Ross County

FWJ

Better call Saul

I was invited to a county game v Killie once upon a time !  I found it amusing how well mannered / polite most of the county fans were .

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Never been up to Dingwall and to be honest I don’t think Ross County bring anything good to the SPL.

No worse than Hamilton or St Johnstone tbh. 

Back up on merit. Well done to them. 

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Never been up to Dingwall and to be honest I don’t think Ross County bring anything good to the SPL.

It isn't their business to bring something we deem acceptable to the top league, it's a meritocracy and they've earned the right to be there as much as anyone else. Good on them!

will-i-am-a-jambo

Well done Ross County. A great wee club with decent fans and a good away day to boot. Will never forget what they did for us when we were in admin. I'm glad they are back up.

Well done to them.

Excellent recovery after relegation to come straight back up and, when confirmed, their place in the Premier is fully deserved.

Don't understand, or like, the "they'll bring nothing, shouldn't be here" chat; very Champions League elitist guff.

Ross County, ICT and other former Highland League clubs have enhanced the Scottish League's since they joined. Give me them every time over the unambitious lower league clubs who've added little in the last century and who, apparently, have no desire to progress.

If nothing else, Staggies 2 Hibs 1 in the LC final, 2016, is pretty compelling evidence of their positive impact. :)

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I was invited to a county game v Killie once upon a time !  I found it amusing how well mannered / polite most of the county fans were .

Inverness were the same when we went up there.

Montgomery Brewster
3 hours ago, martoon said:

Well done to them.

Excellent recovery after relegation to come straight back up and, when confirmed, their place in the Premier is fully deserved.

Don't understand, or like, the "they'll bring nothing, shouldn't be here" chat; very Champions League elitist guff.

Ross County, ICT and other former Highland League clubs have enhanced the Scottish League's since they joined. Give me them every time over the unambitious lower league clubs who've added little in the last century and who, apparently, have no desire to progress.

If nothing else, Staggies 2 Hibs 1 in the LC final, 2016, is pretty compelling evidence of their positive impact. :)

The last paragraph alone is legendary. FTH

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

They bring more than the erse cheeks.

Fair play to them, back up again and they deserve it.  Seem like a well run club and very well supported considering the size of dingwall.

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Well done to them.

Agreed !

Ross County and Inverness have both won trophies in the time elapsed since we won in 2012.

They would be entitled to question our credentials on that basis.

been here before

Fair play to them.

Got to be said though that 'Staggies' is only rivalled by 'Caley Jags' as the shitest nicknames.

Portable Badger

They were fantastic in our hour of need - if their fanbase  is so shite then we'd be raking in over 80000 per game at Tynecastle !!!!   Dingwall has a population of 5000 !!!   I don't get the they've got a shite support considering demographics.   I'm also biased - I live in Inverness so at last there will be some games I don't spend 7 hours travelling to home games like today !!  How many ST would travel 7 hours every home game every other week??  Prior to moving to inverness I lived down South and had to fly up for games every other week - how many ST would do that ???

I hope Robbo can get ICT up as well

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Roy McGregor has invested a good amount and had faith in his boot room. 

Well done Ross County 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
58 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

They were fantastic in our hour of need - if their fanbase  is so shite then we'd be raking in over 80000 per game at Tynecastle !!!!   Dingwall has a population of 5000 !!!   I don't get the they've got a shite support considering demographics.   I'm also biased - I live in Inverness so at last there will be some games I don't spend 7 hours travelling to home games like today !!  How many ST would travel 7 hours every home game every other week??  Prior to moving to inverness I lived down South and had to fly up for games every other week - how many ST would do that ???

I hope Robbo can get ICT up as well

They do represent the County though. Not a huge population but there is a wider community than Dingwall itself 

maroonnicky63
12 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Can’t agree with more that’s how I feel

SwindonJambo
12 hours ago, mitch41 said:

They're up on merit, the only criterion which should ever be used to measure it. Big supports do not win football matches.

Very well done to them for making such good use of their resources and as others have said, they were kind to us in our hour of need.

andyscott82

The other side of County coming straight back up, is that Partick are still looking in danger of successive relegations!

Got a mate who's a County fan, so decent for him.