• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

Calebs Grandad
35 minutes ago, munich_veteran said:

That's an excellent point. Has anyone attended cup final hospitality before? 

I was at the Hibs v Rangers final in hospitality as an acquaintance has a box at Ibrox and bought one for the final. I’m tee total so didn’t reap the benefits but prematch and during it there was no cause for complaint as you’re waited on constantly and fed very well. No problems with anyone from either support while I was there. 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Join us at Hampden for some fantastic hospitality at this year’s William Hill Scottish Cup Final. 

VIP Package - £420 Including VAT
Champagne reception
Four course meal
Complimentary pre match bar for three hours
Half time refreshments
Executive seating in the William Hill Stand
Complimentary post match bar for one hour
Corporate gift
Programme and teamsheet
1 car parking pass per booking

Skyboxes for ten guests are available priced at £4900 including VAT.    Please note there is a waiting list for skyboxes in the Celtic end.  If you would like added to the waiting list please confirm by e-mailing [email protected] .

Anyone spot a potential flaw here?

Champagne reception
Half time refreshments
Complimentary post match bar for one hour....

1 car parking pass per booking!!!

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Anyone spot a potential flaw here?

Champagne reception
Half time refreshments
Complimentary post match bar for one hour....

1 car parking pass per booking!!!

At 420 you’ll have a chauffeur anyway...

Rocky jamboa

I would imagine anyone who wants a ticket for this one will get one. 

We will get circa 23,000 tickets. Some people will be put off going through to Glasgow and some folk won't take kids with it being Celtic. Start off with 50 loyalty points to stagger ticket sales, gradually dropping down. 

Carl Weathers
5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

We will get circa 23,000 tickets. Some people will be put off going through to Glasgow and some folk won't take kids with it being Celtic. Start off with 50 loyalty points to stagger ticket sales, gradually dropping down. 

Are there genuinely people who wouldn't go to see Hearts in a final because it's in Glasgow? I

3 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Are there genuinely people who wouldn't go to see Hearts in a final because it's in Glasgow? I

Realistically our only chance of silverware is winning a cup and all finals are played in Glasgow. It would seem strange to not want to go through and watch the game there

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Realistically our only chance of silverware is winning a cup and all finals are played in Glasgow. It would seem strange to not want to go through and watch the game there

I'll be going through but won't be taking my kids 

22 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

To be fair if someone pays £50 per month and has done so for five years that's a pretty strong argument for inclusion in one of the phases of sales. I'd really like to know how many FOH subscribers don't have a season ticket or high loyalty points.

A fair few. It's one way that a Hearts fan who no longer lives locally can support the club.

Silvery_Moon

As per the 2012 thread loyalty points started at 40 points in 2012. I would expect it to be lower this time as points were culled a year ago so the average for us all will be lower. 

12 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

As per the 2012 thread loyalty points started at 40 points in 2012. I would expect it to be lower this time as points were culled a year ago so the average for us all will be lower. 

They always only last for two seasons. 

Allowayjambo1874
43 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Dont think it’s because it’s Glasgow think people may be worried over potential of trouble. Lennon & Celtic will get a lot of the dafties who are fuelled up wound up for starters.

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Join us at Hampden for some fantastic hospitality at this year’s William Hill Scottish Cup Final. 

VIP Package - £420 Including VAT
Champagne reception
Four course meal
Half time refreshments
Executive seating in the William Hill Stand
Complimentary post match bar for one hour
Corporate gift
Programme and teamsheet
1 car parking pass per booking

Skyboxes for ten guests are available priced at £4900 including VAT.    Please note there is a waiting list for skyboxes
in the Celtic end.  If you would like added to the waiting list please confirm by e-mailing [email protected] .

well we know which end we will be getting in that case

7 hours ago, Boab said:

I was amazed that the 2012 Final went to general sale. Wasn’t aware of that. Hope indeed for the low LP guys.

I suppose if they are strict about one ticket per account there is a chance.

13500 ST plus high LPs and most of the high LPs  are already ST holders.

It is not an indication of slow sales as people are restricted to one ticket.

Good opportunity to tempt people into ST for next season after all other categories have been satisfied. 

17 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Dont think it’s because it’s Glasgow think people may be worried over potential of trouble. Lennon & Celtic will get a lot of the dafties who are fuelled up wound up for starters.

And they won't be happy if we beat them!

57 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What age are your kids ?

I'm only asking because My Dad wouldn't take me to the 1956 final because he said I was too young.

It's always bugged me as the rest of the family went and I was left with two auld aunties for the day?

Days like this are why we follow through thick and thin and memories are made.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

What age are your kids ?

I'm only asking because My Dad wouldn't take me to the 1956 final because he said I was too young.

It's always bugged me as the rest of the family went and I was left with two auld aunties for the day?

Days like this are why we follow through thick and thin and memories are made.

10 and 8 , had there season tickets for years but not taking them through to this after the carry on at murrayfield 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

10 and 8 , had there season tickets for years but not taking them through to this after the carry on at murrayfield 

I took my laddie to Parkhead in 98, he was 7 at the time and we are both grateful that I did, segregation at Hampden will be so much better than Murrayfield.

SwindonJambo
55 minutes ago, GiantJambo said:

A fair few. It's one way that a Hearts fan who no longer lives locally can support the club.

Indeed. Been a member since day 1.

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Not sure if the 2012 semi is a fair game to gauge sales but we only took 12,000.

This being a final will of course be a different situation(as we’ll sell out) but as you say, there will be people put off going for their own reasons. This will lead to STs being given to others to get tickets.

It may in turn not produce the mass scramble for tickets if there’s a gen sale. Could open an opportunity to more non-ST holders to acquire tickets.  

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Can see your point but be prepared for a lifetime of resentment if Hearts win the cup . I had to wait a further 48 years before it happened again. Was always jealous of my brothers telling me about it.

It's a shame that people don't feel safe going to a football match any more.

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Debenture hospitality sounds pish for £200+

I used another company on 2012 (Matchplay , IIRC) and they are doing deals from £169+VAT.  I thought it wasn't bad value and the debenture seats have an amazing view (we were in upper tier of south stand) .  Good pre match scran and all you can drink in an hour was included in ticket price. 

SwindonJambo
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

I took my laddie to Parkhead in 98, he was 7 at the time and we are both grateful that I did, segregation at Hampden will be so much better than Murrayfield.

The chance of trouble at a final v Celtic is significantly greater than v Rangers. I too was there in 1998 and found the atmosphere quite relaxed with some Rangers fans even congratulating us on our win! I traveled in from Blantyre on the day in colours and there was no problem at all. This time I’ll get the train in from Hamilton West and not a chance will I be showing any sign of being a Jambo!!!

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Can see your point but be prepared for a lifetime of resentment if Hearts win the cup . I had to wait a further 48 years before it happened again. Was always jealous of my brothers telling me about it.

It's a shame that people don't feel safe going to a football match any more.

Hopefully the next again day they'll be in gorgie for a spectacular parade 

1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

The chance of trouble at a final v Celtic is significantly greater than v Rangers. I too was there in 1998 and found the atmosphere quite relaxed with some Rangers fans even congratulating us on our win! I traveled in from Blantyre on the day in colours and there was no problem at all. This time I’ll get the train in from Hamilton West and not a chance will I be showing any sign of being a Jambo!!!

Fair points.

Independence
5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

You obviously were not at the Huns v Heats cup final 1976? Utter carnage a dreadful day with fights all over the place!!!! No 'love' that day between the fans. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Independence said:

You obviously were not at the Huns v Heats cup final 1976? Utter carnage a dreadful day with fights all over the place!!!! No 'love' that day between the fans. 

Aye, the bottles and pies were flying that day. ?

Finals are where it all pays off. There won't be trouble due to the massive disparity in when fans leave. Win, and we are there for another 45 minutes.

If we lose it makes the next win that much sweeter. Sometimes you need to lose to appreciate the wins.

I'd urge parents with ST kid to take them. If we win, in years to come they will be able to say "I was there!"

‘76:- It was a horrible day - hampdump was carnage- all rangers fans wanted to do was fight, anybody not just hearts fans

Edited by Jambo-Fox

I went with my son for the 4-0. Thing that amazed me was the number of people.  I thought it would be the wealthy elite (£100) with the odd scruff like me thrown.  Instead there was a never ending line up of buses at Tynecasle.  Must have been easily 600 of us.

Gary Mackay asked me to lead off the Hearts song at the Thistle hotel which I did with great pride and aplomb.

SwindonJambo
15 minutes ago, Independence said:

Long before my time, though I've read plenty of horrific accounts of that occasion on here. But nowadays our relationship with Celtic fans is far worse than with Rangers. It's positively toxic.

Edited by SwindonJambo

A friend of mine went with hospitality for the 5-1 game. Organised by hearts. The bus ended up getting lost, then stuck in traffic.

he ended up getting out and joining us at church on the hill as he was only going to get to the place a short time before kick off. 

On 14/04/2019 at 19:05, waynefozzie said:

It should be long-term (say 12 months plus) FoH subscribers first, then season ticket holders, then LP. I can't think of any other institution that would seriously think it was OK to look after loyal customers before patrons.

Exactly. Most FoH subscribers are season ticket holders anyway. But for those who aren't - and I imagine we're mainly exiled Jambos - it's a bit of a boot in the balls if after years of charitable donations we don't get any consideration when it comes to ticketing. I will probably be OK as I have a mate who is usually able to get multiple tickets, but I can imagine some FoH subscribers might feel a bit under-appreciated.

I don’t have a st or attend regularly for a few reasons but I’ve been a FOH contributor from its inception. If that didn’t count for something I’d certainly feel a little miffed.

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

A friend of mine went with hospitality for the 5-1 game. Organised by hearts. The bus ended up getting lost, then stuck in traffic.

he ended up getting out and joining us at church on the hill as he was only going to get to the place a short time before kick off. 

Hopefully the church on the hill be for hearts supporters again 

21 minutes ago, andydog said:

Finals are where it all pays off. There won't be trouble due to the massive disparity in when fans leave. Win, and we are there for another 45 minutes.

If we lose it makes the next win that much sweeter. Sometimes you need to lose to appreciate the wins.

I'd urge parents with ST kid to take them. If we win, in years to come they will be able to say "I was there!"

Totally this. There won't be any trouble at the final. There wasn't when we beat them in the semi in 2012, and that was only a year after Lennon's provocation of innocent John Wilson.

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Debenture hospitality sounds pish for £200+

Was pish for Hibs we just picked our tickets up at the zoo then went by train they went to a bar bar in central Glasgow guys we spoke to only managed a couple of beers before game I think it was a couple of freebies and a finger buffet bus there and back 

11 minutes ago, Spikey said:

I don’t have a st or attend regularly for a few reasons but I’ve been a FOH contributor from its inception. If that didn’t count for something I’d certainly feel a little miffed.

So have I, mate. It does count for a lot but not when tickets are dished out.

33 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Seems quite a few kids will be missing out on going through  and it's a shame ,hopefully  they get a parade to enjoy on the sunday

maroonsgotop
23 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Long before my time, though I've read plenty of horrific accounts of that occasion on here. But nowadays our relationship with Celtic fans is far worse than with Rangers. It's positively toxic.

some serious trouble at Ibrox when our fans got ambushed recently due to the police protecting the Directors and leaving the fans to fend for themselves Game that got abandoned? from memory).

Also the '76 final was an absolute disgrace mainly due to Rangers getting into 'our sections' and causing bedlam. Coincidentally, they were going for the treble that day and as a results loads of them turned up without tickets and barged their way in

3 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

For those looking at hospitality as the only option I wouldn't rush to get the hampden options as they are 1 expensive and 2 probably not segregated. In 2012 the club did their own packages which involved meal and drinks in a Glasgow hotel then seats in the south stand with transport included. Was maybe about £200? I would imagine if logistically possible they will look to do the same again.

Taken from Hearts’ website...

Ticket information will be released in due course. Hearts' award-winning Hospitality Team will be offering up some fantastic hospitality packages for the big day, full details of which will be announced shortly. 

11 hours ago, Ribble said:

The only reward I want from my FOH subscription is to still have a club to be able to buy tickets from. The more tickets I buy the more accessible tickets become, it’s all rather simple really.

The loyalty point/season ticket/FOH discussion only happens for Hibs away and Cup Finals where people that used to go to games decide they fancy a day out so concoct random reward scenarios to somehow validate why they should be able to buy a ticket at the same time as the guys that attend way more often.

That’s unreasonably harsh. Firstly, I didn’t suggest FOH subscribers should be able to buy a ticket at the same time as ST holders, only that perhaps they should get the opportunity before a general sale. (I’m aware that someone else did).

Secondly, some of us live too far away to attend games regularly, but we still commit money to the club every month because we still want to do our bit. I’m in no way claiming this places us on an equal footing with those who attend every week, but I really don’t see what we have done to deserve your contempt either.

3 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

For those looking at hospitality as the only option I wouldn't rush to get the hampden options as they are 1 expensive and 2 probably not segregated. In 2012 the club did their own packages which involved meal and drinks in a Glasgow hotel then seats in the south stand with transport included. Was maybe about £200? I would imagine if logistically possible they will look to do the same again.

This was my only option in 2012 and it was worth it

Think we stopped in the Thistle Hotel for Brunch and had Scot Wilson, Paul Hartley, Robbo and Lee Wallace iirc

Tables had buckets full of beer etc etc 

5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

That’s unreasonably harsh. Firstly, I didn’t suggest FOH subscribers should be able to buy a ticket at the same time as ST holders, only that perhaps they should get the opportunity before a general sale. (I’m aware that someone else did).

Secondly, some of us live too far away to attend games regularly, but we still commit money to the club every month because we still want to do our bit. I’m in no way claiming this places us on an equal footing with those who attend every week, but I really don’t see what we have done to deserve your contempt either.

FOH subs vs Season Ticket ......

.........  it’s a dilemma 

If I had to pick one over the other it would be a season ticket! Why? Entry to any match you can get to and priority for Cup Final tickets!

Regardless whatever money you spend it goes to Hearts so every £ spent is a £ well spent!

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Its certainly  something  that should be looked into that would allow folk who pledge have a chance at getting  tickets for games like this .

Maybe issuing some loyalty  points each season that way they'd be in with a chance once it goes to loyalty  points.

Good luck in your search for tickets 

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

FOH subs vs Season Ticket ......

.........  it’s a dilemma 

If I had to pick one over the other it would be a season ticket! Why? Entry to any match you can get to and priority for Cup Final tickets!

Regardless whatever money you spend it goes to Hearts so every £ spent is a £ well spent!

FOH money doesn’t attract vat ( no tangible valelue being bought ) so the club gets 20% more from it. 

Silvery_Moon
2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

They always only last for two seasons. 

Strictly speaking that is correct but hasn't always happened that way. 

One ticket per account pretty much rules out the kids then? I don't have an account for them as they are 4 and 7 and only go to maybe 2 games a season with me.

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Same here.

I was just outside Central on Sat when 4 weegie cretins were shouting Jambo scum and other stuff around my 6 year old (wasnt directed at us) and this is before we are even playing either of them.

Its a shame but if some twat were to shout at my kid (as my mate got at Murrayfield) im liable to punch the ****er.

They have no shame.

Edited by Jamboelite

41 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Its certainly  something  that should be looked into that would allow folk who pledge have a chance at getting  tickets for games like this .

Maybe issuing some loyalty  points each season that way they'd be in with a chance once it goes to loyalty  points.

Good luck in your search for tickets 

Cheers. The fact is that I probably can’t make the game anyway as I’m working most of that weekend. It’s more about the principle.