Anthony McDonald just scored a raker

Mr Sifter

Just listening on the radio the now. Seemingly picked the ball up in midfield, skipped past three or four, then unleashed a shot which nestled right inside the post. 

Hope he kicks on and helps ICT to promotion. I think he’s got what it takes to be a real player ??

7 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just listening on the radio the now. Seemingly picked the ball up in midfield, skipped past three or four, then unleashed a shot which nestled right inside the post. 

Hope he kicks on and helps ICT to promotion. I think he’s got what it takes to be a real player ??

ICT is a difficult ground to go to and plenty teams (ours included) drop points there. Love Robbo and want McDonald to tear the league up but would rather they stayed down tbh. 

Looking forward to seeing the goal!

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

He's the most exciting youth player in our ranks.

I agree. 

Looks most ready and has something about in him. 

i see greg kiltie is playing for morton and has scored. what has happened to him? he seemed to be a great player for killie is he the type of player we should be looking at?

Famous 1874
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i see greg kiltie is playing for morton and has scored. what has happened to him? he seemed to be a great player for killie is he the type of player we should be looking at?

Definitely not good enough for us

14 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

McDonald, Cochrane and Smith are all brilliant prospects. I hope our fans have the patience to allow them to develop.

I hope Levein gives them a chance

47 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

A bad injury

SuperstarSteve

McDonald, Cochrane, Hamilton, Stone (if he signs professional terms) 

all 4 I think will be regular first team players. 

Young sandison is one I always thought looked decent aswell but not confident he will go on to impress but you never know. 

48 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Definitely not good enough for us

His dad is a good lad.I don't think his son would be averse to a move.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

McDonald, Cochrane, Hamilton, Stone (if he signs professional terms) 

all 4 I think will be regular first team players. 

Young sandison is one I always thought looked decent aswell but not confident he will go on to impress but you never know. 

You can add Connor smith and Dean Ritchie to that list as well

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He has and was criticised for hiding behind them. This season because we have a more experienced squad he has protected them and been criticised for that too.

If he is still here next season I suspect we will see more if the better prospects.

Alex Kintner
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

0_bHdq8EEUjdsf-fjk.jpg.ef141847a9deb597be28ae66a6b8bd10.jpg

Won’t be surprised if he gets rid of the academy next. He clearly has no interest in developing young players and never has.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He has and was criticised for hiding behind them. This season because we have a more experienced squad he has protected them and been criticised for that too.

If he is still here next season I suspect we will see more if the better prospects.

:spoton:

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Won’t be surprised if he gets rid of the academy next. He clearly has no interest in developing young players and never has.

:lol: 

He’s asked Ann to scrap the reserves. 

Alex Kintner
13 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

He's the most exciting youth player in our ranks.

I would agree with this and his time at ICT will have done him the world of good. I expect him and Zanatta to see a lot of first team action next season ??

Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

McDonald, Cochrane and Smith are all brilliant prospects. I hope our fans have the patience to allow them to develop.

This

11 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And this (or Levein's successor, of course)

24 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I would agree with this and his time at ICT will have done him the world of good. I expect him and Zanatta to see a lot of first team action next season ??

Was thinking about zanatta whilst reading this. McDonald does heehaw for the first team, not much for ict and scored no one good goal and he’s dubbed the most exciting prospect. Zanatta wins a couple player of the month awards, scored a handful of rakers and will never make it at hearts ?

For what it’s worth, I think McDonald’s main problem is his physical attributes which will come with age. Definitely a huge talent though, but so was holt, Robinson etc. Let’s hope he kicks on! 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Levein is destroying our youth.

Destroying the club. 

Basically throwing games by not playing our 16/17/18 year old superstars that would have us at least 2nd and the cup final would be a mere formality. 

Stupid Craig. 

Ffs

The best bit is, the posters who are crying for the youth to be played are the first to rip Morrison to bits and in turn CL for playing him. 

You couldn't actually make it up. 

8 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Was thinking about zanatta whilst reading this. McDonald does heehaw for the first team, not much for ict and scored no one good goal and he’s dubbed the most exciting prospect. Zanatta wins a couple player of the month awards, scored a handful of rakers and will never make it at hearts ?

Zanatta is almost four years older than McDonald.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Destroying the club. 

Basically throwing games by not playing our 16/17/18 year old superstars that would have us at least 2nd and the cup final would be a mere formality. 

Stupid Craig. 

Ffs

The best bit is, the posters who are crying for the youth to be played are the first to rip Morrison to bits and in turn CL for playing him. 

TBH, i thought he was being ironic?

9 minutes ago, Darren said:

Zanatta is almost four years older than McDonald.

Yep that’s true. So it would be expected that he’s doing better. He’s still a young player though, and players develop at different ages. Not meaning to bash McDonald in my post, just commenting on the hypocrisy of kickback. We have a number of brilliant prospects in our youth system all at different ages and development. Exciting times. 

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Destroying the club. 

Stupid Craig. 

Ffs

I was of the opinion that FBs post was laden with sarcasm judged on his posting history.

A case of think before you post for me unless of course you are both engaging in a bit of shared sarcasm that the rest of us are not party to. 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I was of the opinion that FBs post was laden with sarcasm judged on his posting history.

A case of think before you post for me unless of course you are both engaging in a bit of shared sarcasm that the rest of us are not party to. 

So was mine. 

Take your own advice. 

?

colinmaroon
16 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Naw!  He wouldn't play young players!

Give it a break!

4 hours ago, Dayman said:

For what it’s worth, I think McDonald’s main problem is his physical attributes which will come with age. Definitely a huge talent though, but so was holt, Robinson etc. Let’s hope he kicks on! 

I think you are watching the wrong McDonald if this is your prognosis. Was excellent last season when he played for the 1st team as was Harry and his performances for ICT have been limited due to injury but form what I am hearing he looks a real threat for them.

This tripe about physical attributes...David Silva, Hazard, Robben, Ribery, Modric...none of them 6ft plus and built like body builders, but what they are is intelligent, quick across the ground, can pick a pass.....McDonald lost 6 months of the season waiting to play, and Harry has lost nearly a whole season the same. In squads, then left out, but cant get games for the reserves just in case he is needed...development slowed down dramtically and that is a shame as they both have the attributes to kick on.

the main problem any of the young team are going to have is getting into a team that plays 6ft plus players ahead of footballers. The ethos is hit Uche and see what happens from there, not a great environment for young players brought up playing the game on the deck.

colinmaroon
15 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Levein is destroying our youth.

Irony is a dying art, going by a lot of responses to this post.

Whereas, similar comments from others is not irony but crap!

Context is everything.

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

The ethos is hit Uche and see what happens from there, not a great environment for young players brought up playing the game on the deck.

Sorry you missed the game on Saturday!

10 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

I think you are watching the wrong McDonald if this is your prognosis. Was excellent last season when he played for the 1st team as was Harry and his performances for ICT have been limited due to injury but form what I am hearing he looks a real threat for them.

This tripe about physical attributes...David Silva, Hazard, Robben, Ribery, Modric...none of them 6ft plus and built like body builders, but what they are is intelligent, quick across the ground, can pick a pass.....McDonald lost 6 months of the season waiting to play, and Harry has lost nearly a whole season the same. In squads, then left out, but cant get games for the reserves just in case he is needed...development slowed down dramtically and that is a shame as they both have the attributes to kick on.

the main problem any of the young team are going to have is getting into a team that plays 6ft plus players ahead of footballers. The ethos is hit Uche and see what happens from there, not a great environment for young players brought up playing the game on the deck.

What they also are is strong on the ball .

McDonald and Cochrane are very promising but need to be stronger . Nothing to do with being 6'+ . Mulraney is a great example

12 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

I'd imagine this is an attempt by the club to develop them mentally rather than physically, which comes naturally with time, or ability-wise. McDonald has now contributed to the first team, has been on loan at ICT, as well as being a, presumably frustrated, squad player, at such a young age. Don't see much wrong with this, surely an attempt to protect the player and let him develop properly without having too much too soon.

1 hour ago, Naisysback said:

I can guarantee any of those players you quoted would win a wrestling match against people twice their size in the Scottish league system. The physical side of things is not just being 6 foot 3 and made of muscle. Like I said, McDonald will most likely get there, but he has more of a child body playing against men. 

Harry is excellent and can find himself space and find a pass etc but it seems like the physical side of things have gotten to him also. Injuries, at times getting bullied by opposition players(when they get close to him that is), lack of speed when in a foot race. All physical attributes that will come as he leaves his teens. 

Mcdonald showed flashes of brilliance for the first team, but maybe had one game where he was up there with the best on the park. I remember the game I’m thinking of but can’t remember who it was against- he had a few excellent turns and played an incredible through ball I think we scored from. 

But again, that’s probably more to do with him being a small, young teenager than having anything to do with his ability. 

i wish jj was my dad

Brutes like Demi, Lee and Sean Clare really intimidated the opposition this season with their physical approach

Alex Kintner

I’m guessing you are related to Tony? 28 posts across the last twelve months and almost all of them relate to him.

26 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Dundee game midweek. Think he scored and maybe won motm. Think that’s game your thinking off. 

I would argue he had way more good performances than that. However, he was most definitely excellent in the Dundee game, real standout.

That rings a bell. I did only see about 75% of the games last season so maybe I was just unfortunate and missed his better performance?! I agree with your earlier point I do really like his style of play aswell.

i just saw his goal from yesterday on ilhis Instagram and he definitely looks like he’s progressed physically. Direct, a turn of pace, a bit of skill and a cool finish.