Glenavon v Hearts.. pre Season

Cyber

PRE SEASON | Hearts to visit
MVP

We are delighted to announce a pre-season friendly with Scottish Premiership side Heart of Midlothian FC. The Edinburgh side who, of course, include our former player, Bobby Burns, as well as fellow Northern Ireland internationals, Aaron Hughes and Michael Smith, in their squad, are scheduled to visit Mourneview Park on Saturday 6th July as part of our 130th Anniversary celebrations. Kick-off will be at 2pm and details of admission charges will be issued in due course.

5 mins up the road ?

Edited by Cyber

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber

• Lfhearts

• His name is

• AW1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Cyber said:

PRE SEASON | Hearts to visit
MVP

We are delighted to announce a pre-season friendly with Scottish Premiership side Heart of Midlothian FC. The Edinburgh side who, of course, include our former player, Bobby Burns, as well as fellow Northern Ireland internationals, Aaron Hughes and Michael Smith, in their squad, are scheduled to visit Mourneview Park on Saturday 6th July as part of our 130th Anniversary celebrations. Kick-off will be at 2pm and details of admission charges will be issued in due course.

5 mins up the road ?

I doubt Hughes be in the squad. His contract ends in June, and surely to god he won't get another extension.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

I doubt Hughes be in the squad. His contract ends in June, and surely to god he won't get another extension.

Stranger things have happened 

he he deserves one more outing this season 

24 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Hopefully to sort Scott Brown out before the final.....a decent farewell to the Hearts that way

2 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Good chance as a coach though. 

19 minutes ago, gedster said:

Hopefully to sort Scott Brown out before the final.....a decent farewell to the Hearts that way

YES. If that was his only contribution in a hearts jersey it would be a damn fine one. 

Enjoyed Linfield last season

Recommended trip

Top Tip Phone bars prior to arriving to see if colours can be worn 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Does he absolutely to **** :rofl:

Any word on whether this is a one off or part of a few days/games over there?

Fair enjoyed the Dublin/ Belfast double header two years ago

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Enjoyed Linfield last season

Recommended trip

Top Tip Phone bars prior to arriving to see if colours can be worn 

We are thinking of going over and I've already been in touch with a SC over there for some information. For those going make sure you follow what BelgeJambo has said above, and check very carefully with your intended drinking establishment in terms of you being welcome with or without football colours.

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Could probably play as a one-off or maybe as a trialist.

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

We are thinking of going over and I've already been in touch with a SC over there for some information. For those going make sure you follow what BelgeJambo has said above, and check very carefully with your intended drinking establishment in terms of you being welcome with or without football colours.

I'd be pretty local to Lurgan, if coming by train best to book a taxi to ground,  station is at the mainly Nationalist side of town, I'm sure Glenavon social club will be open to Hearts fans. 

3 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

As long as it for this ↓

2 hours ago, gedster said:

Saint Jambo
5 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

If he retires at the end of the season I'd say there was a case for suggesting to Glenavon that the game be used as a bit of a celebration of Hughes' career. He's a Northern Ireland legend who as far as I know doesn't have any club ties in NI. Give him half an hour for Hearts and half an hour for Glenavon. Might be able to bring in other fans from NI to boost the crowd.

portobellojambo1
26 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Pj you are the last person I would want to travel to Ulster with, been over loads it's a fantastic country.

No problem with that, I don't have a scooby who you are so I doubt we would ever travel together anyway. I have been going to Northern Ireland since I was about 16 years old, and I'm now 63, I know all about its attractions and its dangers.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

No problem with that, I don't have a scooby who you are so I doubt we would ever travel together anyway. I have been going to Northern Ireland since I was about 16 years old, and I'm now 63, I know all about its attractions and its dangers.

Can you elaborate on that ? 16 - 63 ?

That's like 47 years

Still those same attractions and dangers ?

Been going for maybe 25 years, city centre Belfast safe as, just act normal no prob, lurgan 30 mins away bit of a shitehole.

Unless you prefer merchi hearts type club but with no windows make Belfast your base.

11 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Pj you are the last person I would want to travel to Ulster with, been over loads it's a fantastic country.

I just googled Lurgan after reading this thread. It's sounds like a hovel...at least the favelas have the sun.

Where is better to go? I've never been but my mum's side of the family are from N.I so I'd like to go sometime.

Edit: Just saw your post above ?

Edited by Taffin

portobellojambo1
16 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Can you elaborate on that ? 16 - 63 ?

That's like 47 years

Still those same attractions and dangers ?

My actual age was relatively insignificant in my reply, as in hindsight it possibly suggested I'd been going at least every year for a hell of a long time. I have been a number of times over that period, during those ages but not every single year, the most recent for our friendly game versus Linfield and prior to that the previous time was when we played in the tournament involving Crusaders and Liverpool hosted by Glentoran in East Belfast. The poster I was responding to had described Northern Ireland in a certain manner and I was merely confirming I agreed with him. However, are there still dangers, of course there are, the most recent death in Londonderry provides confirmation of that. It is always wise to ask questions in advance to make sure of your own safety and that of those you may be travelling with, Lurgan isn't somewhere I've been before.

rick witter
On 18/04/2019 at 17:58, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

No he doesn’t. After that shambles at Livingston it’s quite clear his career is over. 

heartsfc_fan
6 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

am told from Glenavon won't happen if we win cup so hold off.

We planning a 50 day party of we win the cup? Ace!

One of the most stupid plans I’ve heard for a long time. The club is trying to get rid of the “up to our knees brigade”. Hearts should be steering well clear of any visit to NI in early July.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Prof said:

One of the most stupid plans I’ve heard for a long time. The club is trying to get rid of the “up to our knees brigade”. Hearts should be steering well clear of any visit to NI in early July.

Yes. Let's stop a few kids singing songs from Hearts having a pre-season tour in Northern Ireland. Jesus wept. 

fabienleclerq
7 hours ago, Prof said:

First off AFAIK we agreed to this when signing burns. Secondly, in your desperation to call others bigots you've basically judged a whole country. We'll done. 

2 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

First off AFAIK we agreed to this when signing burns. Secondly, in your desperation to call others bigots you've basically judged a whole country. We'll done. 

Have you been living on the moon. Pedlars of hate like the Ludge and Nationalist groups use early July for their annual hate fest.

fabienleclerq
16 minutes ago, Prof said:

Have you been living on the moon. Pedlars of hate like the Ludge and Nationalist groups use early July for their annual hate fest.

You're generalising a whole country. 

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, Prof said:

So what? Hearts fans are going to watch a game of football. It has nothing to do with us.

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes. Let's stop a few kids singing songs from Hearts having a pre-season tour in Northern Ireland. Jesus wept. 

What a surprise.

11 hours ago, Prof said:

Correct.

48 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Manager Johnny B is a friend of a friend, if Hearts qualify for Europe game off apparently, maybe to do with dates.

Game will be on then?

2 hours ago, Prof said:

The world is a dangerous place, stay indoors and close the curtains

His name is
On 20/04/2019 at 08:36, Lfhearts said:

Manager Johnny B is a friend of a friend, if Hearts qualify for Europe game off apparently, maybe to do with dates.

If hearts win the cup we would get a place in the 2nd qualifying round with games played 25/7 and 1/8. I can't see that being an issue. 

If we were to get a place through the league (unlikely) we would get a place in the 1st qualifying round with games played 11/7 and 18/7. Still 5 days after the potential glenavon game. 

I have family in NI so hoping to get booked up ASAP. 

His name is

The game hasn't been confirmed on the Hearts website so maybe  some truth in the game being dependant on a European spot 

7 hours ago, His name is said:

The game hasn't been confirmed on the Hearts website so maybe  some truth in the game being dependant on a European spot 

That's a bit of a bummer  -  9 of us booked up to go! 

We'll still be going,  regardless. 

• 1 month later...
Footballfirst
2 hours ago, His name is said:

Any confirmation for this game yet? I emailed hearts on Monday but haven't heard anything. 

A Hearts XI are due to play against Whitehill Welfare at Rosewell on the same date, but that will probably be an U20/U18/Reserve side

Booked flights for this earlier this morning. There and back same day. 7.05 from Edinburgh to Belfast then some sightseeing and culture vulturing with the Mrs then on to lurgan for the game . Return at 8.25 pm so a nice day out and the bonus of football all in one day and quick flights . Never been to Lurgan but my cousin lives in Banbridge and surely it's better then Banbridge? Anyone recommend any pubs if they know the area? I reckon we'll have at least a couple of hundred over there maybe many more. Hopefully we can just pay at the gate. Never been to a ground in Northern Ireland/Ireland (whatever your preference) so looking forward to this one and hopefully seeing some new signings(if we get them) get a run out.

Edited by AW1
Typo