Wighton

communist

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

When he first came into the Dundee side...about 4 years ago. He has done little to justify that early hype though.

10 goals in over 110 senior appearances. ?

We'd have been better giving Zanatta, Moore, Henderson etc a run than wasting money on this donkey.

I’m no arguing the fact that he has been really poor for us - not at all. Just the reasons why -

right now, I wouldn’t be half surprised if we punted him out to some other team he would start scoring goals or playing better - says it all really

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• JamboAl

• Inch Hearts

• Thomaso

husref musemic
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Thrown in last minute he struggled. Unfair to judge him on today but it's not looking great for the future all the same 

unfair to judge him on today. really ? He cost us a goal and actually brought the team down. heartless, clueless and hid for most of the time.  like minus 1.5 players if that's possible.

£200,000 ffs ! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, husref musemic said:

unfair to judge him on today. really ? He cost us a goal and actually brought the team down. heartless, clueless and hid for most of the time.  like minus 1.5 players if that's possible.

£200,000 ffs ! 

Found out he was playing 10 minutes before kick-off. 

To be fair  - Not ideal but I agree with you over other matches. 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

No excuse there. Most players would be up for it.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Big deal.

Hes a professional football player isn’t he.....z

Rocky jamboa

What did levein see in him? Him, Lee and McLean are like playing with 3 men down. They are all completely anonymous. 

Thunderstruck

It was a costly mistake but he was far from the only player making errors today. The whole team look like it was in “Friendly” mode and we were 2-0 before they woke up. 

On the plus side, he did carve out a couple of good chances and was denied a goal by a fine save. 

2 hours ago, kila said:

Yeah, really not impressed at all today

Didn't get stuck in, just jogged around...

Well done on actually spotting him:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, communist said:

Heart of a mouse. Chicken hearted. Adds nothing to the team. What does levein see in him? Utterly woeful. 

I can imagine that Wighton was a superstar in Dundee at all age groups growing up. But for whatever reason his talent has not materialised into his professional career. The Dundee version of Tommy Harrison.

Fort Vallance
12 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I can imagine that Wighton was a superstar in Dundee at all age groups growing up. But for whatever reason his talent has not materialised into his professional career. The Dundee version of Tommy Harrison.

He was pish at Dundee. They couldn't wait to get rid of him. As for youth level. I wasnt bad at 11.

Wighton doesn’t score goals or set them up. In other words he makes no positive contribution to the team. **** knows how he gets a game.

3 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

He was pish at Dundee. They couldn't wait to get rid of him. As for youth level. I wasnt bad at 11.

We have been linked with signing Wighton ever since Levein came back to the club. I suspect he had a reputation in Dundee as being a wonder kid, and Levein would have known of him from his time at Utd. Pity Levein didn’t check if he could play mens football.

Edited by amadjambo

14 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

We have been linked with signing Wighton ever since Levein came back to the club. I suspect he had a reputation in Dundee as being a wonder kid, and Levein would have known of him from his time at Utd. Pity Levein didn’t check if he could play mens football.

Herein lies the problem.  Time and time again CL signs players based on Christ knows what.  You can image some silver tonged agent telling him what a great player he has on his books and CL sitting there with him mouth wide open and swallowing all the sales crap.

Wighton is just another in a long line really poor signing.  We have spunked some amount of cash of utter tripe.

lost in space

Good save from his header + should have done better with shot in first half.

Should NEVER have started on right and was better in middle.

However, he has the heart of a chicken.

GET RID.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I don't like criticising players unduly but Wighton is not Hearts standard. Reminds me of players in the late 70s who should never have been near a Maroon Jersey. 

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Thrown in last minute he struggled. Unfair to judge him on today but it's not looking great for the future all the same 

And hasn’t look any better in games where he was picked to start before the warm up.

38 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

And hasn’t look any better in games where he was picked to start before the warm up.

Correct - some on here just look for any excuse!!

Allegedly Levein paid £200k for that complete dud - what was he thinking of FFS!! 

maroonsgotop
7 hours ago, communist said:

Heart of a mouse. Chicken hearted. Adds nothing to the team. What does levein see in him? Utterly woeful. 

heart of a midgies tit mare like. absolutely hopelesss

An imposter, a guiser. He must heartily laugh his cock off every time he looks at his wage slip. Absolutely stealing a wage and no doubt a fat signing on fee.  Horrible player ,and no he'll not come good..............ever. Be as well playing Colin Doyle in his position

Maybe worth loaning him out to a decent Championship side next season. Might help build his confidence up a bit if he does well.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Correct - some on here just look for any excuse!!

Allegedly Levein paid £200k for that complete dud - what was he thinking of FFS!! 

You clearly only pick and choose which bits to read. 

He is shite but today the boy had a very difficult job. It took them 25 minutes to sort him and Lee out.

His confidence is nil

He hasn’t offered anything in the 10+ games he has started... what ever player was there is bust.... total waste of a wage (along with Vanman and Malingery)

Shock that this threads up. Done no worse than any other player in maroon but the kickback geniuses who’ve never kicked a ball before will say he’s horrific ?

gashauskis9
18 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

He was very highly rated by Dundee and is well thought of within the coaching fraternity - don’t think this is all down to him being shite and not having ability 

I would put it more down to a complete and utter lack of confidence and not getting a run of games - best we get him out on loan Asap so he can figure out how to play again and more importantly hit the net -

he has to toughen up mentally if he wants to stay at the club and get stuck in rather than letting the game pass him by - he has a lot to prove considering we spent good money for him

This.  I’m trying to be patient as I’ve seen odd glimpses of good play and skill.  Fact of the matter is he shouldn’t have been Clare’s replacement yesterday.  Levein had to talk him through the entire first half, he looked lost, didn’t know where he was supposed to be playing.  Have we seriously got to a stage where professional footballers need this much coaching during a game?  You’re an attacking player, chase the ball and when you get it take players on, find a pass or shoot.  FFS what else is there to say???

MacLean or Cochrane should have started, based on the options we had.  

Ibrahim Tall

To be honest I still don’t understand how we managed to end up paying a (large)fee for a player that couldn’t get in a shit Dundee team. Spectacularly bad deal.

I don’t even blame Wighton, he should never have been signed in the first place.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Салатные палочки
17 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Big deal.

Hes a professional football player isn’t he.....z

100% this. 

Not going to tear into the lad but it doesn't matter if you're told the day before you're playing or two minutes before the teams go out. You get yourself up for it and go out and earn your wages. 

25 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

100% this. 

Not going to tear into the lad but it doesn't matter if you're told the day before you're playing or two minutes before the teams go out. You get yourself up for it and go out and earn your wages. 

Simply a poor player. 

husref musemic
27 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Shock that this threads up. Done no worse than any other player in maroon but the kickback geniuses who’ve never kicked a ball before will say he’s horrific ?

In a terrible team performance he was a stand out & we improved when he went off. 

When I saw he was in the team, my heart sank. I’ve not seen anything from him to suggest he’s good enough for hearts.

Plus, he doesn’t put a shift in and pulls out of tackles which leaves us effectively a man down.

Gavin Reilly was a player who I didn’t think was good enough for Hearts but I always felt he gave 100% every game and that’s all I can ask for.  I can’t say the same for Wigton.

pettigrewsstylist
21 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

I would say file under Wyness, Keatings and Reilly but at least they scored goals

Wighton is yrs off lacing Wyness's boots.

Think about the level thats is ?

husref musemic
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wighton is yrs off lacing Wyness's boots.

Think about the level thats is ?

Sammon scored two in 20 or so 

He is 0 in 14. 

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

We paid cash for him & Vanecek.

Jeezuz.:laugh2:

C'mon now Nelly. We had some sloshing around after a great bit of undisclosed business, moving on our 19 goals a yr striker who made a habit of banging in  big game goals and replacing him with.......dross.

He hasn't got it but nobody in the team has pass marks since November. Hard to tell. Needs introduced into a team playing well and with confidence.

pettigrewsstylist

Sammon scored two in 20 or so 

He is 0 in 14. 

Worse than Sammon? I dont recognise that level!

The fact that Levein really rates some of these guys, tells you how far we will go with him in charge. To say Levein hasn't got a clue, is a huge understatement. 

20 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I am now out of abuse for the boy.

I wish you were out of abuse with everything else connected with HMFC.

He was poor today.. His contribution was losing the ball for the goal then missing our best chance in the first half which a semi accomplished professional player would have scored or at least tested the keeper. Instead he trundled one past the far post. 

He's young but I don't see that he has much. get him out on loan and see if he can make the step up eventually. I don't hold out much hope though.

husref musemic
3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Worse than Sammon? I dont recognise that level!

that's not apples with apples to be fair. 

a fee more appearances till we can say 'worse than Sammon' 

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Correct.

He didn't know he would be playing until just before ko and CL would have had to rehash his plans in a hurry.  We need tp cut the lad a bit of slack.

husref musemic
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Correct.

He didn't know he would be playing until just before ko and CL would have had to rehash his plans in a hurry.  We need tp cut the lad a bit of slack.

That is the poorest of defences for this guy. 

14 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

You clearly only pick and choose which bits to read. 

He is shite but today the boy had a very difficult job. It took them 25 minutes to sort him and Lee out.

His confidence is nil

His contribution to the team is nil. Terrible waste of money!!

That is the poorest of defences for this guy. 

Exactly. The boy was a named substitute. He should have been ready to go on at any point, especially with our injury record.

If it had been Vanecek, brought in from the cold, then maybe that argument would hold up.

Wighton is simply pish.