Reserves V Killie - 2PM

sandyk

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We just have 2 subs today

Kevin Silva and Jay Charleston-King

You can tell its desperate when Malaury is getting a gig

CornhillHearts

0-0 ht hearts with only silva - (wonder if he can play out) on the bench, makavora took a dull one after about 20 minutes. 

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Anyone able to confirm why we have such a sparse bench? 

wood shortages - people stockpiling for a hard Brexit ?

Edited by scott herbertson

Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

:bucktooth:

Heartsofgold
13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Sad as I am, that actually made me laugh.

The Treasurer
51 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Levein refusing to allow youngsters any game time

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Finished. Despite the lack of timber we still managed to board up the goal. 

Scoreless 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

Sad as I am, that actually made me laugh.

Even sadder that I thought of it - moment of boredom and putting off the gardening

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, cocobeab said:

The U18s are playing tomorrow afternoon at Kilmanock, questions for the Rangers game over who Levein plays and wants to protect for the final, and another reserve game on Monday.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
26 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Any noteworthy performances?

Petkov - I'm warming to him as a centre back where he can play with the game all in front of him, rather than in midfield where he wasn't as effective having to work both forward and back.

Tommi smells blood
35 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Any noteworthy performances?

Hickey had some flashes of brilliance for me. Hamilton looks the most unbothered CH have seen, strolled through the game (not that he had much to do) without a care in the world. Great to see that level of composure 

18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The U18s are playing tomorrow afternoon at Kilmanock, questions for the Rangers game over who Levein plays and wants to protect for the final, and another reserve game on Monday.

Quite a few regulars playing for their loan clubs at the weekend as well. 

CornhillHearts

As above, thought Petkov and Hamilton stood out, Makavora having to go off imo left us a bit toothless up front. The lad who came on tried but didn't get much from their big centre halfs

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Much obliged 

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Petkov - I'm warming to him as a centre back where he can play with the game all in front of him, rather than in midfield where he wasn't as effective having to work both forward and back.

Only remember him once v St Mirren in the fish and chip cup (or whatever it's called these days), although I think he might have had a first team game a couple of years ago.  He seems to have been here for ages, is he still a prospect?

Footballfirst
21 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Only remember him once v St Mirren in the fish and chip cup (or whatever it's called these days), although I think he might have had a first team game a couple of years ago.  He seems to have been here for ages, is he still a prospect?

He played one game in the league cup against East Fife at the start of last season, but wasn't great and was subbed at half time.

He's still only 19, but I think he may be out of contract at the end of the season (I can't recall it being extended).

On 18/04/2019 at 16:26, Footballfirst said:

On 18/04/2019 at 21:18, Footballfirst said:

He played one game in the league cup against East Fife at the start of last season, but wasn't great and was subbed at half time.

He's still only 19, but I think he may be out of contract at the end of the season (I can't recall it being extended).

Petkov's contract extended to May 2020

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/petkov-extends-contract

53 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Looks like the reserves are trying to emualte the 1st team.

https://spfl.co.uk/league/rl1/table

I think that's a consequence of 1st team injuries.

When you have 4 or 5 of your 1st team out injured you have to put in 4 or 5 second choices which in turn weakens the reserves.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I think that's a consequence of 1st team injuries.

When you have 4 or 5 of your 1st team out injured you have to put in 4 or 5 second choices which in turn weakens the reserves.

Could be however we do have a big squad and can use a lot of the players that are out on development loans. We have players such as  Martin and Edwards who have hardly played if at all for the first team and also the reserves until recently. The guys who are on the bench week in week out can be utilised also.

I understand also that the league position is not quite as important as for the 1st Team as it is a means to develop younger players and give game time to players returning from injury although I am not sure CL does that very often.

18 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

oh look an 18 team league. What a novel concept

Yes with seven teams that are not in the SPFL.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Could be however we do have a big squad and can use a lot of the players that are out on development loans. We have players such as  Martin and Edwards who have hardly played if at all for the first team and also the reserves until recently. The guys who are on the bench week in week out can be utilised also.

I understand also that the league position is not quite as important as for the 1st Team as it is a means to develop younger players and give game time to players returning from injury although I am not sure CL does that very often.

Reserve games are usually Monday afternoons which makes it tough for the guys out on dev loans if they played 90 for their loan club on the previous Saturday. Reserve team this season has been heavily populated with u-17/18’s, certainly full of teenagers. 

Footballfirst

The U18s beat Hibs 2-1 at East Mains last night with the scorers being Aiden Denholm and Dean Ritchie from a penalty.

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The U18s beat Hibs 2-1 at East Mains last night with the scorers being Aiden Denholm and Dean Ritchie from a penalty.

Great stuff.

Governor Tarkin
On 18/04/2019 at 14:00, scott herbertson said:

:D

6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Yes with seven teams that are not in the SPFL.

which seven ? last time I checked they all were .

1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

which seven ? last time I checked they all were .

Seven are from the Championship.

I realise what you are saying thought it's a slip beacuse I wrote SPFL which should really have been Scottish Premieship.

Edited by wavydavy