Buses for Cup Final

ming the merciless

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, luckydug said:

The club are not helping things either by not laying on buses from Tynecastle.

Never thought I would say this but I'm getting a bit pissed off with their attitude towards the fans.

If you are prepared to fork out for hospitality then nothings too much trouble but they look down their noses at the ordinary fans in case we cause any bother.

I assumed this had been discussed elsewhere tbh

Very surprised at the club not putting on something. Simple transport direct from  Tynie to Hampden and back.  

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gambo

• luckydug

• Jambo-Fox

• jamtartan74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I assumed this had been discussed elsewhere tbh

Very surprised at the club not putting on something. Simple transport direct from  Tynie to Hampden and back.  

It’s not exactly Baku - loads of trains from Waverley / Haymarket or if you want to go direct drive or if you can’t drive get a taxi or if you are incapable of organising or

planing such a mega trip to such a distant place perhaps this ones not for you ....

.... watch it on the telly ...

25 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It’s not exactly Baku - loads of trains from Waverley / Haymarket or if you want to go direct drive or if you can’t drive get a taxi or if you are incapable of organising or

planing such a mega trip to such a distant place perhaps this ones not for you ....

:cornette:

been here before
30 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

**** sake.

2 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I know someone in Dunfermline looking for two seats if possible.

Yeah that's fine, Plenty room. I'm giving it until Monday night to get enough people together.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The focal point of the club is Tynecastle.

I think supporters buses linked to bar 1874 is something the club should look at for a variety of reasons.

Nanny state ?

Honest tae **** .

1 minute ago, jake said:

The focal point of the club is Tynecastle.

I think supporters buses linked to bar 1874 is something the club should look at for a variety of reasons.

Nanny state ?

Honest tae **** .

Does the club bus you into Tynecastle?

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Does the club bus you into Tynecastle?

No.

And the club wont take me to Hampden.

But people feel for the club and I think there is something the club could do.

Nanny state patter is nonsense.

Fwuw I travelled to Paris on a Mercer bus.

And plenty away games.

I loved going up to Tynecastle to leave.

Happy days 

been here before
20 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Nanny state ...

Boys asking a simple question. He also raises a decent point.

You're acting like a prick.

Not really sure where the nanny state fits into things but nae bother though.

14 minutes ago, jake said:

No.

And plenty away games.

Happy days 

I think the club have enough on their plate to worry about transporting 20,000 fans to Hampden....

9 hours ago, Crete said:

If anyone has two spare seats in a car it would be much appreciated don't fancy driving myself thanks 

How about taking a bus ? or train ? or are you expecting someone to take you by ? so you don’t have to pay 

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Boys asking a simple question. He also raises a decent point.

You're acting like a prick.

Not really sure where the nanny state fits into things but nae bother though.

You totally miss the point ... I hope you

get there (and back safely) and enjoy our

celebrations!!!

been here before
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You totally miss the point ... I hope you

get there (and back safely) and enjoy our

celebrations!!!

You have a point?

Well this should be illuminating...

3 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

How about taking a bus ? or train ? or are you expecting someone to take you by ? so you don’t have to pay 

If someone was going to Glasgow why would I have to pay as they are going through anyway.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

You have a point?

Well this should be illuminating...

You said ...

“Boys asking a simple question. He also raises a decent point”

I missed it .. there was no point ... ? 

jamtartan74
3 minutes ago, Crete said:

If someone was going to Glasgow why would I have to pay as they are going through anyway.

Like your style ?

11 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I think the club have enough on their plate to worry about transporting 20,000 fans to Hampden....

Aye you are probably right.

Just think it's a good connect.

1874 before and after.

Going to Tynecastle before away games.

Just seems to me many would like it.

Those who wish to train or car or environmentally other models could do so.

Its called free market and opportunity for the club to connect with those who financially back the club.

Nanny state it is not.

6 minutes ago, jake said:

Aye you are probably right.

Just think it's a good connect.

1874 before and after.

Going to Tynecastle before away games.

Just seems to me many would like it.

Those who wish to train or car or environmentally other models could do so.

Its called free market and opportunity for the club to connect with those who financially back the club.

Nanny state it is not.

? when you put it like that I totally agree!

It would also allow solo fans to make connections and friends by travelling together ..... 

We are 1874 ...

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

? when you put it like that I totally agree!

It would also allow solo fans to make connections and friends by travelling together ..... 

We are 1874 ...

Sound mate 

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Your English team have Fox Travel. 

Mind you, Leicester is much more like Baku so you have a point. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

?  - stone the buses - ? 

13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Actually you raise a good point and it was made earlier by ‘jake’!

NB Fox Travel does provide a good service for those that need ‘provided’ transport and also for solos that don’t want to travel on their own - unfortunately one of the main club officials is ‘Jim the Bluenose’, he just does not get it that his club died in 2012! Actually a very good friend and a great bloke!

1 hour ago, jake said:

No.

And plenty away games.

Happy days 

Wallace Mercer might have been a Tory but he brought the fans closer to the club.

During the dark days of the early eighties he allowed unemployed fans into Tynecastle for free.

We also had a fleet of buses leaving Tynecastle to away games.

We travelled to Paris,Prague,Munich and other places at a reasonable cost In some cases hotels booked as part of the deal.

Now our club can't even organise buses to take fans to a cup final , coming straight home so as to welcome the team home , should we win.

The 2012 final a fleet of around 30 buses left Tynecastle,the 2006 semi final and final likewise.

Now it seems you have to book hospitality to expect any kind of service.

I'll be taking the Citylink bus but no chance of being back to Gorgie till  later.

Buses from Tynecastle would have eased pressure on public transport and avoided the prospect of trouble with rival fans.

I know there is supporters clubs running buses but not everyone is able to leave early to sit in a pub somewhere.

I bet we are the only non OF club not to help their fans with transport to a cup final.

I e mailed the club a couple of weeks ago and didn't even get the courtesy of a reply. 

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

Wallace Mercer might have been a Tory but he brought the fans closer to the club.

During the dark days of the early eighties he allowed unemployed fans into Tynecastle for free.

We travelled to Paris,Prague,Munich and other places at a reasonable cost In some cases hotels booked as part of the deal.

Now our club can't even organise buses to take fans to a cup final , coming straight home so as to welcome the team home , should we win.

The 2012 final a fleet of around 30 buses left Tynecastle,the 2006 semi final and final likewise.

I'll be taking the Citylink bus but no chance of being back to Gorgie till  later.

Buses from Tynecastle would have eased pressure on public transport and avoided the prospect of trouble with rival fans.

I know there is supporters clubs running buses but not everyone is able to leave early to sit in a pub somewhere.

I bet we are the only non OF club not to help their fans with transport to a cup final.

I e mailed the club a couple of weeks ago and didn't even get the courtesy of a reply. 

Good post. It is really poor unfortunately 

5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Great post. Ordinary fans aren’t well thought of at this club unless we have to dig deep into our pockets 

Stephane Grappelli
10 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Triggered for absolutely no reason type post.

18 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I should have a space free on a bus 

Just one space or more? Leaving from where??

6 hours ago, luckydug said:

I may be mistaken but in the 80s was Douglas Park not a director of the club who owned parks of Hamilton the coach company 

2 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

I may be mistaken but in the 80s was Douglas Park not a director of the club who owned parks of Hamilton the coach company 

Yes.

36 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Just one space or more? Leaving from where??

Maybe 2 it'll be in the city centre somewhere I'll have more info by this afternoon 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Actually you raise a good point and it was made earlier by ‘jake’!

NB Fox Travel does provide a good service for those that need ‘provided’ transport and also for solos that don’t want to travel on their own - unfortunately one of the main club officials is ‘Jim the Bluenose’, he just does not get it that his club died in 2012! Actually a very good friend and a great bloke!

It’s cool ??

I am irritated at the club, not you.

Nookie Bear

I had a quick look and it seems hibs never ran official buses to the 2016 final and Aberdeen did not do it for their Betfred Final. 

Its all very odd how this service has been dropped from clubs, thinking tbh

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Maybe 2 it'll be in the city centre somewhere I'll have more info by this afternoon 

If you could let me know that’d be great. I really need three!

1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

True, but the club still laid on buses to big matches and hard to get to places right up to the end of Vlad ownership.

As I said in my post around 30 buses left Tynecastle for the 2012 final.

Fond memories of the 2006 semi final buses leaving at 9.00am for a lunch time kick off. Tynecastle and Gorgie at 8.15am looked like there was a match on. Cafes on shops doing a roaring trade. The atmosphere was buzzing.

The club also laid on buses for our cup tie at Stranraer back in 2007.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I had a quick look and it seems hibs never ran official buses to the 2016 final and Aberdeen did not do it for their Betfred Final. 

Its all very odd how this service has been dropped from clubs, thinking tbh

I remember Hibs ran buses to 2012 because I got talking to some Hibs fans on the way up the town that day and that's where they were headed to ER.

They were so confident too?

If there is some good reason for clubs dropping this service maybe Hearts could explain it when they reply to

e mails ?

Howdy Doody Jambo

You would think the club could have put on a fleet of buses to a Cup Final, it's a simple basic requirement 

Cup finals don't come around every year afterall 

I used to go on the Mercer buses all the time which were well organised

and it was the ease of getting travel to away games that was the appeal 

I feel that the club have slipped up here and could have made a few grand from this big day out 

Hopefully it will be picked up going forward and next time we could have buses given player's names and their squad numbers like Man City did for their fans yesterday 

45 minutes ago, The Merse said:

If you could let me know that’d be great. I really need three!

Will do mate as it stands i have 1 seat left pet you know if it changes

Edited by kimosavi

9 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's definitely something that the club shouldve done .for a club who are about to be fan owned we do seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot with this 

Jambothump

Diggers is running two buses, organised by Kelly, both full, as was the semifinal bus. If it wasn't for this, I know quite a few who would not entertain,, self included, going to that shit tip by public  transport or car.

Still got 2 seats available, £13ea, on bus leaving Bankhead Ave Sighthill and going straight to Hampden.

All earlier buses via clubs are full.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Still got 2 seats available, £13ea, on bus leaving Bankhead Ave Sighthill and going straight to Hampden.

All earlier buses via clubs are full.

Seats gone.

Jambothump

Getting in the mood:-

The European song Sung in the manner of Frank Sinatra, “My Way”

1986 version

And Now, The end is near

We’ve followed Hearts, from Perth to paisley

We’ve travelled far, by bus and car

And other times, we’ve went by railway

We’ve beeeeen, to Aberdeen

We hate the Hibs, they make us spew up

So make a noise, you Gorgie Boys

We’re going to Euuuurope

To seeeee, H-M-F-C

We’ll even dig the Channel Tunnel

When we’re afloat, on some big boat

We’ll tie our scarves around the Funnel

We have no cares, for other players

Like Rossie, Boniec or Tardelli

When we’re, overseeees

The Hibs will be, in Portabelly.

Oh I do like to beside the seaside

With a hammer in my hand

Bashing Hibees in the sand

Beside the seaside, beside the sea

talkothetoon

Hi If anyone can help am looking for a seat on a supporters bus from Edinburgh west for the cup final managed to get a ticket for daughter last minute but cant get her on the bus am travelling with as its full any help much appreciated. Thanks xx