Top Posters In This Topic

• kimosavi

• JamboAl

• mitch41

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

King Joffrey

The only figures I've seen regarding Hastie are £400k compensation to Motherwell (which seems high) and second figure Rangers are offering £20k a week to fend off English competition (again seems a lot after signing Jordan Jones). If even one of these figures is even half right, our interest ends. 

As for Cadden if he can get his fitness back to a year or two ago would be a great addition. He was unplayable up that right side with Brighton, Hull, Reading and Cardiff from memory ready to offer big money. Worth the punt and with Halkett, 2 great signings. 

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Craig Levein gets the players he really wants. 

Souttar certainly improved here. Cadden could be the same. 

heartsfc_fan
2 hours ago, siegementality said:

I’ve never really got the hype about Cadden.

Same here

The Future's Maroon

Four out of the first five replies to this thread ??

??????

Edited by The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon
22 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

What a lot of shite Craig Levein gets the players he wants, not sure what planet your on.

Bale and Kane already sorted and signed up ?

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm going to make a real splash here later this morning when I alert the media that Levein is responsible for climate change.

I imagine there will be chaos at Tynecastle in around 16 hours with thousands of hairy green people hastily convening a protest March before the kick-off.

Expect delays.

Is that why there's holes in the ozone layer?

All the footballs we've put through it 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, jambonian said:

I'd rather we signed Jake Hastie

Rangers have given up on getting him. Can't believe it's because Hearts are favourite 

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Rangers have given up on getting him. Can't believe it's because Hearts are favourite 

Maybe they've switched their attention to Souttar

girvanjambo
3 hours ago, King Joffrey said:

The only figures I've seen regarding Hastie are £400k compensation to Motherwell (which seems high) and second figure Rangers are offering £20k a week to fend off English competition (again seems a lot after signing Jordan Jones). If even one of these figures is even half right, our interest ends. 

As for Cadden if he can get his fitness back to a year or two ago would be a great addition. He was unplayable up that right side with Brighton, Hull, Reading and Cardiff from memory ready to offer big money. Worth the punt and with Halkett, 2 great signings. 

The Motherwell chief executive, or some other dude, ties up their young players contracts to maximise compensation if they turn out to be good, something to do with 22nd birthday

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Maybe they've switched their attention to Souttar

Souttar suitor eh

3 hours ago, cocobeab said:

Well fans I know said he was a great prospect, hit a plateau and has fallen behind other, younger talent that they have coming through. Sounded a bit ‘meh’ about possibility of him leaving. But as others have said he may just need a change of scenery. Wouldn’t mind an out and out right midfielder we seem to have been playing central midfielders out there for ages.

Dundee United fan's said the same about Souttar

Edited by j1964m

LarrysRightFoot

For what it’s worth I think Cadden and Main would be good signings if they happen.

But they will definitely reiterate our tag as a ‘big physical side’.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, The Doc said:

Call it a hunch

A hunch you say...... 

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Can you give the name of one manager who came from CL's so-called Bootroom?

Ross left Hearts because he was ambitious and felt he was being held back. After making a name for himself as a very good upcoming manager at Alloa and St Mirren where he won Scotland’s Manager of the Year Award he accepted a very difficult job at Sunderland and the fans love him. 

So why do you ask the question ?

7 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Maybe not at the races but they are in a cup final.   Even if they deliver a cup for us it won't be enough for some folk. 

Correct because Hearts need a better management.

rudi must stay

Cadden can take a good free kick and corners. Always a bonus, wouldn't be a bad free transfer at all, and neither would Curtis Main

Both will put in a shift for you, as will most Motherwell players. They are a team that has done pretty well the last few years due to it

5 hours ago, cocobeab said:

Well fans I know said he was a great prospect, hit a plateau and has fallen behind other, younger talent that they have coming through. Sounded a bit ‘meh’ about possibility of him leaving. But as others have said he may just need a change of scenery. Wouldn’t mind an out and out right midfielder we seem to have been playing central midfielders out there for ages.

If Levein can improve Cadden, who's already shown he's a very decent player, the way he's improved Mulraney he could be an excellent signing. We're mostly after attacking players this summer so it wouldn't be surprising if we look at him.

52 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ross left Hearts because he was ambitious and felt he was being held back. After making a name for himself as a very good upcoming manager at Alloa and St Mirren where he won Scotland’s Manager of the Year Award he accepted a very difficult job at Sunderland and the fans love him. 

That's not the story I heard.

I ask because no one has come from the Bootroom to manage HMFC so what are you on about?

25 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's not the story I heard.

I ask because no one has come from the Bootroom to manage HMFC so what are you on about?

Not sure anyone except detractors are using the term bootroom, certainly not Levein. Anyhow, Neilson was promoted from the U20s so there has been one example albeit he didn't work under Levein before being promoted. Ross was next in line for that if he had stayed. Daly has also been caretaker manager after progressing from the U20s. Andy Kirk is the next coach they must think could be a future head coach as he's now with the U20s. Clearly though the strategy is not set in stone as otherwise Levein wouldn't be manager now.

In any case, I'm not sure why there is criticism of doing that as if it's some sort of unusual strategy. It can make a lot of sense, assuming the person being promoted is ready - which Neilson was and Ross probably would have been - and if there is a desire and strategy to try to bring young players through, which there is at Hearts. It makes total sense to me to appoint someone who knows the young players at the club, as well as the first team set up.

In other examples, Peter Houston did a great job at D Utd after being hired by Levein as assistant and then promoted. 

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I think you may be rewriting history a bit with that first sentence. 

Cadden isn't blessed with blistering pace or trickery so I am not sure what be would be bringing. Could see an opportunity to mould him into a box to box midfielder but he wouldn't address our problems in the creative department.

i wish jj was my dad
On 19/04/2019 at 23:45, mitch41 said:

Can you back up the first sentence or are you making it up? According to Ross he left for reasons not related to football. As for Sunderland fans loving him the one game I watched they certainly didn't seem to love him.

No harm to the boy. I hope he does well but you are making up shite about him. 

Always thought he was a Patterson style full back/wide midfielder. Maybe not brilliant technically but powerful and full of energy.

Maybe that he can also play centre midfield suggests he does have more technique than I thought.

I’d sign him. Desperately need more energy in midfield.

On 19/04/2019 at 18:19, cocobeab said:

Sounds very like the John Souttar situation. Personally think he has a lot more about him than Wighton so will more than likely rise to the challenge. 

I wonder where Levein sees him with Smith, Brandon and Godinho all playing RB. I know he can play other positions like RM and CM so perhaps there... Mulraney on the left Cadden on the right? 

On 20/04/2019 at 00:01, rudi must stay said:

Cadden can take a good free kick and corners. Always a bonus, wouldn't be a bad free transfer at all, and neither would Curtis Main

Both will put in a shift for you, as will most Motherwell players. They are a team that has done pretty well the last few years due to it

Main still feels a weird signing. He looked to have had a big impact when he first signed for them, broke our clean sheet record IIRC? (Mclaughlin in goals). He does look like quite a physical player that doesn't hide so thats a plus, perhaps just a replacement for Mclean? 

Hope to god he won't be another 3 year huddy.

We need pace in the side.  We're absolutely crying out for it.

I've never thought that Cadden was blessed with much of it.  Decent, neat & tidy player but I'm not sure he's exactly what we need.

Bridge of Djoum
On 19/04/2019 at 18:45, mitch41 said:

That is not the reason Jack Ross left.

Your lies and malicious little insinuations are tiresome. 

On 19/04/2019 at 14:36, The Treasurer said:

So now Levein is to blame for a Motherwell player picking up an injury :rolleyes5:

No he is blamed for another project !! 

7 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Can you back up the first sentence or are you making it up? According to Ross he left for reasons not related to football. As for Sunderland fans loving him the one game I watched they certainly didn't seem to love him.

No harm to the boy. I hope he does well but you are making up shite about him. 

You don’t say, I know your just guessing.

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

That is not the reason Jack Ross left.

Your lies and malicious little insinuations are tiresome. 

Aye right.

i wish jj was my dad
51 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You don’t say, I know your just guessing.

Glad we agree you are talking shite ?

rudi must stay
9 hours ago, OTT said:

Main still feels a weird signing. He looked to have had a big impact when he first signed for them, broke our clean sheet record IIRC? (Mclaughlin in goals). He does look like quite a physical player that doesn't hide so thats a plus, perhaps just a replacement for Mclean? 

Hope to god he won't be another 3 year huddy.

McLean is going nowhere at all, good player. Bring that to the big games he's useful 

Cruyff Turn
9 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Milinkovic would be ideal for us. 

Slaughtered him for being a badge kissing arsehole then ****ing us off for Hull but he’d have made a hell of a difference for us this season. I’d gladly have him back now. 

17 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Milinkovic would be ideal for us. 

What I would give for this boy to be in our team now, Christ even a walker would be a huge improvement on our current passive pedestrians.

39 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

What I would give for this boy to be in our team now, Christ even a walker would be a huge improvement on our current passive pedestrians.

Christ, too far with the walker comment

37 minutes ago, Braminho said:

Christ, too far with the walker comment

Your possibly right but for some reason Saturday seems to have broken me as far as hearts go, Our midfield was so poor it almost made walker seem a desirable option