Wighton

communist

28 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wighton is yrs off lacing Wyness's boots.

Think about the level thats is ?

WOW!!! ?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• Inch Hearts

• Thomaso

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Exactly. The boy was a named substitute. He should have been ready to go on at any point, especially with our injury record.

If it had been Vanecek, brought in from the cold, then maybe that argument would hold up.

Wighton is simply pish.

The Vanecek situation is a complete joke!

To be left in a situation that Wighton is the only option is tragic!!!

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The Vanecek situation is a complete joke!

To be left in a situation that Wighton is the only option is tragic!!!

Just another dud in the expensive list of recruitment failures from the Budge era.

19 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

He was pish at Dundee. They couldn't wait to get rid of him. As for youth level. I wasnt bad at 11.

You sure? ? 

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just another dud in the expensive list of recruitment failures from the Budge era.

Your vendetta against Budge is embarrassing pal. Give it a rest. She’s not recruiting the players, but you knew that already. 

Edited by ecjambo

14 hours ago, NB GIN said:

240,000 we spent on him 

Another classic levein signing this guy is simply a first division player no doubt about it 

Probably no surprise that his best showing was the cup replay against Patrick. I've come to believe that is his level - a decent Championship player.

upgotheheads
22 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

I think he could do alright playing on the wing, but he defo isn’t a striker. 

22 hours ago, OTT said:

Get him loaned out and away from the club. His lack of confidence must be contagious.

21 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I cannot believe we paid money for this guy. He just looks lost out there.

It's difficult to tell what position he was supposed to be playing, he was certainly a midfielder when he got caught in position, which, for a professional footballer is a cardinal sin imo.

He's' also lazy and doesn't  work hard enough to close down players,  Cochrane  came on,  chased everything and looked twice the player that Wighton is. The question is why Cochrane wasn't on from the start.

1 hour ago, husref musemic said:

That is the poorest of defences for this guy. 

It wasn't meant to be a defence but more of a fact.

Clare was selected and, like it or not, he is not the same type of player as Clare.  That does not exonerate him for being caught in possession but a little understanding would not go amiss.  Bozanic did the exact same thing and he doesn't seem to have received the same amount of pelters.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, ecjambo said:

Your vendetta against Budge is embarrassing pal. Give it a rest. She’s not recruiting the players, but you knew that already. 

TBF the boy probably doesn't know that.

Nothing against the lad, he is what he is.  The question for me is is Levein selecting the team on his own judgment or is he listening to his wormtongues.  Signings work or they don't, Levein's scouting team are poor.  There are good players out there but Hearts cannot find them.  

Wighton should have been nowhere near the first team, Vanecek on the other hand...

Wighton had a good header that I thought was in but the keeper saved it. That is the only positive thing I can think of to say about the guy.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

That pesky Budge era stupid women saving the club etc. 

husref musemic
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

It wasn't meant to be a defence but more of a fact.

Clare was selected and, like it or not, he is not the same type of player as Clare.  That does not exonerate him for being caught in possession but a little understanding would not go amiss.  Bozanic did the exact same thing and he doesn't seem to have received the same amount of pelters.

Bozanic has looked ok, a squad player maybe more but he too had a shocker yesterday & cost us an identical goal. he deserves pelters. 

I think the difference is that for Wighton this has been building, not just a one off and yesterday was a tipping point.

12 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

Bozanic has looked ok, a squad player maybe more but he too had a shocker yesterday & cost us an identical goal. he deserves pelters. 

I think the difference is that for Wighton this has been building, not just a one off and yesterday was a tipping point.

Must have been building with you maybe.

Both mistakes cost a goal and while Bozanic has had a fair amount of game time, Wighton has not.  Bozanic was selected originally and presumably knew what his role and responsibilities were.

I don't know what pleasure you get out of panning young players.

Edited by JamboAl

BOBTHEBRUCE

To think that we were in negotiations for days for this guy and paid anywhere between £100k and £250k.

Thank feck we didn't pay a fee to get Vanecek early. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

OmiyaHearts

He's extremely poor and lacks any battling quality. Shouldn't be anywhere near a starting line up in any premiership side.

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He's extremely poor and lacks any battling quality. Shouldn't be anywhere near a starting line up in any premiership side.

yep, also his body language is very poor as well and does not inspire any confidence in him

On 20/04/2019 at 12:54, communist said:

Heart of a mouse. Chicken hearted. Adds nothing to the team. What does levein see in him? Utterly woeful. 

heart of a midgies tit mare like. absolutely hopelesss

I agree wighton has been poor, but to be fair to him, the way we are playing doesn’t really suit or help him. And you could apply that to a few players. The current style doesn’t really suit many.

I felt sorry for him yesterday, didn’t look like he knew where he was meant to be. Frequently glancing toward the bench and a good few times in conversation during breaks in play. I know boys will say a professional shouldn’t need any of that, nor be deserving of sympathy but as I say I felt for the lad. Clearly nervous, probably playing beyond his level and didn’t seem to have been well prepared or coached prior to the game.

On 20/04/2019 at 12:56, Homme said:

Whilst I agree, he wasn't meant to be starting. 

So why is he a Hearts player.

On 20/04/2019 at 13:20, hearts00 said:

Pick any of them. One of the poorest Hearts teams in 25 years. 

Certainly the worst bench I can ever remember. 

But Levein tells us the footballing department is working fantastically!!!

Levein is out of his depth.

upgotheheads
6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

It's difficult to tell what position he was supposed to be playing, he was certainly a midfielder when he got caught in position, which, for a professional footballer is a cardinal sin imo.

He's' also lazy and doesn't  work hard enough to close down players,  Cochrane  came on,  chased everything and looked twice the player that Wighton is. The question is why Cochrane wasn't on from the start.

Quoting my own post so I apologise. I feel for the guy, It's difficult to know what his brief was, midfield or striker? I've actually been encouraged by one or two of his recent performances and I think there's a player in there, but he needs to realise that the game won't come to him and standing off players won't cut it at this level. Harry Cochrane put more effort into the short time he was on the field than Wighton did for all the time he was on.

It's amazing what a couple of pints will do for your conscience. ?

9 hours ago, Dayman said:

Shock that this threads up. Done no worse than any other player in maroon but the kickback geniuses who’ve never kicked a ball before will say he’s horrific ?

This

Guy at the game on Sat was telling me we paid circa 200k to sign him , any truth in that ? 

Sure ive heard that before somewhere . 

Find it a bit unpleasant some of the abuse being heaped on this lad. No doubt about it he’s having a shocker (as are a few) just now and maybe he won’t make it at Hearts but some of the stuff imho goes beyond criticism. 

way out west jambo

Craig Wighton doesn’t look like he’s played football before. He’s complete mince. He can’t run, pass, tackle or shoot. He needs to be emptied at the earliest opportunity, this should be a priority in the summer transfer window, he can’t stay here for another season he’s nowhere near good enough to play professional football. ?

2 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Find it a bit unpleasant some of the abuse being heaped on this lad. No doubt about it he’s having a shocker (as are a few) just now and maybe he won’t make it at Hearts but some of the stuff imho goes beyond criticism. 

I don’t blame the lad - I blame the numpty who splashed out money to sign him!!

He looks so weak on the pitch, actually thought he was decent in the second half against Partick thistle, maybe that's his level.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I don’t blame the lad - I blame the numpty who splashed out money to sign him!!

Indeed, and the coaches who are supposed to improve him. He was spoken to twice by AM&CL in the first ten minutes, then moved up front out the way. It was said he was physically strong but he lets CHs dominate him. We spent money on this guy instead of recruiting a forward who could’ve contributed when injuries kicked in. There wasn’t a queue trying to sign him.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

He looks so weak on the pitch, actually thought he was decent in the second half against Partick thistle, maybe that's his level.

He did but he played on loan down there and scored 3 goals in 20 games, 7 in 82 for Dundee. Can anyone explain what Levein, who only plays one striker most of the time, saw in this guy? Another slow injury prone dud.

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Quarter of a million for this guy ? thought Ann was good with money ?

She is good with hers, just not ours.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Quarter of a million for this guy ? thought Ann was good with money ?

Where has this figure been quoted? Other by barking at the moon types on here? 

Finlay James
41 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

She is good with hers, just not ours.

Ours?  You're on the wrong forum pal

BOBTHEBRUCE

Could we not of looked at Glen Kamara instead? 

Not sure if Rangers were sniffing around him at that point. 

Either way, we are honking when it comes to having an eye for a player. 

Finlay James
9 hours ago, graygo said:

I can't work out if you're fishing or if you really are stupid.

The whole forum is reeking with vermin just now mate, put it down to methadone withdrawals

Finlay James
Just now, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Could we not of looked at Glen Kamara instead? 

Not sure if Rangers were sniffing around him at that point. 

Either way, we are honking when it comes to having an eye for a player. 

Whete to even start with this ?‍♂️

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Whete to even start with this ?‍♂️

What? 

We paid more for Wighton than Rangers did for Kamara lol

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, feedthefox said:

Hope hes not on kickback, his form will get worse.:sad:

Finlay James
Just now, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

What? 

We paid more for Wighton than Rangers did for Kamara lol

How do you know that?  My point, is that you say we make no good signings and that's just not true now is it.

Personally, I want Wighton and anyone else who pulls on a Hearts jersey to come good so I support them.  I find it really odd when any Jambo doesn't support a Hearts player.

BOBTHEBRUCE
5 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

How do you know that?  My point, is that you say we make no good signings and that's just not true now is it.

Personally, I want Wighton and anyone else who pulls on a Hearts jersey to come good so I support them.  I find it really odd when any Jambo doesn't support a Hearts player.

We paid somewhere between 100k and 250k for Wighton. 

Rangers signed Kamara on a pre Contract then paid Dundee 50k to get him early. 

I'd argue that from all of Levein's recent unknown signings, only Uche and Haring have been a success. 

3 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

We paid somewhere between 100k and 250k for Wighton. 

Rangers signed Kamara on a pre Contract then paid Dundee 50k to get him early. 

I'd argue that from all of Levein's recent unknown signings, only Uche and Haring have been a success. 

Kamara is probably on £7k or 8k a week  we can't afford those wages. 

BOBTHEBRUCE
2 minutes ago, andrew said:

Kamara is probably on £7k or 8k a week  we can't afford those wages. 

I know,

He wasn't when he was at Dundee though! 

We need to be spotting these players first, instead of looking at dross like Wighton and Edwards.