• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• Toxteth O'Grady

• Victorian

Always the victim card played by them. Ashamed of nothing, a thoroughly despicable organisation. I hope we thrash them.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That is a pathetic and classless statement. 

From a pathetic and classless club. 

They have no interest in making any positive change in Scottish football. About time the media actually sacked up and questioned them on this. 

jamboinglasgow

For all those who go at Ann Budge's statements and complain that why doesn't she go at the opposition's behaviour, this is what it looks like and how it undermines the sincerity of condemnation of behaviour of own fans.

It is a pathetic statement by Celtic and one they should be ashamed about. The fact that more words are used to go at Aberdeen fans then their own problems shows they dont really care.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

For all those who go at Ann Budge's statements and complain that why doesn't she go at the opposition's behaviour, this is what it looks like and how it undermines the sincerity of condemnation of behaviour of own fans.

It is a pathetic statement by Celtic and one they should be ashamed about. The fact that more words are used to go at Aberdeen fans then their own problems shows they dont really care.

:spoton:

Romanov Stole My Pension
4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly! Shows the difference in class between Budge and Celtic. We're not blaming anyone else for our own problems.

Geoff the Mince

The scummiest club in world football .

I was going to list  my reasons for hating them but I better not ! 

Any journalist, newspaper or pundit worth their salt would rip that statement apart.

That they won’t is the reason why they’ll continue to release similar statements in the future.

Completely untouchable and aided by a complicit media.

There’s no point in letting it bother you. Suck it up or pack it in. Nothing’s changing anytime soon.

joondalupjambo

They need not worry in the short term. The SFA will chicken out doing anything about any singing.  And Police Scotland will continue to throw in the we are investigating line.  However all the club's, and the rest of the do nothing types, might have a problem if the politicians come up with some laws that are clear and work in relation to singing certain things.

I know they have tried before to use the law however they have said clearly to the SFA come up with actions or we will act. I think they are building up to another go and will have learned from their previous attempt. 

Interesting times ahead with all this but I fear that we may get caught in the cross fire.  All Celtic are doing with this statement is stoking the fire so let them kick on along that line.  I think it might upset the high heid yins in the parly. At least Budge, rightly or wrongly, acted recently rather than playing the victim card like this mob.

Edited by joondalupjambo

maroonshrew

and this absolutely pathetic and cowardly statement is exactly why it's so frustrating when anyone ever responds to questions of bigotry, abuse, racism or sexism on here with 'we're not as bad as XXXXX' or 'I hope XXXXX get the same' 

This is about more than football and thankfully Budge gets that. 

chester copperpot
16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Absolutely brilliant statement. 

Despicable statement . One expected from such a brutal and shameful club. Hope we cuff these tosses on the 25th May.  Hate these wanks 

Nothing about what Celtic as a football club are going to do about 

the sectarian chants.a classless organisation run by people who

Sweep the problem of sectetianism under the carpet so they

can maximise their profits 

Captain Sausage

Embarrassing statement from an embarrassing club. 

This is shows why Ann’s approach makes sense. We are tackling our problem head on. We are doing something proactive to address it. As we start to succeed, Ann can then go after these arseholes with both barrels. 

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Embarrassing statement from an embarrassing club. 

This is shows why Ann’s approach makes sense. We are tackling our problem head on. We are doing something proactive to address it. As we start to succeed, Ann can then go after these arseholes with both barrels. 

? well said

i wish jj was my dad

These scummy pricks keep surprising me with the depths that they are prepared to sink. Compare that to Queen Ann's actions with the scummy pricks that associate with our club. 

Their fans would and will always demand that more attention is paid to perceived discrimination against them,   rather than addressing the matter at hand.    Celtic will always pander to that demand.     The statement is almost exclusively for their own support.     This will never change.      

Exactly what you would expect of those scum. The investing of £100k on better cctv might prove a blessing in disguise. We should film them and record them every time they visit and actively highlight it in the press the following day. Once the FoH take over I would like to see this proposed immediately for all visiting supporters. At the moment we are still being "political" with other teams in the league, that needs to stop. 

We need to sort out our own little sectarian clowns as well mind. 

jamboinglasgow

You would think if Celtic meant the first part of the statement they would start with an apology to Derek McInnes....

Hearts and Hibs have both taken big steps recently to tackle problems, Celtic are too scared of their fans (or too worried about losing money from certain kinds of fans) that they wont do anything.

bean counter

To be honest I don't think many are surprised by the statement although many will be disappointed.

Celtic have deliberately avoided calling it sectarian singing the use of "Chants of this nature" shows they are scared of upsetting their own supporters which makes them really weak.

The more interesting part for me was the McInnes comment that at least the sectarian singing was going into the match delegates report it usually does not. I have always wanted to know how many times it is reported it should be every week every time it happens. If the match delegates are not reporting it why not have they been instructed or do they think it is acceptable

25 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This. That statement is absolutely pathetic, although not quite as bad as their previous statements on the victims of child sexual abuse. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Dingo Dave said:

What was allegedly chanted by the Aberdeen fans? Can’t imagine anything sectarian 

Chanting to do with Celtics Boys club.

Bridge of Djoum
19 minutes ago, The Doc said:

Any journalist, newspaper or pundit worth their salt would rip that statement apart.

That they won’t is the reason why they’ll continue to release similar statements in the future.

Completely untouchable and aided by a complicit media.

There’s no point in letting it bother you. Suck it up or pack it in. Nothing’s changing anytime soon.

Tom English and Graeme Spiers will. 

Bridge of Djoum

Please, Mrs Budge. Ban these despicable reptiles from Tynecastle. Cut or take away their allocation. As much as you can if not all.

A quite incredibly immature statement, and one they should be absolutely embarrassed about putting their name to. It's no wonder things haven't improved on sectarianism with attitudes like that being common place. 

It’s basically saying we don’t like it but if you do it to us we will do it to you! Jesus can that horrible vile club get any lower! Answer is a big fat No but I bet they will try the hardest to out do themselves. 

46 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

image.png.e645ee432e52b484e46cf785f4ebd36c.png

My god they are pathetic, and I hope we crush them into paste on 25 May.

Poor wee innocent Celtic Football Club & their wholesome supporters. Always picked on. 

Anyone really that surprised? 

Shameful statement. 

Crush them into paste should be our cup final mantra! 

Was that statement proof read by the Goon brigade? I burst out laughing at the certified victim hood when I heard it on the news. I'd be embarrassed if Hearts ever came out with that kind of self affronted defensiveness. Far better to take things in hand and act upon it.

joondalupjambo

What were some of our fans singing when Pat Fenlon got sent off in the 2012 final for doing the same gesture as McInnes?

Was it the cheer up song?  Please tell me it was'nt.

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

What were some of our fans singing when Pat Fenlon got sent off in the 2012 final for doing the same gesture as McInnes?

There's only Pat Fenlon and Fenlon give us a wave

Stephane Grappelli
2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Fenlon, Fenlon give us a wave.  Nothing sectarian.

Edited by Stephane Grappelli

joondalupjambo
Just now, lou said:

There's only Pat Fenlon and Fenlon give us a wave

Phew thank goodness for that.  I was there but just could not remember.  

14 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

A quite incredibly immature statement, and one they should be absolutely embarrassed about putting their name to. It's no wonder things haven't improved on sectarianism with attitudes like that being common place. 

I'm pretty sure their last statement when they were called up on their supporters misbehaviour had exactly the same 'they started it' tone. They must be so entwined in groupthink that they don't even stop to reflect on what their official response should be. Acknowledge vaguely and deflect is all that is.