Buses for Cup Final

ming the merciless

6 minutes ago, Blackie the Cat said:

Private Message  Taylor75 and he sorts it out.

Look up - watch hearts in tenerife -and it also brings it up

Thanks

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gambo

• luckydug

• Jambo-Fox

• jamtartan74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 17/04/2019 at 09:42, gorgiedad said:

Is anyone aware  of any possibility of a bus from the Stirling area?

I'm from Stirling & I have been asking around for a while now but there doesn't seem to be a supporters bus. From what I was told a while back, a group of guys in clackmannanshire used to run a supporters bus but its defunct? 

This thread reminds me of the Evening News; “For the Fans” section usually on a Thursday evening where a lot of supporters clubs published their bus times and pick up points!!

Hearts not running any buses from Tynecastle ?

I know they have buses for the hospitality guests but they don't seem to want to know about the ordinary fans these days.

For a club that is supposed to be fan owned they have turned very eletist under the present ownership.

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, luckydug said:

I know they have buses for the hospitality guests but they don't seem to want to know about the ordinary fans these days.

For a club that is supposed to be fan owned they have turned very eletist under the present ownership.

Bring back the Mercer picnic buses

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Bring back the Mercer picnic buses

Went to Paris,Prague and Munich on the buses from Tynecastle.

Great days and very reasonable priced as well.

I think the closest thing to that nowadays would be the chance to part with about a grand for the 'honour' of a seat on the club official charter.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 hours ago, luckydug said:

2 years behind the curve mate - remember calling me a hibs fan for calling into question Ann's view of the ordinary fan :)

even at that I would be very (unpleasantly) surprised if there are no ordinary fan buses running from tynecastle

13 hours ago, ElGee1973 said:

I'm from Stirling & I have been asking around for a while now but there doesn't seem to be a supporters bus. From what I was told a while back, a group of guys in clackmannanshire used to run a supporters bus but its defunct? 

Cheers.I remember finding a bus waiting at  Stirling station as I headed for the train  for probably the Gretna final and we were  more than happy to accept an invitation to board .I think it was probably from Clackmannan .

12 hours ago, luckydug said:

But the club is not supposed to be fan owned, not yet anyway.

Would enjoy going on a bus but taking my two wee boys so not always that practical, anyone else looking at driving then recommend you go to www.yourparkingspace.co.uk

You can pay for someone's own car parking spot in advance, it's all official, well run and good comms with space owner (Uber style feedback etc). I've taken a spot 3 mins walk from stadium for £25 (there's many 10-15 mins away which are a bit cheaper). Fantastic idea and is a win/win.

3 hours ago, graygo said:

But the club is not supposed to be fan owned, not yet anyway.

Are FOH not representing the fans ?

Has fan ownership been cancelled ?

I know we won't be fan run but I thought we would be fan owned through FOH.

Anyway point I am making is that there is nothing being done for the ordinary fan . The club only seems to be interested in money makers ,hospitality, tours, functions etc. I realise the club needs to make use of the improved facilities to increase turnover but imo the ordinary fan the guy that used to stand on the terraces has been left out.

Take the new stand for instance there isn't even any TV screens to keep fans informed unless you are prepare to pay to get into one of their lounges the facilities are no better than  before.

Unless I've missed it there isn't even a betting kiosk.

I miss the old stand at least it had character and I even miss my pillar ☺

The Real Maroonblood
16 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

This thread reminds me of the Evening News; “For the Fans” section usually on a Thursday evening where a lot of supporters clubs published their bus times and pick up points!!

That's a blast from the past.

If anybody has time can they tell me which bowling clubs you are going to pre match? Looking to get in somewhere and with a few more Hearts fans.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Anyway point I am making is that there is nothing being done for the ordinary fan . The club only seems to be interested in money makers ,hospitality, tours, functions etc. I realise the club needs to make use of the improved facilities to increase turnover but imo the ordinary fan the guy that used to stand on the terraces has been left out.

Take the new stand for instance there isn't even any TV screens to keep fans informed unless you are prepare to pay to get into one of their lounges the facilities are no better than  before.

Unless I've missed it there isn't even a betting kiosk.

I miss the old stand at least it had character and I even miss my pillar ☺

better late than never

:clap:

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That's a blast from the past.

I remember that too. We always had about twice the supporters club buses running than hibs. The gruesomes had a fair few as well annoyingly. 

5 hours ago, luckydug said:

Yes, FOH represent the fans.

No, fan ownership hasn't been cancelled.

My point stands though.

"But the club is not supposed to be fan owned, not yet anyway"

Not got a problem with anything else you said.

Edited by graygo

On 18/04/2019 at 17:09, Chambie15 said:

There's a spare 15 seats on a bus leaving from South Queensferry with a pick up in Kirkliston if anyone's up for it. The bus will also stop at a Bowling Club near to the stadium where we've arranged entry for pre-match choir practice. Bus leaves The Ferry @ 10am. PM me if interested ? ?? ??

Would be interested in 3 spaces if there are any still available? PMd you

Still got limited availability left for bus 6 going via club @£14pp and leaving Sighthill @10am(if you have messaged me  etc, your spaces are reserved), but I still have a few seats to shift in the bus going straight to Hampden.12.30 dep from Sighthill £13.

Anyone interested pm me.

portobellojambo1
On 22/04/2019 at 22:52, luckydug said:

I travelled on the club buses to Munich as well, and one or two others but hell when age starts catching up with you it gets harder to remember which ones. I think Bologna was one of them and Liege as well are two I remember. Possibly Vienna as well. Sure the buses always picked up in Lancashire as well, somewhere round about Altrincham as Manchester Hearts boarded down that way. I've also flown with the team on a few occasions and it is a touch more expensive as you say. It actually gets a bit frightening when you rack up just how much money you dish out getting to games, but they are a lot of fun all the same.

Edited by portobellojambo1

cookieboy
On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:24, whyskey said:

ANY BUSES FROM THE CARLUKE AREA, TWO REQUIRED.

aye PM me

portobellojambo1
On 30/04/2019 at 18:59, ericb said:

Anyone know of any from musselburgh , Portobello or East Edinburgh?

Portobello, full, Musselburgh, full, Prestonpans, full, Midlothian, full and Craigmillar, full. Are you on Facebook by any chance ?

EDIT - Apologies ericb, no need to reply to this now. I was aware of another bus being run from Portobello, but I've just checked on Facebook and that bus is now full as well (there were a few seats available a few days ago but they have now gone).

Edited by portobellojambo1

Tams bird

Did Hearts not stop running buses before administrators stepped in. ? Went to 98 final on bus from Tynecastle.  Went to Dublin and Leige as well.  ?

On 30/04/2019 at 18:01, A8ken said:

Looking for 3 seats leaving Livingston or Bathgate? 

Sent pm

10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Portobello, full, Musselburgh, full, Prestonpans, full, Midlothian, full and Craigmillar, full. Are you on Facebook by any chance ?

EDIT - Apologies ericb, no need to reply to this now. I was aware of another bus being run from Portobello, but I've just checked on Facebook and that bus is now full as well (there were a few seats available a few days ago but they have now gone).

Thanks anyway, looks like the car for me, if you hear of anything let me know, though I'm looking for three, so a tall order!

jambotony

Hi, Does anyone know of 4 seats for the Final on a bus from West Lothian? 

Thanks 

5 hours ago, ericb said:

Thanks anyway, looks like the car for me, if you hear of anything let me know, though I'm looking for three, so a tall order!

I've got seats left picking up from the old Odeon Clark st...10.00 Stockbridge 10.15  then pc world 10.30..then heading to bowling club in Glasgow 

1 hour ago, taylor75 said:

I've got seats left picking up from the old Odeon Clark st...10.00 Stockbridge 10.15  then pc world 10.30..then heading to bowling club in Glasgow 

PM sent

8 hours ago, Tams bird said:

Did Hearts not stop running buses before administrators stepped in. ? Went to 98 final on bus from Tynecastle.  Went to Dublin and Leige as well.  ?

They ran a bus down to Dumfries early on in the Championship season.

It was really handy there and back ,instead of changing buses and trains.

The bus was an old tank and they had the cheek to charge £15 no concessions for it.

That is the only occasion I can recall during the Budge era.

Of course if you are prepared to spend hundreds on hospitality then suddenly it's not a problem for our soon to be fan owned club.

There can't be many non OF clubs who refuse to put on buses for the fans to get to a cup final.?

Looking for bus for 2, hopefully via a club, from anywhere with good bus links in Edinburgh. Already sent @Gambo a PM, but he last updated on 24th might be full by now.

Looking for other options if that’s the case. 

maroon marvel
On 02/05/2019 at 10:03, jambotony said:

Hi, Does anyone know of 4 seats for the Final on a bus from West Lothian? 

Thanks 

We are going from West Lothian in an 8 seater taxi for £20 a head. Our taxi is full but if you need details PM me.

13 hours ago, gjcc said:

Looking for bus for 2, hopefully via a club, from anywhere with good bus links in Edinburgh. Already sent @Gambo a PM, but he last updated on 24th might be full by now.

Looking for other options if that’s the case. 

Can give you 2 seats 

Durham Jambo
20 hours ago, taylor75 said:

How many seats have you got left?  Could be after a few.

3 minutes ago, Durham Jambo said:

How many seats have you got left?  Could be after a few.

7 durham

Durham Jambo
Just now, taylor75 said:

7 durham

Cheers - I'll PM you shortly.  How much per seat?

1 minute ago, Durham Jambo said:

Cheers - I'll PM you shortly.  How much per seat?

£15.00 and gets into bowling club ..

25 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

Can give you 2 seats 

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I’ve sorted through a friend of a friend so don’t hold them for us. 

If if that falls through I’ll PM you to see if you’ve still got availability. Thanks. 

Just now, gjcc said:

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I’ve sorted through a friend of a friend so don’t hold them for us. 

If if that falls through I’ll PM you to see if you’ve still got availability. Thanks. 

Glad you got sorted mate ..

Durham Jambo
21 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

£15.00 and gets into bowling club ..

Thanks.  Won't need any as my eejit mate has sorted something elsewhere while I was trying to sort it with you.  Thanks for the prompt replies though.

21 hours ago, taylor75 said:

Sent you a PM.

el_jambo74

I’m looking for 9 seats going from Edinburgh. Ideally via Haymarket. If anyone has spare seats on a bus PM me. it’d be appreciated. Cheers ??

Edited by el_jambo74