Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• ri Alban

• Lord BJ

• Governor Tarkin

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'll be ok, I've just bought an electric car .  :verysmug:

We’re talking IB lot my good man. 

Ohh what you get? I’m looking to get an electric car, not so much due to environment I like the acceleration and technology. Though win win. 

May one-six
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

That’s a big IF and currently looks to be sending cause backwards. So on the basis you should be having concerns about their actions 

Also endangering yourself, is one thing but they are endangering innocent people. That is very different from suffragettes movement, which it’s just whataboutry that you have criticised others. 

I find it funny people talk about saving life and planet whilst risking peoples life in immediate term🤷🏻‍♂️

That's fair enough. I do think the world is ****ed because people are too selfish/lazy/in denial to take any action. How many innocent people have died from climate change effects - hundreds? thousands? How many will die? If things carry on as they are it's billions - and that isn't an exaggeration. The suffragettes carried out arson attacks and planned bombings - seen any of that from XR? If emergency services are put at risk then that's not good. In any protest movement it's necessary to strike a balance between the harm you do and the overall cause. If the extinction of human beings isn't a worthwhile battling against, it's hard to see what is.

Just now, May one-six said:

That's fair enough. I do think the world is ****ed because people are too selfish/lazy/in denial to take any action. How many innocent people have died from climate change effects - hundreds? thousands? How many will die? If things carry on as they are it's billions - and that isn't an exaggeration. The suffragettes carried out arson attacks and planned bombings - seen any of that from XR? If emergency services are put at risk then that's not good. In any protest movement it's necessary to strike a balance between the harm you do and the overall cause. If the extinction of human beings isn't a worthwhile battling against, it's hard to see what is.

I agree with the cause, I don’t the method because I think they are  harming the cause and endangering lives. You don’t appear to care so much. Fair enough. 

The thing that ****s me of about them, the most, is they have me agreeing with Charlie boy 😂

Also that some amount of whataboutry and avoidance to indulge in, considering your annoyance at that. It actually made me think your trolling🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway on positive, we both want to save the planet. So let’s end in agreeing more needs to be done, but actions not good intentions👍

May one-six
18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

what about the delays of people getting to hospital/stroke victims? or do you not care if those people die as long as the protestors cause distruption?

How many people are proven to have died because of XR protests? I'm not sure anyone has - if so, I've missed it. I suggest the billions of people who will die if climate change isn't reversed are worth caring about. What do you reckon? 

May one-six
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I agree with the cause, I don’t the method because I think they are  harming the cause and endangering lives. You don’t appear to care so much. Fair enough. 

The thing that ****s me of about them, the most, is they have me agreeing with Charlie boy 😂

Also that some amount of whataboutry and avoidance to indulge in, considering your annoyance at that. It actually made me think your trolling🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyway on positive, we both want to save the planet. So let’s end in agreeing more needs to be done, but actions not good intentions👍

Good man. I don't see the whataboutery. It's obviously very preferable if no one dies because of protests. But bringing up potential deaths is a proven method of undermining the overall message and the people conveying it. I don't read much press, but I've no doubt it's being pushed relentlessly by the likes of the Sun, Daily Mail, Telegraph etc.

31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Extinction rebellion are holding up anyone. And if people need an ambulance they move asap. Insulation Britain are the tits that are causing the shite you're on about.

I hope extinction rebellion start setting about angry impatient drivers with hammers. (Two can play that game)

I'll be ok, I've just bought an electric car .  :verysmug:

Hate to break it to you but a new electric cars carbon footprint equates to the lifetime of using an existing petrol model.

Then there is the wee problem of mining for materials for battery and of course their disposal.

Sorry you Earth killing driver that you are😛

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, May one-six said:

As has already been said, that's just shifting responsibility. And, to use a football analogy, it's the kind of whataboutery that either of the OF use when faced with allegations of sectarianism. The UK can play an important role in combating climate change. Shrugging your shoulders and saying others are worse is simply a cop out.

Not the point I was making……its not shifting responsibility, we’re absolutely responsible for our carbon footprint and should do everything we can to bring that to Zero.  It’s about others pulling the rope with us, We can be absolute world leaders at cutting carbon, gowing green, wind/wave energy, smart crops etc but these massive industrial countries need to show a real intent.  There was Russia today committed to carbon zero by 2060……really, can they not do better.  The way things are spiralling who knows where we’ll be in 2060.

May one-six
25 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not the point I was making……its not shifting responsibility, we’re absolutely responsible for our carbon footprint and should do everything we can to bring that to Zero.  It’s about others pulling the rope with us, We can be absolute world leaders at cutting carbon, gowing green, wind/wave energy, smart crops etc but these massive industrial countries need to show a real intent.  There was Russia today committed to carbon zero by 2060……really, can they not do better.  The way things are spiralling who knows where we’ll be in 2060.

I agree, but very often if you say it doesn't matter what we do it's taken as an argument to do nothing.

highlandjambo3
22 minutes ago, May one-six said:

I agree, but very often if you say it doesn't matter what we do it's taken as an argument to do nothing.

Not by me.

1 hour ago, May one-six said:

How many people are proven to have died because of XR protests? I'm not sure anyone has - if so, I've missed it. I suggest the billions of people who will die if climate change isn't reversed are worth caring about. What do you reckon? 

more whataboutery from you, they are delaying and stopping ambulances and people getting to hospital appointments

my view is until every nation especially china and usa start doing things it wont really matter what we in the uk do as it would be like putting a sticking plaster on a broken leg

The Mighty Thor

It may already have been asked?

Which super-glue do these feckers use?

I can't get two bone dry surfaces to bond yet these jokers can bond sweaty palms to wet concrete 🤷‍♂️ 

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I can't get two bone dry surfaces to bond yet these jokers can bond sweaty palms to wet concrete 🤷‍♂️ 

Eco Stick ? ...................... :runaway:

Jambo-Jimbo
44 minutes ago, May one-six said:

I think you'll find nobody on here is of that thinking, we are all on the same page, we only differ on how to achieve it.

I don't know if you know anybody in IB, but if you do, please tell them to stop allowing Liam Norton to go on TV/Radio and give interviews, because he's doing your cause no favours, in fact he's doing more harm than good.  Remember he's the guy who walked out of an interview on Good Morning Britian the other week, well I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hearing that GB News terminated an interview with him today (?) because he wouldn't answer any questions, all he wanted to do was go on TV and rant about his cause. 

Well I'm sorry but when IB or anybody else put forward a spokesperson to put their case on TV/Radio they are going to be asked awkward questions whether they like it or not, and it serves IB's cause no good for the spokesperson to either walk out of an interview or as he said today that he was bored with the questions or as what happened the other day on Sky News hasn't done basic research because he said that Sky doesn't report much about the environment, well it was pointed out that Sky has a daily climate programme, that Sky has been campaigning about saving the oceans and that Sky sponsor numerious environmental projects around the World and have done for years.  He didn't have a clue, he didn't know any of this, in fact he made a complete dick of himself by disputing Sky do any of the enviromental stuff like he'd just been told they did.

So imo, if IB want to try and get their message over, it would be a good start to shut Liam Norton up and stop him giving interviews and put out someone more media savvy, who at least has done basic research into whatever channel they are on and their environmental credentials.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I think you'll find nobody on here is of that thinking, we are all on the same page, we only differ on how to achieve it.

I don't know if you know anybody in IB, but if you do, please tell them to stop allowing Liam Norton to go on TV/Radio and give interviews, because he's doing your cause no favours, in fact he's doing more harm than good.  Remember he's the guy who walked out of an interview on Good Morning Britian the other week, well I haven't seen it yet, but I'm hearing that GB News terminated an interview with him today (?) because he wouldn't answer any questions, all he wanted to do was go on TV and rant about his cause. 

Well I'm sorry but when IB or anybody else put forward a spokesperson to put their case on TV/Radio they are going to be asked awkward questions whether they like it or not, and it serves IB's cause no good for the spokesperson to either walk out of an interview or as he said today that he was bored with the questions or as what happened the other day on Sky News hasn't done basic research because he said that Sky doesn't report much about the environment, well it was pointed out that Sky has a daily climate programme, that Sky has been campaigning about saving the oceans and that Sky sponsor numerious environmental projects around the World and have done for years.  He didn't have a clue, he didn't know any of this, in fact he made a complete dick of himself by disputing Sky do any of the enviromental stuff like he'd just been told they did.

So imo, if IB want to try and get their message over, it would be a good start to shut Liam Norton up and stop him giving interviews and put out someone more media savvy, who at least has done basic research into whatever channel they are on and their environmental credentials.

He's a prick !

May one-six
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I have no association at all with either IB or XR. I do know that Sky has an environmental programme cos I've done work for them in the past. I've not seen Liam Norton in action so have no idea whether he's any good or not. I'm glad that people on here are on the same page. As I said before I can't fathom folk who get apoplectic about a few protestors on the M25 but merely raise an 'Aw, that's a shame' if they see people die and made homeless in vast forest fires in California, Canada, Australia, Russia etc.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, May one-six said:

I have no association at all with either IB or XR. I do know that Sky has an environmental programme cos I've done work for them in the past. I've not seen Liam Norton in action so have no idea whether he's any good or not. I'm glad that people on here are on the same page. As I said before I can't fathom folk who get apoplectic about a few protestors on the M25 but merely raise an 'Aw, that's a shame' if they see people die and made homeless in vast forest fires in California, Canada, Australia, Russia etc.

Don't know where you are seeing this, certainly not on here you ain't, maybe on social media, but then again social media is full of arseholes, so I'm told, so I wouldn't be surprise with anything anybody says on those snake pits.

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Don't know where you are seeing this, certainly not on here you ain't, maybe on social media, but then again social media is full of arseholes, so I'm told, so I wouldn't be surprise with anything anybody says on those snake pits.

I think it would be fair to say he’s involved in argument no one is making. Not convinced it wasn’t trolling thats went slightly wrong.

May one-six
58 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

What I'm saying is that I find it interesting that people get very wound up about the antics of IB and XR, when the main issue is deadly, deadly serious (as we all agree). The capabilities of Liam Notman are completely insignificant, the recklessness/venality of Bolsonaro and Scott Morrison are not.

Rupert Pupkin

Still think “Extinction Rebellion” sounds like they should be a death metal band..😂😂

Jambo-Jimbo
13 hours ago, May one-six said:

What I'm saying is that I find it interesting that people get very wound up about the antics of IB and XR, when the main issue is deadly, deadly serious (as we all agree). The capabilities of Liam Notman are completely insignificant, the recklessness/venality of Bolsonaro and Scott Morrison are not.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this, because in my view when an organisation, any organisation, puts forward someone to be their spokesperson, to do the media rounds, I would guess that they want to get their message across to a wider audience, but that message is completely lost and it does more damage than good to their cause, when you have the likes of Mr. Norton walking out of interviews, is patronising, disrespectful and unknowledgeable. That's what the public remember about the interview, not what the guy was on for in the first place.

So imo it is highly significant what the capabilities of the spokesperson are, in order to convey the message, and I'm afraid Mr. Norton isn't making a good job of it at all.

16 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Also throw in the fact that their ickle wickle hands will be super soft from having never worked a day in their ****ing lives.  It really must be quite miraculous stuff.

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this, because in my view when an organisation, any organisation, puts forward someone to be their spokesperson, to do the media rounds, I would guess that they want to get their message across to a wider audience, but that message is completely lost and it does more damage than good to their cause, when you have the likes of Mr. Norton walking out of interviews, is patronising, disrespectful and unknowledgeable. That's what the public remember about the interview, not what the guy was on for in the first place.

So imo it is highly significant what the capabilities of the spokesperson are, in order to convey the message, and I'm afraid Mr. Norton isn't making a good job of it at all.

Of course it's significant !

His interviews have been a disaster.

Jambo-Jimbo
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Of course it's significant !

His interviews have been a disaster.

Maybe he's trying to get a job as Gerald Ratner's PR spokesperson. :laugh:

May one-six
26 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Fair enough. The guy may well be useless and need to sharpen up. As I say I can't remember ever seeing him in action. Maybe IB should do what the government does when there are awkward questions to be answered and say 'no one is available'. On a more positive note, it's good to see Prince William calling out these twattish billionaires who are spending vast sums of money on climate endangering expensive toys.

Japan Jambo
18 hours ago, May one-six said:

Fair enough. The guy may well be useless and need to sharpen up. As I say I can't remember ever seeing him in action. Maybe IB should do what the government does when there are awkward questions to be answered and say 'no one is available'. On a more positive note, it's good to see Prince William calling out these twattish billionaires who are spending vast sums of money on climate endangering expensive toys.

Agree, but he can wade in closer to home if he'd like; 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/harry-meghan-blasted-using-21-25104358

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, His name is said:

Giving themselves time to regroup for Glasgow 

Now that's something I could support wholeheartedly! Insulating the rest of us from the weej!

Japan Jambo
On 13/10/2021 at 19:11, The Mighty Thor said:

👏 🤣

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, His name is said:

Giving themselves time to regroup for Glasgow 

My thoughts exactly……I think COP will go breasts up 

12 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

My thoughts exactly……I think COP will go breasts up 

Old bill will have it well sewn up. They'll be far away from the venue so guess where the boxing will take place .

maroondevo52

There will be cordon around the venue where only UN security will operate. (No Police Scotland ect).

frankblack
38 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

There will be cordon around the venue where only UN security will operate. (No Police Scotland ect).

Yip - unlike UK police, these guys will wade in and kick seven shades of shite out of them.

The Mighty Thor

I read today that the woman who has over a dozen houses, more offspring than a small African country, private boats, planes and trains and travels with an entourage larger than the Rolling Stones is grumbling about the climate

?:gfy: