Tickets For Final

ronnie_fife

Jambomuzz

Probably been covered a million times but when are they planning on sending out the tickets? Bought mine on Friday and with it being special delivery thought I would have had something by now! Appreciate it was a bank holiday Monday though. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Probably been covered a million times but when are they planning on sending out the tickets? Bought mine on Friday and with it being special delivery thought I would have had something by now! Appreciate it was a bank holiday Monday though. 

is it not the 10th May someone posted earlier i think

Jambomuzz
2 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

is it not the 10th May someone posted earlier i think

Ahh good to know, I was just being lazy by not scrolling away back through. Thanks 

Sexton Hardcastle

Assume this new no traffic in the centre of town would scupper any open top bus from the chambers?  Also note it’s the Edinburgh marathon on the Sunday.

GorgieRules22
12 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Assume this new no traffic in the centre of town would scupper any open top bus from the chambers?  Also note it’s the Edinburgh marathon on the Sunday.

Already plans in place for the Sunday if we get the outcome we all want.

3 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Won't affect Gorgie/Dalry though surely.

Anyway we have a shiny new Foundation plaza to initiate ☺

Long shot I know, but does anyone have 2 reference numbers available I could use. I already have 2 tickets in B3 for me and my son, however now that seats have become available in P2 I would much prefer seats there as it would be a better view for him. I would then offload my tickets to anyone else on here who needs them. Or alternatively anyone willing to swap, and I would pay the difference. ?

Francis Albert
On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:13, Jambomuzz said:

I bought mine about two weeks ago, paid about £7 for special delivery and I haven't yet received it. 

Sorry now see today 10th May looks like the send out date ... not great for a £7 postage charge.

Edited by Francis Albert

23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I bought mine about two weeks ago, paid about £7 for special delivery and I haven't yet received it. 

Sorry now see today 10th May looks like the send out date ... not great for a £7 postage charge.

Likewise. I did also see someone on twitter mention they had their tickets arrive by first class post... After paying for special delivery. So will wait with baited breath lol

Anyone got a spare reference, always just booked tickets under my reference so can't get a ticket for my boy

On 27/04/2019 at 22:47, been here before said:

Im not quite sure why you're whinging your wee bollocks off here.

Over a week before the tickets went on sale Hearts provided the following information...

"Please note that all posted tickets must go by Special Delivery. There willl be no re-print option for lost or damaged tickets hence why the club will only post tickets via Special Delivery, which enables them to be tracked".

The highlighted bit is theirs.

It was there for all to see and was repeated numerous times right up to and including when the sale started. Its still there now. 

You chose to buy the tickets with those conditions attached. If you didnt read it then thats your own fault. If you did read it but bought them anyway then tough. If you're not happy about it leave the tickets or make alternative arrangements to get them or watch the game on the telly. Thats what your choice is.

fair point but £7...... £7 fecking quid....

am i tight old fecker!!

Deans Jambo
19 minutes ago, jambo_ said:

am i tight old fecker!!

£7 is steep especially if you were only buying 1 ticket.

Incidentally I see there is more South Stand tickets available. 

simplesimon

Has anyone received their ticket via the post yet?  I don't live in Edinburgh, so getting to the ticket office is very difficult hence I chose the postal option and am now away from home until the day of the final, so it is going to be a panic getting hold of my ticket from the sorting office on the morning of the game. 

How hard was it for them to send out the tickets before now, I bought them weeks ago?  Getting really unimpressed with all these repeated customer service issues.

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, simplesimon said:

Has anyone received their ticket via the post yet?  I don't live in Edinburgh, so getting to the ticket office is very difficult hence I chose the postal option and am now away from home until the day of the final, so it is going to be a panic getting hold of my ticket from the sorting office on the morning of the game. 

How hard was it for them to send out the tickets before now, I bought them weeks ago?  Getting really unimpressed with all these repeated customer service issues.

Apparently they were sent out on Friday by the next day guaranteed delivery "Special Delivery" service at £7 a throw, paid for by us though apparently mainly so the club can avoid reprinting any lost or damaged tickets (of which if sent by normal post there might be a few dozen or at most a few score?) If posted on Friday the guaranteed next day delivery didn't happen. Like you, if it does turn up in the next few days I will have to go to the nearest sorting office to pick it up. It seems to me the chances of it getting lost or damaged are increased by this toing and froing.

Why in any event  can't we print off the tickets ourselves, as we do for air and rail travel, theatres and cinemas and every ticketing operation that recognises we are two decades into the 21st Century. Instead we are forced to pay in aggregate several thousand pounds for delivery of a ticket which is taking longer (as I said on another thread)  than the 18th century mail coach from from Edinburgh to London.

Francis Albert
On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:17, jambo_ said:

am i tight old fecker!!

I think it was reasonable of you to assume that having paid £7 for "Special Delivery" which is a guaranteed next day delivery service that delivery would take less than two to three weeks.

But apparently you are at fault for not having read the conditions!

If you happen to be going away on holiday or on business this week and have to go straight to the game or you don't get back in time to get to the sorting office to pick your ticket up - hard cheese.

Customer Service? Apparently it is beyond criticism!

davemclaren
36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Apparently they were sent out on Friday by the next day guaranteed delivery "Special Delivery" service at £7 a throw, paid for by us though apparently mainly so the club can avoid reprinting any lost or damaged tickets (of which if sent by normal post there might be a few dozen or at most a few score?) If posted on Friday the guaranteed next day delivery didn't happen. Like you, if it does turn up in the next few days I will have to go to the nearest sorting office to pick it up. It seems to me the chances of it getting lost or damaged are increased by this toing and froing.

Why in any event  can't we print off the tickets ourselves, as we do for air and rail travel, theatres and cinemas and every ticketing operation that recognises we are two decades into the 21st Century. Instead we are forced to pay in aggregate several thousand pounds for delivery of a ticket which is taking longer (as I said on another thread)  than the 18th century mail coach from from Edinburgh to London.

It’s the sfa that provide the tickets which us why you can’t print them at home. 

Nookie Bear
On 09/05/2019 at 11:45, GorgieRules22 said:

Already plans in place for the Sunday if we get the outcome we all want.

Levein hung in the Grassmarket?

Oops, wrong thread ?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Anyone know how much the delivery was for the tickets?

Read 3 or 4 posts up. 

34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think it was reasonable of you to assume that having paid £7 for "Special Delivery" which is a guaranteed next day delivery service that delivery would take less than two to three weeks.

But apparently you are at fault for not having read the conditions!

If you happen to be going away on holiday or on business this week and have to go straight to the game or you don't get back in time to get to the sorting office to pick your ticket up - hard cheese.

Customer Service? Apparently it is beyond criticism!

Dunno how else the club can do it given it is the SFA who supply old fashioned tickets with no barcode, so they cannot be re-printed or done at home.

Pretty sure for the Murrayfield semi we could print at home, but that was SRU running the event not the Stupid ****ing Arseholes.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Levein hung in the Grassmarket?

Oops, wrong thread ?

Haha excellent!

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s the sfa that provide the tickets which us why you can’t print them at home. 

Not an insuperable problem. But I suppose expecting the SFA to move out of the nineteenth century first is (as they say) a big ask

13 minutes ago, kila said:

Dunno how else the club can do it given it is the SFA who supply old fashioned tickets with no barcode, so they cannot be re-printed or done at home.

Pretty sure for the Murrayfield semi we could print at home, but that was SRU running the event not the Stupid ****ing Arseholes.

Take your point and Dave's about the SFA. My criticism is of the whole process not specifically Hearts. Though Hearts could presumably have posted most of the tickets well before Friday?

On 10/05/2019 at 16:58, Francis Albert said:

What has the date of issue got to do with it ?..you have paid for 

special delivery not send me mine when I want delivery 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Not an insuperable problem. But I suppose expecting the SFA to move out of the nineteenth century first is (as they say) a big ask

Take your point and Dave's about the SFA. My criticism is of the whole process not specifically Hearts. Though Hearts could presumably have posted most of the tickets well before Friday?

For £7 you would hope for prompt posting.  

22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He's also been told plenty times on this thread that nowhere was he promised next day delivery but he still keeps bleating about it.

Even if "Special delivery" includes next day delivery if it is posted on a Friday then "next day" is Monday unless you want to pay even more.

Capture.PNG

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

You don't work in customer service do you? Unless its at Hearts.

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

You don't work in customer service do you? Unless its at Hearts.

Did you request Special Delivery, next day service?

Francis Albert
59 minutes ago, graygo said:

He's also been told plenty times on this thread that nowhere was he promised next day delivery but he still keeps bleating about it.

Even if "Special delivery" includes next day delivery if it is posted on a Friday then "next day" is Monday unless you want to pay even more.

Capture.PNG

I am lucky in a sense - I had no choice to make because I live over 400 miles from the ticket office. But if I lived in say Broxburn, if I had been informed that "Special Delivery" meant some unspecified time in the next three weeks I might have weighed up differently the choice of going to Gorgie vs paying £7 for the convenience of Special Delivery. I am bleating on because of the refusal by some to accept that Hearts could have communicated better and performed better.

But enough. For some the club can do wrong.

Francis Albert
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

Did you request Special Delivery, next day service?

FFS. No I just assumed £7 spent on Special Delivery didn't mean some unspecified delivery time in the next three weeks or more.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Francis Albert said:

FFS. No I just assumed £7 spent on Special Delivery didn't mean some unspecified delivery time in the next three weeks or more.

So you assumed that when SD was requested, the tickets would arrive the very next day?

42 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

So you assumed that when SD was requested, the tickets would arrive the very next day?

He did but don't expect him to admit to it.

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

He did but don't expect him to admit to it.

Yeah. If he doesn't admit it I struggle to see his point. 

If I were to send something SD, it'd get there the following day.

If I requested something be sent SD, and the sender could, it'd be delivered the following day.

Guaranteed Saturday delivery is also available at an extra cost, as is delivery any working day before 9am.

If I ordered something for an event in the future, and didn't require it the next day/the tickets weren't issued yet, I would not expect next day delivery. I'd be paying for the guaranteed delivery, signature and I believe insurance up to a certain amount is included in the price in case of loss. The timing of delivery in this case is not critical as long as it's before the event.

It seems FA is again trying to manufacture an issue where none exists.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

William H. Bonney

Can someone remind me where the young team are sitting again. I’m in the north stand but I think I recall they are in the west? 

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Can someone remind me where the young team are sitting again. I’m in the north stand but I think I recall they are in the west? 

Saughton Park, with juice and crisps.

William H. Bonney
6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Saughton Park, with juice and crisps.

Good spot for the final. Play on the swings and have a go on the skateboard at half time. 

I just checked. They’re in the west. 

gordiegords

Anyone got a spare reference number? Me and my dad are going but still looking for one for nephew. Cheers!

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

No. I didn't say I did. Just that if I am paying someone to send it on a next day delivery service I don't expect to wait over 2 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Dino Velvet said:

Good spot for the final. Play on the swings and have a go on the skateboard at half time. 

I just checked. They’re in the west. 

A7

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No. I didn't say I did. Just that if I am paying someone to send it on a next day delivery service I don't expect to wait over 2 weeks. 

:17:

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I assume there were other options?

Francis Albert
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

I assume there were other options?

Yep an 8oo mile round trip  to the ticket office

Bridge of Djoum

That was the only other option?

davemclaren

I could have picked them up for you and posted second class for a tenner. ??‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And again.......

Hearts never mentioned a next day delivery service, the tickets were only sent out special delivery because the SFA will not do reprints for any tickets lost in the post. 

Why do you keep going on about next day delivery?

What do you need your ticket for just now the game is 13 days away.

Are you wanting to sit and look at it ??

Hearts stated that tickets would not be available until 10/05  I take it that applies to tickets posted out as well.

You don't half like a moan?

Just now, luckydug said:

What do you need your ticket for just now the game is 13 days away.

Are you wanting to sit and look at it ??

Hearts stated that tickets would not be available until 10/05  I take it that applies to tickets posted out as well.

You don't half like a moan?

Tickets have been available for longer mate, I picked mine up last Sunday. 10th was the date they were being posted out, everyone except FA knew that.

Bridge of Djoum
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

SD serves 2 purposes. guaranteed delivery and insured delivery. It's main purpose is indeed next day delivery. However, in this instance where delivery of the item isn't a time factor, it's purpose essentially becomes guaranteed delivery, with a signature and insurance to a point if lost/damaged. 

You'll get your ticket, FA. stop being obtuse.