BBC Sportscene

sniffer

Two cup semi finals, two 3-0 results but the highlights and discussion around one match this evening lasted twice as long as the other. Guess which one?

Now I know that the first half of the Hearts v ICT game was pretty dire but does the BBC even bother disguising its West coast bias anymore?

Edited by sniffer
Correction

Thought Police

Yeah the BBC showed our game. Tonight was their first chance to show/discuss the Celtic game

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Tbh they did show our game live

I saw our game live too ..... because I was at Hampden. ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, sniffer said:

I saw our game live too ..... because I was at Hampden. ?

Was at hampden aswell 

been here before
13 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Two cup semi finals, two 3-0 results but the highlights and discussion around one match this evening lasted twice as long as the other. Guess which one?

Now I know that the first half of the Hearts v ICT game was pretty dire but does the BBC even bother disguising its West coast bias anymore?

:lol:

'kinnel.

23 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Straws.    Clutching

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, sniffer said:

The celtic game was direcas well. 

They don't hide it. Their bias for the west Coast there for all to see. I hope we stuff Celtic so that we can laugh at the sad faces that would appear on that programme.

Tynecastlesmychurch
Just now, Deevers said:

They don't hide it. Their bias for the west Coast there for all to see. I hope we stuff Celtic so that we can laugh at the sad faces that would appear on that programme.

Doesn't matter buddy. We're massive underdogs for a reason. In the unlikely event we stun them and win you know the topic on sportsound, sportscene and just bbc scotland in general will just be about what went wrong with celtic. Thats the way it is in this country.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, sniffer said:

Our game is available in full on the iPlayer so probably fair enough to devote more time on Sportscene to their game.

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, sniffer said:

Get a life ?

Fozzyonthefence

Shocked they mentioned the sectarian abuse at McInnes and you could feel them squirming with embarrassment at having to do so.  If it wasn’t for McInnes’s reaction and red card, however, it wouldn’t even have got a mention.

I hope it's possible for these media "neutrals" to discuss the final without even mentioning us.  

I really wish their idols could play in England or Latvia or anywhere except Scotland.  We've suffered their hideous behaviour for long enough.

As an aside, I see McInnes was sent off because of his reaction to sectarian abuse.  Didn't any officials hear that abuse and report it or does McInnes have special ears?

It's all just so wearisome.  Nothing ever changes.

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, jb102 said:

As well as talking pish Michael Stewart needs a shave and his bags done.Hagard scruff.

Bags lol.

ToadKiller Dog

Eleven sports gets first pick, the bbc was always going to show our game live the way the draw fell. 

It was right on this occasion that they gave yesterday's game more time. 

It's always interesting to watch Stewart try his hardest to give hearts as few compliments as he possibly can and try to hold in the dislike he has for Levein. 

11 hours ago, jb102 said:

As well as talking pish Michael Stewart needs a shave and his bags done.Hagard scruff.

Haha! My missus said exactly the same thing! looks like a tramp sitting next to Steven Thompson!

Silvery_Moon
13 hours ago, sniffer said:

They always focus more on the Sunday semi final as they have already covered the Saturday match live. 

Heart of Darkness

I thought last night they spent most of the time talking about the Inverness disallowed goal and Uche being offside for the penalty!! No credit to us on actually winning. 

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Shocked they mentioned the sectarian abuse at McInnes and you could feel them squirming with embarrassment at having to do so.  If it wasn’t for McInnes’s reaction and red card, however, it wouldn’t even have got a mention.

Aberdeen fans are being investigated for sectarian singing aimed at Steven Gerrard last month at Ibrox, this was mcinnes’s way of highlighting the sectarian signing aimed at him. I thought that he was trying to get Craig Thomson over to speak to him and get him to mention it in his report but Thomson sent him off without getting within 20 yards of McInnes, in his after match interview mcinnes said that he has heard the singing “a hundred times before and never reacted” so why react now, because it has to now be dealt with.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, five wan said:

Aberdeen fans are being investigated for sectarian singing aimed at Steven Gerrard last month at Ibrox, this was mcinnes’s way of highlighting the sectarian signing aimed at him. I thought that he was trying to get Craig Thomson over to speak to him and get him to mention it in his report but Thomson sent him off without getting within 20 yards of McInnes, in his after match interview mcinnes said that he has heard the singing “a hundred times before and never reacted” so why react now, because it has to now be dealt with.

Players are being encouraged to leave the pitch if they are subjected to racial abuse. 

Managers and players get sent off if they react to sectarian abuse. 

Just watched the highlights. How  'Thommo' can say Mularaney got the last touch from that clip is laughable. At least he disagreed with Stewart saying they're could have been an offside at the penalty. The only guy in the whole stadium who thought Ikpeazu was offside.

Also, noticed in the BBC live website feed, Thommo using the long ball to Ikpeazu line to describe us in the first half. We might have launched it a couple of times but it was my no means our only tactic with Mulraney being our main outlet. Just a lazy, lazy line  A couple of absolute roasters.

16 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

Straws.    Clutching

OP may be. But that's not to say the bias doesn't exist: it obviously does. 

15 hours ago, jb102 said:

He also had a classic ‘could of’ moment. 

Numbskull who tries to come over as being intelligent. 

Edited by Rudolf

40 minutes ago, Royal Jambo said:

Just watched the highlights. How  'Thommo' can say Mularaney got the last touch from that clip is laughable. At least he disagreed with Stewart saying they're could have been an offside at the penalty. The only guy in the whole stadium who thought Ikpeazu was offside.

Also, noticed in the BBC live website feed, Thommo using the long ball to Ikpeazu line to describe us in the first half. We might have launched it a couple of times but it was my no means our only tactic with Mulraney being our main outlet. Just a lazy, lazy line  A couple of absolute roasters.

The slow motion replay they showed, indicates that the linesman got the offside decision spot on.  To suggest otherwise is wilful blindness.

1 hour ago, Royal Jambo said:

Both of them desperate to say negative things about us. Week in week out always the same negative pish. Thommo because he just does not like us and Stewart simply spouts this stuff because of his oh so boring vendetta with Levein

Edited by Deevers

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

He also had a classic ‘could of’ moment. 

Numbskull who tries to come over as being intelligent. 

Not to mention his frozen, frozed and freezed highlight play back.

Just catching this. Celtic were no great shakes but didn't have to be. Can't really argue with either red but WTF is that penalty about? Soft as ****. Barely touched him

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Just catching this. Celtic were no great shakes but didn't have to be. Can't really argue with either red but WTF is that penalty about? Soft as ****. Barely touched him

I don't really get the first red. It was unfortunate but I can't work out what rule the guy's meant to have broken that meant it was a foul, let alone a yellow card. He tried to play the ball and he didn't act dangerously, it was just bad luck. As far as I could tell he got sent off because a Celtic player got hurt, not because he committed a foul. 

14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't really get the first red. It was unfortunate but I can't work out what rule the guy's meant to have broken that meant it was a foul, let alone a yellow card. He tried to play the ball and he didn't act dangerously, it was just bad luck. As far as I could tell he got sent off because a Celtic player got hurt, not because he committed a foul. 

I thought similar at first, but, it was a late challenge. And if they had both gone into a tackle with feet and he'd been late like that it would have been a yellow (at least) whether he meant to foul him or not. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I thought similar at first, but, it was a late challenge. And if they had both gone into a tackle with feet and he'd been late like that it would have been a yellow (at least) whether he meant to foul him or not. 

I'm not so sure, this was a 50/50, not a tackle on a guy in possession so whoever didn't win the ball would be late by that definition. He wasn't out of control, he didn't lead with studs, he was just beaten to the ball in a genuine competitive moment IMO.

I  think it was just one of those unfortunate things that happen in a physical game. I actually got knocked out in a similar incident in my younger days, the guy was distraught but everyone assured him it was just one of those things.

Of course, back then I played on in a daze and got taken into hospital later, most irritating night of my life even though I only vaguely remember it. 

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not so sure, this was a 50/50, not a tackle on a guy in possession so whoever didn't win the ball would be late by that definition. He wasn't out of control, he didn't lead with studs, he was just beaten to the ball in a genuine competitive moment IMO.

And if any player is that late with a tackle it's usually at least a yellow. 

40 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don’t think it was a red on it’s own but it was a booking and he’d already been booked.

the 2nd was a red all day. Daft challenge 

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don’t think it was a red on it’s own but it was a booking and he’d already been booked.

His first booking was for nothing, and despite the ref indicating otherwise, it was his first foul in the game. (according to Sportscene)

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

And if any player is that late with a tackle it's usually at least a yellow. 

He wasn't that late though, I've just watched it a few times and when he made his move to jump the ball was there to be challenged for. 

I just don't see it as anything other than an unlucky collision. 

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

the 2nd was a red all day. Daft challenge 

I don't really see it as a yellow, or even a foul, it was an honest attempt to win a 50 50 and the other guy got there first. 

The second red though, no arguments there! :laugh:

Calebs Grandad
18 hours ago, jb102 said:

And these horrendous albino eyelashes dyed 

4 hours ago, Deevers said:

Both of them desperate to say negative things about us. Week in week out always the same negative pish. Thommo because he just does not like us and Stewart simply spouts this stuff because of his oh so boring vendetta with Levein

Just listening to sport sound and as usual Stewart slaughtering Hearts again. 

Listening to sport sound thought Michael Stewart has some valid points 

regarding our decline after the first ten games a good listen .

Maroon Sailor
28 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Valid points ?

All our main players were crocked at the same time

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Valid points ?

All ignored. Stewart has the blinkers on when it comes to us.  

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Valid points ?

He made very valid points actually.

26 of our 50 points were won in the first ten matches....we’ve won 24 points from the 23 games since. We’ve dropped a horrendous amount of points to lower league opponents in that time.

He also pointed out we didn’t really feel the effects of losing Berra and Souttar as Dunne and Dikamona were doing such a fine job. It was further up the park where we lost momentum but with it being very much a squad game these days you’d think from 19 players signed we’ve at least have some sort of adequate back up.

He then went on to say Levein is a destructive style of manager rather than a creative one. He expanded on this by saying CL is more focused on stopping teams playing first and foremost.

Like I said.....all very valid.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

He made very valid points actually.

26 of our 50 points were won in the first ten matches....we’ve won 24 points from the 23 games since. We’ve dropped a horrendous amount of points to lower league opponents in that time.

He also pointed out we didn’t really feel the effects of losing Berra and Souttar as Dunne and Dikamona were doing such a fine job. It was further up the park where we lost momentum but with it being very much a squad game these days you’d think from 19 players signed we’ve at least have some sort of adequate back up.

He then went on to say Levein is a destructive style of manager rather than a creative one. He expanded on this by saying CL is more focused on stopping teams playing first and foremost.

Like I said.....all very valid.

We’ve beat all the lower league opponents we’ve faced. That’s why we’re in the Scottish Cup Final. 

47 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Thought michael stewart was spot on with how our season has panned out worth listening to

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’ve beat all the lower league opponents we’ve faced. That’s why we’re in the Scottish Cup Final. 

I meant lower placed league opponents....

ie St Mirren, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston and Hamilton.

feedtheroman2

No mention of the blatant gfa-refereeing in games against St Johnstone, the rangers etc that cost us points as well.

All brushed under the carpet 

gorgie rd eh11

it's a waste of time asking Michael Stewart or anybody at the BBC about Hearts.

If you haven't bothered listening to tonight's show don't bother.