Bozanic v Cochrane

Diadora Van Basten

Diadora Van Basten

Wrong call for me when Haring was unfit.

Cochrane wouldn’t have lost the ball in the middle of the park as he’s technically a much better player.

Jambo, Goodbye

Yeah he lost the ball but at least he was showing for it. Rest of the midfield were hiding.

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

Disappointed the lack of football Cochrane has had this season. Especially when imposters like Bozanic and Lee get a regular game. 

Bozanic will never be more than a squad player for us. Cochrane has the quality that he could be a first team regular in the next year or two - could also end up making us money in 3/4 years. 

Cochrane is is undoubtedly the more important player. 

Cochrane was more direct and played the ball forward. He needs some game time, as we're much better with him.

Bozanic was horrendous today. Lost in possession most of the time, wayward passes, poor control. He's too inconsistent to rely upon, especially against top 6 sides.

stuarty1874
41 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Cochrane was rank rotten when he came on.

If you thought that, how would you describe Wighton's performance?

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

Cochrane lost the ball more than anyone in the time he had.

Agreed I thought he would have done a lot better.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, stuarty1874 said:

If you thought that, how would you describe Wighton's performance?

What has his performance got to do with a Cochrane thread? But as you've asked in a deflection sort of a way he was abysmal. Should have been hooked after giving the ball away for their first. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

I’m a huge Cochrane fan. He did lose the ball a couple of times and a least one wayward pass. However he did far more in his 20 minutes than the rest of the midfield put together.

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

I’m a huge Cochrane fan. He did lose the ball a couple of times and a least one wayward pass. However he did far more in his 20 minutes than the rest of the midfield put together.

Utter bollocks.

Cochrane was poor when he came on but it’s down to a lack of match sharpness. If he is fit enough, he should start every game until the end of the season.

42 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Not good enough. Tell me why?

Your claim he was better in 20 minutes than the rest of the midfield combined.

We were poor, but your claim is utter bollocks :thumbsup:

Cruyff Turn

What about Andy Irving? Why hasn’t he had a chance since Cove? I’ve heard he’s been excellent in the reserves. 

Maybe Mikey Stewart did have a point, why are we playing guys like Lee and Bozanic, who have had maybe 5 or 6 good games each all season, when there is young guys, our own, in the Academy who are probably not going to do any worse but would gain invaluable experience. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Even dry. Lee is constantly 3 yards from where you need him. Sick of him.

:laugh2: I’d never say he is a bad footballer because he can do great things on the ball but getting near it is his big problem. The game passes him by far too often. Worse than a man down because he’s so slow. 

11 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Your claim he was better in 20 minutes than the rest of the midfield combined.

We were poor, but your claim is utter bollocks :thumbsup:

Indeed. Two poor midfield passes cost us two goals. Cochrane comes on at 66 minutes Hearts score on 74 minutes. 

Captain Lithuania
15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Even dry. Lee is constantly 3 yards from where you need him. Sick of him.

Felt that way since September.

He’s quite frankly garbage. If he starts the final we lose the midfield. 

9 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Indeed. Two poor midfield passes cost us two goals. Cochrane comes on at 66 minutes Hearts score on 74 minutes. 

He also got robbed in possession and we nearly lost another.

I'd love to see Harry step up, but a combination of niggly injuries and off field distractions this season has meant it hasn't happened yet.

Anyway, point is we were pish as a team 

28 minutes ago, Barack said:

Got himself a wee bird apparently.

And he's been taking the huff at not being allowed out on loan. Think that's more the issue.

That, and his haircut. Terrible.

So the story with fairly substantiated legs goes...

Fairly solid substantiated legs in huge thick concrete boots 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

I imagine it'll just be a case of a frustrated teenager. Think we've chatted about this before, mate.

Curb the attitude, take good advice, get your fitness sorted & come back better next year.

He's at a tipping point. Be a shame if it went the other way.

Indeed we have Pres , indeed we have. However it will be lost on here to others in amongst the posts of madness as wanderers return from the crusades to the Holy Land and settle back into their internet persona’s of the insane in the asylum of JKB. 

Hopefully he listens to the right people and keeps his feet on the ground and fulfils his potential

allanwilson1970
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

What about Andy Irving? Why hasn’t he had a chance since Cove? I’ve heard he’s been excellent in the reserves. 

Maybe Mikey Stewart did have a point, why are we playing guys like Lee and Bozanic, who have had maybe 5 or 6 good games each all season, when there is young guys, our own, in the Academy who are probably not going to do any worse but would gain invaluable experience. 

I am Levein biggest supporter but today for him to play Cochrane ahead of Andy Irving is bewildering. Irvine has been man of the match in almost every reserve game he has played, last 3 games Cochrane has been abysmal.  Based on this how can he be ahead of Irvine? I am flabbergasted as this gives the wrong message to all players as Cochrane should be nowhere near that first team at this point in time. 

Cruyff Turn
29 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

I am Levein biggest supporter but today for him to play Cochrane ahead of Andy Irving is bewildering. Irvine has been man of the match in almost every reserve game he has played, last 3 games Cochrane has been abysmal.  Based on this how can he be ahead of Irvine? I am flabbergasted as this gives the wrong message to all players as Cochrane should be nowhere near that first team at this point in time. 

Especially when we need someone who’s composed on the ball, who can create and play forward passes. Basically everything we lack in midfield. 

1 hour ago, allanwilson1970 said:

Honesty not sure Irving would make any difference in the team the way they play. More likely to ruin him. Feel sorry for Cochrane too. 

1 hour ago, allanwilson1970 said:

I will not pretend to be an expert but, whenever I watch Irving in the reserves my eyes see a composed and dominant midfielder directing the play; when I watch Cochrane he appears to me to be off the pace, always getting knocked over and complaining about this or that hurting, and worst of all disinterested.  

been here before
9 hours ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Rather Cochrane for Lee tbh. 

Id rather Eddie Cochrane for Olly Lee.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, lost in space said:

Cochrane was bullied on the park and showed no abilities. Is poorer than last year.

To be fair he was match sharp last season. Disappointed he hasnt grown 10 inches and put on 15kilos of muscle. Maybe this summer.

Looked like a wee boy lost today. Shite game to come into.

Don't get the huge fuss over Cochrane. Watched academy games for years and he seems to have been pushed on by Levein for no real reason. Great young player but nowhere near ready for first team football ..