Paulo Serio

kingantti1874

I have no energy in the tank for this anymore. Levein will probably be here next season and I pray to the ****ing gods that this season has been a means to an end to allow us the finances to invest in creative and frankly, better players than what we have already. 

Someone made the point in another thread that despite costing us a goal Bozanic at least showed for the ball whilst Djoum, Lee and the rest of the midfield were hiding. 

We need more players in that have that sort of mentality (will show for the ball and provide options when playing it out, rather than cowards that will hide and try and skate by). 

This season, in midfield, only Haring gets pass marks. Bozanic despite having the heart doesn't have the ability whilst neither Djoum or Lee have the heart (but do have the ability). Big summer needed to get bodies in that will do the job we need. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Why the obsession? His style was booed vigorously when he introduced a possession game. It would be the reverse situation with fans screaming for the ball to be booted long as it often was from the wheatfield stand.

It should have been ten
9 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Why the obsession? His style was booed vigorously when he introduced a possession game. It would be the reverse situation with fans screaming for the ball to be booted long as it often was from the wheatfield stand.

Pep Guardiola could be our manager and there would still be tears and snotters on here from some

Edited by It should have been ten

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d rather scrub my bellend with a bit of 80 grit sandpaper than have Paulo Sergio as manager.

I hated the 5-1 and the other Derby wins and the two wins v Celtic and the win at Ibrox!!!

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Make it so

So you want the same kind of season as this? Just inside top six and a cup final. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

I hated the 5-1 and the other Derby wins and the two wins v Celtic and the win at Ibrox!!!

Wowzers.

He’s won 6 of his last 90 games as a manager ffs. :rofl:

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

if you rewind 7 years we had a pretty woeful and uninspiring end to our league campaign. In fact almost 7 years to the day the original incarnation of the team that beat us today beat us 3-0 at home (Beattie missed a pen). Sergio is a legend for 5-1 but over the league campaign we were pretty insipid and over reliant on the quality of Rudi (notwithstanding there were off field issues which didn’t help) 

Class of 75
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Levein didn't even consider Sergio worthy of an interview!!

Levein only wanted Levein 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
7 minutes ago, Homme said:

So you want the same kind of season as this? Just inside top six and a cup final. 

Think about it. Levein could only dream of beating Celtic.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Think about it. Levein could only dream of beating Celtic.

He literally did so 8 months ago

David McCaig
13 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Wowzers.

He’s won 6 of his last 90 games as a manager ffs. :rofl:

And Skacel barely kicked a ball when he wasn't in maroon!!

18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d rather scrub my bellend with a bit of 80 grit sandpaper than have Paulo Sergio as manager.

Lies

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

He literally did so 8 months ago

Whose stadium and whose tactics? Levein literally credited it to MacPhee...

20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That does not make pleasant reading. 

16 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Sergio is a legend for 5-1 but over the league campaign we were pretty insipid and over reliant on the quality of Rudi (notwithstanding there were off field issues which didn’t help) 

Whilst Levein with several transfer windows and more money at his disposal is over reliant on Naismith. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
Just now, neilnunb said:

Whilst Levein with several transfer windows and more money at his disposal is over reliant on Naismith. 

I don’t disagree that we struggle without a player of Naismith’s quality and experience . Any team would miss their star player. The point was that people look back on Sergio with maroon tinted specs 

I’m not defending Levein, but don’t think Sergio is a sensible suggestion for a replacement. Shall we start a Valdas thread as well? 

CloustonHMFC

Forever a legend for being at the helm for that wonderful cup win but I’ll pass on having him as manager again. His style of play and league record is just as bad. Need to look forward and not back. 

Thought Police
14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I'd rather Locke was in the dugout for the final than that absolute loser currently there.

The same Locke that lost the cup final to St Mirren?

2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

The same Locke that lost the cup final to St Mirren?

Yes, that's how bad it is. Though suspect he'd at least get a bit more passion out the side than was on show today.

TyphoonJambo
46 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Dont knock it, ive had worse 90 minutes entertainment recently, in fact a few minutes ago i would happily have reached for some wet and dry to pass away the time