Chris Cadden has been contacted

CJGJ

On 19/04/2019 at 15:33, JamboAl said:

Can you give the name of one manager who came from CL's so-called Bootroom?

Craig's living the fantasy on this promotion from within rubbish. All it does is disqualify other talented coaches from applying for the job. None of his actual bootroom spent their active years playing for us. As soon as he goes then we can hopefully find another McIness or Clarke.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kimosavi

• JamboAl

• mitch41

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Craig's living the fantasy on this promotion from within rubbish. All it does is disqualify other talented coaches from applying for the job. None of his actual bootroom spent their active years playing for us. As soon as he goes then we can hopefully find another McIness or Clarke.

Billy Davies surely 

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, jambmoz said:

Your possibly right but for some reason Saturday seems to have broken me as far as hearts go, Our midfield was so poor it almost made walker seem a desirable option 

Exactly how I feel. The last 10 league games, infact, the last 3 anyway, have underlined how bad things have become on the park.

Tokyo Drifter
On 19/04/2019 at 13:47, CJGJ said:

I never know whether to post items like this or not but here goes

It is not a signed and sealed deal it is simply contact with player/agent

(There are others interested as well and of course Motherwell want to keep him)

We tried to sign him two (three?) years ago and couldn't afford him then.

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Exactly how I feel. The last 10 league games, infact, the last 3 anyway, have underlined how bad things have become on the park.

Meanwhile the club portray everything on the playing side is all rosy,  as they promote heart felt promo video's for you to part with your cash for next season. They are a business so of course they are going to sell a product to us but it just doesn't sit well with me that the fans are clearly dismayed, upset, concerned about out form and guidance on the park that we are being ignored, burying their heads in the sand, hoping somehow Levein will turn this around which he won't. Fair play to any fan that's signed up for next term under Levein you have my upmost respect. I just can't do it,  i have had enough now. Motivation of players, lack of fight and desire on the pitch, all these coaches at our disposal, failed signing after failed signing after failed signing add in the product served up to us on the park and it's worrying times at Hearts if Levein is allowed to continue 

He wanted 2 windows to be judged,  his own players, he has now had 3 windows with him bringing in his own players and he asked to be judged after that. Well it's not good enough Craig and we want you out, we deserve better than this from everyone including your players at this wonderfull club. You've turned the stands into a morgue and squeezed every bit of enjoyment out of watching Hearts 

2 hours ago, jambmoz said:

Your possibly right but for some reason Saturday seems to have broken me as far as hearts go, Our midfield was so poor it almost made walker seem a desirable option 

Someone that can run with a ball, draw opposition players and create? Has a bit brain?

As time goes by we seem to disassociate ourselves from this type of player.

3 hours ago, jambmoz said:

You do realise we had one of our best MFs out while another called off just before ko meaning we had 2 of 4 missing from our likely selection.

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Meanwhile the club portray everything on the playing side is all rosy,  as they promote heart felt promo video's for you to part with your cash for next season. They are a business so of course they are going to sell a product to us but it just doesn't sit well with me that the fans are clearly dismayed, upset, concerned about out form and guidance on the park that we are being ignored, burying their heads in the sand, hoping somehow Levein will turn this around which he won't. Fair play to any fan that's signed up for next term under Levein you have my upmost respect. I just can't do it,  i have had enough now. Motivation of players, lack of fight and desire on the pitch, all these coaches at our disposal, failed signing after failed signing after failed signing add in the product served up to us on the park and it's worrying times at Hearts if Levein is allowed to continue 

He wanted 2 windows to be judged,  his own players, he has now had 3 windows with him bringing in his own players and he asked to be judged after that. Well it's not good enough Craig and we want you out, we deserve better than this from everyone including your players at this wonderfull club. You've turned the stands into a morgue and squeezed every bit of enjoyment out of watching Hearts 

If you feel that way, don't part with your cash.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

If you feel that way, don't part with your cash.

I'm not Al 

Big Hearts will be getting my cash next term

Would be a fantastic signing IMO, exactly the kind Hearts should be looking for-young players from smaller clubs with potential to develop into fantastic footballers.

7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'm not Al 

Big Hearts will be getting my cash next term

The thing that amazes me about your earlier post is that it should have been about Cadden but somehow it is turned into yet another anti CL rant.

FFS, do we have to suffer this on every thread?

FWIW I wouldn't sign Cadden.  He is someone who looked very promising a couple of seasons ago but seems to be standing still or even going backwards.  We might be able to get more out of him as we have done to some extent with Mulraney but I just feel we need a player who is more likely (there are no guarantees with any player) to hit the ground running like GMS.

10 minutes ago, Rooster20 said:

Would be a fantastic signing IMO, exactly the kind Hearts should be looking for-young players from smaller clubs with potential to develop into fantastic footballers.

Isn't that why CL has signed young Halkett???????

Has hardly played this season FFS do we never learn, I thought Levein was taking the pish when saying new long term injured left back is still in gym.

The the Main rumour FFS it's like he is deliberately winding us up, I am renewing just out of loyalty, see no light at end of tunnel to be honest 

10 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Has hardly played this season FFS do we never learn, I thought Levein was taking the pish when saying new long term injured left back is still in gym.

The the Main rumour FFS it's like he is deliberately winding us up, I am renewing just out of loyalty, see no light at end of tunnel to be honest 

The Main RUMOUR! 

Who is winding you up?

Is Cadden not a rumour as well?

47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The thing that amazes me about your earlier post is that it should have been about Cadden but somehow it is turned into yet another anti CL rant.

FFS, do we have to suffer this on every thread?

FWIW I wouldn't sign Cadden.  He is someone who looked very promising a couple of seasons ago but seems to be standing still or even going backwards.  We might be able to get more out of him as we have done to some extent with Mulraney but I just feel we need a player who is more likely (there are no guarantees with any player) to hit the ground running like GMS.

Fair dues Al I'll take that 

And i agree we don't need another project we need players who can hit the ground running 

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You do realise we had one of our best MFs out while another called off just before ko meaning we had 2 of 4 missing from our likely selection.

You do realise we have signed shit loads of midfielders not good enough? Our best midfielder is a guy we brought in as a defender ffs.  

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Yeah, point taken. however surely we should have more them 4 midfielders capable of the basics in our squad.

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

You do realise we have signed shit loads of midfielders not good enough? Our best midfielder is a guy we brought in as a defender ffs.  

It doesn't matter if we signed 95 MFs.

It stands to reason that unless we have the money to sign 8 MFs of supreme calibre (and we don't) the second best 4 will not be as good as the best 4.

If you count Naismith as an out-and-out MF, that's 3 of our best 4 missing on Saturday and you still think we have right to walk all over Rangers.  I think you need a reality check or you're in for many more disappointments down the line.

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It stands to reason that unless we have the money to sign 8 MFs of supreme calibre (and we don't) the second best 4 will not be as good as the best 4.

If you count Naismith as an out-and-out MF, that's 3 of our best 4 missing on Saturday and you still think we have right to walk all over Rangers.  I think you need a reality check or you're in for many more disappointments down the line.

So we continue to spend money on dross hoping they come good?  Rangers where missing players all over the shop too.  And even when they have been fit the football has been honking.  There’s always an excuse for some.  There is no plan b it seems from hoping Naismith could drag us through the season.  

Do you honestly think if Haring and Clare where fit on Saturday our tactics would have been any different from say that Hibs game or the Ibrox recently?

we set out to punt and try win games on set prices.  We go a goal down and it’s kamikaze mode.  The defence was ludicrously shocking on Sat too.  There’s not a chance this will get better under management and he’s had long enough so this is his team and players playing the way he wants them to, there is no excuse.

After you've learned the difference between WERE and WHERE,  you can tell us what you think of Chris Cadden.

There are loads of other threads about our management.

Finlay James

I've not read through the thread but I'm guessing the usual trolls are on here saying that if he signs he better get used to hoofball, no atmosphere, a lack of sectarian singing and smoke bombs etc etc?  The wee team hurting gives me great pleasure.

Cadden would be a cracking signing and exactly the type that we have been crying out for; young, Scottish, quick, strong and still lots of room for improvement.  

Big improvement this year in the cups and with signings such as Cadden and Halkett, Hearts will be top 3 next season.

The future is maroon.

merseyjambo
10 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I've not read through the thread but I'm guessing the usual trolls are on here saying that if he signs he better get used to hoofball, no atmosphere, a lack of sectarian singing and smoke bombs etc etc?  The wee team hurting gives me great pleasure.

Cadden would be a cracking signing and exactly the type that we have been crying out for; young, Scottish, quick, strong and still lots of room for improvement.  

Big improvement this year in the cups and with signings such as Cadden and Halkett, Hearts will be top 3 next season.

The future is maroon.

Only if we have someone different in charge. CL will never get us into top 3

14 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

The future is maroon.

The only way Hearts will be top 3 next season is if we get a new manager in place.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Think you need a reality check if you think there aren’t better players out there we can acquire. 

You are one of many on here who continually go on about the limited budget and market we can shop in. In truth, the market is big even for our level. 

It’s narrow mindedness to think we can’t improve our standards.  

But you if you are making excuses for these players, then maybe we need to go back the management and coaches and question their ability to motivate properly, find a system that works for the players they have and a style which they can express themselves in?

I don’t think anyone expects us to walk all over any team, but regardless of who we play the least we should expect is for those who are playing to at least find a player with a simple pass or not get caught in possession so frequently like we have so many times latterly. We appear to be failing in the basics, which in my opinion is not acceptable.

It's not just about ability, it's about character, pride in the jersey the will to be a winner . In that respect Saturday was a ****ing embarrassment and not acceptable. 

2 hours ago, sac said:

I don’t think anyone expects us to walk all over any team, but regardless of who we play the least we should expect is for those who are playing to at least find a player with a simple pass or not get caught in possession so frequently like we have so many times latterly. We appear to be failing in the basics, which in my opinion is not acceptable.

Cadden will cure that.

• 2 weeks later...

Cadden (22) has been with ’Well since the age of nine but speculation is rife that he could leave upon the expiry of his contract this summer. He’s been offered a new deal and is currently mulling over it.
“My main focus has been on getting back fit so discussions have just started just now,” Cadden added.
“I’m just taking it easy, just seeing what happens.
“I just want to get back fit. That’s only my first start since November 11 so it’s been a long time but I’m enjoying it.
“I want to get my performances back up to the level that I know I can do.
“Everybody knows I love the place. I’ve been brought up here, so of course I’d like to stay.
“I know the people like the back of my hand.
“Everybod here’s brilliant with me and they’ve been great with me ever since I came through.
“I’ll speak to the gaffer and Alan Burrows in the next couple of weeks and see what’s happening.”

Tynecastlesmychurch
32 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Cadden (22) has been with ’Well since the age of nine but speculation is rife that he could leave upon the expiry of his contract this summer. He’s been offered a new deal and is currently mulling over it.
“My main focus has been on getting back fit so discussions have just started just now,” Cadden added.
“I’m just taking it easy, just seeing what happens.
“I just want to get back fit. That’s only my first start since November 11 so it’s been a long time but I’m enjoying it.
“I want to get my performances back up to the level that I know I can do.
“Everybody knows I love the place. I’ve been brought up here, so of course I’d like to stay.
“I know the people like the back of my hand.
“Everybod here’s brilliant with me and they’ve been great with me ever since I came through.
“I’ll speak to the gaffer and Alan Burrows in the next couple of weeks and see what’s happening.”

does-that-mean-hes-not-coming-on-then.jpg

• 1 month later...

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/analysis/chris-caddens-motherwell-future-is-no-clearer-whats-the-situation/

In January 2018, Motherwell’s Chris Cadden reportedly attracted interest from Aberdeen according to the Daily Record.  Also according to the Record, In the summer of 2017, Brighton and Hearts were after the Fir Park youth academy graduate. It’s now the summer of 2019 and Cadden’s future is murkier than ever.

There has been radio silence over his future, with his deal set to expire this month.

have reported the Fir Park side have tabled him a new contract offer. Even if he leaves the club, the report claims the Well are due a £400,000 development fee.

Cadden will no doubt be taking time to contemplate his options, but what exactly is his situation going to be in the coming weeks?

Cadden’s going to have to make a decision soon

Motherwell are due back for pre-season on the 17th of June. At the time of this being published, that is just over a week until the Well playing staff are due back. Despite this, neither player or club have said a thing.

It’s hard to tell what options he has now, such has been the silence surrounding his situation. Would a Hearts or an Aberdeen still be interested in the winger?

One thing is for sure, and that’s that Brighton won’t be interested anymore. Cadden’s been okay since

the summer of 2017, but hasn’t done anything particularly special. This season was disrupted with injury, but he made a decent enough return towards the end of the campaign. He probably hasn’t got the ability to play Premier League football though

Out of Hearts and Aberdeen then, two teams with previous reported interest, it’s likely Hearts would be the better fit. Aberdeen have decent depth out on the flanks. The Jambos, however, have no natural right wingers at the club.

A strong powerful runner, Hearts’ strategy of getting balls into the box whenever they can could work for Cadden. He loves to power down the line at Fir Park and whip in a delivery, something which Hearts haven’t really had on the right.

Alternatively, he could pen that new deal at Fir Park. Given he only just got back into the squad, signing a two-year deal for example would ensure regular game time this season.

Cadden’s situation is an interesting one and it’ll be intriguing to see where he ends up. He needs to make decision on his future soon though, as any offers he has will slowly fall off the table.

No way Hearts will pay £400k on a player that’s been out injured for most of the season.

6 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

No way Hearts will pay £400k on a player that’s been out injured for most of the season.

I don't think we'd pay that sort of money for a player period. £400k transfer fee means wages to reflect that too. I'm not sure that offers enough value for the money we'd need to spend.

Shame really, would be a good move for the lad. Will no doubt need to go down South and be back up here by either January or next summer. 

33 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

However, if he refuses to sign a new contact with Motherwell they'll need to accept a lower offer or risk litigation.

3 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

However, if he refuses to sign a new contact with Motherwell they'll need to accept a lower offer or risk litigation.

I wonder if they would accept a sell on fee and in exchange for knocking down the asking price/ development fee?

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I wonder if they would accept a sell on fee and in exchange for knocking down the asking price/ development fee?

I think they would because no one would want to test the legitimacy of this in court

Edited by tcjambo

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Will they? Who would they be getting sued by?

8 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I think they would because no one would want to test the legitimacy of this in court

Oh god. Cadden joining Bosman in absolutely ****ing youth development world wide :D 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Will they? Who would they be getting sued by?

If he cannot find employment because of the ridiculous sum Motherwell are demanding/ entitled to, then he'd have a right to challenge it legally. Restriction of trade?

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, OTT said:

If he cannot find employment because of the ridiculous sum Motherwell are demanding/ entitled to, then he'd have a right to challenge it legally. Restriction of trade?

People aren't goods. Football transfers are entirely contract based. What makes the sum ridiculous? If it was Rangers or Celtic after one of our top prospects we would be demanding the full amount.

Brighton Jambo
On 22/04/2019 at 10:52, kimosavi said:

No not ‘we’ want you out.  You want him out fair enough but please stop acting as if you speak for the majority when you really don’t 

Is the £400k based on that formula or is it just plucked from the air.

Cant you go to a tribunal to determine the amount like Rangers did for that Telfer guy

Edited by Jammy T

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

True. It's not as if we have history of signing injury prone players. 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

People aren't goods. Football transfers are entirely contract based. What makes the sum ridiculous? If it was Rangers or Celtic after one of our top prospects we would be demanding the full amount.

Unless it's Jason Holt

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

No not ‘we’ want you out.  You want him out fair enough but please stop acting as if you speak for the majority when you really don’t 

And you do of course,  sorry apologies 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

And you do of course,  sorry apologies 

He didn't speak for the fans, you did

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He didn't speak for the fans, you did

Spoke for a majority, not all. The end 

feedthefox

Quite a few took exception when I once upon a time suggested it but I see yet again Josh Magennis is scoring crucial goals. Putting aside some folks dislike and the nonsense he would have been a great signing imho.