2019 World Snooker Championship

shaun.lawson

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

That prick Hendry said he couldn't win as he was 'gone'.

Piss off back to Ibrox ya twat featured welt. Hearts fan my arse.

Maguire agreed. Said himself he was gone. Couldn't pot a ball. Realised he was better staying calm and quiet. Felt big pressure being favourite for game. 

Outstanding win in the circumstances. 

Been some day today. 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shaun.lawson

• Victorian

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
18 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Would love to see Maguire win but don't think he has the belief/confidence to do so.

He does seem to crack really badly under the pressure.

Lot of pressure for all the high ranked players in that half of the draw to make the final though now that the rocket is out and that sloth Selby is out.

Selby should take up chess - awful player to watch

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Robertson looked unbeatable vs Murphy.     Hawkins was even better vs Wilson in ths 1st session.    4 tons in his 6-2 lead.    Trump-Ding has been patchy with either threatening to hit good form.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Robertson looked unbeatable vs Murphy.     Hawkins was even better vs Wilson in ths 1st session.    4 tons in his 6-2 lead.    Trump-Ding has been patchy with either threatening to hit good form.

Trump should have been out of sight after the first session.

Missed an easy last red to make it 6-1.

Turning point for Ding.

Have to question Trump at times in this format. Seems to want to win in a sprint, instead he lets his opponent in too many times.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Trump should have been out of sight after the first session.

Missed an easy last red to make it 6-1.

Turning point for Ding.

Have to question Trump at times in this format. Seems to want to win in a sprint, instead he lets his opponent in too many times.

They're dragging each other down.    Looks like a club players game at times.    7-7 now.    Could be won and lost if one player wins the final two here.

12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

They're dragging each other down.    Looks like a club players game at times.    7-7 now.    Could be won and lost if one player wins the final two here.

yep.

edit: the view of that shot from trump and the massive sideways movement as he hit the ball

Edited by milky_26

4 hours ago, milky_26 said:

it was an interesting analysis of trumps cue action from steve davis there. 

Steve Davis is a relic who benefited from being the only professional player in a amature sport back in his day. 

Even In his pomp he wouldn't be able to compete in today's game. 

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Steve Davis is a relic who benefited from being the only professional player in a amature sport back in his day. 

:cornette: 

Utter nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:cornette: 

Utter nonsense. 

Davis  brought a level of professionlism to the game.  Stephen Hendry took the game to a whole new level then Ronnie O'Sulivan took it a level further. 

Davis took full advantage of a terrible level of opponent. He was playing against borderline alcoholics who were getting pished whilst playing. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Davis  brought a level of professionlism to the game.  Stephen Hendry took the game to a whole new level then Ronnie O'Sulivan took it a level further. 

Davis took full advantage of a terrible level of opponent. He was playing against borderline alcoholics who were getting pished whilst playing. 

:D

Yes, Hendry did take it to a new level. Exceeded by O'Sullivan on occasion - but not enough occasions for Hendry not to remain the Greatest, which he is.

Davis? He's the third best snooker player in history. And aged 52, he beat John Higgins, who's either fourth or fifth best ever, over 25 frames!

If Davis was in his pomp in this era, how many world titles would he win? At least four I'd say.

7 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Don't talk shite

6 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yes, Hendry did take it to a new level. Exceeded by O'Sullivan on occasion - but not enough occasions for Hendry not to remain the Greatest, which he is.

Davis? He's the third best snooker player in history. And aged 52, he beat John Higgins, who's either fourth or fifth best ever, over 25 frames!

If Davis was in his pomp in this era, how many world titles would he win? At least four I'd say.

Davis was a tactical genius, while Hendry introduced all out attack. The first chance he had to split the pack, he did. He invented the split from potting the blue. Now after all that Davis and Hendry did, Snooker players are millionaires. Well... If you're any good.

10 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

I just feel with faster snooker tables, boucier cushions, lighter snooker balls and overall more professional players he would struggle. 

Maybe I am just used to the more modern attacking game of snooker to fully appreciate how good Davis was. 

18 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Despite O'Sullivan holding almost every record going in snooker?

The Davis is a relic from an 'amateur' era chat is diabolical drivel.   

When Hendry had turned pro and was beginning to hose down most of the pros in tournaments,    Davis was still far too good for him.     Sensation as he already was,    Hendry received a good few schoolings from Davis before he learned how to play him.     Davis also had the better of Jimmy White on most occasions,    while White was at a similar up-and-coming stage of his career,   and after.     

Ding is miles more comfortable within himself than he was when he first started on the tour and moved to the UK.    But he seems much less arsed about snooker.     Less competitive and a shadow of the tremendous break builder he was.      

Trump playing better but he'll still always be liable to have a poor session which will be punished by a Robertson,   Higgins,   Hawkins or Kyren Wilson.     Don't think he's quite there yet.

Gary Wilson is 7/4 to beat Ali Carter.    Daft odds.     Carter will need to be at his best to beat Wilson and even then it would be close.      

shaun.lawson
4 hours ago, Darren said:

Despite O'Sullivan holding almost every record going in snooker?

Except the most important one. 

26 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ding is miles more comfortable within himself than he was when he first started on the tour and moved to the UK.    But he seems much less arsed about snooker.     Less competitive and a shadow of the tremendous break builder he was.      

Yep. Most players' careers go through peaks and troughs, of course - and I've always wondered just what impact the crazy levels of expectation back home have on him. In James Wattana's case, expectations in Thailand were so ridiculous, it kinda destroyed him. In Ding's case, multiply those by about a thousand. It's too much: no wonder he looks so half arsed at times.

I'm a bit pissed off at the last eight which is shaping up. There's only a couple of players I like! Gonna support Carter now, until such time as he's knocked out. 

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Trump playing better but he'll still always be liable to have a poor session which will be punished by a Robertson,   Higgins,   Hawkins or Kyren Wilson.     Don't think he's quite there yet.

Gary Wilson is 7/4 to beat Ali Carter.    Daft odds.     Carter will need to be at his best to beat Wilson and even then it would be close.      

Robertson v Trump must be the most likely final now though.

(Apologies to both in advance).

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Lol

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Except the most important one. 

Yep. Most players' careers go through peaks and troughs, of course - and I've always wondered just what impact the crazy levels of expectation back home have on him. In James Wattana's case, expectations in Thailand were so ridiculous, it kinda destroyed him. In Ding's case, multiply those by about a thousand. It's too much: no wonder he looks so half arsed at times.

I'm a bit pissed off at the last eight which is shaping up. There's only a couple of players I like! Gonna support Carter now, until such time as he's knocked out. 

Thing is,    all the pressure is off Ding now,    as far as Chinese support is concerned.    There's a whole squad of younger Chinese players who will develop into top 16 players.     Ding won a UK and a Masters but never made the most of the chances he had at the worlds.     Maybe one day he'll decide to put in the work to attain a game good enough to challenge again,    but for now it looks like he's free wheeling.

6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Hope it's that.    Trump would struggle to get 10.     I like Robertson and ABH (anyone but Higgins).    

shaun.lawson
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hope it's that.    Trump would struggle to get 10.     I like Robertson and ABH (anyone but Higgins).    

Think Trump would get at least 14 in that scenario. Maybe 16.

There's always been something about Robertson that annoys me. It's not that he's an Aussie; it's that he's kinda arrogant? But from "wanting them to win this title to not wanting them to", assuming Higgins gets through, my list is:

1. Carter

2. Maguire

3. G. Wilson

4. K. Wilson

5. Gilbert

6. Higgins

7. Robertson

8. Trump

Edited by shaun.lawson

Not keen on seeing Carter win it.   Not that he stands any chance.     He's a bit of an prickly wee character.     Quite like to see Gary Wilson continue his adventure.    

Shaun Murphy will be gutted.    He was looking near to his best but run into Robertson playing no-miss snooker.    Murphy in the other half had every chance of the final.    

Cruyff Turn
3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

G.Wilson v Gilbert final it is. :laugh:

7 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

There goes ma tip.

7 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Think Trump would get at least 14 in that scenario. Maybe 16.

There's always been something about Robertson that annoys me. It's not that he's an Aussie; it's that he's kinda arrogant? But from "wanting them to win this title to not wanting them to", assuming Higgins gets through, my list is:

1. Carter

2. Maguire

3. G. Wilson

4. K. Wilson

5. Gilbert

6. Higgins

7. Robertson

8. Trump

For Snooker's sake, let's hope either 2,6,7 or 8 wins it. Or it's fecked.

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

For Snooker's sake, let's hope either 2,6,7 or 8 wins it. Or it's fecked.

???

Why for snookers sake?

2 minutes ago, Phage said:

???

Why for snookers sake?

It's popularity is on the down, it needs a nobody world champion like a hole in the head. 

China wouldn't mind, tho.

18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The table Robertson and Higgins are playing on is a pisstake. Unlevel, huge kicks of the cushions, all sorts. 

didn't they recover the tables last night or the night before?

Cruyff Turn
59 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

didn't they recover the tables last night or the night before?

I don’t know but both players asked to have the cushions brushed and cleaned during the game. The ref tried to re-spot the blue and it kept rolling off to the right. Even after cleaning John Higgins got a couple of bad kicks of the cushions. 

Cruyff Turn
47 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

4-4

Higgins very smooth 

He ground Robertson down after the first two frames, super match play by the auld yin.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t know but both players asked to have the cushions brushed and cleaned during the game. The ref tried to re-spot the blue and it kept rolling off to the right. Even after cleaning John Higgins got a couple of bad kicks of the cushions. 

they need to re-level and cover the tables in that case

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

they need to re-level and cover the tables in that case

The Internet

Gary Wilson through to the semis. This robertson - higgins match could be a marathon. 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Gary Wilson through to the semis. This robertson - higgins match could be a marathon. 

8-7 to Higgins now 

Edited by Mikey1874

The Internet

Some of the bounces off that top cushion :lol: seems to be happening to higgins more than robertson. 

Mikey1874
43 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

8-7 to Higgins now 

Tense final frame of season

9-7 to Higgins after being 7-5 down. Won 4 frames in a row. 

Edited by Mikey1874