Celtic statement on their fans' chant at McInnes

Justin Z

Stephane Grappelli

I remember they did the exact same after the game when TGFITW gave absolute pelters to the wee laddies from Livingston Colts-

"Aye maybe they shouldnae have shouted and swore and chucked stuff at young children but some o' they bad Hearts boys had John Wilson masks on tae upset Lennie an' that was pure worse byrraway."

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• Toxteth O'Grady

• Victorian

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.e645ee432e52b484e46cf785f4ebd36c.png

My god they are pathetic, and I hope we crush them into paste on 25 May.

I love Celtic. The gift that keeps on giving. They just cant help themselves. Always catering to their masses.

Couldn't just turn the other cheek and admit the wrongdoing without a whataboutery. Classless.

I started reading the statement and was thinking that it was actually a decent one and fair play. Then it got all very Celtic. Utter filth the lot of them.

p.s what was the chant to McCiness?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I started reading the statement and was thinking that it was actually a decent one and fair play. Then it got all very Celtic. Utter filth the lot of them.

p.s what was the chant to McCiness?

Orange bar steward

A nameless, cowardly, sectarian Celtic sportsperson said.........

One thing which tempers their vile sectarian chanting is dishing out a 4-0 thrashing.

We all learned that not too long ago.

I just hope our entire support takes the high ground on 25th May.

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, OTT said:

From a pathetic and classless club. 

They have no interest in making any positive change in Scottish football. About time the media actually sacked up and questioned them on this. 

They are certainly very insular, quick to deflect and sweep their problems under the carpet, as per. 

The first sentence is bang on. Then they should have said, “if this sort of behaviour continues, we will have no other option but to take action against our supporters who are damaging the club, it’s reputation and Scottish Football.” End of statement.

Instead of, “they done it too” 

Seymour M Hersh

The surprise is anyone is surprised at their pathetic attempts at deflection, whataboutery and of course victimhood.  Wouldn't be sellik without a double dose of victimhood.

‘Crush them into paste’ should be the phrase of choice in every Cup Final post/thread from now until the 26th of May.  ie. The day after we have ‘crushed them into paste’.

Totally and absolutely FTC..

Come on the Hearts :flagwave:

Oh dear, that is just shameful...May wash when it is OF games but they cannot just trot out the Whataboutery as a standard statement

11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Instead of, “they done it too” 

And therein lies the propaganda of ‘Sellick Football Club’.

Feck them ‘til their ears bleed.

Then, feck them again.

It's just struck me.  Celtic complaining about sectarianism.

?????????????????????????????????????????????

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

That is horrendous. 

However, it's exactly the attitude shown by an apparent contingent on here with regard to our own club's attempts to eradicate sectarianism from our own support.

"They must stop first." 

Pathetic.

Edited by Hearts_fan

59 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The surprise is anyone is surprised at their pathetic attempts at deflection, whataboutery and of course victimhood.  Wouldn't be sellik without a double dose of victimhood.

No one is surprised.

Just appalled, and rightly so.

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I remember they did the exact same after the game when TGFITW gave absolute pelters to the wee laddies from Livingston Colts-

"Aye maybe they shouldnae have shouted and swore and chucked stuff at young children but some o' they bad Hearts boys had John Wilson masks on tae upset Lennie an' that was pure worse byrraway."

Yes first thing I thought about .

The actual official statement at the time is even more damning than your version .

Edited by johnthomas

glynnlondon

Standard stuff from them.

No doubt the Scottish media will take them to task for the statement or possibly engage in whataboutery , hand wringing about societal problems and the use of a large stiff brush and carpet.

Ho hum.

N Lincs Jambo

Totally vile typically weegie response. We should rename Glasgow “Whatabout City” 

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Sums that club. Utterly classless.

Compare that whataboutery to Budge's no-nonsense approach. Pathetic stuff and pretty much exactly what you'd expect from them.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Dingo Dave said:

What was allegedly chanted by the Aberdeen fans? Can’t imagine anything sectarian 

They were singing 

You're in the wrong ****ing country,

Wrong ****ing country

**** off home 

In reference to thier Irish flags and Irish singing. 

Some Celtic fans saying Aberdeen were being racist to the black players and telling them to go home. ?

This will never change with them. They use the victim card mercilessly.  They need this sense of being downtrodden. It's all part of their club ethos and is essential for their financial well being. The other arse cheek on the other side of Glasgow play exactly the same game. Nothing will change until the authorities waken up and start dealing with them robustly.  This statement actually shows just how unwilling they are to face up to the problem of sectarianism that is deeply imbedded in Celtic. It's there in their club - the lot of them steeped in it from top to bottom.

So are they affiliated with Celtic Boys club or not? Why would it bother them if Aberdeen fans sung about them?

Typical Cellik statement. 

7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

They were singing 

You're in the wrong ****ing country,

Wrong ****ing country

**** off home 

In reference to thier Irish flags and Irish singing. 

Some Celtic fans saying Aberdeen were being racist to the black players and telling them to go home. ?

Famine song is deemed racist so could that last line be on similar lines?

I've no qualms with Celtic's Irishness.

Just as I wouldn't be if a set of Scottish immigrants  / ex pats set up a Scottish club overseas.

Singing pro terrorists songs, IRA and PIRA,bigoted songs, calling themselves brigades with innuendo to the IRA while all along their administrators play the token tick box  minimal guidelines when as yesterday's statement proved know which side their cash comes from, is a different matter completely.

As an edit - we need to take the cash hit by giving Rangers and Celtic one section each until there are tangible efforts seen by their custodians.

Edited by DETTY29

ming the merciless

Irvine Welsh:

"It has to do with the Old Firm and the power of those institutions not really being invested in change. Why would they be? Rangers without sectarianism are Partick Thistle, basically. And Celtic without sectarianism are Hibs. They're invested in that, and it serves them as enterprises."

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, ming the merciless said:

Irvine Welsh:

"It has to do with the Old Firm and the power of those institutions not really being invested in change. Why would they be? Rangers without sectarianism are Partick Thistle, basically. And Celtic without sectarianism are Hibs. They're invested in that, and it serves them as enterprises."

In a nutshell. 

doctor jambo

Until you are unable to tell someone's religion based on what football top they wear, then this will get nowhere at all.

I can walk through an airport in Scotland, or a shopping centre and identify the religion of people with the same ease as if they were wearing a Hijab or a Turban.

- though I cannot do that if they are in a Dundee top, an Aberdeen top, a St Mirren top and so on.

What a mess this country is.

22 minutes ago, ming the merciless said:

Irvine Welsh:

He's right to focus on the power element.

Something that isn't discussed enough. Mostly because the media either don't want to upset them or are hand in glove with them. 

22 minutes ago, ming the merciless said:

Irvine Welsh:

**** me if that is not Irvine Welsh's best work right there.It's been a long time coming but easily surpasses the narrative arc drivel we have been subjected to so far.

36 minutes ago, Homme said:

So are they affiliated with Celtic Boys club or not? Why would it bother them if Aberdeen fans sung about them?

Typical Cellik statement. 

They could say something about this but it gets them into difficulty with things like the bonfire song. 

11 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Chanting to do with Celtics Boys club.

This chant has to stop....

Singing about the victims of child sex abuse is pretty shameless.

Every week i get a snapchat from celtic mates before the game of them sing the IRA to the tune of beautiful sunday. The club absolutely love and would no way attempt to stop them singing their shite.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
12 hours ago, bean counter said:

To be honest I don't think many are surprised by the statement although many will be disappointed.

Celtic have deliberately avoided calling it sectarian singing the use of "Chants of this nature" shows they are scared of upsetting their own supporters which makes them really weak.

The more interesting part for me was the McInnes comment that at least the sectarian singing was going into the match delegates report it usually does not. I have always wanted to know how many times it is reported it should be every week every time it happens. If the match delegates are not reporting it why not have they been instructed or do they think it is acceptable

This with bells

Shocker! same old from them always about delflecting from the the real issue. again it was the whole Celtic end that could be heard singing it to DM but they are in the minortiry. 

You have to laugh. 

It should have been ten

Deflect deflect deflect. Celtic football club - Offended by everything, embarrassed by nothing 

It should have been ten
12 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

For all those who go at Ann Budge's statements and complain that why doesn't she go at the opposition's behaviour, this is what it looks like and how it undermines the sincerity of condemnation of behaviour of own fans.

It is a pathetic statement by Celtic and one they should be ashamed about. The fact that more words are used to go at Aberdeen fans then their own problems shows they dont really care.

Well said 

Brave Hearts

And are there any comments from the MSP James Kelly on this Sectarian singing and chanting by his beloved celtic fans ??

Wonder if he will raise this incident at the next First Minister Question’s ??

12 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Nothing about what Celtic as a football club are going to do about 

the sectarian chants.a classless organisation run by people who

Sweep the problem of sectetianism under the carpet so they

can maximise their profits 

Spot on ?

highlandjambo3
13 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Crush them into paste. Love it. 

That paste would be called wasabi...... green and nippy 

upgotheheads
13 hours ago, Deevers said:

Always the victim card played by them. Ashamed of nothing, a thoroughly despicable organisation. I hope we thrash them.

13 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Victims

Their 'victim' mentality is really pathetic. I watched the game on Celtic TV and within minutes the commentators were whining about the ref's obvious bias against their adorable and wholly innocent darlings.

The whole world's against them, why can't everyone else appreciate  their glorious and utterly noble cause?