Buses for Cup Final

ming the merciless

Jambothump
16 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Having to drive for the first time to Hampden, best places for parking? 

Edinburgh, sorry ?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gambo

• luckydug

• Jambo-Fox

• jamtartan74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wheatfield allstars

Hi Folks, I know it’s maybe a long shot but looking for 4 seats on a bus for the final ( two adults and two kids ) ideally Edinburgh west or centre , been let down elsewhere ??...cheers 

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

2 seats become available again on bus going Direct to Hampden.

I'll take both if these are still going mate?  

52 seater going with 6 seats available for Saturday morning due to late call offs. Picking up at Hermiston gate Krispy Kreme at 9am and heading to pollokshaws bowling club for 10am. £15 pp and your first pint free if we can fill the bus. 

PM me if interested? 

rabthejambo

I'm looking for 1 seat, on a bus going straight to and from Hampden.  Looking for a pick up anywhere in West Lothian, could possibly travel to Edinburgh.  Any spaces?

Edited by rabthejambo

rabthejambo
6 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

52 seater going with 6 seats available for Saturday morning due to late call offs. Picking up at Hermiston gate Krispy Kreme at 9am and heading to pollokshaws bowling club for 10am. £15 pp and your first pint free if we can fill the bus. 

PM me if interested? 

PM sent mate

32 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Last 2 seats left if anyone still requiring transport through to Hampden? 

My laddie [10] and I are still looking for places....where are your pick up points...we are in Bathgate but will travel to wheverever we need to be...

1 hour ago, moz said:

My laddie [10] and I are still looking for places....where are your pick up points...we are in Bathgate but will travel to wheverever we need to be...

I’m Sorry Moz but a few guys had came back to me that enquired yesterday. There’s even a guy from Bathgate getting the train to Edinburgh park. I’ll see if I can squeeze you and your son on though and I’m tempted to say just turn up. I’ll stand as I’m not too fussed about a seat. My daughter and her pal going so your son could squeeze in beside them. Leave it with me and I’ll get back to you. I’ve just sent a text to the guy I’m sharing the bus with and if he’s cool with it then you can jump aboard 

4 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m Sorry Moz but a few guys had came back to me that enquired yesterday. There’s even a guy from Bathgate getting the train to Edinburgh park. I’ll see if I can squeeze you and your son on though and I’m tempted to say just turn up. I’ll stand as I’m not too fussed about a seat. My daughter and her pal going so your son could squeeze in beside them. Leave it with me and I’ll get back to you. I’ve just sent a text to the guy I’m sharing the bus with and if he’s cool with it then you can jump aboard 

No worries, thanks....good that its looking like you are full...dont want anyone standing...we were looking to get the train to Edin park as well......I may drive through now...see what happens

On 20/05/2019 at 19:35, rabthejambo said:

I'm looking for 1 seat, on a bus going straight to and from Hampden.  Looking for a pick up anywhere in West Lothian, could possibly travel to Edinburgh.  Any spaces?

I still have a seat in mini bus leaving linlithgow £20 got to pick up in larbert but straight to hampden then back to linlithgow after game 

Two seats left on bus leaving Lanark at 10am. Via Carluke Newmains stopping at Motherwell Miners until 1330. 

On 18/05/2019 at 21:10, Andyp1874 said:

Anyone know of buses going from/through Perth? 

Anyone know anything or close?? 2 seats if possible 

rabthejambo
14 hours ago, spydi said:

I still have a seat in mini bus leaving linlithgow £20 got to pick up in larbert but straight to hampden then back to linlithgow after game 

Got a seat sorted buddy. Thanks for the offer though 

Looking for a couple of spaces from West Lothian for my daughter and i.

I'm in Armadale but happy to travel to a pick up point

Has there been any "official" route for buses advised by the police yet? I've tried looking but can't find anything? Thanks in advance guys ?

Robbo-Jambo

Beyond me why Hearts are not running buses from Tynecastle like they used to.

A nice wee earner for the club, Mrs Budge missed a trick there.

4 hours ago, Homme said:

Looking for a couple of spaces from West Lothian for my daughter and i.

I'm in Armadale but happy to travel to a pick up point

Boy on  twitter "whitburn hearts SC" saying earlier today that they have seats available from Armadale. 

linda.bisset100
39 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I went on a Tynecastle bus to the L.C. Final in 2013. Bit of a shambles, buses didn’t arrive at Hampden in time for K.O. Imagine there were a lot of complaints, so maybe they think it’s not worth the bother.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Boy on  twitter "whitburn hearts SC" saying earlier today that they have seats available from Armadale. 

Thanks for that. I've just sent them a message. 

Really should use twitter more! 

26 minutes ago, Homme said:

Thanks for that. I've just sent them a message. 

Really should use twitter more! 

I just contacted him as well as looking for seats from Bathgate.....he replied saying he had some but my situation may have changed now so looking at driving through....

On 06/05/2019 at 23:39, cookieboy said:

sent you a pm Yvonne

We have been let down by a Bowling club who have miscalculated their numbers, are you aware of an alternative venue that could accommodate 14 more Jambos?

Due to a last minute change of travel arrangements by our bus company, we now have a bigger bus, and so some spare seats.

Our bus is booked into a hotel (walking distance to Hampden)  We have lunch booked, but at this stage I am not sure hotel can accommodate more lunch bookings (I am awaiting confirmation from hotel).  Bus will leave South Edinburgh at 10:15, (EH10, Comiston Rd, Frogston Rd, Hermiston Gate).

Seats travel only £15:00

If we can get extra lunch bookings cost will be £30:00

If you are interested please DM me with your email Addy or phone No, I will send more details tomorrow afternoon (I am currently at airport in Greece, will not be in Edinburgh till 03:30 Thursday).

Thanks

John S

1 hour ago, Figo GMC said:

We have been let down by a Bowling club who have miscalculated their numbers, are you aware of an alternative venue that could accommodate 14 more Jambos?

I will make some calls and see if there's room for another mini bus ?

3 seats have become available on our bus leaving Edinburgh park at 9am and heading to Pollokshaws Bowling club for 10am. Anyone interested then PM me? 

Cheers 

SJ

On 22/05/2019 at 15:37, Robbo-Jambo said:

Seeing as Hearts don't own any buses I'm not sure what size of earner they have missed out on but I would guess that it might be wee'er than wee.

portobellojambo1
On 21/05/2019 at 21:49, Andyp1874 said:

Anyone know anything or close?? 2 seats if possible 

On 18/05/2019 at 21:10, Andyp1874 said:

Anyone know of buses going from/through Perth

I don't know if you have got yourself sorted out yet, but Dunfermline & District Hearts SC have just posted on FB that they have 4 seats available on a bus which departs Kinross at 09:15 (not a million miles away from Perth). Not sure if there is anyone on here who posts from the SC who you could contact if (a) you still need seats and (b) getting on at Kinross suits you.

On 22/05/2019 at 15:37, Robbo-Jambo said:

We are in the Gorgie Suite for beer an brekkie from 10am along with 400 others and other hospitality in Glasgow so I estimate around 12-15 buses leaving from Tynie at good profit, no tricks missed here

One of our group unfortunately cannot attend the final.

This means we have a Match Ticket (£35), Travel and Lunch at hotel available on bus leaving Edinburgh (between 10:15 and 10:40 depending on pick up point)

Total cost of Ticket, lunch and travel is £66.50

Please DM me if interested.

John S

34 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

We are in the Gorgie Suite for beer an brekkie from 10am along with 400 others and other hospitality in Glasgow so I estimate around 12-15 buses leaving from Tynie at good profit, no tricks missed here

Seems you have to fork out for hospitality to gain any customer service from Hearts.

Its ALL about the profit these days.

Previous finals have seen about 30 buses laid on for the fans with no expensive hospitality deals required. 

On 22/05/2019 at 11:07, rabthejambo said:

Got a seat sorted buddy. Thanks for the offer though 

kool have a great day 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Seems you have to fork out for hospitality to gain any customer service from Hearts.

Previous finals have seen about 30 buses laid on for the fans with no expensive hospitality deals required. 

Yeah that is what I was getting at as well. Not everyone can afford hospitality. Remember in1986 there seemed to be about a hundred buses in Gorgie going to Dens and Hampden for the cup final the following week. Spent ages trying to find your bus because they were all numbered and all over the place!!. Happy days or maybe not considering the outcome of these two games. ☹️

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

6 hours ago, georgeparkdb said:

Hi John

do you still have two seats available 

Hi George

Please can you DM me with a phone number to contact you.

Cheers

John

shlabalaba

Bit of an ask , im looking for 6 seats on a bus     :cornette:       ,  , from the gyle / corstorphine sighthill  area ,  got train tickets but would prefer getting a bus and into a club  , and would save the hassle getting home  

the general

Does anyone know if Manchester Hearts are doing anything for this? Had a look but could not find anything 

jamtartan74

Any space for 1 on any buses around livingston way? A mates travelling on his own and would prefer a bus if any available?

3 hours ago, the general said:

Does anyone know if Manchester Hearts are doing anything for this? Had a look but could not find anything 

Did someone not say their bus is coming to Motherwell Miners?

the general
5 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Did someone not say their bus is coming to Motherwell Miners?

Their website has not been updated for years...

19 hours ago, luckydug said:

See what you mean but I had to do it to guarantee tickets for my 2 kids who had given up season tickets a couple of yrs ago, yes unfortunately it is all about profit but as long as im getting something in return then im good with that.

A bit last minute, but I have three seats available on direct bus  leaving Sighthill 12.30pm £13pp for any latecomers.

7 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Any space for 1 on any buses around livingston way? A mates travelling on his own and would prefer a bus if any available?

Two seats left if interested. Can pick up at Deer Park at 9.15 if required 

stirlingshirejambo
5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Two seats left if interested. Can pick up at Deer Park at 9.15 if required 

pm sent