Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• GYL

• 132goals1958

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who is Iceland manager.(No the shoap). I'll take him or King Kenny, but Stevie Clarke will do.

The shop has done very well in recent years by the way.

Decent shout for another project stuck in the past with some uninspiring  products.

41 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Slaven Bilic?

that's who i wanted last time, he was interested last time around anyway.

Don't think Clarke will take it and there is no other Scottish manager i really want.

Was watching Sky earlier and Charlie "fuc**n" Nicholas was promoting his mate Malky McKay for the gig.....Jesus wept. Also went on about lack of real talent or quality.....got me thinking.... from back to front I think we have real good quality young players available...Souttar, McKenna,Robertson, Tierney,  Armstrong,  Fraser, McGregor, Forrest, McTominay then try to attract McArthur,Snodrass back and hope McBurnie or Burke become goal machines, think a good upbeat positive coach could make us a real good team. McLeish, Grant and McFadden were not good enough.

The Internet

I'm sure someone posted a full list of the favourites after the Kazakhstan game and it was the most depressing selection of people in the history of football management. I have zero hope of anything interesting happening. 

1 hour ago, GYL said:

Was watching Sky earlier and Charlie "fuc**n" Nicholas was promoting his mate Malky McKay for the gig.....Jesus wept. Also went on about lack of real talent or quality.....got me thinking.... from back to front I think we have real good quality young players available...Souttar, McKenna,Robertson, Tierney,  Armstrong,  Fraser, McGregor, Forrest, McTominay then try to attract McArthur,Snodrass back and hope McBurnie or Burke become goal machines, think a good upbeat positive coach could make us a real good team. McLeish, Grant and McFadden were not good enough.

Absolutely, if you look at the most recent Northern Ireland Squad as see what Michael O’Neill has achieved with the players he has at his disposal we can’t really use lack of quality as an excuse.

From hearing some of the behind the scenes stories about McLeish and some of the players like McGregor and Snoddy it was never going to work long term.

Need someone in with fresh ideas, preferably a foreigner who will get all the players desperate to play for Scotland again.

There is a £10 million qualification bonus if we reach Euro 2020 so hope the SFA show some ambition. We can’t host a Euros and not be a playing in it 

McCoist has basically nothing on his CV. Wasted his clubs 'war chest' pumping plumbers and posties in the 3rd division. 

Should never be offered what is supposed to be the most prestigious job in the country. 

Give it to someone outside of Scotland. Clearly our vision of football is lacking. 

I do think though, that until there is serious change within the SFA we're going to be served up more BS year after year until the fans actually take a stand against them. 

51 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Absolutely, if you look at the most recent Northern Ireland Squad as see what Michael O’Neill has achieved with the players he has at his disposal we can’t really use lack of quality as an excuse.

From hearing some of the behind the scenes stories about McLeish and some of the players like McGregor and Snoddy it was never going to work long term.

Need someone in with fresh ideas, preferably a foreigner who will get all the players desperate to play for Scotland again.

There is a £10 million qualification bonus if we reach Euro 2020 so hope the SFA show some ambition. We can’t host a Euros and not be a playing in it 

Not sure a foreign manager could motivate the likes of Snodgrass or McArthur tbh, although i think Wagner would be a very exciting prospect i doubt he would be interested.

Moyes i think would lift everyone but i fear he'd do what McLeish done first time around and eff off to the first EPL struggler that lifted there skirt....

shaun.lawson

Roll up, roll up, who's next for the poisoned chalice? The successful candidate will:

- Be given time... until they lose to anyone. At which point, the media will make excuses if they're Old Firm-connected, go to town on them if they're not, and chase them out of the country if they're foreign.

- Be given free rein over the squad... as long as it's Old Firm-dominated, that is.

- Be expected to wax lyrical at the first press conference about exciting, attractive football - before telling the players that being 'hard tae beat' is the only thing that matters.

- Be expected to call out diving opponents as 'cheats' - because guid honest Scottish laddies would never do such a thing.

- Be expected to have their only decent players removed from the squad at the drop of a hat by club managers (especially Old Firm managers).

- Be paid with a 'competitive' salary; competitive, that is, with Luxembourg.

- Be expected to report to the worst association and administrators in Christendom.

- Be expected to answer questions from the worst football pundits in Christendom: most of whom will act like they could do a better job.

- Be fired when they fail to qualify for the next major tournament. 

I can't see Clarke taking it. I can't see Bilic being interested. Collins was my shout before Strachan got the gig but the game's probably passed him by now. 

David Moyes: come on down! Your adoring public awaits.

adambraejambo

They must of had talks right after the San Marino game. Even on flight home they could have came to conclusion he had to go. That was weeks ago. I am sure our forward thinking SFA have already approached someone and had a favourable response.  Hence why they sack him today (Obv tongue in cheek with forward thinking bit) 

McLeish is finished. An absolute dinosaur that knew he was finished. 

I would be absolutely gobsmacked if a) he wanted to manage again or b) any club took the risk.

disastrous appointment from the off. The beaks who sacked Strapon to be replaced by McLeish are hugely culpable and should go as well.

Not sure if been mentioned but what's the story behind this picture on the BBC Scottish Football home page?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEoEJtPsLjFzffsBJcOK1

Isn't that McLeish with his boss? Seems a little full on. This whole thing seems to have been cronyism at its worse.

Has Davie Robertson been mentioned? He has succeeded despite living and working in a city torn apart by sectarian violence....

shaun.lawson
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This whole thing seems to have been cronyism at its worse.

Scottish football - and especially, the SFA - for the last 30 years and more summed up in one sentence.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Obviously no crimes have been committed - but the cronyism runs so deep, I think the Scottish government should get involved.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
3 hours ago, GYL said:

Exactly this. It was underachievement with that squad pure and simple. It is actually a good squad as displayed above-far better than Northern Ireland’s for example. We need to ask why they aren’t performing? It’s either down to the commitment of the players or the manager and I think it’s a bit of both. There are a lot of call offs from this group of players.

1 minute ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Exactly this. It was underachievement with that squad pure and simple. It is actually a good squad as displayed above-far better than Northern Ireland’s for example. We need to ask why they aren’t performing? It’s either down to the commitment of the players or the manager and I think it’s a bit of both. There are a lot of call offs from this group of players.

Firstly agreed, think we have many players of better quality than NI and taking Bale out the equation better than Wales and they got to the ****in semi finals of the Euros FFS.

Second part only the players can look at themselves and decide....has Bale ever pulled out of a Wales squad without being really injured....how many England players don't turn up for friendly's ....does Suarez travel to Uruguay for a wee gig or Messi ever say no to Argentina ( retired now i think?).

Only in Scotland is it considered OK to pull out of your national team squad in favour of your club and only because of 2 teams and a sycophantic SMSM.

Whoever takes over has got a tough run of games ahead of them. Particularly on 9/9...

They're a dangerous lot, that BEGLIUM! 

:cornette:

1452931137_ScreenShot2019-04-18at21_12_01.thumb.png.b00ef32151b51113a21adfb294bba8fc.png

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I don't like to see anybody lose their job, but the guy isn't well.

I always see this after Managers lose their jobs, but I'm not sure why given he will still get paid the value of his contract. Somewhere north of £750k over the next 18months. I can think of people to feel sorrier for.

56 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I think the Scottish government should get involved.

If Scottish Government got involved in this way FIFA would suspend Scotland from international football. Previously happened to teams like Kuwait, Sierra Leone and Pakistan.

Glad to see McLeish gone, but today is the kind of day that reminds me why I wish there were more independent journalists and less current and former players and managers working as football pundits. Listening to various out of work managers defend McLeish is nauseating.

Oh and on Radio Scotland Neil Lennon was being talked up as the perfect candidate!

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, Herbert said:

Give it to vern cotter, He fixed Scottish rugby.

Fern Cotton more appropriate for the Scotland football team !!!

Watt-Zeefuik

McInnes and Moyes would both be good picks, but I can't see past Clarke. Picking OF retreads is the worst of all possible moves -- to manage the OF in Scotland is to manage from a position of strength at all times, then take moonshots at bigger fish in Europe. Absolutely the wrong skill set for Scotland. Kilmarnock's position in the top tier is near enough to Scotland trying to get qualification to a major tournament. You have to beat teams at your level and below, then steal points off the big boys on a regular basis. He's excelled at that.

9 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Roll up, roll up, who's next for the poisoned chalice? The successful candidate will:

- Be given time... until they lose to anyone. At which point, the media will make excuses if they're Old Firm-connected, go to town on them if they're not, and chase them out of the country if they're foreign.

- Be given free rein over the squad... as long as it's Old Firm-dominated, that is.

- Be expected to wax lyrical at the first press conference about exciting, attractive football - before telling the players that being 'hard tae beat' is the only thing that matters.

- Be expected to call out diving opponents as 'cheats' - because guid honest Scottish laddies would never do such a thing.

- Be expected to have their only decent players removed from the squad at the drop of a hat by club managers (especially Old Firm managers).

- Be paid with a 'competitive' salary; competitive, that is, with Luxembourg.

- Be expected to report to the worst association and administrators in Christendom.

- Be expected to answer questions from the worst football pundits in Christendom: most of whom will act like they could do a better job.

- Be fired when they fail to qualify for the next major tournament. 

I can't see Clarke taking it. I can't see Bilic being interested. Collins was my shout before Strachan got the gig but the game's probably passed him by now. 

David Moyes: come on down! Your adoring public awaits.

Stick to England. Your fall is just around the corner.

Rupert Custard

I think it will be McKay. They have kept him on for a reason. Now that the racism thing has settled down, I reckon he will be the pick. 

5 hours ago, Ugly American said:

McInnes and Moyes would both be good picks, but I can't see past Clarke. Picking OF retreads is the worst of all possible moves -- to manage the OF in Scotland is to manage from a position of strength at all times, then take moonshots at bigger fish in Europe. Absolutely the wrong skill set for Scotland. Kilmarnock's position in the top tier is near enough to Scotland trying to get qualification to a major tournament. You have to beat teams at your level and below, then steal points off the big boys on a regular basis. He's excelled at that.

Bang on

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Ugly American said:

This 100%. Clarke was interested last time but the pricks didn't even speak to him

maroonedinbriz
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

It will be Gordon Strachan.

Yawn.

Strachan won't take the job. He thinks our players are too small.

Wonder what ex player with Old Firm connections will get the job.

:interehjrling:

Edit : not really.

rambothejambo
3 minutes ago, Zico said:

There’s a reason Scot Gemmill’s 4/6 to get the job...

I think Gemmill is a stick on. The SFA will look at what Southgate has done with England and foolishly believe we can do the same. No disrespect to Gemmill but I don't think he is the right man ( just now anyway) for the job. Clarke would be my first choice, whether or not he would take the job is another matter.

Scot Gemmill is a *** dinosaur, albeit a younger one. , so I fully expect him to get the job...! His favourite shout is ‘no risk’. And by that he means don’t pass it from defence to midfield. 

132goals1958
44 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Strachan won't take the job. He thinks our players are too small.

He also thinks you and I are to blame for the state of Scottish football

Just watched Steve Clarkes interview on Sky.....think he would be open to an approach but says they didn't ask him last time and he doesn't expect to hear from them this time.....

tokyowalnut
19 minutes ago, GYL said:

Just watched Steve Clarkes interview on Sky.....think he would be open to an approach but says they didn't ask him last time and he doesn't expect to hear from them this time.....

He might hold that against them. He doesn't need the Scotland job, he'll have plenty of opportunities after Kilmarnock.  McLeish should have walked immediately after that San Marino game and the SFA should've been knocking on Clarke's door that week, with a view of him starting at the end of the season. 

For me, I can see Gemmil or Mackay being offered it. Again, the over riding issue is the dinosaurs at the SFA. It's not changing anytime soon. 

The Treasurer

While this is still big news it's hardly been the headline grabber it would have been in years gone by.

That just shows how indifferent most people have become to the national team.

This is not down to the players or maybe even the puppet put in as manager, it's mostly down to the inept way that the game is run in this country.

Nothing is going to change, the same dinosaurs will continue to appoint a "safe" stooge from their wee pool of ex-OF connected nobodies. They will inevitably fail and be replaced with the next one.

Meanwhile those really responsible will continue to feed from the trough while dragging our game further down into the gutter.

20 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Jokanovic - Half way there with the name :)

Dunno if we've the financial clout for some of these names but I'll throw in

Pal Dardai

He's leaving Hertha Berlin and he done a decent job while managing Hungary national team.

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

He might hold that against them. He doesn't need the Scotland job, he'll have plenty of opportunities after Kilmarnock.  McLeish should have walked immediately after that San Marino game and the SFA should've been knocking on Clarke's door that week, with a view of him starting at the end of the season. 

For me, I can see Gemmil or Mackay being offered it. Again, the over riding issue is the dinosaurs at the SFA. It's not changing anytime soon. 

Clarke is already being mentioned in connection with Fulham

Sadly a newly relegated English club is a more attractive job than the national job of his own country

Cruyff Turn
23 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Clarke is already being mentioned in connection with Fulham

Sadly a newly relegated English club is a more attractive job than the national job of his own country

He wants it, go and get him SFA

jack D and coke
18 hours ago, GYL said:

I’d quite like McFadden to get some part to play again. When he’s guest on things he tends to speak sense and he’s a passionate Scotland man, you need that as well as good tactics etc. 

Peter Grant was a laughable assistant for me though, it’s embarrasijg how they have to have a ex hun manager with an ex tim assistant or vice versa. What a ****ing shower honestly. 

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Barton may be available soon, best not to make any rash moves....

He would have us punching above our weight no doubt ??.

21 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Yogi Hughes being put forward... really?

Does it really need to be a Scottish coach every time? (Although we did go for O'Neill last time) how serious they were in trying is another question. 

Reminds me of that famous quote by Einstein about the definition of insanity.

Any manager who is out of work will be a favourite except current SFA employee’s.

To tell you the truth i’m not applying for the job as i’d fallout with the blazers who seem to 

think they know something about managing a football team. These blazers are the same 

as the ones that used to run the English FA. Great managers like Brian Clough were interviewed

but never stood a chance because when asked what did they think the problem was with the England 

job they’d say “ well you lot for a start “. The lesson being at an interview never tell the truth tell 

the blazers what they want to hear.

A_A wehatethehibs

I would just go with Gemmil to be honest, he knows most of the players and will do a job. Important to keep the focus on what matters, we need to target those responsible for hiring Mcleish the blazers are the root cause of all the problems in the Scottish game. 

Steve Clarke did not rule himself out today and I think that says it all should he be approached...also gave short shrift to rumours about Fulham