***Heart Of Midlothian v Glasgow Rangers Official Match Day Thread***

Bazzas right boot

Allowayjambo1874
25 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Until Craig Levein/Ann Budge/FOH start spending money on a better standard of player, nothing is going to change and Hearts are always going to be third best at best, behind Rangers and Celtic.

These two are 1st and 2nd because they spend money on better quality players. The team with the better quality players will almost always finish top.

If Hearts don't have the money to compete with them, then we shouldn't be so surprised every time we lose to them.

Frustrating as hell, but it is what it is.

If it’s purely down to finances why are we behind Kilmarnock, Hibs and Aberdeen? Why are they able to defeat Rangers and we can’t lay a glove on them? Conversely why have we lost to Dundee, St Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell if it’s down to cash spent on players? 

Sorry but thats a lame and lazy excuse particularly in light of what Steve Clark has achieved.

All about opinions.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Bazzas right boot

• Harry Potter

• pettigrewsstylist

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

If it’s purely down to finances why are we behind Kilmarnock, Hibs and Aberdeen? Why are they able to defeat Rangers and we can’t lay a glove on them? Conversely why have we lost to Dundee, St Mirren, Hamilton and Motherwell if it’s down to cash spent on players? 

Sorry but thats a lame and lazy excuse particularly in light of what Steve Clark has achieved.

All about opinions.

Spot on. 

Rocky jamboa
22 minutes ago, The Doc said:

His record since October is worthy of being sacked.

It wouldn’t be knee jerk as you claimed.

Other managers (imo) would already be away.

As I said, allowing him to continue as manager because of his history with the club, if that is the case, is gross mismanagement.

Its all moot anyway, he’s going nowhere until the Summer. We all hope it’s as a winner.

I don't think he will even be away in the summer. Think he'll see his final year out. 

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, rick witter said:

I got one up today anyway. Was free money today on Rangers HT/FT. 

Aswell making a few quid until this clown in charge is away. Plenty more to be made this season aswell. 

Show us your winning bet.

5 hours ago, rick witter said:

I got one up today anyway. Was free money today on Rangers HT/FT. 

Aswell making a few quid until this clown in charge is away. Plenty more to be made this season aswell. 

Betting against the team you support I imagine you must be 

dissapointed when we win ,you must be rolling in money if 

You have been doing this since the winter break 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Perhaps the players are just not good enough to carry out those instructions against better quality players.

We've failed against lower quality players too!!

rick witter
23 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Betting against the team you support I imagine you must be 

dissapointed when we win ,you must be rolling in money if 

You have been doing this since the winter break 

I don’t do it every game of course not and if we win I don’t care if I lose the money. Softens the blow a bit when we lose. Away against Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen are always bankers. Home against Rangers and Celtic are always usually bankers although we produced a great 1-0 against Celtic earlier in the season. But generally in the above games we don’t turn up and are beat before we start. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

I don’t do it every game of course not and if we win I don’t care if I lose the money. Softens the blow a bit when we lose. Away against Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen are always bankers. Home against Rangers and Celtic are always usually bankers although we produced a great 1-0 against Celtic earlier in the season. But generally in the above games we don’t turn up and are beat before we start. 

I know what you mean its like an insurance policy to cover the disappointment when we lose to they teams as it's more or less guaranteed against rangers and Celtic 

rick witter
5 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Untrue. 

I've said his position needs reviewed in the summer for sometime 

I just don't and never have seen the benefit in changing managers during a season unless things are terrible, as in relegation or not top 6 and losing the dressing room. 

6th in the league and a lc semi and a sc final is not terrible, despite what folk think. 

He deserves to see the season out and I see no benefit to changing it now.

Wanting to wait until the summer for a review, and in the event of a change we can do it in a constructive and positive way, unlike the Robbie - Cathro change is pretty normal imo. 

Any change we make now is crucial, it has to be planned, positive and correct. Not knee jerk. 

I have said this since December, and unlike some don't become a slavering, emotional wreck after a defeat. 

We will fail to win another game this season the he better be gone in the summer. He is taking us nowhere. The football is terrible. We don’t attack. Only play to stop other teams playing. It’s more like a form of rugby. 

rick witter
5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

His INSTRUCTIONS were to NOT let all these things happen and they did.

He is saying we need to cut all of these things and we didn't.

So the players failed to carry these things they were told by their boss so like all bosses the buck stops wih him.

The players were lethargic and unmotivated in the opening half hour.

Its part of his job to motivate them as a manager and it didn't happen.

At his press conference he said he didn't want all these things to happen and they did.

So the players failed to do what he asked of them once again.

Really cant be bothered arguing I have my views and you have your views of how it was interpretated.

Its a forum and we all have our own views.

Yes the players have to take some of the blame along with the manager but his interview he said he wanted all these errors to stop and they didn't or were we great in the first 30 mins

Spot on. Rangers were up for it from the start and wanted to win for their supporters even though they have nothing to play for. We simply looked lazy and like we could not be arsed. Even though there are cup final places to play for. 

18 hours ago, The Doc said:

His record since October is worthy of being sacked.

It wouldn’t be knee jerk as you claimed.

Other managers (imo) would already be away.

As I said, allowing him to continue as manager because of his history with the club, if that is the case, is gross mismanagement.

Its all moot anyway, he’s going nowhere until the Summer. We all hope it’s as a winner.

All of this. Averaging a point a game over (25/26/inset number of choice games) is laughably poor, and CL couldn't improve that poor average against the bottom teams.  But hey, sacking a manager in mid season for that return is not a good thing apparently, forgetting he was never supposed to be the manager in the first place. The board better have a strategy in place for what is happening next season PDQ and that should include CL continuing on his current trajectory, cup win or not, sees him out the door.  Hopefully the  board are currently considering replacements beyond their own front door.

132goals1958

I have intense dislike for Sevco and it irks me greatly that we are one of the 3 teams  that have not taken points of them this season.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
22 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That’s just his normal goal celebration, wouldn’t get excited about it.

He didn't do it after any of these goals.

heartandsoul
21 hours ago, The Doc said:

Aye I’ve read your position on matters once or twice before.

I want us to have the best opportunity of winning the cup. It’s my view that would be with Levein leaving the club asap.

I know it isn’t going to happen but come the Summer I fear we’ll be wishing it had.

There would be nothing knee jerk about CL leaving the club tonight given the run of form we are on.

In fact to go further, it’s my belief that had this been another manager other than Craig Levein  he’d already be away.

Allowing Craig Levein to continue because he is Craig Levein first and foremost is gross mismanagement from the board.

Excellent post.

22 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You accelerate change by changing ownership.

We are planning to change ownership - but it won't change anything

I watched The Rangers warm-up and found it to be much better structured. The midfield and attacking players worked on quick fast forward moving patterns before shooting in on goal where we were doing the normal 5 v 5 with a player at each end in the box shape. All well and good but it was all too compact and no end product.

I am sure that the team is being over coached and have lost their ability to think as everything is drilled into them.

I also watch Defoe closely and he kept a fair bit of space between himself and the defenders whereas Uche gets as close to two or three defenders as possible and thrives on the physical battle and as much as it is impressive when he battles through half the team, invariably there is no end product. I would like to see Uche give himself a bit of space to turn and play in other players..... Maybe it's not his style..

Also at the start  of the season we kept the ball on the deck and played some great football! Now we have defenders who think they can pass 60 yards every time they get the ball. Our midfielders were all over the place trying to get the ball but got a sore neck watching it fly over their heads. I want to see the ball played on the ground with the midfield running forward and creating chances - which is what we did in the first five games so no reason they cannot do it now.

Finally i want to see a settled team (injuries apart) a team that work well together.

OmiyaHearts

Form guide last six matches.

Hibernian 12

Celtic 12

Rangers 11

Kilmarnock 11

Aberdeen 11

St.Johnstone 9

Livingston 8

Motherwell 7

St.Mirren 7

Hearts 6

Hamilton 5

Dundee 0

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, jambali said:

We are planning to change ownership - but it won't change anything

I'm willing to bet both Levein and Budge leave when the FoH deal is completed.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm willing to bet both Levein and Budge leave when the FoH deal is completed.

I like an optimist!!

Bridge of Djoum
18 hours ago, rick witter said:

Spot on. Rangers were up for it from the start and wanted to win for their supporters even though they have nothing to play for. We simply looked lazy and like we could not be arsed. Even though there are cup final places to play for. 

Any news on your missing line? Can we see the winning slip?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, jambali said:

I like an optimist!!

In Levein's case, I think he will step down at the end of the season. In Budge's case, I think the hassle she is about to receive from angry fans will make her wonder why she bothered.

18 hours ago, rick witter said:

For the. First time ever, I agree with you.

it would help if their was a leader on the field.

Debate is good but futile regarding Craig's future in the short to medium term . 

He has already stated he is going nowhere and is planning for next season . There is zero chance of Ann removing him in the short to medium term regardless of results to the end of the season and including a pasting in the cup final. 

Recruitment ,apart from a couple of exceptions. has been utterly horrendous under Craig ,Not just in terms of skill level but also in terms of character. We have zero leaders on the park with the exception of Naisy. 

But for a lucky cup draw of epic preportions  this season would have been another shocker on the footballing side . 

The choice we all have is whether to renew or not . I don't think anyone could point the finger at any fan opting for the latter . 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

In Levein's case, I think he will step down at the end of the season. In Budge's case, I think the hassle she is about to receive from angry fans will make her wonder why she bothered.

I think she still has a lot of support among fans, CL 0n the other hand...

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think they'll leave together at the end of next season.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Section N was empty yesterday. Were they showing their true colours by being in the huns end??? 

Top bantz mate. Very original. 

Jasonauskas
20 hours ago, rick witter said:

We will fail to win another game this season the he better be gone in the summer. He is taking us nowhere. The football is terrible. We don’t attack. Only play to stop other teams playing. It’s more like a form of rugby. 

Levein will be here next year, he can do no wrong in Budges eye, season tickets will be similar to this year so she won’t panic.

we will have to wait until FOH take over before anything changes, Levein thinks we are doing grand.

rick witter
19 minutes ago, Jasonauskas said:

Levein will be here next year, he can do no wrong in Budges eye, season tickets will be similar to this year so she won’t panic.

we will have to wait until FOH take over before anything changes, Levein thinks we are doing grand.

Levein is a tosser  pure and simple 

Edited by rick witter

Jasonauskas
4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Levein is a tosser  pure and simple 

He is in denial, he has gone as far as he is able to and everyone and their dug can see this.  

He is an old guy who needs to be told that “last orders” has been called and it’s time to go home.

Edited by Jasonauskas

rick witter
18 minutes ago, Jasonauskas said:

He is in denial, he has gone as far as he is able to and everyone and their dug can see this.  

He is an old guy who needs to be told that “last orders” has been called and it’s time to go home.

The fans need to make it happen. I for one will be making sure my feelings are known 

Jasonauskas
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

The fans need to make it happen. I for one will be making sure my feelings are known 

There lies the problem, Anne Budge will not listen to the fans, she never has.

Levein  has his finger in all the pies and he will only go when he wants to. We will continue to buy season tickets in similar numbers, the only changes that Budge makes are those that cause her embarrassment in the media.

When we get beaten next week at Fester Road,  Levein will talk about the positives that he saw and then say the players are focused on the games ahead and we’ve a cup final etc..

We will likely end up with less points at the seasons end than 9th placed Livingston 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2019 at 04:40, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Lol, so many options. 

Sevco

Deadco

The rangers

Rangers

Glasgow rangers

Queens 11

The peepuls 11

Steven Gerrards rangers

Newco

Rangers mk ii

Loyalist 11

I went the classic route. 

My preferred name is the right hand end of the same turd....Almost poetic.

Govan makes Lochend seem like a quiet old people’s home.

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, TNCASTLE said:

My preferred name is the right hand end of the same turd....Almost poetic.

Govan makes Lochend seem like a quiet old people’s home.

Arsecheek is my favourite.