Where will this rank if we win?

Rick James

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Anyone think that the folk who are putting the potential 2019 cup win ahead of ‘98 and the 5-1, are doing so purely because of who this years opposition is?

Definitely. 98 and 2012 are obviously iconic wins for different reasons but beating Celtic this year would be a much bigger achievement in a playing sense. I mean we've never seen a team dominate Scottish football for so long the way Celtic have been doing the last few seasons. There's never been such a financial gap between one team and everyone else. We're massive underdogs and they are going for the whole unprecedented treble treble thing. Hope we can have this discussion after the final anyhow!

Edited by Guest

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Boab

• Bazzas right boot

• BOBTHEBRUCE

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely. 98 and 2012 are obviously iconic wins for different reasons but beating Celtic this year would be a much bigger achievement in a playing sense. I mean we've never seen a team dominate Scottish football for so long the way Celtic have been doing the last few seasons. There's never been such a financial gap between one team and everyone else. We're massive underdogs and they are going for the whole unprecedented treble treble thing. Hope we can have this discussion after the final anyhow!

Sure thing!

:thumbsup:

I detest them i really do 

Cocky arrogant inbreds 

Nobody gives us a chance

They think its a matter of simply turning up 

I'd absolutely love to beat them and I'd take a boring tight penalty win with 11 men behind the ball as long as we beat them 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

I don’t think you can be as glib as that to be honest.

For example, beating Celtic in any way would be a better accomplishment than scraping home against Gretna on penalties.

The feeling of winning the cup is always superb but it would be a much better achievement (which is the basic premise of the thread).

What if we thumped them 4-0 again?

Just the same as 1-1 against Gretna?

A rare cup win is a rare cup win. All won different ways but the same feeling when that final whistle goes or last pen goes in.

Heart of Midlothian,  Scottish Cup Winners year **** is what counts.

1-1 v Gretna included a cup semi final humping of our City rivals, 98 was a long awaited relief, '12 we beat Celtic in a semi and humped our City rivals in the final , all at the end of the day show our name as that years winners of the Scottish Cup, something I hope we see this year after a free pass to the final.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I can’t even..Let’s face it it would be nearing 5-1 levels. The 06 final which is always overlooked should be seen as an example of how a poorer squad can take it all the way. Gretna were unlucky not to win-they turned up and played the game of their lives,this isn’t impossible, we’re huge underdogs but anything can happen on cup final day.

I want Naismith back fit for the final, and I want him to punch the ball in the net in the 92nd minute to put us 1-0 up.

It would be the best.

vlad on the tyne

To beat a team that has won the last 8 domestic trophies in a row with a team that is nowhere near the 98 team would be tremendous. Even better would be to win it with a dodgy decision as it would be great to get some payback for 86. 

gashauskis9

Based on cup wins in my lifetime

1. 1998

2. 2019 (hopefully)

3. 2012

4. 2006

I’m basing this on achievement, not spectacle.  On spectacle, 2012 wins every time.

In terms of dominance, this Celtic side is up there with the Rangers side of 98.  Just like then, nobody is expecting us to win and that’s what will make it sweeter.

18 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Based on cup wins in my lifetime

1. 1998

2. 2019 (hopefully)

3. 2012

4. 2006

I’m basing this on achievement, not spectacle.  On spectacle, 2012 wins every time.

In terms of dominance, this Celtic side is up there with the Rangers side of 98.  Just like then, nobody is expecting us to win and that’s what will make it sweeter.

This

Taking sentiment out of it, in terms of footballing achievement, this is about the right answer IMO.

The draw to get here doesn’t matter — we now face by far the strongest team in scotland for the past 7 years or so to win the thing.

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, Morgan said:

Anyone think that the folk who are putting the potential 2019 cup win ahead of ‘98 and the 5-1, are doing so purely because of who this years opposition is?

Nah. 

Think folk rate 2012 for that reason. 

For me

5 years after admin 

Underdogs

Levein's first trophy. 

Ending the treble treble would just be the cherry on the cake. 

Craig Levein lifting that trophy is what would make it extra special. 

98' would be difficult to beat but this would be better than 06 and12. Both these were about relief and 12 was a done deal since 50 minutes, winning the cup this year would be pure joy in every way, if we do win the game will be like 98' as well, be prepared. ?