Pains me to say it but he's lost it and he needs to go.

This squad is capable of so much more but he's just not the man to lead us anymore.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Total and utter lack of respect from Burns but the entire squad looks gutless and uninterested whether we win or lose they were already beat before we even kicked a ball. Never seen a player get angry or pissed off in that team its full of gutless wonders. Who would you keep? Naismith, Uche and Souttar would be about it for me 

The rest are dross 

Nonsense regarding Burns. He's a young lad who'll make mistakes at his age. 

He gave what he had today and wasn't responsible for giving away possession that led to the first two goals. 

Whatever his chat with Defoe was about, it had no effect on anything or anyone except the perpetually offended. 

Borders Jambo
29 minutes ago, stan said:

Nonsense regarding Burns. He's a young lad who'll make mistakes at his age. 

He gave what he had today and wasn't responsible for giving away possession that led to the first two goals. 

Whatever his chat with Defoe was about, it had no effect on anything or anyone except the perpetually offended. 

This.  I thought Burns was one of the few players who was okay today.

Wighton and particularly Lee where excess baggage in my opinion.

Edited by Borders Jambo
spelling

The rat catcher

Not sure why Burns is being criticised. Bozanic had a mare true. The other 2 did what they always do -Very little.....

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, gedster said:

what younger players................so few have had a chance this season

I can assure you young players over the last four or five years have been pissed of at some of the shite on here. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

I can assure you young players over the last four or five years have been pissed of at some of the shite on here. 

But that's fans forums through and through. Change the team name, the country, the league.......blah blah blah blah blah....sounds like they're all a bit too precious. Achieving potential or attempting to achieve generally = less negative comment doesn't matter if you kick a football or lay bricks for a living or anything else

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, gedster said:

But that's fans forums through and through. Change the team name, the country, the league.......blah blah blah blah blah....sounds like they're all a bit too precious. Achieving potential or attempting to achieve generally = less negative comment doesn't matter if you kick a football or lay bricks for a living or anything else

Every chance but I wonder how we'd all react to having folk who don't do our job to the same level (i.e. for a living) telling us how ****ing shite we are at it?

8 hours ago, kimosavi said:

I've no enjoyed a game since we beat Celtic 4-0 

No heart, desire or passion anymore 

I'm dreading the final 

The Motherwell 4-2 win was a good game and a good performance.

As pish as these players undoubtedly are as is the standard of football we’ve been watching - most fans still enjoy singing that absolutely gash Olly Olly Lee song....

?‍♂️ ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Every chance but I wonder how we'd all react to having folk who don't do our job to the same level (i.e. for a living) telling us how ****ing shite we are at it?

Show me a man (or woman) who hasn't suffered criticism and I'll show you a liar. Justified?? sometimes/most of time/all the time............maybe.....................in the public eye expect it x 1000 compared to Joe Public........ If you're good enough you'll silence the critics and ram their negativity up their proverbials..........if not then prepare to be the subject of negative comment.....we are no different to any other support.....no different

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I've had sub-standard treatment from doctors. I'm not a doctor, but I do know when a doctor is being conscientious and when they're keen to get rid of me.

Likewise, I'm not a footballer, but I know the difference between a good player and a mediocre player and I can tell if a player is trying his heart out (Uche at home to Celtic both times) or just hoping for a break (many of the players much of the time).

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, gedster said:

Show me a man (or woman) who hasn't suffered criticism and I'll show you a liar. Justified?? sometimes/most of time/all the time............maybe.....................in the public eye expect it x 1000 compared to Joe Public........ If you're good enough you'll silence the critics and ram their negativity up their proverbials..........if not then prepare to be the subject of negative comment.....we are no different to any other support.....no different

Do you have a forum full of people abusing your ability in whatever work you do? I doubt it. I never said we are different to other supports but we are on a Hearts forum and it was an ex player who told me what i posted. 

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

I've had sub-standard treatment from doctors. I'm not a doctor, but I do know when a doctor is being conscientious and when they're keen to get rid of me.

Likewise, I'm not a footballer, but I know the difference between a good player and a mediocre player and I can tell if a player is trying his heart out (Uche at home to Celtic both times) or just hoping for a break (many of the players much of the time).

None of us are footballers it was a hypothetical. You knowe the difference between a good and mediocre player. I'm sorry but that will just be your opinion on the player.

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Do you have a forum full of people abusing your ability in whatever work you do? I doubt it. I never said we are different to other supports but we are on a Hearts forum and it was an ex player who told me what i posted. 

Exactly the reason Clubs advise their players to be wary of social media. This is a FANS FORUM. You might generally be offended, upset, ridiculed, belittled etc etc etc etc etc coming on here..................however, as a player............come on here and you know you will see the measured, the biased and the unbalanced opinions of the people who generally support the team that employ you. If you are a sensitive soul  or have a life................simple.........stay well away. Not rocket science???

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, gedster said:

Exactly the reason Clubs advise their players to be wary of social media. This is a FANS FORUM. You might generally be offended, upset, ridiculed, belittled etc etc etc etc etc coming on here..................however, as a player............come on here and you know you will see the measured, the biased and the unbalanced opinions of the people who generally support the team that employ you. If you are a sensitive soul  or have a life................simple.........stay well away. Not rocket science???

Aye whatever. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Miles out of your depth.

Not top 6 standard players unfortunately. They might have the odd decent game v bottom 6 and Championship sides but they are miles of the pace in a game of this standard.

Harsh but true. 

Add Mulraney and quite a few others like Vanacek,Edwards,Maclean,Garrucio,Doyle etc etc 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Miles out of your depth.

Not top 6 standard players unfortunately. They might have the odd decent game v bottom 6 and Championship sides but they are miles of the pace in a game of this standard.

Harsh but true. 

Kind of agree. 

Lee is OK, but the other guys are not good enough atm. 

Burns is a project and wouldn't play normally. He'll be third choice next season. 

Lee I think is quite a clever player, would be part of the squad.

Bozanic and Wighton are not the required standard. 

Also think Haring has struggled badly and is now being shown up as a centre half in midfield. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Gorgiewave said:

The Motherwell 4-2 win was a good game and a good performance.

Aberdeen 2-1 was good as well. 

Borders Jambo
32 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Kind of agree. 

Burns is a project and wouldn't play normally. He'll be third choice next season. 

Also think Haring has struggled badly and is now being shown up as a centre half in midfield. 

No disrespect intended but I don't see i with Lee.  He went missing today as he seems to have done a lot since he joined us.

Rocky jamboa
4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

The rest are dross 

Spot on. We're a team of losers. Even at 1, 2 and 3 nil down, there is no urgency or getting stuck in. It looks like they started the game hoping to come away with no more than a 3 goal loss. 

If you buy players from the English 2nd division and Irish league though, what do you expect?! The players are not good enough ability or attitude wise. 

10 hours ago, Finlay James said:

They're all decent players, it's the system they are being asked to play that is the problem

The  system  is wrong but that doesn't  excuse  the players for the performances  they've  been serving  up lately. 

I'd go easy on burns as hes young and playing  in a team completely  struggling through lack of leadership more than anything  .

We got do many players willing to talk the talk after a win ( few and far between)

But as soon as the chips are down they all hide. Haring and Naismith apart

It comes no shock though as the owner thinks everything  is going well and our manager sees  no reason  he'll not be here next season. 

On the park we're pathetic  right now and it doesn't  look like changing anytime soon  unfortunately 

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Add Mulraney and quite a few others like Vanacek,Edwards,Maclean,Garrucio,Doyle etc etc 

Mulraney is our only creative threat at the moment. Not the best, does good and bad. Very much a confidence player but i’d keep him for next season. He’s done ok but we definitely need better in the starting XI.

Garrucio is decent backup. Not spectacular but hasn’t been bad either.

Zlamal, Smith, Souttar, Berra, Haring, Djoum, Naismith are good players for us. They are good enough to be starters in a top 3/4 side. 

Clare, potentially, I like him but he’s either hot or cold. Has bags of ability though. 

Uche, big lump, a nuisance but he’s got a touch like a baby elephant, and can’t pass. Gets by on workrate strength and athleticism. 

Garrucio, Mulraney. Done ok, squad players. Can do a job.

Jury is out on Burns, Cochrane, Brandon, Godinho. Still young enough to improve, I’d give them that.

The rest, seen enough or ( in some cases haven’t seen anything) , Doyle, Lee, Bozanic, Wighton, Edwards, Vanecek. Not doing the business. Punt.

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Kind of agree. 

Lee has some good ability on the ball, set pieces (sometimes), shooting, passing but he cannot keep up with the pace here, the games too quick for him and he’s too slow. He couldn’t tackle a fish supper either, We need better midfielders than that. We should be a top 3/4 team, he’s not a top 3/4 player. He’s a decent footballer but most definitely an English Division 3/4 player. 

Burns does the right things under pressure, 1v1,  he’s no nonsense, sticks the ball down the line and my god he tries. I cannot fault his effort, he works his arse off but again, too slow and struggling at this level. He looks like. Left sided Steven Boyack. I know he’s young and yes he may improve but honestly he must have had about a 3% pass rate today. He was useless on the ball. He gave it away time after time and they were run of the mill passes. He had one opportunity to put in a cross all game and it was feeble stuff. 

Uche is close to the ‘not good enough’ list as well tbh. Aye, big, strong, quite quick, competes,  works hard, a big nuisance but he can’t play football. He can’t. Couldn’t trap a bag of cement, can’t pass, his finishing is pish, no composure and gives away too many fouls.

I like big Pete tbh but I think his hernia has been problematic for a while and he hasn’t been the same player he was v Celtic early doors or v Hibs before winter break. He’s proven to be consistent and played well in the big games though. I don’t have any qualms about saying he’s good enough to play for Hearts as a top 3/4 player.

I agree though, he’s a centerhalf in midfield, he’s not very quick but reads the game very well. It’s difficult to fit him into the team but also difficult to leave him out. Ideally we’d want someone who does the same thing but a bit more mobile like Brellier.

It might seem harsh but standards have slipped enormously at Hearts. The majority of the squad are simply not of the required level where Hearts need to be competing at. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Finlay James
6 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Mulraney is our only creative threat at the moment. Not the best, does good and bad. Very much a confidence player but i’d keep him for next season. He’s done ok but we definitely need better in the starting XI.

Garrucio is decent backup. Not spectacular but hasn’t been bad either.

Zlamal, Smith, Souttar, Berra, Haring, Djoum, Naismith are good players for us. They are good enough to be starters in a top 3/4 side. 

Clare, potentially, I like him but he’s either hot or cold. Has bags of ability though. 

Uche, big lump, a nuisance but he’s got a touch like a baby elephant, and can’t pass. Gets by on workrate strength and athleticism. 

Garrucio, Mulraney. Done ok, squad players. Can do a job.

Jury is out on Burns, Cochrane, Brandon, Godinho. Still young enough to improve, I’d give them that.

The rest, seen enough or ( in some cases haven’t seen anything) , Doyle, Lee, Bozanic, Wighton, Edwards, Vanecek. Not doing the business. Punt.

Lee has some good ability on the ball, set pieces (sometimes), shooting, passing but he cannot keep up with the pace here, the games too quick for him and he’s too slow. He couldn’t tackle a fish supper either, We need better midfielders than that. We should be a top 3/4 team, he’s not a top 3/4 player. He’s a decent footballer but most definitely an English Division 3/4 player. 

Burns does the right things under pressure, 1v1,  he’s no nonsense, sticks the ball down the line and my god he tries. I cannot fault his effort, he works his arse off but again, too slow and struggling at this level. He looks like. Left sided Steven Boyack. I know he’s young and yes he may improve but honestly he must have had about a 3% pass rate today. He was useless on the ball. He gave it away time after time and they were run of the mill passes. He had one opportunity to put in a cross all game and it was feeble stuff. 

Uche is close to the ‘not good enough’ list as well tbh. Aye, big, strong, quite quick, competes,  works hard, a big nuisance but he can’t play football. He can’t. Couldn’t trap a bag of cement, can’t pass, his finishing is pish, no composure and gives away too many fouls.

I like big Pete tbh but I think his hernia has been problematic for a while and he hasn’t been the same player he was v Celtic early doors or v Hibs before winter break. He’s proven to be consistent and played well in the big games though. I don’t have any qualms about saying he’s good enough to play for Hearts as a top 3/4 player.

I agree though, he’s a centerhalf in midfield, he’s not very quick but reads the game very well. It’s difficult to fit him into the team but also difficult to leave him out. Ideally we’d want someone who does the same thing but a bit more mobile like Brellier.

It might seem harsh but standards have slipped enormously at Hearts. The majority of the squad are simply not of the required level where Hearts need to be competing at. 

Really difficult to disagree with any of this.

However, I would add that I think there is something going on behind the scenes.  There seems to be a real lack of communication as time after time, the players just look like they don't know their roles.  In reality, only 3-4 times has the team really clicked since Levein became 1st team coach and blew a team away so whether it is his way of getting the message across or the players are not hearing, I'm unsure.  I just don't get how we go from the start we had where the squad looked very strong to now we are saying that the majority are just not good enough?

FWIW, I think there is a lot of talent in the squad, I just think they're not being used correctly and that another manager would hit reset, get the players doing the basics right and build their confidence.  I applaud any owner who gives a manager time but this is now painful to watch and she needs to act now.

9 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I don’t get it when people ask this.

People don’t clap, cheer, or sing my name, when I do a good job.  

maroonlegions

Playing players out of position , constant  tinkering with the team. No plan b. Team set up and style of play and the constant hoof ball up to Uche.  And also the shite we have signed over the last three years or so. Who is responsible for this. 

This is why we are fecking terrible  just now. Need a change. Play like that yesterday in the final and Celtic will destroy us. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Borders Jambo said:

No disrespect intended but I don't see i with Lee.  He went missing today as he seems to have done a lot since he joined us.

Realistically he'd be a  squad player. 

He went missing today but directly set up the three goals last week. 

We can't cafford say 4/5 really good midfielders. 

I'd like us to have 2 good quality ones with say Lee, Cochrane and 1 other giving us cover options. 

Haring, Bozanic are not good enough at all imo. 

Djoum probably is, but his time seems to be up. 

I'd like Djoum as the holding player with two in front of him, none of which are Bozanic or Haring. 

Lee would have his use in part of a squad. 

Might be time to try Haring at CH tbh.