Glenavon v Hearts.. pre Season

Cyber

On 25/04/2019 at 22:48, iainmac said:

That's a bit of a bummer  -  9 of us booked up to go! 

We'll still be going,  regardless. 

I've booked flights as well, if it doesn't go ahead it's still a day out and like yourself we'll be going regardless 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber

• Lfhearts

• His name is

• AW1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, AW1 said:

Booked flights for this earlier this morning. There and back same day. 7.05 from Edinburgh to Belfast then some sightseeing and culture vulturing with the Mrs then on to lurgan for the game . Return at 8.25 pm so a nice day out and the bonus of football all in one day and quick flights . Never been to Lurgan but my cousin lives in Banbridge and surely it's better then Banbridge? Anyone recommend any pubs if they know the area? I reckon we'll have at least a couple of hundred over there maybe many more. Hopefully we can just pay at the gate. Never been to a ground in Northern Ireland/Ireland (whatever your preference) so looking forward to this one and hopefully seeing some new signings(if we get them) get a run out.

Banbridge is a lot nicer than lurgan, esp to go out in some good bars and only 10 mins from lurgan , your best bet for a drink is head to the Glenavon social club, or stay in belfast and train it out, taxi it from station to ground.... 

Need anymore info pm me 

Anyone travelling out from Belfast on train for this match go for the express that misses out all the stops before lisburn. 

Great Victoria street-lisburn-Moira-lurgan-portadown.... That's the one to go for others stop at all the small station's on way out from Belfast and would add 20+ mins to journey to lurgan 

Edited by Cyber

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, Cyber said:

Anyone travelling out from Belfast on train for this match go for the express that misses out all the stops before lisburn. 

Great Victoria street-lisburn-Moira-lurgan-portadown.... That's the one to go for others stop at all the small station's on way out from Belfast and would add 20+ mins to journey to lurgan 

Just like the Bathgate - Glasgow train then

ULSTER HEARTS
1 hour ago, Cyber said:

Banbridge is a lot nicer than lurgan, esp to go out in some good bars and only 10 mins from lurgan , your best bet for a drink is head to the Glenavon social club, or stay in belfast and train it out, taxi it from station to ground.... 

Need anymore info pm me 

I would imagine the mechanics institute would make Hearts fans welcome. IIRC it's not too far from the ground

2 hours ago, Cyber said:

Need anymore info pm me 

Cheers for the reply and will do 

1 hour ago, ULSTER HEARTS said:

I would imagine the mechanics institute would make Hearts fans welcome. IIRC it's not too far from the ground

Yes, I'm sure they would 

23 minutes ago, the general said:

Quite fancy Dublin again

Great trip last time. Rumour has it that we're looking at a Dublin friendly in the week after Glenavon but nothing firmed up yet. 

the general
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Great trip last time. Rumour has it that we're looking at a Dublin friendly in the week after Glenavon but nothing firmed up yet. 

I think it is confirmed now mate ... see link above

1st July 

13 hours ago, AW1 said:

Booked flights for this earlier this morning. There and back same day. 7.05 from Edinburgh to Belfast then some sightseeing and culture vulturing with the Mrs then on to lurgan for the game . Return at 8.25 pm so a nice day out and the bonus of football all in one day and quick flights . Never been to Lurgan but my cousin lives in Banbridge and surely it's better then Banbridge? Anyone recommend any pubs if they know the area? I reckon we'll have at least a couple of hundred over there maybe many more. Hopefully we can just pay at the gate. Never been to a ground in Northern Ireland/Ireland (whatever your preference) so looking forward to this one and hopefully seeing some new signings(if we get them) get a run out.

If you've never been to Belfast before & you have the time, I'd recommend the sightseeing bus. Takes you round all of the main sites (including Falls / Shankhill etc) and the commentary is usually a good laugh. 

10 minutes ago, iainmac said:

If you've never been to Belfast before & you have the time, I'd recommend the sightseeing bus. Takes you round all of the main sites (including Falls / Shankhill etc) and the commentary is usually a good laugh. 

Good shout. Saw that last night when I googled stuff to do . Got plenty of time to do something like that as we arrive at 8am . 

• 2 weeks later...

It's only allowing me one ticket on my account. Won't let me buy two , other fans have had this same problem. Glenavon got in contact with me and the Director who I must say is a credit to their club has said we can ring Glenavon direct and tickets will get posted to us etc. All tickets for the ground are the same and away fans more than welcome in the bars I was told. They seem a very helpful and friendly club 

Doctor FinnBarr

Been talking to the Ulster Hearts supporters club on FB tonight, guy says everyone will be welcome in Lurgan and we will be housed in the away stand

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets for both the Shelbourne and Glenavon came through the door this week.

Looking forward to the week over there, Jambos games at start and finish. 

I received this message tonight through our supporters club for anyone looking for a beer in Lurgan pre match

Hi Stuart. Just to let you know that the ground will be opened from 11am. The Bedeck will be opened from that time as well the other supporters clubs will be opened from 12pm and yous will be made very welcome in all of them for a drink so feel free to pay each one a visit.. could you please pass word on to anyone else that will be coming over for the game.

Thanks
Sarah-Anne 
Bedeck Suite

For those going by train from Belfast on Saturday, I was sent this message from one of committee of the clubs at the ground, if anyone wants a taxi from station to the ground

Check cabs
The stop before lurgan is moria when you see the sign for it ring the taxi then so you arent waiting to for it to arrive when you get off train..

Good advice above

If anyone going to lurgan direct from early Saturday morning flights I think the mechanic institute club on corner of union street is opening early half way between train station and ground, spoke to them will be made more than welcome, British legion is also on that street, I'll post best route if walking to ground, bars at stadium are all behind main stand and will be open to Hearts fans.... 

I've marked a wee line where the institute bar is.. Stick to the blue dotted route if walking to ground left at train station up past the police station & church down Union street

Screenshot_20190629_203622.jpg

Does anyone know of a central meeting point/drinking den/boozer that the Hearts support are congregating prior to travelling to lurgan or is everybody doing their own thing?  

Blackshades
13 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Does anyone know of a central meeting point/drinking den/boozer that the Hearts support are congregating prior to travelling to lurgan or is everybody doing their own thing?  

We will be in Belfast from Thursday but nothing planned just see what is about when we get there

His name is
15 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Im heading here. Open to Hearts fans too

Screenshot_20190701-123101.png

6 hours ago, Blackshades said:

We will be in Belfast from Thursday but nothing planned just see what is about when we get there

I’ll be there on Saturday morning so you’ll have two days to scope the place out for the best places to drink ?

Blackshades
8 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll be there on Saturday morning so you’ll have two days to scope the place out for the best places to drink ?

Oh I've been to Belfast several times mate lives there so not a problem finding great pubs ??

hibsarepants

There are several very good bars in Belfast - head for the newish Cathedral quarter - like the Grassmarket or go to the more traditional Crown Bar and spend 5 minutes gawping at the interior fitments. If you have time visit the Titanic exhibition - very humbling - 2 years to build and 3 hours to sink and because it was a maiden voyage many of the senior tradesman / foreman were on board to check its performance.   

3 minutes ago, hibsarepants said:

There are several very good bars in Belfast - head for the newish Cathedral quarter - like the Grassmarket or go to the more traditional Crown Bar and spend 5 minutes gawping at the interior fitments. If you have time visit the Titanic exhibition - very humbling - 2 years to build and 3 hours to sink and because it was a maiden voyage many of the senior tradesman / foreman were on board to check its performance.   

Next door to the Crown Bar is Robinson's. Nothing to shout about but the back room is called Fibber McGees & has live music every night. Rammed! 

Hearts did well tonight. Friendlies are a great opportunity to try out new players in new positions. Don't expect them to predict the season ahead

For anyone else who will be in Belfast early, there’s a game at Cliftonville tomorrow night. UEFA cup tie against Welsh side Barry Town. Cannae imagine we’ll see 7 goals like we did the other night but I might jook along nonetheless.   

My half sister
4 hours ago, cocobeab said:

For anyone else who will be in Belfast early, there’s a game at Cliftonville tomorrow night. UEFA cup tie against Welsh side Barry Town. Cannae imagine we’ll see 7 goals like we did the other night but I might jook along nonetheless.   

Stacy and Uncle Bryn might be there 

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Why not ?

Because it is full of Celtic fans who sing the full rebel book? 

No PHM would attend that game IMO.

Blackshades
4 hours ago, cocobeab said:

Not a chance we will be going anywhere near that.

Finlay James
38 minutes ago, My half sister said:

Stacy and Uncle Bryn might be there 

Driven there by Dave Coaches

36 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Why would any Hearts fan go to see Cliftonville ffs

To support the opposition. 

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, cocobeab said:

Wear your Hearts colours and let us know how you get on ?

7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

FFS. Grow up. I8 cafflicks so I’m a PHM. 

I didn’t mention religion once. I said that it will be full of Celtic fans singing republican songs.

Couldn’t think of anything worse than attending a rebel fest.

johnthomas
9 minutes ago, SectionN said:

I didn’t mention religion once. I said that it will be full of Celtic fans singing republican songs.

Couldn’t think of anything worse than attending a rebel fest.

I assume teams of a different persuasion in NI have fans who sing certain songs ?

Is it alright for PHM to attend these grounds ?

5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I assume teams of a different persuasion in NI have fans who sing certain songs ?

Is it alright for PHM to attend these grounds ?

If you mean attend Linfield games and listen to the Rangers song book no.

Always had a soft spot for the Glens since the Umbro Cup game over 10 year ago. A lot of the fans still attend Hearts games and don’t seem to sing the same song book as Linfield.

johnthomas
39 minutes ago, SectionN said:

If you mean attend Linfield games and listen to the Rangers song book no.

Always had a soft spot for the Glens since the Umbro Cup game over 10 year ago. A lot of the fans still attend Hearts games and don’t seem to sing the same song book as Linfield.

Good answer .

Unfortunately , as we all know , a section of our support are more than happy to be wee huns 

Bita advice if going by train, you need to buy tickets before you board... Give it an extra 10mins 

Edited by Cyber

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Used to be a team in the Aberdeenshire amateurs called Cliftonville, who wore Orange strips. There you go. I've learned something new about Ireland today

lisburnjambo

CYBER you can pay on the trains 

also hiw how many are making the trip?  All in away section 

Edited by lisburnjambo

1 hour ago, lisburnjambo said:

CYBER you can pay on the trains 

also hiw how many are making the trip?  All in away section 

Not if getting on in belfast Victoria Street..... Not sure m8 hopefully few hundred will be over