Tickets For Final

ronnie_fife

17 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Had a look on eTickets and my new season tickets for 19/20 are showing on my accounts. However the loyalty points have not been added.

Wont be added until just before start of season.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

waynefozzie
14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No, I don't have an FOH subscription but don't have a problem with those that do have.  However, you are trying to invent some preference over season ticket holders that has never existed, and does not exist now.

The purchase of season tickets and subscribing to FOH are for different purposes, whereas STs are for committing to watch football over the course of a season, guaranteeing the club up front cash.

To answer your question, no I think it would be fine with me if FOH subscribers, along with other categories had a shot at buying remaining tickets before a general sale.  I would rather tickets went to Hearts fans than interloper Celtic and Rangers fans.

Fair enough mate - sounds reasonable to me ?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

I assume we will get the rangers end?

what do we get as regards the north and south stand?

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

What is this 'rangers' end you speak of ?

The stadium map shows north, south, east and west with no mention of a Rangers end

eyesandears
7 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

There is no such thing as the rangers end at Hampden. There is of course such a thing as the rangers end, existentially ?

Edited by eyesandears
clarity of reply

Would imagine Lawell will be pushing for more tickets as usual. for their end . 

Assunimg they wil nd told to bolt by Ann and the SFA .

Cairneyhill Jambo
5 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

There is no such thing as the rangers end

It shows you how backward the SFA is when the arsecheeks of the old firm have their own allocated end. Probably the only country in the world to do so. Hearts should ask for the traditional Celtic end just to piss them off. 

9 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

It shows you how backward the SFA is when the arsecheeks of the old firm have their own allocated end. Probably the only country in the world to do so. Hearts should ask for the traditional Celtic end just to piss them off. 

Now,that would indeed be entertaining.

been here before
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Had a look on eTickets and my new season tickets for 19/20 are showing on my accounts. However the loyalty points have not been added.

According to a helpful lassie at the TO called Hayley...

"Hi

Points will not be added until just before the start of next season.

Thanks

Hayley".

39 minutes ago, pablo said:

Have you ever considered reducing your FOH contribution and buying something tangible from the club? I've often wondered if I was in your position what I'd do? You could put the same amount into the club but take family and friends to a day in hospitality, or buy a season ticket and bank the LPs, or sponsor a player etc etc.

Yes, I could. But I committed to a certain level of pledge, and I stand behind that as the best way of securing the future of the club. And no, I never expected anything tangible in return - but members of the old 500 clubs used to be given priority for finals, so I supposed I thought the same might be considered now.

I did also have two STs until a couple of years ago, but work and family commitments made it harder and harder for me to make it back regularly, and  in the end I gave them up. Yes, I know I could have told the club to resell my seat, but I never got organised enough to do that, and the sad truth was that it just wasn’t working any more.

TBH it probably doesn’t matter much for me anyway. I am on call for work until 8am on the Saturday, and back on duty at 8am on the Sunday - so the chances of my making the game look pretty slim even if I did have a ticket.

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, been here before said:

According to a helpful lassie at the TO called Hayley...

"Hi

Points will not be added until just before the start of next season.

Thanks

Hayley".

This what I thought, so unless they start with a LP threshold and then change the system to a non LP threshold eg new ST's get a chance, then its not applicable if you buy a ST for 19/20

Would also mean you had 3 rather than 2 seasons of buying history

Tokyo Drifter
5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

It will be a 50/50 split anyway. Absolutely no grounds for it not to be.

I admire your optimism!

5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They can allocate a Cup Final ticket to all of those who have had a season ticket this current season and all of those who have bought for next season and still have thousands left for high loyalty points holders.

Use LPs only. Points for next season’s season ticket should not count, certainly not in the first cut.

Edited by Pistol1874

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

So to be clear, your order of priority is current season ticket holders, then new season ticket holders and only then high loyalty point holders?

In reality, high LP holders will in most cases be in the first category as well, but in case they are not, they should certainly be ahead of new season ticket holders. 

Why? You could exclusively go to away games and have 100 loyalty points and have put £0.00 into the club. The new season ticket holder has put in £250-500. Reward those who are paying to put the team on the park, build the new stand and pay for the £1m hybrid pitch. Like you say most high loyalty points holders will be season ticket holders as well. Potentially we could have season ticket holders for this and next season and over 40 loyalty points all in the first phases of sales. That probably amounts to about 18k.

fabienleclerq
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why? You could exclusively go to away games and have 100 loyalty points and have put £0.00 into the club. The new season ticket holder has put in £250-500. Reward those who are paying to put the team on the park, build the new stand and pay for the £1m hybrid pitch. Like you say most high loyalty points holders will be season ticket holders as well. Potentially we could have season ticket holders for this and next season and over 40 loyalty points all in the first phases of sales. That probably amounts to about 18k.

I'm 99%certain anyone with over 100 loyalty points without a st is impossible. Regardless loyalty points has never been about how much cash you have and is about rewarding attendance. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, fabienleclerq said:

I'm 99%certain anyone with over 100 loyalty points without a st is impossible. Regardless loyalty points has never been about how much cash you have and is about rewarding attendance. 

Over two seasons, with 19 away games in the league giving you a minimum of 2 loyalty points per game plus all the points for Scottish Cup and League Cup games it would be very possible to get to 100 without setting foot inside Tynecastle.

I don't actually want a ticket but what about expats that have had a HW subscription for at least 10 years but rarely physically attend games due to not being in Edinburgh that often? It's about time that counted for some LP's. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you think it’s fair to allow people to buy their way up the priority list now that we’ve reached a Scottish Cup final, we simply won’t agree.

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Over two seasons, with 19 away games in the league giving you a minimum of 2 loyalty points per game plus all the points for Scottish Cup and League Cup games it would be very possible to get to 100 without setting foot inside Tynecastle.

They wouldn't be able to go to all 19 games starting from scratch. Plus some games you won't get points for. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Pistol1874 said:

If you think it’s fair to allow people to buy their way up the priority list now that we’ve reached a Scottish Cup final, we simply won’t agree.

It's not simply buying your way to a ticket. It's a commitment to attend 19 home games, support the team and put money into the club. It's a pointless argument as anyone with a season ticket and / or a decent loyalty points wedge will definitely get a ticket. We will get 18-22k that will cover those who 'deserve' to be there and then some.

Biffa Bacon
11 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

There is always an opportunity to "buy" priority, hospitality at Hampden for 1. This was also the case when we were away to Liverpool and Spurs. I think that Mr Elwood's argument is a bit theoretical as i cannot see many/any having such an away attendance without setting foot in Tynecastle.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

100+ points as well as a season book, not sure if I’ll get a ticket.  Mad budge oot muraefeeld in?

What’s a season book?

FOH subscription vs Season Ticket debate.

Interesting, I do both but rarely use the season ticket. It all goes to club regardless. However the season ticket does come with more benefits (than FOH), into any game I want to watch and cup final tickets!!

If I had to choose one (FOH or ST) it would be the ST because of the benefits it brings. 

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Shanks said no
12 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

What’s a season book?

Its a book of numbered tickets that you would get from Hearts if you gave them some money

The Future's Maroon

If you have to ask this question ....yer fecked and unlikely to get one ??‍♂️

Jambo 4 Ever
8 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Its a book of numbered tickets that you would get from Hearts if you gave them some money

It’s a card now 

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Can’t be impossible as you only get 20 LP’s for a season ticket and some people are well over 100. Last time I checked I had 141 so if I didn’t have an ST then wouldn’t that put me on 121? You could indeed have been to most away games the last two years and you’d be well over 100 LP’s. 

JamboGraham
6 hours ago, frankblack said:

As others said, away fixtures don't put cash into Hearts so home fans first.

Apologies if slightly off topic but that would be a rewards scheme rather than a loyalty scheme...if it’s primarily about cash in then we would award bonus points for hospitality and buying stuff from the shop...

It’s not perfect but the current system, in general, will place those that attend the most matches supporting the players in person; be it home or away at the top of the list. I don’t think any of us can ask for fairer than that.

4 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

I'm sure in years gone by, the tight arses at the SFA said that it was up to the clubs to pay for a roof at the old Hampden. The old Rangers chipped in, but Celtic refused. Hence why Rangers always got the West stand - they paid for the roof :thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I'm sure in years gone by, the tight arses at the SFA said that it was up to the clubs to pay for a roof at the old Hampden. The old Rangers chipped in, but Celtic refused. Hence why Rangers always got the West stand - they paid for the roof :thumbsup:

Aye heard the same. Ridiculous when you think about it. 

My memory of the final against HIBS was that I had 70+ points for getting a ticket no problem. But still queue after a heavy night at the ballroom on Monday morning with an out of date carryout for a friend to get her a ticket when they lowered it to 10points or whatever. 

There was a few hundred there and some even took my beer at 7am. However it actually still took a few days to finally sellout... And that was the final against hibs!! 

I do not doubt that anyone who wants a ticket will get one. No doubt whatsoever. I'm keen on getting 30-40 group together for this from various groups I'm mates with over the years and I'm not concerned about the LPs at all for some of the group that have near nothing these days. 

AlphonseCapone

Some inventitive suggestions for priority on here.

Contributing to FOH under no circumstances should come before season ticket holders, that's absurd. Contribute a tenner a month, £120 a year, attend 0 games, and get priority over a season ticket holder? Mental suggestion. 

Whether the club do season ticket holders or loyalty points, those that deserve a ticket most will quite rightly be priority. Most, if not everyone, will get a ticket in the end. 

I only have 25 points and next season's ST money and then some, just went to the Vet.

I hope I can buy a ticket, but if I miss out to real loyal fans, I'll watch us lift the cup on the Telly.

C'mon The Hearts!

fabienleclerq
6 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Can’t be impossible as you only get 20 LP’s for a season ticket and some people are well over 100. Last time I checked I had 141 so if I didn’t have an ST then wouldn’t that put me on 121? You could indeed have been to most away games the last two years and you’d be well over 100 LP’s. 

They would need to have enough points for hubs etc, I doubt anyone who doesn't have a St is on that many. 

Enzo Chiefo

After the first tranche of sales, based on loyalty points, there should be an opportunity  for those who have attended the previous games in the Cup run, imo.

KyleLafferty

Should be and will be season ticket holders, then loyalty points then general sale. Like it always has, end of. 

Current Season Ticket Holders who have already renewed  should get first dibs, could/should factor in a FOH parameter also.

an opportunity to “reward”FOH subscribers and also an opportunity to increase subscriber numbers if administered correctly.

8 minutes ago, BEDNAR BOY said:

Current Season Ticket Holders who have already renewed  should get first dibs, could/should factor in a FOH parameter also.

an opportunity to “reward”FOH subscribers and also an opportunity to increase subscriber numbers if administered correctly.

There are tax implications if we go down that route. FOH should be what it is a donation with nothing expected back (other than the fiduciary duty that its spent well).

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

There are tax implications if we go down that route. FOH should be what it is a donation with nothing expected back (other than the fiduciary duty that its spent well).

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/about-the-fan-rewards-scheme/

The FOH already has a rewards scheme which entitles you to discounts in health clubs, restaurants and hotels around Edinburgh. Why would ensuring a Scottish Cup final ticket suddenly change the tax implications?

4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Contributing to FOH under no circumstances should come before season ticket holders, that's absurd. Contribute a tenner a month, £120 a year, attend 0 games, and get priority over a season ticket holder? Mental suggestion. 

Whether the club do season ticket holders or loyalty points, those that deserve a ticket most will quite rightly be priority. Most, if not everyone, will get a ticket in the end. 

I wasn't suggesting someone that pays £10 per month should be automatically be entitled to a ticket, however if it comes down to a low loyalty points threshold then a lot of FOH subscribers will be contributing more than someone on 10-15 LP.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

I dont want loyalty points or tickets to the final.  I want them to go to the people who actually go to see the Hearts on a regular basis.

I have sympathy for stalwarts who cant afford the layout for an ST or FoH but will go to Dingwall or Aberdeen on a cold, wet night to support the boys.  Doubt if they are in the frame for tickets.

If people were at the semi final v Celtic at Murrayfield, there is a chance they might not fancy a Hampden final. 

Central Belt 1874
4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I see no reason to base this on LP. Everyone with a season ticket for this year should get first chance. Give them a deadline then the remaining can be done by LP, general sale or whatever.

As you say there are some mental suggestions kicking around on this thread.

JamboGraham
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Should be and will be season ticket holders, then loyalty points then general sale. Like it always has, end of. 

Not the case for our two most recent finals in 2012 and 2013. Both were sold on loyalty points. No ‘season ticket’ priority for either match.

So not really ‘end of’.

34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I dont want loyalty points or tickets to the final.  I want them to go to the people who actually go to see the Hearts on a regular basis.

I have sympathy for stalwarts who cant afford the layout for an ST or FoH but will go to Dingwall or Aberdeen on a cold, wet night to support the boys.  Doubt if they are in the frame for tickets.

If they do that regularly, they will have enough LPs for a Final ticket.

Just read snippets of this thread as it’s pretty much a rehash thread which appears for every single big game.

What I do find crazy, and I say this as someone who would not be affected, is the suggestion that Hearts shouldn’t cash in on next year’s ST sales by offering a cup final ticket as an incentive. A bit Hibs, so let’s not do it? That’s what I call mental!

If we can get another 3,000 STs away at £400 a pop and that gets the club £1.2m, takes us up to 16,000+ and gives us the chance to half the Glasgow clubs’ allocations. Something we all want, no?

11 minutes ago, Boab said:

If they do that regularly, they will have enough LPs for a Final ticket.

You’d also be lucky if the people who did that regularly reached double figures. Folk in that category will get a ticket alright.

2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Just read snippets of this thread as it’s pretty much a rehash thread which appears for every single big game.

What I do find crazy, and I say this as someone who would not be affected, is the suggestion that Hearts shouldn’t cash in on next year’s ST sales by offering a cup final ticket as an incentive. A bit Hibs, so let’s not do it? That’s what I call mental!

If we can get another 3,000 STs away at £400 a pop and that gets the club £1.2m, takes us up to 16,000+ and gives us the chance to half the Glasgow clubs’ allocations. Something we all want, no?

Said it earlier in the thread, mate.

A marketing no brainer !

Unfortunately I’m going to be away when the final is on!!!!!

the ticket allocation should be done by season ticket holders first, then loyalty points, any left then go to a general sale.

Ive had a few enquiries for the use of my season tickets(sons also) and trying to work out what best way to do it?

2 of my best mates haven’t attended much due to playing football etc so loyalty points are so low if any at all but know they really want to go to this game!!!