Keena and Morrison out for the season

CJGJ

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Much as we like to poke fun at our city rivals over their rural training location I think we can all accept that their facility is of a perfectly acceptable standard for a top tier Scottish club.

Maybe is the correct word as there is of course no way a claim like that could be ever be tested nor proven.

I don’t personally have enough knowledge of individual Hibs players to answer that and I am certainly not going to invest time researching a single one of them.

The source data doesn’t break it down into time of day or day of week for injuries occurring. Do you have a theory to share?

i think the souttar being 'ready' to be injured could be tested - not by me admittedly :)

so your souttar adjusted figure might not be comparing like with like

ive already shared the theory in that it might be spurious to adjust for souttar (and that's before you confirmed we might not be comparing like with like anyway)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jammy T

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• JamboGraham

• i8hibsh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, graygo said:

With 11 players in a team I would say that 8% is marginal, not sure how you can get ant less than that to be honest. Losing 3 players as you suggest would deteriorate our chances a bit more than marginal but then that is about 27%.

the 8% is an average over a period of time rather than an individual game

the 3 players out refers to the second measure of games missed where we appear to have an additional 13 players not available for selection over the period - that could equate to those players being out at the same time albeit in the past

Pants Shaton
32 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Thats a pretty ignorant comment to make.  A person with a very basic understanding of Sports Science is taught and made aware that the training 

and diet regime are closely related to performance and prevention of injury. Reduced glycogen levels is a prime example where injury is more likely to occur as a  result of not enough recovery time and/or a poor diet.

Keep it coming Prof.

JamboGraham
39 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i think the souttar being 'ready' to be injured could be tested - not by me admittedly :)

so your souttar adjusted figure might not be comparing like with like

ive already shared the theory in that it might be spurious to adjust for souttar (and that's before you confirmed we might not be comparing like with like anyway)

No adjustment was made to any figures. They are fact; based on published data.

I added an observation that a change of circumstance for one player would change the numbers, a selective “what if” if you will. The very essence of a supporters forum. You could do the same with any player in the data set but it isn’t an adjustment.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

No adjustment was made to any figures. They are fact; based on published data.

I added an observation that a change of circumstance for one player would change the numbers, a selective “what if” if you will. The very essence of a supporters forum. You could do the same with any player in the data set but it isn’t an adjustment.

ok not an adjustment a what if :)

also makes my who got injured on a Tuesday a what if

think thats everything cleared up now

9 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

You've apparently defined 8% and 13 games as very  marginal

I can think of many scenarios where less than 1% is considered significant and if we faced rangers tomorrow without soutar Berra Smith and uche the deterioration of our chances would likely be more than marginal

Good try though if a bit predictable

Was talking about numbers of injured players - which is what we are all talking about.

The number of players we have had injured.

Edited by Jammy T

Pants Shaton

Just to clarify -

to have a valid opinion on this topic you would have to:

A Know what happens at Riccarton

B Know something about sports medicine / physio