Antoine Griezmann: The Making of a Legend

Deodato

Netflixback, 

A very good documentary on Antoine Griezmann The Making of a Legend, well worth checking this one. 

A touching story about a kid with talent and a journey that see's this kid lift the World Cup. My god, can he finish. Atletico's style was made for him. 

I have a lot more respect for the French team after watching this. You will too. 

Deodato

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Excellent watch

2 hours ago, Deodato said:

Netflixback, 

A very good documentary on Antoine Griezmann The Making of a Legend, well worth checking this one. 

A touching story about a kid with talent and a journey that see's this kid lift the World Cup. My god, can he finish. Atletico's style was made for him. 

I have a lot more respect for the French team after watching this. You will too. 

Deodato

Cheers

Tynecastlesmychurch
6 hours ago, Deodato said:

Netflixback, 

Deodato

I've heard about it but not seen it yet. A bit put off personally as aparently he produced it himself. Still cheers anyway might give it a watch at some point.

1 minute ago, Harko said:

I honestly don’t see what makes him a legend

Would any world cup winner not be seen as a legend? 

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, Harko said:

I honestly don’t see what makes him a legend

This.  More famous for his hair and goal celebrations.  Superb player though.

It’s an interesting point - and maybe World Cup winners should be given legendary status.

I think I just get annoyed with a lot of modern footballers being dubbed “legends” when actually most of them are nowhere near as great as they think they are. 

Let’s not forget there are some terrible players who are World Cup winners - Steven Nzonzi was a World Cup winner last summer and will hardly go down as a legend

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  More famous for his hair and goal celebrations.  Superb player though.

Agreed. My wife had to ask ‘why is the Head & Shoulders guy on the pitch’ when I was watching Atletico in the Champions League. Interestingly she knew Buffon in the same advert was a footballer!

LogicalEric
50 minutes ago, Harko said:

Let’s not forget there are some terrible players who are World Cup winners - Steven Nzonzi was a World Cup winner last summer and will hardly go down as a legend

Nzonzi a terrible player ?? Griezmann scored 4 goals in the tournament including one in the final. Fairly sure he’ll go down as a legend in France.

14 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

Nzonzi a terrible player ?? Griezmann scored 4 goals in the tournament including one in the final. Fairly sure he’ll go down as a legend in France.

Agree.

my point simply was I don’t think winning a World Cup automatically makes one a legend. There are plenty of better players than Antoine who haven’t won a World Cup - that are way more worthy of “legend” status than he is.

Riddley Walker
11 minutes ago, Harko said:

Agree.

my point simply was I don’t think winning a World Cup automatically makes one a legend. There are plenty of better players than Antoine who haven’t won a World Cup - that are way more worthy of “legend” status than he is.

I think you could argue that anyone who plays a pivotal part in the winning of a World Cup, like he did, makes him a legend in that country.

I don't think you'd find many others around the world calling him that. Fantastic wee striker though.

Ibrahim Tall

2018 World Cup winner

2018 WC 2nd top scorer

2018 WC 3rd best player

2016 European championship Runner Up

2016 European Championship Top Scorer

2016 European Championship Best Player

Balon D’or 

3rd place, 2016 & 2018

La Liga best player

Atletico Madrid 5th Top Scorer of all time

French 8th Top Scorer of all time

Just turned 28 too, it’s not an ‘over use’ of the word to call Griezmann a legend.

maroonnicky63

Just think it’s mad for clubs to use the excuse that they are to small, of course they are at that age but try and see past that and look at the natural ability. Good program though and a cracking player who showed a great determination to get were he is now. 

Fort Vallance
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Agreed. My wife had to ask ‘why is the Head & Shoulders guy on the pitch’ when I was watching Atletico in the Champions League. Interestingly she knew Buffon in the same advert was a footballer!

Two players head and shoulders above the rest.