Celtic statement on their fans' chant at McInnes

Justin Z

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

This chant has to stop....

Singing about the victims of child sex abuse is pretty shameless.

agree

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• Toxteth O'Grady

• Victorian

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, ming the merciless said:

Irvine Welsh:

"It has to do with the Old Firm and the power of those institutions not really being invested in change. Why would they be? Rangers without sectarianism are Partick Thistle, basically. And Celtic without sectarianism are Hibs. They're invested in that, and it serves them as enterprises."

Bit harsh

... On Partick Thistle. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

If Hearts has made that statement the media would be tearing it to shreads. 

Thing is, some of our fans want a statement like that. 

Baffling, total deflection and makes them look like ******s. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Are there children in charge of that club ?

or do they have a mental age of a young teenager ?!

just come out and say it’s wrong and they will address it full stop

its almost as if they make money from the sectarian element !!!!

27 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Thing is, some of our fans want a statement like that. 

Baffling, total deflection and makes them look like ******s. 

There will very little adverse comment in the media about the statement. That in It’s self tells you so much about the way things work here.  A shocking self indulgent statement that should be savaged -  but won’t be.

16 hours ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.e645ee432e52b484e46cf785f4ebd36c.png

My god they are pathetic, and I hope we crush them into paste on 25 May.

Can't believe that considering the vile chants their so called supporters sing from the stands.

:seething:

27 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

Are there children in charge of that club ?

or do they have a mental age of a young teenager ?!

just come out and say it’s wrong and they will address it full stop

its almost as if they make money from the sectarian element !!!!

I was just thinking the same.  My kids are 3 and 6 years old..... exactly the sort of thing they come out with when in trouble...... "I did this but she did that so its ok!

I was in the Aberdeen end on Sunday and I can recall 3 chants / songs which could be possibly be deemed offensive. 

1 - you’re in the wrong effing country,

2 - paedo, paedo

3 - Jimmy Saville he’s one of your own

Only the 3rd had any great numbers singing it and it was more being sung in jest than with any hatred.

There was of course a few large renditions of Boys of the old brigade from the Celtic end. I left at 3 nil so didn’t hear what was being sung to McInnes. I remember Craig Levein being described as an orange barsteward at Murrayfield & Parkhead earlier this season so presumably McInnes was getting the same.

5 hours ago, jb102 said:

**** me if that is not Irvine Welsh's best work right there.It's been a long time coming but easily surpasses the narrative arc drivel we have been subjected to so far.

Is it? He's basically calling Hearts sectarian by inference. 

Just now, Gizmo said:

Is it? He's basically calling Hearts sectarian by inference. 

I did note he chose his teams carefully.  Implying Hibs have no prejudice and by implication, Hearts do.

That very subtle whatabootery aside, his sentiment is spot on.  Spot on as **** in fact.

kirkierobroy

I'm no fan of Irvine Welsh in any way, but he's onto something there. Though, as someone said earlier, he's being very harsh on Partick Thistle.

Celtic are vile, Rangers are vile, we need rid of them but they're allowed to run the game.

Was at Hampden on Saturday (married to an Invernessian) and it has taken until now for me to post on Scottish Cup matters. Even having sat through a 0-3 score on Saturday, I hope you rise above the actions of the refereeing team and the wishes of the media and the SFA and the SPFL and somehow find a way to horse, humiliate and unambiguously eviscerate Old Firm (Ireland) plc in such a way as to leave even them struggling to find reasons to squeal 'THAT'S NO FAIR!!!! PURE BIAS INNAT!!!!!'

Tell your lads with Union Jacks to stay at home, but.

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Ally Bee said:

I was in the Aberdeen end on Sunday and I can recall 3 chants / songs which could be possibly be deemed offensive. 

2 - paedo, paedo

Only the 3rd had any great numbers singing it and it was more being sung in jest than with any hatred.

There was of course a few large renditions of Boys of the old brigade from the Celtic end. I left at 3 nil so didn’t hear what was being sung to McInnes. I remember Craig Levein being described as an orange barsteward at Murrayfield & Parkhead earlier this season so presumably McInnes was getting the same.

I guess that's the issue though

Even in my formative years  I sang all the songs in jest ( wouldn't do it now, mind,)

but the rangers/celtic fans really mean it.

I've been to grown mens 40 th birthday events in posh venues and they just start singing the songs out of nowhere for no reason at all!

For teams like Aberdeen its sheer wummery (and even for most of our idiots its purely impotent rage at the OF and a return dig)

But for them its a disease.

They are the ISIS of football

132goals1958
5 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

And are there any comments from the MSP James Kelly on this Sectarian singing and chanting by his beloved celtic fans ??

Wonder if he will raise this incident at the next First Minister Question’s ??

No chance, This is the clown who got handshakes for being instrumental in repealing the offensive behavior act. Neil Lennon like any other manager does not deserve to be subjected to sectarian abuse. If I recall however his statement defending Neil Lennon was after the coin throwing incident and whilst not condoning, it could be argued it was non sectarian /non racism. Odd he pinpointed that incident and conveniently failed to mention the attack on our goalkeeper. With regard to the Celtic statement puerile hardly describes it.Football fans the world over have chanted obscenities at each other since Adam was a boy. The whole crux of the matter was the vitriolic abuse that was directed at one individual. To somehow compare it to the tribalism aspect of the interaction between rival supporters is laughable. They should have come right out and criticize their so called Celtic Family. Basically an individual was arguably slandered. Its like drawing a parallel along the lines of saying all lawyers are a shower of crooks which you take with a pinch of salt. Try calling Joe Bloggs up the high street something similar and its a different ball game.

They are certainly the lead on all things shite.

Would I be right in saying they have also been punished for the very same on the European stage?

You can't top that, not even our neds come close

2 hours ago, Ally Bee said:

2 - paedo, paedo

i think they were supposedly singing "you sad orange b*****" at mcinnes

24 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Took Steve Clarke to call the song out as sectarian 

In his case "sad Fenian b*****"

As a club they really are devoid of anything close to self criticism from what happens on the park to what happens off it.

Always cheated never defeated should be the motto on their club crest.

And as for off the park, pro IRA songs, PLO flags, the "no blood stained" poppy banners, fans wearing commemorative Easter Rising tops....absolutely nothing to do with football but all to do with "The Celtic". And for all of this the club itself either ignores it or hands out limp wristed apologies and watered down condemnation statements. And while this doesn't tar all fans the percentage is pretty big.

If Katie Hopkins was a football club..... she wouldn't be Celtic....that arsehole spews less shit than them.

They're a laughable excuse for a football club.

20 hours ago, Dingo Dave said:

What was allegedly chanted by the Aberdeen fans? Can’t imagine anything sectarian 

Mind when Partick fans were accosted for anti Celtic chanting. 

Can sort of tell whoever wrote that statement is a Celtic minded wee jakeball ned incapable of pronouncing T's when it talks

'Glesgae Sellek gray'is team in ra land'

****ing inbreeds. . 

6 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Bit harsh

... On Partick Thistle. 

There is a small element of sectarianism at Hibs as well. Not dissimilar to us.

Calebs Grandad

Celtic have been the dominant side in Scotland for years and even when Rangers were banished into oblivion their income wasn’t affected. They rake in millions based on their massive worldwide  following which is without doubt enhanced by the Roman Catholic background of the club. The flags and banners that appear at their games show the love in the fans have with what the rest of Scotland see as terrorism. Support for PIRA, IRA, Real IRA, Palestinian terror groups etc etc etc will never be clamped down on by the club as it would be damaging financially. They also enjoy a virtual free hand from the Scottish Government to do as they like. Add into this the history of their involvement with Celtic Boys Club and you are looking at one of the most vile institutions in sport. The club have no need to apologize for anything as they simply keep playing the victim card which keeps the supporters moist and as one. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Celtic have been the dominant side in Scotland for years and even when Rangers were banished into oblivion their income wasn’t affected. They rake in millions based on their massive worldwide  following which is without doubt enhanced by the Roman Catholic background of the club. The flags and banners that appear at their games show the love in the fans have with what the rest of Scotland see as terrorism. Support for PIRA, IRA, Real IRA, Palestinian terror groups etc etc etc will never be clamped down on by the club as it would be damaging financially. They also enjoy a virtual free hand from the Scottish Government to do as they like. Add into this the history of their involvement with Celtic Boys Club and you are looking at one of the most vile institutions in sport. The club have no need to apologize for anything as they simply keep playing the victim card which keeps the supporters moist and as one. 

Free hand by the Scottish government. 

????

22 hours ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.e645ee432e52b484e46cf785f4ebd36c.png

My god they are pathetic, and I hope we crush them into paste on 25 May.

Some statement !

They have just given their own mutants the green light to sing whatever sectarian bile they want, and with impunity, if any other set of fans calls them Paedos.

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

He does look to have been spending an inordinate amount of time on the sunbeds mind you..............

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, Busby8 said:

He does look to have been spending an inordinate amount of time on the sunbeds mind you..............

Not as Orange as Brendan 

17 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Not as Orange as Brendan 

True......... maybe Brendan thought they were singing about him ?.............so he left.

Dagger Is Back

Both arse cheeks need, and have always actively encouraged, the sectarian dollar. It's an industry. It's been that way since time began. This is something that is handed down from generation to generation. It fuels the machine.

Neither of them really want it to stop unless it really really hurts them, and I'm not talking about chicken feed fines etc. I'm talking about loss of points

Until both teams send out their fans favourites telling them that it's unacceptable, how it makes them feel, and to stop it, until they stop their players attending supporters functions, until they close sections etc. anything they say will be nothing but lip service  

Geoff the Mince
49 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Fantastic post .

dkmmgcycbwc
43 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Free hand by the Scottish government. 

????

Labour, Tories, Liberals and Greens combined to destroy Scottish Government legislation which was tackling the problem and having an effect. But Rangers and Celtic fans didn't like it. Since it waS REPEALED.. . look at what has happened. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, dkmmgcycbwc said:

Labour, Tories, Liberals and Greens combined to destroy Scottish Government legislation which was tackling the problem and having an effect. But Rangers and Celtic fans didn't like it. Since it waS REPEALED.. . look at what has happened. 

Yip. 

They tried and got called fascists. 

Some folk just get on my tits with the out right lies and/ or arrogance in regards to the facts. 

21 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Oh dear, that is just shameful...May wash when it is OF games but they cannot just trot out the Whataboutery as a standard statement

I don't think so, I mean, do they even wash for the dancing?

Back on topic, Celtic have released a further statement that simply reads "Aye, but...." an un-named spokesman, wummin, erm, person stated this shall be the standard response from the club relating to any and all insinuations against the club's, or anything associated with the club's (inclusive of Packy's Boner being regularly paraded on BBC Radio Scotland for all to hear) character.

Nothing to do with this thread but I've just read that wee Neil has kicked off the mind games.  Says the thumb will have recovered sufficiently to play in the final.

As if he would even be selected unless they had about 93 injuries and suspensions.

PeterintheRain
22 hours ago, lou said:

Appalling statement, however I do hate the Celtic boys club chants

They ran a paedophile ring for decades.  A few chants is the least they deserve.

5/11/2018

From the BBC 

Two other sources told the BBC that when Torbett was allowed to return to the Boys Club in the late 1970s, Kevin Kelly would have been aware of the previous claims of abuse against Torbett.

Mr Kelly and Jack McGinn, a Celtic FC director from 1981, worked with Mr Torbett at his Trophy Centre business from 1986 and 1998 respectively.

Their associations with the company continued long after Torbett was jailed in 1998 for abuse.

Every single person at that open sewer knew the truth.  Every player, every director, every fan, and every tame reporter.   EVERYBODY!

Funding terrorist attacks which turned children into dogfood. 

Bribery and corruption to fix matches and titles. 

Decades of child abuse.   

Why have they not been shut down?

Bindy Badgy

Irrespective of the level Celtic's involvement using the sexual abuse of children to wind up opposition fans isn't particularly pleasant. 

Edited by Stokesy

58 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip. 

They tried and got called fascists. 

Some folk just get on my tits with the out right lies and/ or arrogance in regards to the facts. 

The facts were that politicians tried to force through legislation that the police didn’t think would work as too difficult to enforce, vote winning stuff.  Yes I think something should happen to deal with sectarian shame, leave it too law makers and not politicians. 

Your posts are so Pro SNP and politically motivated, Sorry but you need to loosen up a bit bud and stick to the football !!! This is a football forum and not the politics show.

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I guess that's the issue though

Even in my formative years  I sang all the songs in jest ( wouldn't do it now, mind,)

but the rangers/celtic fans really mean it.

I've been to grown mens 40 th birthday events in posh venues and they just start singing the songs out of nowhere for no reason at all!

For teams like Aberdeen its sheer wummery (and even for most of our idiots its purely impotent rage at the OF and a return dig)

But for them its a disease.

They are the ISIS of football

Spot on, Doc. 

Your Gump analogy drew a chortle too. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, jambomjm74 said:

The facts were that politicians tried to force through legislation that the police didn’t think would work as too difficult to enforce, vote winning stuff.  Yes I think something should happen to deal with sectarian shame, leave it too law makers and not politicians. 

Your posts are so Pro SNP and politically motivated, Sorry but you need to loosen up a bit bud and stick to the football !!! This is a football forum and not the politics show.

Tbh, the offensive football act and it's removal are quite relevant to these threads. 

I also never mentioned politics first, I responded to a poster who mentioned the Scottish government giving celtic a free hand. Read above. 

So read up before jumping on me when all I done was respond directly to a poster who mentioned the government, bud. ?

9 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tbh, the offensive football act and it's removal are quite relevant to these threads. 

I also never mentioned politics first, I responded to a poster who mentioned the Scottish government giving celtic a free hand. Read above. 

So read up before jumping on me when all I done was respond directly to a poster who mentioned the government, bud. ?

Many of your posts are politically motivated, my point is that this is a football forum and not an SNP or Pro-union politics show... 

some might say that we have a new sectarianism at work in Scotland which is now politically motivated and is as sad as the west coast religious tripe. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Many of your posts are politically motivated, my point is that this is a football forum and not an SNP or Pro-union politics show... 

some might say that we have a new sectarianism at work in Scotland which is now politically motivated and is as sad as the west coast religious tripe. 

Great point. 

Now pull up the poster that brought it up in the first place. 

By going at me in such a rabid way you are being politicial yourself. 

I replied to a poster that mentioned the Scottish government. 

Don't like the answer or want to discuss the issue in relation to the thread, feel free. 

Want to have a go at my posting style, pm me, ignore me or report to me the mods. 

All I done was respond in kind to a post. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Great point. 

Now pull up the poster that brought it up in the first place. 

By going at me in such a rabid way you are being politicial yourself. 

I replied to a poster that mentioned the Scottish government. 

Don't like the answer or want to discuss the issue in relation to the thread, feel free. 

Want to have a go at my posting style, pm me, ignore me or report to me the mods. 

All I done was respond in kind to a post. 

Nothing rabid in my post. Don’t get abusive, I’ve tried not to be. 

We can agree to disagree here.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Nothing rabid in my post. Don’t get abusive, I’ve tried not to be. 

We can agree to disagree here.

You have been abusive(in a way) , you've criticised my posting style and completely ignored the thread content. 

You have also had a go at me and my politics while ignoring the initial poster and his comments and his politics. 

You got personal and political without even knowing it and I didn't even reply to you in the first place so you can calm doon. 

???????

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You have been abusive(in a way) , you've criticised my posting style and completely ignored the thread content. 

You have also had a go at me and my politics while ignoring the initial poster and his comments and his politics. 

You got personal and political without even knowing it and I didn't even reply to you in the first place so you can calm doon. 

???????

Football and politics - football and religion don’t mix ... 

although you are comfortable with criticising the later ... nice you wave our national flag - not quite sure why ? Care to explain ? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jambomjm74 said:

Football and politics - football and religion don’t mix ... 

although you are comfortable with criticising the later ... nice you wave our national flag - not quite sure why ? Care to explain ? 

I live in Scotland , our national flag appeals to me. 

Anyway, I'm out-football and politics don't mix. 

However, as I said the act is relevant to the thread and I was replying to another poster so go and pester them instead. 

???????

merseyjambo

The statement is typical of that institution and it’s appalling they are almost trying to  justify it by the ‘singing’ from Aberdeen fans - oooh look at us, we condone what was sung but look at how we were being abused by Aberdeen fans. Let’s be honest, this is a club that actively encourage their fans to call a section of themselves a brigade and dress in a paramilitary style.

They as a club will do zero about it.

The SFA will do zero about it.

i know as a club we are trying to do something about it, however I would love AB to do something to highlight the behaviour of Celtic and Rangers fans. It could be done in such a way that it’s indirect. She could announce that from next season we are cutting the allocation of Celtic, Rangers and Hibs to one section of the Roseburn stand saying that as a club we are trying to encourage families back to football and that one of the reasons they don’t come back is due to the perceived atmosphere at these games. Yes, Hibs would retaliate by cutting our allocation.

Until some sort of stand is taken by clubs to reduce the number of OF fans in their ground, people are going to have to continue to accept and ignore their behaviour. Unfortunately clubs want to suck the Old Firm’s money tit and allow them a platform to spew their crap. Clubs in Scotland need to take a stand and say enough is enough. Ourselves, Hibs and Aberdeen need to take the lead by cutting their allocations. 

chester copperpot

I would be ****ing embarrassed if that statement came from us.

Nothing surprises me with that lot now. Almost like a member of the green brigade wrote it.