McLeish Sacked

hughesie27

WheatfieldWarrior
8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Can't wait for Walter Smith, Ally McCoist or Scott Gemill to come in.

Graeme Souness fer sure.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• GYL

• 132goals1958

• Cruyff Turn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

andyscott82

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of a phrase that could be used to describe this event and the events of a prominent thread in the Shed?

highlandjambo3

As mentioned numerous times, it was a Shocker he was even selected.....l to that end some others (untouchables) should be following him

16 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking of a phrase that could be used to describe this event and the events of a prominent thread in the Shed?

Exshit? 

Thought Police
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I think the timing is perfect for Steve Clarke to be the new man (have a good end to the season with Killie) and step into the Scotland job

Think you’re right. Saw Fulham might be keen so Scotland might be trying to get ahead of this for a change.

Midloth_Iain
27 minutes ago, Homme said:

Can't wait for Walter Smith, Ally McCoist or Scott Gemill to come in.

7/2 second favourite behind Moyes on Skybet

John Hughes 16/1 ?

McCoist 25/1

Uncle Walter 25/1

Shelley Kerr 25/1

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Think you’re right. Saw Fulham might be keen so Scotland might be trying to get ahead of this for a change.

I saw that a few times actually 

Fareastjambo
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

I'm sure the SFA will hire some other OF-related prick who won't change a single thing about Scottish football.

Wouldn't be surprised!

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

How about Archie Knox?

I just thought the poor guy has been stuck looking after the youths for years that’s it’s about bloody time he got a shot! 

Might do a Southgate for us.

:cornette: another ‘jobs for the boys’ member. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Yeah John Collins ::troll::

Or John Hughes. :cornette_dog:

Imagine the players with Scottish mums dads and grannies trying to understand that strange language that comes out of his big gob.

132goals1958
30 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

As mentioned numerous times, it was a Shocker he was even selected.....l to that end some others (untouchables) should be following him

Absolutely. This is not a wise after the event reaction as the appointment was met with general disapproval. This mutual consent is going to cost money which the SFA can ill afford. In any other industry they would be emptied toute suite.

The Goalscoring Knee
1 hour ago, Heres Rixxy said:

I'm really praying they look beyond their mates and usual suspects for a replacement. 

Take time. Allow people around the world to apply. Consider it thoroughly. Try be ambitious.

It's the GFA. That's not how they do things. Polar opposite, usually.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Never saw that coming. 

Good news. 

Until they make an arse of the next one.

This, this and this.

There's not one fan who doesn't see another total failure coming from the next appointment.

Would love for it to be a "wow" moment. Past history unfortunately would say otherwise.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

skysports-malky-mackay-scottish-football-scottish-fa_3853099.jpg

Quite possibly. The fact that the SFA employed him in the first place shows that they can live with his misdemeanours.

The Apprentice

John Hughes in the betting is laughable but the thing is I'd rather have taken him over McLeish!  That's how bad an appointment it was.

Hopefully the beaks cast the net far and wide and see who might be interested.  The problems run far deeper than the senior team and have done for years but it would be good to have a manager who could revitalise the players and fans.

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Right move. 

However those above McLeish, responsible for his appointment in the first place, should be following him out of the door. 

McLeish is a symptom of the shambolic leadership we have. It’s scandalous that there isn’t a bigger push to understand the underlying cause of our utterly embarrassing drop into footballing mediocrity. The blame is firmly at the SFAs door, yet somehow they don’t seem to being held to account for their piss poor performance. Changing a manager doesn’t fix this. The whole setup needs uprooted. 

This. It was fourteen months too late as he should’ve never been appointed in the first place - his pals Petrie and McRae should be going with him. 

And it’ll be Scot Gemmill, who was a better option than McLeish in the first place. The SFA are skint. 

Hughes

Collins

McCoist

An ageing pensioner that is Walter Smith?

Fek me! Would rather have kept McLeish TBH.

Not a lot to choose from. Maybe we need to start paying top salary and attract a proven foreign coach.

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Moyes.

Agree Moyes is a stick on for the job unless they give it to an SFA man or woman.

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Agree Moyes is a stick on for the job unless they give it to an SFA man or woman.

Wasn’t great at Man Utd, but we could do one hell of a lot worse.

Cruyff Turn
42 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

This, this and this.

There's not one fan who doesn't see another total failure coming from the next appointment.

Would love for it to be a "wow" moment. Past history unfortunately would say otherwise.

You’re right, no one is expecting them to make a good appointment. It’s going to be a tough decision to get the right person, let’s at least give them that. 

In my book, it has to be Steve Clarke. What he’s done at Killie has been nothing short of magnificent and he’s done it by playing to their strengths and improving the players he had at his disposal. Which is a key attribute for an International Coach when you can only work with the pool you have. Plus he is not an OF sycophant. 

Moyes imo would be an expensive and bad appointment. Paul Lambert, I don’t know, might be good, might be terrible. 

The likes of Shelley Kerr, Scott Gemmill, would be a shot in the dark and not a risk we should be taking.

I think Clarke is a pretty sound and safe choice tbh and they should go all out to get him. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

It could well go to Moyes but not sure his cautious approach would stir the nation. McLeish was a bad decision and I still don't get why a man who was out of management for so long was even considered. The SFA don't surprise me though and I expect another uninspiring appointment! 

8 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It could well go to Moyes but not sure his cautious approach would stir the nation. McLeish was a bad decision and I still don't get why a man who was out of management for so long was even considered. The SFA don't surprise me though and I expect another uninspiring appointment! 

I’m sure it had nothing to do with McLeish being out of work and having an EBT bill to pay. Nothing.

The problem was that they bet the farm on O’Neill and had no plan B. When he said No they panicked and appointed McLeish rather than putting someone in as caretaker whilst they did the job properly.

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Payout will be gobbled up the the EBT tax he’s due. 

A cynic would be of that opinion and the SFA giving him the gig knowing it would go Pete Tong so he gets 18 months or so free gratis and for nothing to help his impending court case.

I am like you definitely in the cynic camp on this debacle

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I’m sure it had nothing to do with McLeish being out of work and having an EBT bill to pay. Nothing.

The problem was that they bet the farm on O’Neill and had no plan B. When he said No they panicked and appointed McLeish rather than putting someone in as caretaker whilst they did the job properly.

That is an extremely good point but I will still be a cynic.

1 hour ago, Kid Creole said:

7/2 second favourite behind Moyes on Skybet

John Hughes 16/1 ?

McCoist 25/1

Uncle Walter 25/1

Shelley Kerr 25/1

What a poor lot of candidates.

SuperstarSteve

Clarke for me. 

Moyes a close second. 

Oneill wouldve been my first choice but considering he has been for an interviews and rejected terms before I can't see him taking the job. 

Jambo, Goodbye

Yogi Hughes being put forward... really?

Does it really need to be a Scottish coach every time? (Although we did go for O'Neill last time) how serious they were in trying is another question. 

Reminds me of that famous quote by Einstein about the definition of insanity.

Edited by Jambo, Goodbye

All roads lead to Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

They could have even given McLeish the caretaker position and got him to show he was up to the job in friendlies. That would have shown he was not and he could have been dumped before the serious stuff started. We stumbled through the Nations League mickey Mouse thing but didn't play well. 

Who is Iceland manager.(No the shoap). I'll take him or King Kenny, but Stevie Clarke will do.

Edited by ri Alban