Tickets For Final

ronnie_fife

1 hour ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Current Season Ticket Holders who have already renewed  should get first dibs, could/should factor in a FOH parameter also.

an opportunity to “reward”FOH subscribers and also an opportunity to increase subscriber numbers if administered correctly.

The only reward I want from my FOH subscription is to still have a club to be able to buy tickets from. The more tickets I buy the more accessible tickets become, it’s all rather simple really.

The loyalty point/season ticket/FOH discussion only happens for Hibs away and Cup Finals where people that used to go to games decide they fancy a day out so concoct random reward scenarios to somehow validate why they should be able to buy a ticket at the same time as the guys that attend way more often.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

11 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Just read snippets of this thread as it’s pretty much a rehash thread which appears for every single big game.

What I do find crazy, and I say this as someone who would not be affected, is the suggestion that Hearts shouldn’t cash in on next year’s ST sales by offering a cup final ticket as an incentive. A bit Hibs, so let’s not do it? That’s what I call mental!

If we can get another 3,000 STs away at £400 a pop and that gets the club £1.2m, takes us up to 16,000+ and gives us the chance to half the Glasgow clubs’ allocations. Something we all want, no?

Spot on!!! 100% agreed.

KyleLafferty
43 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Not the case for our two most recent finals in 2012 and 2013. Both were sold on loyalty points. No ‘season ticket’ priority for either match.

So not really ‘end of’.

Not really fussed mate, I’ll get a ticket anyway ?? 

We_are_the_Hearts

Should be done by loyalty points. Weird that folk think a Season ticket holder should get priority. Doesn't work that way any  other game away from Tynie. A season ticket gets you a seat for each home match and a LP allocation.

16 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Just read snippets of this thread as it’s pretty much a rehash thread which appears for every single big game.

What I do find crazy, and I say this as someone who would not be affected, is the suggestion that Hearts shouldn’t cash in on next year’s ST sales by offering a cup final ticket as an incentive. A bit Hibs, so let’s not do it? That’s what I call mental!

If we can get another 3,000 STs away at £400 a pop and that gets the club £1.2m, takes us up to 16,000+ and gives us the chance to half the Glasgow clubs’ allocations. Something we all want, no?

Spot  on

Mr Elwood P
20 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

That’s obviously the correct logical answer and undoubtedly the conclusion Ann Budge will arrive at. I just cannot fathom any opposition to the idea at all.

vincent vega

Surely the reason we have a loyalty point system is for occasions like this? So just do the same as in 2012, which worked fine. 

If the club want to use it as an opportunity to shift ST's for next season then announce the points will be added with immediate effect. It's then not guaranteeing them a final ticket but still gives an incentive to those short for whatever the initial threshold may be.

fabienleclerq
23 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The only reward I want from my FOH subscription is to still have a club to be able to buy tickets from. The more tickets I buy the more accessible tickets become, it’s all rather simple really.

The loyalty point/season ticket/FOH discussion only happens for Hibs away and Cup Finals where people that used to go to games decide they fancy a day out so concoct random reward scenarios to somehow validate why they should be able to buy a ticket at the same time as the guys that attend way more often.

Bingo

7 hours ago, hearts151 said:

My memory of the final against HIBS was that I had 70+ points for getting a ticket no problem. But still queue after a heavy night at the ballroom on Monday morning with an out of date carryout for a friend to get her a ticket when they lowered it to 10points or whatever. 

There was a few hundred there and some even took my beer at 7am. However it actually still took a few days to finally sellout... And that was the final against hibs!! 

I do not doubt that anyone who wants a ticket will get one. No doubt whatsoever. I'm keen on getting 30-40 group together for this from various groups I'm mates with over the years and I'm not concerned about the LPs at all for some of the group that have near nothing these days. 

The sale of tickets is structured so that those most regular attending matches get first dibs.

If there had been a general sale tickets would be sold very quickly.

The speed of sale in that case is irrevelent. 

Even the 2006 final had people looking for tickets outside Hampden on the day of the match . I had a spare ticket due to a friend unable to make the game .

I sold the ticket to a young lad at face value and the look on his face when his request for a ticket was successful was rewarding enough.

Good luck with your ticket hunt for your mates, you'll need it ☺

joondalupjambo
8 hours ago, luckydug said:

You mean my season book is out of date ?

Flip I am still collecting the Hearts tokens on the back of the old programmes!  Can we still use those?

Diadora Van Basten
16 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How many of the 8000 FOH subscribers aren't season ticket holders? A handful of expats would be my guess.

I’m not a season ticket holder as I watch my son play juvenile football on a Saturday. Would imagine there will be a fair few FOH subscribers in the same boat.

Sadly as someone who isn't able to attend home games I'll be feeding on the scraps to try get myself and son a ticket.

He's caught the bug. Going to the semi has turned him into a fully fledged wee Jambo.

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/about-the-fan-rewards-scheme/

The FOH already has a rewards scheme which entitles you to discounts in health clubs, restaurants and hotels around Edinburgh. Why would ensuring a Scottish Cup final ticket suddenly change the tax implications?

I wasn't suggesting someone that pays £10 per month should be automatically be entitled to a ticket, however if it comes down to a low loyalty points threshold then a lot of FOH subscribers will be contributing more than someone on 10-15 LP.

It wasn't you I was particularly meaning. Someone earlier in the thread suggested FOH over season ticket holders. 

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

Agreed as mentioned earlier.who ultimately benefits.... we do, having a stronger team by having a bigger budget win win.

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

A very good post

Jasonauskas

Those that attended all  the games in the cup campaign should get first dibs, then loyalty points/ ST and so on?

2 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Spot on.  Some folk are so blinkered it's unreal.

1 minute ago, sassenach said:

This for me, keep things transparent and simple.

Does anyone have any idea, from past experience, how low the loyalty point threshold might eventually go? I only have 9 points, so I probably have little chance, but if I've a good chance I'll need to start booking a hotel and rail tickets.

I was amazed that the 2012 Final went to general sale. Wasn’t aware of that. Hope indeed for the low LP guys.

17 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Exact same.

Same. Live near Aberdeen. I know plenty the same. If i lived closer would have a season ticket but just cant afford it with the travel.

Living in Belgium for the last 13 years, I never bothered with a season ticket, but I bought into the "5 year plan" last season and bought my first season ticket, second one this season and next season procured also.  I have also attempted to get across more this season, including more away games to get LPs up.

Its a costly approach,  the other half isn't exactly gleaming about it, but, I just have to be at Hampden on the 25th.

Bindy Badgy
3 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Someone who has attended games regularly for the past 10 years but can't justify a season ticket due to working every other Saturday or whatever other reason would have a justifiable complaint if someone who hasn't been to a game in ten years gets a ticket first due to buying an ST for next season. You can't blame the club for wanting to cash in on the opportunity but it would stick in the throat for some people.

It doesn't matter how you structure sales there's always going to be someone that has a reasonable complaint about how it is handled.

Randy Marsh
39 minutes ago, Jasonauskas said:

Those that attended all  the games in the cup campaign should get first dibs, then loyalty points/ ST and so on?

No.

5 minutes ago, north wales jambo said:

Do people think 25 loyalty points will get me and my boys a ticket. 

Yes. As has been pointed out, 8 points secured a Hibs ticket in 2012. It is 25pts each you have and not 25 between you??? ?

Serge Pizzorno
12 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

It’s a card now 

When you reach a certain threshold of LPs you can receive it in book form as a ‘thank you’ almost. 

Quite smart and hopefully worth a bit in a few years

north wales jambo

I’ve got 25, both my sons have 24. Thanks for reply. Will be booking accommodation later hopefully 

Serge Pizzorno
3 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Should be done by loyalty points. Weird that folk think a Season ticket holder should get priority. Doesn't work that way any  other game away from Tynie. A season ticket gets you a seat for each home match and a LP allocation.

Even weirder the previous suggestion that Hearts World subscribers should get tickets?

By not attending games you should receive a ticket by that logic

12 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Someone who has attended games regularly for the past 10 years but can't justify a season ticket due to working every other Saturday or whatever other reason would have a justifiable complaint if someone who hasn't been to a game in ten years gets a ticket first due to buying an ST for next season. You can't blame the club for wanting to cash in on the opportunity but it would stick in the throat for some people.

It doesn't matter how you structure sales there's always going to be someone that has a reasonable complaint about how it is handled.

That doesn’t really hold up, Stokes, as LPs only go back this season and last season, with further manual adjustments up the road. If points kept accumulating year after year, there would be people with sackfuls of points, myself included.

System has always worked fine and LPs are the only way to do it again. 

Serge Pizzorno
6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Hold it at Murrayfield and we all get a ticket.....simple....!!

No cup final should ever be played at Murrayfield 

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Yes. As has been pointed out, 8 points secured a Hibs ticket in 2012. It is 25pts each you have and not 25 between you??? ?

It was 20pts in 2012.

Just now, Serge Pizzorno said:

No cup final should ever be played at Murrayfield 

I know it's contentious but it's a far superior stadium in every way. SFA missed a trick there.

chester copperpot

Spoke to a couple of big Celtic fans at my work today and even they were wishing the SFA would see sense and move this to Murrayfield so that more people could attend.

Both think Hampden is a dump and so tricky to get to.

I know it's not going to happen but I still think those that want to go will get a ticket.

Gobsmacked that the loyalty point threshold for the 2012 final was 8 points. 

Bindy Badgy
12 minutes ago, Boab said:

That doesn’t really hold up, Stokes, as LPs only go back this season and last season, with further manual adjustments up the road. If points kept accumulating year after year, there would be people with sackfuls of points, myself included.

System has always worked fine and LPs are the only way to do it again. 

10 years is an exaggeration but the general point is the same. I agree with your last sentance :)  

Order for Scottish Cup final tickets should be :

Phase One - 18/19 Season Ticket Holders

Phase Two - X number of Loyalty Points 

if we cant shift 21/22k after these 2 phases then there is something wrong.

Randy Marsh
7 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Spoke to a couple of big Celtic fans at my work today and even they were wishing the SFA would see sense and move this to Murrayfield so that more people could attend.

Both think Hampden is a dump and so tricky to get to.

I know it's not going to happen but I still think those that want to go will get a ticket.

Gobsmacked that the loyalty point threshold for the 2012 final was 8 points

Yeah I have vague memories of it dropping very low.  Its quite possible it could drop to 4-5 points for this final.  I think some folk will be put off with it being Celtic this time.

1 minute ago, Stokesy said:

10 years is an exaggeration but the general point is the same. I agree with your last sentance :)  

Yip. I take your point. The talk of guaranteeing your cup final brief by buying a ST is self-explanatory. 20pts for buying a ST, plus whatever you’ve already got, will get you a ticket no problem. Anyone who has had a ST for the last two seasons will be sitting on at least 40 Pts, 60 if they have already bought next season’s.

Sorry for the ramble !

Buy a ST and you will go to the ball, basically !

19 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How many dirty sevco fans will get tickets to bolster our ever growing tea towel brigade?

If its like murrayfield in the league cup I predict some embarassing scenes for real Hearts fans.

Deary, Deary, Deary me 

FB_IMG_1495870969196.jpg

30 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip. I take your point. The talk of guaranteeing your cup final brief by buying a ST is self-explanatory. 20pts for buying a ST, plus whatever you’ve already got, will get you a ticket no problem. Anyone who has had a ST for the last two seasons will be sitting on at least 40 Pts, 60 if they have already bought next season’s.

Sorry for the ramble !

Buy a ST and you will go to the ball, basically !

The 20 points for next seasons ST won’t be added till July (ish). That’s not to say the club couldn’t incentivise the purchasing of an 19/20 season ticket.....

Agree with your overall point, however.

If you've gone to about two or three games this season you'll get a ticket.

If you've not... Tough titties.

36 minutes ago, The Doc said:

The 20 points for next seasons ST won’t be added till July (ish). That’s not to say the club couldn’t incentivise the purchasing of an 19/20 season ticket.....

Agree with your overall point, however.

My 2017/18 ST points were added after I purchased it. 15/5/17 to be precise.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

It was 20pts in 2012.

Definitely had a phase where it was 8-39pts. There’s a screenshot of it early in this thread. 

JamboGraham
5 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That’s obviously the correct logical answer and undoubtedly the conclusion Ann Budge will arrive at. I just cannot fathom any opposition to the idea at all.

I can only speak for myself but my opposition is entirely based on fairness. The club clearly states on our website that loyalty points are used to determine access to tickets for matches where there is high demand, such as Semi-Finals and Finals or away matches. These points are valid for the current and previous season.

Not everyone that wants a ticket for the final is going to get one. If we remove the groups that have more than enough points and the group that will never have enough points (through choice or circumstance) then you are likely to have a several hundred people who are right on the borderline of getting the opportunity to purchase a ticket. Given that the cut off in 2012 went down to 8 points this means that someone who has attended around 7 to 10 matches at Tynecastle over the past two seasons is now sweating, or even someone with 2 matches at Tynecastle and away visits to St Johnstone and Hamilton. We have no idea why someone might be at this level of attendance, it could be work, it could be distance away, it could be that simply that is the most the budget will allow. What is clear though is that the published method loyalty points means that they have a chance of getting a ticket for the final as they have turned up and supported the club. This is correct and fair in my view.

If we allow brand new season ticket holders for next season to jump ahead of them (and it is only brand new season ticket holders, existing holders swithering about a renewal are already ahead of the 'borderline' group) then we are not actually rewarding loyalty, we would be rewarding the ability to spend several hundred pounds and the price of a cup final ticket in one go.

I honestly don't think a guarantee of a cup final ticket as the result of purchasing a completely new season ticket for next season would be that popular an option (mainly as it is a massive financial outlay) and I certainly couldn't see it being around the 3,000 mark quoted, perhaps a few hundred at absolute most. It might be more cash in the door but I genuinely hope that, with the existing contributions made by the support to FOH added to our existing spend on tickets, hospitality and merchandise, our club wouldn't want to further exploit the desire or the ability to jump the queue on supporters that have already earned loyalty points for tickets already bought and matches already attended.

Even if only 100 people took up a new season ticket offer with a guaranteed ticket that would mean 100 'borderline' people lose out. If even just a handful of them were lower points holders as a result of work, distance or available budget and therefore miss out on the final it would make me genuinely sad as a fellow Hearts supporter.

That's why I oppose the suggestion and hope that the club continues to allocate tickets on loyalty points only using the established method. I can also say that I have no personal incentive here. I am in the very fortunate position where I am able to attend the majority of matches both home and away and am grateful every week that I am in the position and circumstance to do so.

Edited by JamboGraham

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I can only speak for myself but my opposition is entirely based on fairness. The club clearly states on our website that loyalty points are used to determine access to tickets for matches where there is high demand, such Semi-Finals and Finals or away matches. These points are valid for the current and previous season.

Not everyone that wants a ticket for the final is going to get one. If we remove the groups that have more than enough points and the group that will never have enough points (through choice or circumstance) then you are likely to have a several hundred people who are right on the borderline of getting the opportunity to purchase a ticket. Given that the cut off in 2012 went down to 8 points this means that someone who has attended around 7 to 10 matches at Tynecastle over the past two seasons is now sweating, or even someone with 2 matches at Tynecastle and away visits to St Johnstone and Hamilton. We have no idea why someone might be at this level of attendance, it could be work, it could be distance away, it could be that simply that is the most the budget will allow. What is clear though is that the published method loyalty points means that they have a chance of getting a ticket for the final as they have turned up and supported the club. This is correct and fair in my view.

If we allow brand new season ticket holders for next season to jump ahead of them (and it is only brand new season ticket holders, existing holders swithering about a renewal are already ahead of the 'borderline' group) then we are not actually rewarding loyalty, we would be rewarding the ability to spend several hundred pounds and the price of a cup final ticket in one go.

I honestly don't think a guarantee of a cup final ticket as the result of purchasing a completely new season ticket for next season would be that popular an option (mainly as it is a massive financial outlay) and I certainly couldn't see it being around the 3,000 mark quoted, perhaps a few hundred at absolute most. It might be more cash in the door but I genuinely hope that, with the existing contributions made by the support to FOH added to our existing spend on tickets, hospitality and merchandise, our club wouldn't want to further exploit the desire or the ability to jump the queue on supporters that have already earned loyalty points for tickets already bought and matches already attended.

Even if only 100 people took up a new season ticket offer with a guaranteed ticket that would mean 100 'borderline' people lose out. If even just a handful of them were lower points holders as a result of work, distance or available budget and therefore miss out on the final it would make me genuinely sad as a fellow Hearts supporter.

That's why I oppose the suggestion and hope that the club continues to allocate tickets on loyalty points only using the established method. I can also say that I have no personal incentive here. I am in the very fortunate position where I am able to attend the majority of matches both home and away and am grateful every week that I am in the position and circumstance to do so.

But if someone buys a ST for next season, they will be allocated 20pts ! There is some debate as to when these appear on your account but in the past, mine have appeared after the purchase date. Therein lies the “ problem “ as you say. Points for games you’ve yet to attend. 

No easy answer really.

2 hours ago, connlach said:

Same. Live near Aberdeen. I know plenty the same. If i lived closer would have a season ticket but just cant afford it with the travel.

Going to two games at Pittodrie would net you 12 loyalty points. Throw in Cove Rangers away this season, 18 points in the bag.

JamboGraham
19 minutes ago, Boab said:

But if someone buys a ST for next season, they will be allocated 20pts ! There is some debate as to when these appear on your account but in the past, mine have appeared after the purchase date. Therein lies the “ problem “ as you say. Points for games you’ve yet to attend. 

No easy answer really.

Indeed but an entirely new season ticket can't be bought till the 3rd May so there is plenty opportunity for the club to make sure that this loophole isn't a concern. Renewals are already on 20 points as a minimum so even if any additional points are added now they are not jumping the queue as they are already in the guaranteed group. However, in 2012 it would have moved them from the 1st phase of sales to the 2nd phase, offering a wider choice of tickets in the stadium. I would be less concerned about that as a consequence though.