Keena and Morrison out for the season

CJGJ

More injury woes

Aidan Keena and Callumn Morrison ruled out for the season

Two players who will most definitely not make the Scottish Cup final with the Hoops are Aidan Keena and Callumn Morrison, after Levein revealed that the duo have been ruled out for the rest of the season with eerily similar knee injuries.

It is a hammer-blow for the promising pair, who would both have been part of Hearts’ plans for the run-in. Keena started the semi-final win over Inverness, while Morrison has made 36 appearances this season.

“Callumn [Morrison] and Aidan Keena both picked up cartilage injuries last week,” revealed Levein. “They are both due to go for operations this week and will not play again this season.

“I feel for both of them. They are young lads who had opportunities. Callumn has taken his opportunity quite well. His performances have maybe tailed off a bit recently but he was good earlier in the season.

“Aidan looked like he was going to be round about things on the bench, maybe getting some game time in the last five or six games, but that is now knocked on the head.”

Edited by CJGJ

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jammy T

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• JamboGraham

• i8hibsh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FFS!!!!!!  I had high hopes for Keena alongside Uche for the final,

Lets hope our horrendous luck changes and Naisy gets fit for the big day!!!

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Roll up David Vanecek & Malaury Martin...

Correct. Both definitely roll up their jeans. Reprobates. 

Jambos_1874
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

What, in the blue monkey's cock...?

Roll up David Vanecek & Malaury Martin...

Martin has unlikely hero written all over him.

Fort Vallance
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Something very wrong with how we train and manage players.  We just shouldn’t be having  this number of injuries.

Not suggesting it's related to training. But the number of non contact injuries, particularly knee injuries is a concern. Surely needs to be looked at.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Something very wrong with how we train and manage players.  We just shouldn’t be having  this number of injuries.

Yeah, theres unlucky and there is whatever this is. 

By my count,

Berra 

Souttar, Uche

Naismith,

Dikamona

Haring

Mitchell

Naismith

Smith

Godinho

Wighton

Brandon

Garuccio

Morrison

Keena

13 serious injuries? I think we seriously need to review how we're going about things. Are players not being given adequate recovery time? Are they not fit enough and so pushing themselves to injury? Are we training on a shit surface?

I know most of these have been ingame injuries but nonetheless the volume goes beyond being able to just chalk up as 'bad luck'. 

And I'm 90% sure i've missed a couple.

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

By my count,

Berra 

Souttar, Uche

Naismith,

Dikamona

Haring

Mitchell

Naismith

Smith

Godinho

Wighton

Brandon

Garuccio

Morrison

Keena

13 serious injuries? I think we seriously need to review how we're going about things. Are players not being given adequate recovery time? Are they not fit enough and so pushing themselves to injury? Are we training on a shit surface?

I know most of these have been ingame injuries but nonetheless the volume goes beyond being able to just chalk up as 'bad luck'. 

Cochrane pretty much missed the first half of the season with a variety of injuries too.

6 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

jimmy dunne got injured before he left

+ Djoum missed the start of the season

+ Clare arrived injured

Edited by Ray Gin

25 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It’s also the fact that whenever we get an injury it always appears to be extremely serious - normally it’s a mix between knocks and longer term injuries - not forbid unfortunately 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

It’s also the fact that whenever we get an injury it always appears to be extremely serious - normally it’s a mix between knocks and longer term injuries - not forbid unfortunately 

For us sorry 

Is Ollie Lee our only senior outfield player who has managed to have an injury-free season? 

Edit - can't remember if Bozanic was injured at one point?

Edited by Ray Gin

Why have Hearts had so many injuries this season?

Is it the fault of the;

medical dept

nutritionists

physios

training regime too hard

physically weak players

artificial surfaces at training centre

mentally weak players

players throwing a ‘sickie’

or

just bad luck????

32 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Somethings not right. To many injuries of a similar nature. 

What y is similar about them? 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Is Ollie Lee our only senior outfield player who has managed to have an injury-free season? 

Made of stone carved by the gods themselves, m8?

Hungry hippo
18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

And McLean. Would not have bet on that!

Interestingly the lad who plays for Bournemouth was talking about his not playing on artificial pitches in his interview with Tom English and mentioned our training centre. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Interestingly the lad who plays for Bournemouth was talking about his not playing on artificial pitches in his interview with Tom English and mentioned our training centre. 

Most of Oriam is grass

Bazzas right boot

Horrendous. 

Tbf. 

Celtic have also had a bad run and Hibs got hit hard too. 

Even Aberdeen have had issues. 

We seem to get longer term injuries, but injuries in general have been high. 

This really can’t be coincidence. There must be something in the training methods, pre-season, training surfaces etc that’s contributing towards this. No danger is it just bad luck. 

Jambo 4 Ever
24 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Why have Hearts had so many injuries this season?

Is it the fault of the;

medical dept

nutritionists

physios

training regime too hard

physically weak players

artificial surfaces at training centre

mentally weak players

players throwing a ‘sickie’

or

just bad luck????

A mix of all 

1 minute ago, Cygnet said:

This really can’t be coincidence. There must be something in the training methods, pre-season, training surfaces etc that’s contributing towards this. No danger is it just bad luck. 

It always seems to affect the attacking players more than anyone else 

we have to bring through a few of the younger players from the under 20’s - I would rather we played some young lads in the remaining league games as I would swop right now losing the last 5 league games for having a team we can at least put out in the cup final to win 

if we lose anymore 1st team players we are going to be in bother - get the kids in and rest uche haring Berra where possible leading up to the final - we need our big players on the day and this is far more important than going from 6th to 5th in the league for me

38 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Well that’s them jinxed now!!

JamboGraham

Of the 31 players to make first team appearances in the league for us this season 19 of them (so far) will have missed matches this season through injury....19!!!!!

Included in this 19 are 7 who were selected for every other league match they were actually available to play in (Naismith, Uche, Berra, Souttar, Haring, Smith and Mitchell). As a result of injuries these 7 players have been unavailable for a total of 78 league matches between them this season.

I don’t care how anyone tries to dress it up that is utter devastation to a league campaign.

WheatfieldWarrior
40 minutes ago, OTT said:

By my count,

Berra 

Souttar, Uche

Naismith,

Dikamona

Haring

Mitchell

Naismith

Smith

Godinho

Wighton

Brandon

Garuccio

Morrison

Keena

so with Cochrane as well,

Djoum Starting the season still injured from last season, 

Clare (Arrived still recovering from serious Injury)

Levein (Heart Attack)

who does that leave?

Zlamal

Doyle

Shaughnessy (Arrived half way through the season)

Hughes (Doesn't play on shite astro)

Bozanic

Burns

Lee

Martin

Mulraney

Edwards  (Arrived back half way through the season)

Vanacek (Arrived half way through the season and still not fit)

MacLean (Doesn't play on shite astro)

5 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

A mix of all 

Good, at least 8 out of 9 reasons I mentioned can be fixed!!

JamboGraham

For the the 17 players who have missed league matches so far through injury this season they have been unavailable for selection 141 times in 33 games.

18 & 19 add to this list on Saturday.

If anybody at our club is putting this amount of serious injuries down to just bad luck they are seriously deluded . 

Something just isn't right here and needs looked at as a matter of urgency. 

There is patently something or things we are doing wrong . 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Wasn't Morrison quoted in the EEN fairly recently, saying he had a niggling injury and was hoping just to wait until the summer for an op?

Dunno if it was his knee, but it rings a bell. Stupid to play him even for the wee team if that's the case.

Folk getting knee injuries left & right, is rather odd to say the least.

To be fair, that's the only knees most people have!

It has to be more than just bad luck.

I remember when Man Utd were playing not long ago the commentators said Ole had cut down on the amount of running the players were doing during training and theiir injury list had started improving. Maybe we're working them too much? Recall Levein saying they had Vanecek doing extra running as part of his fitness regime.

shaun.lawson

1. If Spurs can beat Man City despite almost all their key players being crocked, Hearts can beat Neil Lennon's Celtic despite almost all our key players being crocked.

2. It genuinely might just be bad luck. I know that sounds nuts - but it's only when clubs have constant injury crises over a period of years that something more can be read into it. Right now, any evidence against the training methods etc is circumstantial at best.

Simply can't believe this.  I put it down to sheer bad luck and feel heart sorry for the players.

I just wonder if we're saving all our good luck for the final.  The shot that takes a massive selection and goes in.  Celtic missing the inevitable penalty.  That kind of thing.

We're certainly due a massive dollop of good luck. 

Only 35 days to go here in the Antipodes.  Played on the 26th our time.  Can't wait.  Not remotely concerned about our opposition.  Much more concerned about the referee, whoever it is.