• Gambo

• luckydug

• Jambo-Fox

• jamtartan74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

millerjames398
On 23/04/2019 at 20:34, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Any Linlithgow, Grangemouth or Falkirk busses running? 

The ochiltree bus is running from camelon again if your interested ????

On 06/05/2019 at 20:22, Phil Dunphy said:

This is the voice of experience everyone.

I'm sure this thread reminds me of a bus that was meant to run to the League Cup Final and the guy bumped everyone but kept the money. Of course, I might've made that up.

Unfortuanlty booked this bus, guy bumped me and 10 of my mates, mad scramble through to Glasgow, https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/hearts-fans-demand-refund-over-cancelled-buses-1-2849267/amp

thats the story there 

Phil Dunphy
14 minutes ago, Hearts_91 said:

Unfortuanlty booked this bus, guy bumped me and 10 of my mates, mad scramble through to Glasgow, https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/hearts-fans-demand-refund-over-cancelled-buses-1-2849267/amp

thats the story there 

Hope you got your money back.

Proper lowlife to scam fellow supporters like that.

Tasavallan

Advice Jambos,

I recently got tickets for my 15yr old son and his mate.  They will be travelling from Livingston by themselves, however, their mothers are concerned about them travelling alone.

Will trains from Livi North to Queen St be a problem?  

Does anyone from Livingston Hearts SC know if there are seats available on their bus(es)?

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

jamtartan74
4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Advice Jambos,

I recently got tickets for my 15yr old son and his mate.  They will be travelling from Livingston by themselves, however, their mothers are concerned about them travelling alone.

Does anyone from Livingston Hearts SC know if there are seats available on their bus(es)?

Can’t see there being any problem from livi north as there will be plenty jambos on they trains anyway, last I heard there was no spaces on livi hearts bus. 

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Advice Jambos,

Given the number of jambos who are trying to find buses, with no joy, I think the trains will be full of Hearts fans. I wouldn’t worry about that. As long as they have their wits about them when crossing Glasgow they will be ok, different trains to Mount Florida and Kings Park so apart from Central Station being a potential flash point it is fairly well separated 

Anyone advise on where is best to park near Hampden. Used to go to the Queens Park field but can't see anything about this being open? Struggling to get a bus from Fife. 

I have booked a 8 seater taxi mini bus leaving linlithgow  10-30,  picking up in larbert, then straight back after the game got one seat left £20 if anybody interested.

just started another thread without seeing this....

I have one seat on a taxi mini bus £20 leaving linlithgow 10-30 picking up in larbert. 

still a few seats on bus leaving Lanark at 10 am picking up in Carluke Law and Newmains stopping at Motherwell Miners for pre match aperitifs. PM me if interested

On 14/05/2019 at 18:45, Beave1874 said:

Anyone advise on where is best to park near Hampden. Used to go to the Queens Park field but can't see anything about this being open? Struggling to get a bus from Fife. 

i would take 3 seats if any buses running from fife with space?

jamtartan74
Just now, Gambo said:

I now have 4 seats available on bus leaving from Sighthill at 12.30pm and going direct to Hampden £13pp.

Can you confirm what time pick up from Livingston is again gambo is it 10:30?

9 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Can you confirm what time pick up from Livingston is again gambo is it 10:30?

10.15. Buses leave Sighthill at 10am.

I will send out a reminder next week.

jamtartan74
Just now, Gambo said:

10.15. Buses leave Sighthill at 10am.

I will send out a reminder next week.

Excellent, cheers ??

Maroon tinted glasses 2
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I now have 4 seats available on bus leaving from Sighthill at 12.30pm and going direct to Hampden £13pp.

Might be a bit late but let me know if there are any seats still available, needing two. 

56 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Anyone know if it's a good idea to get the citylink from Edinburgh station to Glasgow 

I don't think there running buses to the final maybe it would be better getting a train instead.

12 minutes ago, Crete said:

I don't think there running buses to the final maybe it would be better getting a train instead.

I know citylink are not running buses to the final but they are running buses to Buchanan street station all I wanted to know if this is a safe way to travel 

7 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

I know citylink are not running buses to the final but they are running buses to Buchanan street station all I wanted to know if this is a safe way to travel 

We use the Citylink service all the time when traveling to Glasgow even when playing the OF.

Never seen any bother yet. The drivers will be well aware of football fans and will be on the radio to the cops at the first sign of trouble. I would say this bus service is safer than taking the train.

There seemed to be extra buses laid on for the Semi final so I expect there to be a special service on cup final day to cater for non football fans as well as the cup final crowd.

Only drawback is it takes longer to get back into Edinburgh because of the time it takes to get into the centre of Glasgow from Hampden. 

Every chance you could miss the team arriving back in Gorgie if we win, by taking this route :laugh2:

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Every chance you could miss the team arriving back in Gorgie when we win, by taking this route :laugh2:

45 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

It will be a safe way of travel,with that attitude you have I don’t know if it will be a safe way of travel as you would probably cause an argument.Hope you get the bus ? okay.

43 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We use the Citylink service all the time when traveling to Glasgow even when playing the OF.

Never seen any bother yet. The drivers will be well aware of football fans and will be on the radio to the cops at the first sign of trouble. I would say this bus service is safer than taking the train.

There seemed to be extra buses laid on for the Semi final so I expect there to be a special service on cup final day to cater for non football fans as well as the cup final crowd.

Only drawback is it takes longer to get back into Edinburgh because of the time it takes to get into the centre of Glasgow from Hampden. 

Every chance you could miss the team arriving back in Gorgie if we win, by taking this route :laugh2:

Thanks its going to be the citylink and then a bus to hampden 

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Anyone know if it's a good idea to get the citylink from Edinburgh station to Glasgow 

I have spoken to someone who works in the booking office at St Andrews Sq

He says they haven't had any Hearts fans in inquiring. There is a booking system but as buses leave every 15 minutes very few people use it. Suggests that anyone planning to use turns up early and goes from St Andrews Sq, not one of the stops on route as if its full you won't get on. £8.20 single and £10 return. 

He is not aware of any extra buses being laid on but will ask tomorrow. 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

maroonsgotop
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

I have spoken to someone who works in the booking office at St Andrews Sq

He says they haven't had any Hearts fans in inquiring. There is a booking system but as buses leave every 15 minutes very few people use it. Suggests that anyone planning to use turns up early and goes from St Andrews Sq, not one of the stops on route as if its full you won't get on. £8.20 single and £10 return. 

He is not aware of any extra buses being laid on.

pay the £1 return booking fee when ordering on line will guarantee a seat and maybe 2 or 3 options for the return. small additional cost 

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

pay the £1 return booking fee when ordering on line will guarantee a seat and maybe 2 or 3 options for the return. small additional cost 

Don't shoot the messenger but he says the drivers at St Andrews Sq are not given a manifest so don't put 100% trust in your booking.........

26 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Don't shoot the messenger but he says the drivers at St Andrews Sq are not given a manifest so don't put 100% trust in your booking.........

I was on the citylink bus going to Ibrox earlier in the season. The bus left St Andrews Sq with spare seats but was full all but one seat when we reached St John's Road. There was several people at the stop wanting on and one woman had a booking for her and her young daughter. The driver wouldn't let her on and said he had no knowledge of her booking. She naturally kicked up an almighty fuss and we were stuck at the stop for a good ten minutes until the next bus showed up.

If I was booking I think I would book from St Andrews Sq.

On occasions I have known them to let pre booked passengers on first before others.

I think on occasions like the cup final they will just run buses as and when they are full.

I like the Citylink buses obviously because I have an  o65 bus pass but also it avoids bumping into the young team with all their nonsense on the train.

Need to seats leaving from Gilmerton or surrounding areas? Been let down by semi final bus.

Looking for 2 seats in Fife/Dundee or even Perth if anyone has anything going be much appreciated. 

jamtartan74

See the folk that are needing a bus from similar areas, would it not be worthwhile arranging between u a minibus or even booking a taxi? Just a thought. 

highlandjambo3
20 hours ago, Beejam said:

Looking for two seats from the Gilmerton area

I used to live in Gilmerton..... was brought up there.  You should find 2 seats down in the burn next to the Tesco trollies ?

Edited by highlandjambo3
Sorry, that didn’t help

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

If theres enough people from around fife needing a bus I could get a minibus sorted.

I would defo be happy to join in for 2 seats. Could be anywhere in Fife for easiness. 

I stay in Glenrothes in case that helps. 

Edited by Beave1874

Still looking for 2 seats on a bus from Edinburgh if anyone has any information fire me a PM please. 

the Hearts way
4 hours ago, Jungle said:

3 of us looking for a bus from Edinburgh. 

Don't know whom you other three are,? But I'm number 4!

Starting to feel a wee bit perturbed by the negative retort,

when I ask,

"you going to Hampden on the 25th"

"na I'm not going, we're on a hiding to nothing"

Not been on JKB since calling someone out for trying to be smucking fart; 

.  H-E-A-R-T-S..... "This is my story, this  is my song"

BELIEVE 

"HHGH it's down at Tynecastle we bide"!

69 games unbeaten were the Celtic, talk about turning that upside down? 

"We only won 4-0 !

??&??????? forever!

Mon the JT's. 

Screenshot_20180826-185013_Chrome.jpg

On 17/05/2019 at 08:25, Herbert said:

If theres enough people from around fife needing a bus I could get a minibus sorted.

If going straight to Hampden leaving around noon I would take 3 seats ?

Edited by jambo_

6 hours ago, the Hearts way said:

Don't know whom you other three are,? But I'm number 4!

Starting to feel a wee bit perturbed by the negative retort,

when I ask,

"you going to Hampden on the 25th"

"na I'm not going, we're on a hiding to nothing"

Not been on JKB since calling someone out for trying to be smucking fart; 

.  H-E-A-R-T-S..... "This is my story, this  is my song"

BELIEVE 

"HHGH it's down at Tynecastle we bide"!

69 games unbeaten were the Celtic, talk about turning that upside down? 

"We only won 4-0 !

??&??????? forever!

Mon the JT's. 

Screenshot_20180826-185013_Chrome.jpg

The club are not helping things either by not laying on buses from Tynecastle.

Never thought I would say this but I'm getting a bit pissed off with their attitude towards the fans.

If you are prepared to fork out for hospitality then nothings too much trouble but they look down their noses at the ordinary fans in case we cause any bother.

According to a website Queen's Park Recreational Ground is no longer available for Hampden Events.  That was always useful.

Probably missed the boat here but could really do with three seats on a bus from Edinburgh! Could do West Lothian too if needed...

Silvery_Moon
On 17/05/2019 at 08:25, Herbert said:

I know someone in Dunfermline looking for two seats if possible.