Reserves V Killie - 2PM

sandyk

Start for Vanecek.  Could be looking to utilise him in the next few matches to rest others?

Line up

Silva

Logan
Hickey

Hamilton

Petkov

Morrison

Cochrane

Irving
Edwards

Smith

Vanecek

If Vanecek has a decent game in the reserves, I would like to at least see him make the bench for the upcoming SPFL games.  We can't afford to overwork players with such a big game coming up in May.

CloustonHMFC

I think we’ll see more of him the next few games, if only to rest players for the final. His time will be next season. 

20 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Start for Vanecek.  Could be looking to utilise him in the next few matches to rest others?

Line up

Silva

Logan
Hickey

Hamilton

Petkov

Morrison

Cochrane

Irving
Edwards

Smith

Vanecek

Team for Celtic in league 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Any background on Aidy White?  Is he even training with us?

2 years out, no info, but I would imagine his fitness is being very carefully built with a view to hitting pre season in good shape.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

2 years out, no info, but I would imagine his fitness is being very carefully built with a view to hitting pre season in good shape.

Sensible

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

I think we’ll see more of him the next few games, if only to rest players for the final. His time will be next season. 

Let's hope so. He had us believing he wasn't a huddie and would score for fun.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hearts 1 up according to Betfair

Chris Hamilton stoops to head in Connor Smith cross

Edited by BelgeJambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Chris Hamilton stoops to head in Connor Smith cross

Cheers, just got that through the Twitter feed if anyone interested in following the game

31 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Any background on Aidy White?  Is he even training with us?

I was about to ask the same question. 

DAVID VANECEK! Callum Morrison gets in behind the defence and hits a low cross to the back-post where Vanecek finishes from a narrow angle!

3-0

jamboinglasgow

Hopefully scoring and playing is building his confidence up, I can see it being a big pre-season for him in the summer which will make or break his time here.

Finlay James

Chris Hamilton & Connor Smith seem to be involved in most of the positive play in the reserve games.  Are they likely to go out in loan next season?

Also, to those at the match, are Cochrane and Irving playing well?

17 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Vanecek is gonna score the cup winning goal. I can feel it in my waters.

The reserves have already won it. 

44 minutes ago, sandyk said:

DAVID VANECEK! Callum Morrison gets in behind the defence and hits a low cross to the back-post where Vanecek finishes from a narrow angle!

3-0

With aplomb :D 

I imagine the Kilmarnock equivalent of KB will be having a mini meltdown and a Steve oot! campaign will be starting soon. 

5-0

AND THERE'S NUMBER FIVE! LEWIS MOORE! Brilliant ball from Irving finds Henderson, who back heels it to Moore. The winger takes it onto his right and curls it into the bottom corner!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Imagine they had their backsides kicked for last week. Bit of a poor reaction after winning the cup. Back to their form of late again today.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

What's the script with Lewis Moore ? Playing for Forfar and Hearts reserves ?

Henderson at Montrose, Currie at East Fife, all allowed under the recent Development Loan system. Zanatta even. Good for the parent club and the part time teams. Something our system has got right I believe

22 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What's the script with Lewis Moore ? Playing for Forfar and Hearts reserves ?

Everyone on loan can play for the reserves. 

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Callumn Morrison was undoubtedly the man of the match, scoring two goals and setting up another - but his day was dampened when he was stretchered off with just a few minutes to play.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/matchzone/41/matchreport/

How many players have we had stretchered off games this season, seems like every reserve game has one player for us stretchered off or in a protective boot,

Maroon Sailor
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Everyone on loan can play for the reserves. 

He must be knackered though - does a lot of running. Playing for two teams is bound to take it out of him

Calebs Grandad

A Scottish Cup Double for HMFC ?? the reserves winning their one was the start of an historic year for the club 

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He must be knackered though - does a lot of running. Playing for two teams is bound to take it out of him

He played just over an hour on Saturday and less than 30 minutes today. 

If he plays a full 90 on the Saturday I'm not sure he features for the reserves. 

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

He played just over an hour on Saturday and less than 30 minutes today. 

If he plays a full 90 on the Saturday I'm not sure he features for the reserves. 

That would make sense

Morrison's injury looked a bad one. Last minute chase for the ball with the goalkeeper who got there fractionally quicker; you could hear the crack as their legs clashed.  Free kick to Killie but there was no intent on either side - a very unfortunate accident. Morrison was clearly in a lot of pain and what was left of the game was held up for over 5 minutes while he was attended to.

Easy win over what was effectively a Killie under 18 team. Good, solid performance, well worked goals and it could have been 10 if not for Hearts taking a rest for most of the second half. 

Morrison just shared a story on Instagram of his knee in a proper knee brace then removed it, not quite sure why it was removed.

40 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Is Daniel Baur heading for the exit door. Doesn’t seem quoted / rated ? 

Came on as a sub against Motherwell in the cup final and last week against Falkirk. 

Not sure of other recent appearances. But he was out suspended recently as well for a week or two.