Chris Cadden has been contacted

CJGJ

Famous 1874

400k development fee. No chance will we pay that. Injury prone and has stagnated over the last 2 seasons. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kimosavi

• JamboAl

• mitch41

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambof3tornado
12 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

400k development fee. No chance will we pay that. Injury prone and has stagnated over the last 2 seasons. 

This. Sooner push through what we have.

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Roughly what they were to pay us for the transfer of Jack Hamilton's registration. Deal essentially turned in to a swap.

Fair enough. Shite for shite, it would seem

I really hope Wighton turns out be a player but he seems to lack the basic desire & bravery needed to survive Premiership football. 

We_are_the_Hearts
25 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Same could have been said about Wighton but..............................................

Gene Parmesan

I think we can read a couple of things into the fact Cadden is in limbo right now. The first is that nobody will stump up £400k for him. The second is that he's not in a hurry to stay at Motherwell, given their two year offer has sat there unsigned for months.

It's a bit of a John McGinn scenario prior to him going to Hibs. If someone wants him enough they will have to come to an arrangement - that could be a player exchange, sell-ons, releasing the fee in tranches or whatever suits Motherwell. The longer it goes on the more one side or another is going to have to blink.

This seems similar to us and Nicholson scenario.  We wanted £400k for Nicholson, nobody was going to pay that so he heads off to the USA for a year or two until he's out of the tribunal age.

Cadden could so the same so I think we could offer £50k/£100k plus a (potential) sell on clause, that way Motherwell will get something for a player they risk losing for nothing. 

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Injury prone? As far as I can see he's only had one significant injury in the last few seasons which kept him out between November and March last season. He played 33 league games in 2017-18 and 36 the season before.

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Same could have been said about Wighton but..............................................

Wouldn’t have bought Wighton either. 

Famous 1874
33 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Injury prone? As far as I can see he's only had one significant injury in the last few seasons which kept him out between November and March last season. He played 33 league games in 2017-18 and 36 the season before.

Fair enough, thought he seemed to have various niggly injuries along with the one major injury. Wonder how many minutes he has played

Gene Parmesan
5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Fair enough, thought he seemed to have various niggly injuries along with the one major injury. Wonder how many minutes he has played

3461 in 16/17 (42 games)

3685 in 17/18 (45 games)

That's an average of 82 minutes per game in both those seasons

Edited by Gene Parmesan

scott herbertson

lol

Kickback

"Seek, and ye shall find"

Those pesky facts can be damned annoying.

Now that you've sorted that out can you tell me whether we will be better off if we Brexit, or not?

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

2 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

3461 in 16/17 (42 games)

3685 in 17/18 (45 games)

Famous 1874
58 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

3461 in 16/17 (42 games)

3685 in 17/18 (45 games)

Stand corrected then. Still not worth the 400k though

Bridge of Djoum
16 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Spoke for a majority, not all. The end 

I'm sure they are ****** delighted they have YOU as their official mouthpiece

:rofl:

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

3461 in 16/17 (42 games)

3685 in 17/18 (45 games)

Facts have no place on KB. The boy is injury prone despite your ''evidence''.

?

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Stand corrected then. Still not worth the 400k though

So if he wasn't worth 400k because he's ''injury prone'' what's your next reason he isn't worth it?

Agree he hasn't shown a great deal yet.

Famous 1874
14 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

So if he wasn't worth 400k because he's ''injury prone'' what's your next reason he isn't worth it?

Agree he hasn't shown a great deal yet.

Couple of reasons:

Feel we could do better 

Can’t see us paying anywhere near 400k regardless 

Stagnated development 

Those saying we won’t sign him as we won’t pay £400k for an injury prone player?If that is the case he’s EXACTLY the kind of signing Levein likes to make, loves a project/story. 

We signed Wighton for £200k did we not? 

2 minutes ago, droid said:

Those saying we won’t sign him as we won’t pay £400k for an injury prone player?If that is the case he’s EXACTLY the kind of signing Levein likes to make, loves a project/story. 

The fee was undisclosed but even if it were £200k that's half of what we'd likely have to pay for Cadden.

20 minutes ago, droid said:

Maybe Motherwell would take Wighton 

Not a chance they’re not that stupid.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

very true!

It’s going to be superb if Wighton ends up being a success. :D

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

rick witter
16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s going to be superb if Wighton ends up being a success. :D

Unfortunately he won’t he is simply not good enough. 

Just now, rick witter said:

Unfortunately he won’t he is simply not good enough. 

Thing is though, Rick. I don’t really value your opinion in these sort of matters. So that post doesn’t really convince me either way. It’s a post in the form of a statement that should be presented as an opinion instead. ?

Isn’t it true that Cadden could go down south for free or a much reduced fee?

If we wanted him, and a fairly shite English club was interested, I’m sure we could haggle the £400k down to half of that if he wanted to join us.

Oh, for the “lose against Hibs crew” - what happened to the last two managers that had 100% season records against Hibs?

Only a tin pot club (like, say, Hibs) would make decisions as to their manager on the basis of results against one team.

You’d have to be a proper numbskull to think that a defeat against Hibs would get a Hearts manager the sack. And somebody with a really pigheaded and insular view of football.

Edited by Jammy T

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm sure they are ****** delighted they have YOU as their official mouthpiece

:rofl:

Of course they are......duh 

On 09/06/2019 at 20:02, Mr Elwood P said:

People aren't goods. Football transfers are entirely contract based. What makes the sum ridiculous? If it was Rangers or Celtic after one of our top prospects we would be demanding the full amount.

You're quite right that people aren't goods. You can own goods, not people.  I think Bosman proved that when he challenged the status quo. I think in the same vein, development fees restricting what club Cadden could move to are a restriction on his trade. 

He's good enough to continue playing at this level - joining a club like Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen are a logical continuation of his development, where as going down south (as may likely be the case due to the sum being excessive) could hinder his continued development. 

I don't see how the huns or celtic are relevant to this discussion. They have the resources to spend the sort of money discussed. However, they're not the subject of this discussion, we are. Cadden would be a bench warmer at Parkhead and Ibrox. Going back to his development, for his own benefit going one of the aforementioned teams is the next step for him, but if he can't make that move because of Motherwell are refusing to budge on their demands then surely that is a restriction on trade. 

I'm not out to sting Motherwell here, I think a compromise needs to be met if we are actually interested. Sell on fees seem to be where the money is made, so offering to cut Motherwell in on that in exchange for dropping the demands to a reasonable level should be where we try to go with negotiations. 

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

You're quite right that people aren't goods. You can own goods, not people.  I think Bosman proved that when he challenged the status quo. I think in the same vein, development fees restricting what club Cadden could move to are a restriction on his trade. 

He's good enough to continue playing at this level - joining a club like Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen are a logical continuation of his development, where as going down south (as may likely be the case due to the sum being excessive) could hinder his continued development. 

I don't see how the huns or celtic are relevant to this discussion. They have the resources to spend the sort of money discussed. However, they're not the subject of this discussion, we are. Cadden would be a bench warmer at Parkhead and Ibrox. Going back to his development, for his own benefit going one of the aforementioned teams is the next step for him, but if he can't make that move because of Motherwell are refusing to budge on their demands then surely that is a restriction on trade. 

I'm not out to sting Motherwell here, I think a compromise needs to be met if we are actually interested. Sell on fees seem to be where the money is made, so offering to cut Motherwell in on that in exchange for dropping the demands to a reasonable level should be where we try to go with negotiations. 

Bosman is nothing to do with goods. He used EU law to enforce his free movement rights, a protection offered to an EU citizen who meets the worker requirement. Those rights are now protected by Article 45 TFEU.

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A61993CJ0415

The Rangers and Celtic relevance is they are the only clubs bigger than us. We are bigger than Motherwell. It offers perspective to the discussion. Here is an insight into the way training compensation is determined.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/sports/item/a-guide-to-training-compensation-and-solidarity-payments-in-football

Edited by Mr Elwood P

21 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Rather bring back Sam Nicholson, Cadden hasn’t improved at all.. 

Has Sam?

genuine question 

22 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Rather bring back Sam Nicholson, Cadden hasn’t improved at all.. 

Decent shout. Actually I'd take both.. different types of wide players and a bit of room for error if one flops badly.