• shaun.lawson

• Victorian

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Hendry 13-4 Higgins in 2012 was a big shock result to me.     

Ay yi yi, I forgot one! Not this one - but 52-year-old Steve Davis 13-11 John Higgins in 2010. The match a bunch of utter wankers think Higgins threw. 

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Bingham looks like he's seen a ghost.     Dott's going to beat him.

This has been one of the strangest matches I've ever seen. From about 8-3 up, Bingham's looked like he thought he was going to lose. It's nuts. 

shaun.lawson

Bingham wins after doing everything he possibly could to lose it. And probably collapsed into floods of tears the moment he got behind the curtains. Insane match. Mental. Incredible effort from Dott.

Bingham lucky to get one chance too many for Dott.    Eventually puts together a shaky 40 or so.     One more miss away from his bum falling off but gets through.

Would have been about the worst disaster since Hendry effectively ended Mike Hallett's career in the 1991 Masters final.    7-0 and virtually at 8-0.   8-2.     9-8 Hendry.

shaun.lawson
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Would have been about the worst disaster since Hendry effectively ended Mike Hallett's career in the 1991 Masters final.    7-0 and virtually at 8-0.   8-2.     9-8 Hendry.

Agree. The most bizarre thing, though, is the way Bingham had this "I've had it. I'm finished. I deserve to lose and I deserve to suffer" look on his face from about 9-5 onwards.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone play worse late on in a Crucible epic, yet still fall over the line. And him never leaving the auditorium at any point was weird too. He needs a sports psychologist, pronto.

As for Hallett... the same day he blew that enormous lead, his house was burgled! :rofl: 

Edited by shaun.lawson

7 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

True. James also lived what we might term, the Jimmy White lifestyle. But hey ho: if he'd had a Redgrave-esque mentality, he'd never have been such fun to watch.

Is there an alternate universe, where Steve James was any good? Because the one you go on about is a figment of your imagination.

Biggest shock in Snooker. Marcus Campbell 9-0 Stephen Hendry. UK Championship.

At the world's, Joe Johnson winning it and pumping SD in the final. His come back against Terry was too shabby either.

The biggest shock, John Higgins being caught cheating. Feared for his life, my arse. You telt no-one when you so called 'Got home alive' Aye, heard it.

Some player, tho.

Edited by ri Alban

Aye Coventry City guy is there and so is the guy who sits in the front row and travels over from Australia every year to watch

Fitbaw Tap (ccfc) was crying about how they had banned fitbaw taps last year.    They must have relented on it.     Personally I can't think of anything more scaffy but each to their own.    

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Biggest shock in Snooker. Marcus Campbell 9-0 Stephen Hendry. UK Championship.

At the world's, Joe Johnson winning it and pumping SD in the final. His come back against Terry was too shabby either.

The biggest shock, John Higgins being caught cheating. Feared for his life, my arse. You telt no-one when you so called 'Got home alive' Aye, heard it.

Some player, tho.

Which one is it then? 

shaun.lawson

Is there an alternate universe, where Steve James was any good? Because the one you go on about is a figment of your imagination.

Outrageous sacrilege. :mad: 

The biggest shock, John Higgins being caught cheating.

More outrageous sacrilege. :mad: Cheating, my arse. 

What happened to the newspaper (sic) which 'exposed' him?

1. It refused to release the unedited footage to the snooker authorities

2. It was closed down for hacking a dead schoolgirl's phone.

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

See yon brown against Jordan Brown...was that just a poor shot?

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Agreed. Feckin tramps. 

It may annoy some on here but I also hate going abroad only to see fellow holiday makers swanning about in football strips.

What is the point of that ? To me it looks tacky.

It is. But it's just as tacky when holidaymakers bark in English at the locals and sit in restaurants demanding egg and chips. Which far too many British holidaymakers are guilty of. 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

It may annoy some on here but I also hate going abroad only to see fellow holiday makers swanning about in football strips.

Especially if the wearer is fat and over the age of 17.

Just now, shaun.lawson said:

It is. But it's just as tacky when holidaymakers bark in English at the locals and sit in restaurants demanding egg and chips. Which far too many British holidaymakers are guilty of. 

Not seen the ‘egg and chips’ scenario, Shaun. But have witnessed the drunken shouting and abuse dished out to restauranteurs.

Think it’s more common in Spain than anywhere else?

21 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Which one is it then? 

The off table one. Sorry!::facepaw::

Edited by ri Alban

20 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

:yadayada:

shaun.lawson
35 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

See yon brown against Jordan Brown...was that just a poor shot?

Yes.

See some of Ronnie's shots against Cahill. Were they just poor shots? Yes.

See Hearts' last two 'performances' against Rangers. Were they just rotten performances? Yes. 

shaun.lawson
31 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Not seen the ‘egg and chips’ scenario, Shaun. But have witnessed the drunken shouting and abuse dished out to restauranteurs.

Think it’s more common in Spain than anywhere else?

Probably is, yes.

The thing I really don't get about many British holidaymakers is: they go to Spain to drink lager, get into fights, wander around drunk and shag other Brits. Well... what's the point of going to Spain in the first place then?! 

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Probably is, yes.

The thing I really don't get about many British holidaymakers is: they go to Spain to drink lager, get into fights, wander around drunk and shag other Brits. Well... what's the point of going to Spain in the first place then?! 

The weather's better, the drink's cheaper and the women are easier.

shaun.lawson
6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

When we were in Roccione in Italy a good few years ago, one restaurant owner thought we were German for some reason. 

We played along with it because we spoke a wee bit of the language and to be seen as being British was frankly embarrassing given their behaviour. Not troublemakers as such, but whining, complaining and generally being utter tits. 

Argentinians have a similar reputation, sadly. I've met plenty of Uruguayans who, on trips to Europe, are greeted with something along the lines of "you're not from Argentina... are you?" followed by relief and a smile from their hosts when they tell them they're not.

I'm sure it's all woefully unfair. National stereotypes always are. Brazilians and Argentinians get stopped by hostile immigration officers at airports in South America - "why are you here? What is your itinerary?" - while Uruguayans - "welcome to our country!" - are smilingly waved through. And for Argentinians here, read Brits (and sometimes, the French) in Europe.  

Given your example above though: surely, once Scots explain "no no, we're not English, we're Scottish", it's OK?

Edited by shaun.lawson

24 minutes ago, Darren said:

The weather's better, the drink's cheaper and the women are easier.

There is that, Darren!

:biggrin2:

27 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Probably is, yes.

We call them the Watneys Red Barrel and cooked breakfast brigade!

5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Argentinians have a similar reputation, sadly. I've met plenty of Uruguayans who, on trips to Europe, are greeted with something along the lines of "you're not from Argentina... are you?" followed by relief and a smile from their hosts when they tell them they're not.

I'm sure it's all woefully unfair. National stereotypes always are. Brazilians and Argentinians get stopped by hostile immigration officers at airports in South Americans - "why are you here? What is your itinerary?" - while Uruguayans - "welcome to our country!" - are smilingly waved through. And for Argentinians here, read Brits (and sometimes, the French) in Europe.  

Given your example above though: surely, once Scots explain "no no, we're not English, we're Scottish", it's OK?

Totally in agreeance with your last sentence there, we find that when we tell people here, in France, that we are Scottish rather than English, we get a far better reception.

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Totally in agreeance with your last sentence there, we find that when we tell people here, in France, that we are Scottish rather than English, we get a far better reception.

Long live the Auld Alliance!

22 hours ago, Victorian said:

I like to think that it was me who finished Mike Hallett;s career, Butlins Filey when I beat him in one of the closest frames in snooker history.

Spoiler

He did give me 100 of a start to be fair

59 minutes ago, graygo said:

I like to think that it was me who finished Mike Hallett;s career, Butlins Filey when I beat him in one of the closest frames in snooker history.

Reveal hidden contents

He did give me 100 of a start to be fair

Reminds me of a story from many years ago about Alex Higgins.    Supposedly played a few punters in a club for a fiver a frame.    Won a few and a few quid.    Towards the end of the night he lost one after becoming 'less thirsty' and legged it without ponying up a fiver.    Might have been in Edinburgh.

10 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

I'm sure it's all woefully unfair. National stereotypes always are. Brazilians and Argentinians get stopped by hostile immigration officers at airports in South America - "why are you here? What is your itinerary?" - while Uruguayans - "welcome to our country!" - are smilingly waved through. And for Argentinians here, read Brits (and sometimes, the French) in Europe.  

There's plenty of Ramjets fae Scotland. 

Early days but Selby behind again.   1-3.     Gary Wilson looks a quality player and could cause Selby trouble.    Plays right handed but sights with his left eye so his cue is around the inside side of his chin.     Try playing like that.     Nut.

On 25/04/2019 at 20:26, Victorian said:

Early days but Selby behind again.   1-3.     Gary Wilson looks a quality player and could cause Selby trouble.    Plays right handed but sights with his left eye so his cue is around the inside side of his chin.     Try playing like that.     Nut.

Selby quite a bit out of sorts today. 

10-12 now. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Who’s still in this then? 

Robertson is the clear favourite.     Only Trump or the match chucker stand a chance.

Cruyff Turn
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Robertson is the clear favourite.     Only Trump or the match chucker stand a chance.

The wizard of Wishaw it is then. ?

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Selby quite a bit out of sorts today. 

10-12 now. 

He's up and down for quite some time. I also think players are managing to deal with his, erm, 'tactics' a bit better now too.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Selby out

:jjyay:

19 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Bias commentary in the maguire Cahill game is pissing me right off.  

But Stephen Macguire did it.

Well done. 

Nice interview too. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Would love to see Maguire win but don't think he has the belief/confidence to do so.

Hopefully digging out a win like that will help.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That prick Hendry said he couldn't win as he was 'gone'.

Piss off back to Ibrox ya twat featured welt. Hearts fan my arse.

He's a Chelsea fan if anything at all.