Extinction Rebellion

Lord BJ

john-lennon-yoko-ono-lie-in-bed-in.jpg

Another hard day at work for I8's hero. Definitely no workshy protesting being done on this particular day in history by this particular person. He's on the tools, clearly.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• ri Alban

• Lord BJ

• Governor Tarkin

Just now, southcap said:

You do know people can be off work in the afternoon during the week and not be 'unemployed'?

And no, the message wasn't;

'did you know that we are destroying the earth, we should do something about it'

It was;

'unless the country starts taking more serious measures, we are going to continue being disruptive as ****'

Again, I think the message got across well since you're about to have an aneurysm about it.

But who gives them the authority? What makes them so important?

And this country does just fine for pollution.  It may be wise for them to look a lot further East to see where the real issues lie.

Just now, southcap said:

john-lennon-yoko-ono-lie-in-bed-in.jpg

Another hard day at work for I8's hero. Definitely no workshy protesting being done on this particular day in history by this particular person. He's on the tools, clearly.

I think we can safely say that Lennon was a contributor in life.

Geoff Kilpatrick
25 minutes ago, southcap said:

Why bother with gay rights in this country when other countries still execute gay people?

Yep, that analogy works! :vrface:

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I think we can safely say that Lennon was a contributor in life.

The great stimulator of the economy that was John Lennon.

7 minutes ago, southcap said:

John Lennon barely worked a day in his life.

****ing work shy hippie *****.

Behave, please.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

And this country does just fine for pollution.  It may be wise for them to look a lot further East to see where the real issues lie.

You know I8, you don't need people above you giving you permission to do everything in life.

Humans have free will. Not everybody holds their hand up to ask to go to the toilet.

5 minutes ago, southcap said:

You know I8, you don't need people above you giving you permission to do everything in life.

Humans have free will. Not everybody holds their hand up to ask to go to the toilet.

Since when was a whole bunch of clones meeting up at a place because a hashtag told them to free will?

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, southcap said:

It works perfectly.

How? Do gay rights in the Middle East have knock on effects in the UK? No.

Does China burning coal have an effect on the UK? Yes.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

How? Do gay rights in the Middle East have knock on effects in the UK? No.

Does China burning coal have an effect on the UK? Yes.

The point being made was, just because other countries are worse, doesn't mean we shouldn't try to better ourselves.

Glad to clear that one up for you.

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Since when was a whole bunch of clones meeting up at a place because a hashtag told them to free will?

The same way you see a Hearts game advertised and you turn up is free will.

You try too hard at times.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, southcap said:

The point being made was, just because other countries are worse, doesn't mean we shouldn't try to better ourselves.

Glad to clear that one up for you.

And the point in return is that you are farting against thunder by doing so.

4 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Imagine how in the future they will look back on this period of time?  It's horrifying what we are doing to the planet and we are too greedy to change our ways.

It's a sad state of affairs but I don't see it changing anytime soon, money controls the world and saving the planet involves losing money.

This.

Capitalism needs to be destroyed before it destroys us. Economic growth is the road to human extinction.

Central Belt 1874
51 minutes ago, southcap said:

You do know people can be off work in the afternoon during the week and not be 'unemployed'?

And no, the message wasn't;

'did you know that we are destroying the earth, we should do something about it'

It was;

'unless the country starts taking more serious measures, we are going to continue being disruptive as ****'

Again, I think the message got across well since you're about to have an aneurysm about it.

Indeed

51 minutes ago, Freebird said:

In my entire life Ive never come across anyone as militantly moronic as i8. Most people try and keep their stupidity to themselves but i8 treats it as some source of pride. 

He clearly lacks a good education. Throwing his opinion about based of zero research of subjects.

Bindy Badgy
41 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And the point in return is that you are farting against thunder by doing so.

True to an extent. How any normal person behaves doesn't really matter. Whether or not I consume more than my fair share of resources has next to no difference. However, if everyone chose to be apathetic nothing would ever change. Multinationals, such as Apple, have changed their business practices in response to thousands to normal people generating negative publicity by highlighting their shady business practices.

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Armed police at that.  Not the ones armed with hairspray and a stick of rock, I'm talking the serious boys and girls.

You advocating that old people ,who ARE in amongst those protesting ,including WOMEN ,should be batter by the polis too or was that you just  letting out some hot air  fart gas with a mixture of utter ignorance and stupidity.

You never really thought out your above post you made with yout fat capitalist sausage  pig fingers did you. 

What a truly fecked up piece of utter dog shite you posted. MInd the old and the women as you send in Mays boot boys against peaceful hippies.

Edited by maroonlegions
SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

One that encourages hard work.

Better start protesting against automation then chief, cause in about 40-50 years the human race will be sitting on it's fat farter doing hee haw like the punters in Wall-E.

Central Belt 1874
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well my mortgage company cares that i am going to work and earning money for a start.

To point the finger at anyone who goes to work will win you no followers and just starts your argument from an unrealistic position that is not worth discussing.

The point is, that there is a sustainable solution for most, if not all, these companies, to engage in better practices. Those who work within these companies continue to play ignorant because they (wrongly) think they are alright, they are contributing to this disaster. 

These people haven't listened to the warnings, the facts and evidence that have been presented to them for years. If being late for work and impacting their pay has a positive effect then so be it. 

Ffs 600 million was raised in 24hrs for a bloody cathedral. 

AlphonseCapone
24 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

You advocating that old people ,who ARE in amongst those protesting ,including WOMEN ,should be batter by the polis too or was that you just  letting out some hot air  fart gas with a mixture of utter ignorance and stupidity.

You never really thought out your above post you made with yout fat capitalist sausage  pig fingers did you. 

What a truly fecked up piece of utter dog shite you posted. MInd the old and the women as you send in Mays boot boys against peaceful hippies.

Aye you definitely have the moral high ground with all the abuse in that post. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

The point is, that there is a sustainable solution for most, if not all, these companies, to engage in better practices. Those who work within these companies continue to play ignorant because they (wrongly) think they are alright, they are contributing to this disaster. 

These people haven't listened to the warnings, the facts and evidence that have been presented to them for years. If being late for work and impacting their pay has a positive effect then so be it. 

Ffs 600 million was raised in 24hrs for a bloody cathedral. 

I think to suggest that people who work for 'these' companies (whatever 'these' companies are) are playing ignorant is insulting.

As i8 says, we pay our taxes to governments who make commitments, we do our own thing at home and do what we can at work, and we bring our children up to consider the implications of their actions, but to suggest anyone except a small % can actually change the way major companies operate to make a significant change is just wrong, i'm afraid.

And people have to work. Not always for companies that fit their ideals, but walking away from a paid job is not an option for anyone.

Nookie Bear
36 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

I thought old people are all Brexiteers anyway, so battering is probably fair, no?

Diadora Van Basten

I would have thought that the first thing to do to help the environment is to make public transport good.

Instead it is an utter disgrace and you can understand why people would rather get in their car than a train.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I would have thought that the first thing to do to help the environment is to make public transport good.

Instead it is an utter disgrace and you can understand why people would rather get in their car than a train.

I would have thought that an environmental protest would target car owners rather than public transport?

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I would have thought that an environmental protest would target car owners rather than public transport?

I have no time for the protestors, people have been protesting since the start of time and as a result there are plenty of ways to protest without inconveniencing people who are just trying to go about their business. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Aye, wur daen sae weel, oor cities ur killin us.

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

London is the perfect target. Bring that place to her knees, the government will have to take action. Reply with force the people will torch the place.

Edited by ri Alban
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think to suggest that people who work for 'these' companies (whatever 'these' companies are) are playing ignorant is insulting.

As i8 says, we pay our taxes to governments who make commitments, we do our own thing at home and do what we can at work, and we bring our children up to consider the implications of their actions, but to suggest anyone except a small % can actually change the way major companies operate to make a significant change is just wrong, i'm afraid.

And people have to work. Not always for companies that fit their ideals, but walking away from a paid job is not an option for anyone.

It is. It's only not an option if they don't include it as one and value personal wealth as more important than their beliefs ergo making them part of the problem. Greed.

Do I judge them for it? Absolutely not, it's their choice and the company I work for contributes to damaging the environment but I'd Glady accept someone's criticism for that choice and accept I'm playing my part in it rather than hiding behind excuses. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It is. It's only not an option if they don't include it as one and value personal wealth as more important than their beliefs ergo making them part of the problem. Greed.

Do I judge them for it? Absolutely not, it's their choice and the company I work for contributes to damaging the environment but I'd Glady accept someone's criticism for that choice and accept I'm playing my part in it rather than hiding behind excuses. 

By labelling their actions as 'greed' you kind of are judging them.

It isn't greed for most people. I thought we were living in desperate times of austerity and people are working all the hours just to keep afloat, but now we are talking about 'personal wealth' as if they are all 1980's bankers. (I know i am exaggerating the tone of your post but i am not sure the person i responded to earlier (Central Belt?) seemed to appreciate that the vast majority of people have no realistic option and, to suggest otherwise, is patronising.)

How many companies can truly say they are not part of the problem? A miniscule amount.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

It isn't greed for most people. I thought we were living in desperate times of austerity and people are working all the hours just to keep afloat, but now we are talking about 'personal wealth' as if they are all 1980's bankers. (I know i am exaggerating the tone of your post but i am not sure the person i responded to earlier (Central Belt?) seemed to appreciate that the vast majority of people have no realistic option and, to suggest otherwise, is patronising.)

How many companies can truly say they are not part of the problem? A miniscule amount.

We're all part of the problem, Nooks. We need to change or lifestyles.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yeah and if we dont some greasy haired hippies are going to glue themselves to a train ..

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Greed is just a word; I'm labelling them but I'm not judging them for it.

I think it was quite clear the the post you were responding to was targetted at specific companies who contribute massively to the issues and those who work for them do tend to be very well off and those who aren't could certainly do the roles the do at a company who does less damage.

I work for a logistics business, by default is damages the environment as it transports good that previously would have been sourced locally around the countries it operates in. I'm a normal guy, work in an office, no decision making powers and certainly don't make a massive amount of money. I could however quite easily get a job working for a company doing similar that has less of an impact on the environment if I chose to. I don't choose to because it suits me not too. That's me acting in self-interest and valuing my situation more than others and future generations. I'm being selfish and greedy. I'm okay with that, and I'm okay that there is millions of others doing the same thing but let's not make out like there are no other options. There are, people just choose not to take them.

Just now, JimKongUno said:

Yeah and if we dont some greasy haired hippies are going to glue themselves to a train ..

At least they're doing something. It's good Friday and it's just as well the Big JC didnae act so selfish.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

This.

Capitalism needs to be destroyed before it destroys us. Economic growth is the road to human extinction.

Where is there any evidence that the destruction of capitalism will help rather than hinder "saving the planet"? Where it has been tried the consequences not just for the environment but for human life have been horrific. Just finished a book anout Mao's famine in which 45m people died in just 3 years from 1958 and the land and rivers across much of China were devastated. Russia and Eastern Europe and almost every non-capitalist country were massive polluters and that legacy continues to this day.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

At least they're doing something. It's good Friday and it's just as well the Big JC didnae act so selfish.

Theyre full of shit . The 1 i saw getting interviewed on tv looked stoned out her nut .. smoking = carbon emission . If theyre that bothered about the environment they can bin their mobile phones , delete their Facebook and Twitters and stop smoking weed . Once theyve done that they can lecture the rest of us about the perils of going to work

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Where is there any evidence that the destruction of capitalism will help rather than hinder "saving the planet"? Where it has been tried the consequences not just for the environment but for human life have been horrific. Just finished a book anout Mao's famine in which 45m people died in just 3 years from 1958 and the land and rivers across much of China were devastated. Russia and Eastern Europe and almost every non-capitalist country were massive polluters and that legacy continues to this day.

Growth means more destruction of resources, leading to population booms. The world is fecked. But hey you continue with the growth of destruction. It'll just end in war.

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Growth means more destruction of resources, leading to population booms. The world is fecked. But hey you continue with the growth of destruction. It'll just end in war.

So whats your solution ?

go back to living in caves , living the life of a hunter gatherer or a mass cull of humans ?

The people they were stoping going to work are people trying to create the machines and poducts these wasters beg for.

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Do you believe in anal probing ?

28 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

So whats your solution ?

go back to living in caves , living the life of a hunter gatherer or a mass cull of humans ?

Socialism!

Hi,

1st post may as well start somewhere hehe, I do not like this sort of thing. I was on the bus just going home from shopping and bus was  meant to go up bridges but these lot stopped it. I was fuming and my poor gran almost got off the bus. 

Anyway that is my feelings

Thanks for accepting me.

Julie  

Edited by SilkyOne
Sorted my paragraph lol.
Francis Albert
42 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

In some ways I agree. In the Brexit debate we are told any form of Brexit will make us all poorer based on small forecast changes to GDP growth and Remainers seem to see that as a clinching argument. But of course a more equal distribution of wealth and income could make the majority better off even if GDP grew more slowly, with the attendant benefits that would bring environmentally. But whether capitalist or communist all governments have seen growth of GDP or production as a core objective, communist arguably more so and certainly more  ruthlessly than modern capitalist societies in the period from WW2 until Thatcherism and its cousins or imitators.Changing that has little to do with whether an economy is capitalist or not . It is a question of political priorities and willingness to accept greater equality. That will only happen by engagement in politics not by gluing train carriages and other infantile self satisfying gimmicky.

Edited by Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

In some ways I agree. In the Brexit debate we are told any form of Brexit will make us all poorer based on small forecast changes to GDP growth and Remainers seem to see that as a clinching argument. But of course a more equal distribution of wealth and income could make the majority better off even if GDP grew more slowly, with the attendant benefits that would bring environmentally. But whether capitalist or communist all governments have seen growth of GDP or production as a core objective, communist arguably more so and certainly more  ruthlessly than modern capitalist societies in the period from WW2 until Thatcherism and its cousins or imitators.Changing that has little to do with whether an economy is capitalist or not . It is a question of political priorities and willingness to accept greater equality. That will only happen by engagement in politics not by gluing train carriages and other infantile self satisfying pleasures.

?

2 hours ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Indeed

He clearly lacks a good education. Throwing his opinion about based of zero research of subjects.

That's being kind to him. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Meaningless. 

Enjoy your afternoon ciders though :thumb:

9 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Fair play to them. It's quite clear that it's nigh on impossible to enact any change through the political process, so direct action is the only way forward. 

As you say though, they could be a bit smarter about it and try to get the public onside more. 

No doubt our resident forelock-rugging reactionaries will be on here sharpish to tell us they should be water cannoned. 

9 hours ago, Tommi smells blood said:

Absolutely, I know a devout recycler who waxes lyrical about her efforts to save the planet. Saying how she sorts everything to send to various places.

when I told her she’d make a bigger difference not buying it the look could have killed me.

Behaviours need to change first but your right we are selfish and won’t do without what others have. Human nature is greed

8 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Emma Thompson flew from LA to Heathrow to take part. 

****ing hypocrite. They should be getting kettled. 

8 hours ago, XB52 said:

Here in Scotland we do more than most countries to save the planet but it's a drop in the ocean compared to the harm caused by China/India

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Curious. Some other good points made too.  

Protest is to get attention. So that's what they are doing.  

There are clearly hypocrisies in terms of someone flying to attend, lots of plastic bottles and disputing public transport. 

The solutions are in technology not just consumption. An advanced society has more chance of developing the technology. I'm fairly confident of solutions but there will be areas that will still suffer from climate change. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I have no time for the protestors, people have been protesting since the start of time and as a result there are plenty of ways to protest without inconveniencing people who are just trying to go about their business. 

And there are plenty of ways for folk to ignore protests and their causes that don't inconvenience them. 

That's sort of the point.