Tickets For Final

ronnie_fife

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, been here before said:

God, thats a truly heartbreaking tale.

#stay strong.

Thoughts with you and your pal.

I know right? couldn't sleep that night.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

4 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

I am planning on getting the train through so looking for a bit advice.

I want to stay clear of Mount Florida train station as I can see it being carnage so my plan was getting the train from Glasgow Central to Crossmyloof as hopefully that station will be a bit quieter as it’s a bit further out.

So the plan would be to get to Glasgow Central early and just go out drinking in the centre of Glasgow before jumping on a train to Crossmyloof 1.5hrs or so before kick off. Either that or I was just going to jump on the first train to Crossmyloof when I arrive at Central and walk down to Church on the Hill. Would be planning on getting to Church on the Hill at 11am at the latest.

Anyone got any advice on what is the best option between those two or got any other suggestions for fans planning on getting the train?

For this kind of game, I imagine they will segregate fans at Central, with Celtic fans getting Kings Park trains and us going to Mount Florida.

FWIW At the semi in 2012, there was precious little segregation on the way home. We queued side by side with Celtic fans at MF station and there was no trouble. I was pleasantly surprised.

I am hoping to take my 6 year old grandson to his first ever Hearts game. Can't see there being any problem going on a supporters bus. Fans will be leaving the stadium at different times ( hopefully us much later than them!). Also police will be much better organised than at Murrayfield and be used to keeping fans apart

Would definitely not go by train with kids. Too many shared areas and potential flashpoint at stations. 

It's sad but understandable why folk are reluctant to take kids to what should be one of the highlights of supporting their team.

John Findlay
20 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I am hoping to take my 6 year old grandson to his first ever Hearts game. Can't see there being any problem going on a supporters bus. Fans will be leaving the stadium at different times ( hopefully us much later than them!). Also police will be much better organised than at Murrayfield and be used to keeping fans apart

Would definitely not go by train with kids. Too many shared areas and potential flashpoint at stations. 

It's sad but understandable why folk are reluctant to take kids to what should be one of the highlights of supporting their team.

Total non sense re trains. Have been to Hampden 3 times by train with my laddie the first time he was 4 years old. Not once have I experieneed any bother.

53 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Total non sense re trains. Have been to Hampden 3 times by train with my laddie the first time he was 4 years old. Not once have I experieneed any bother.

I hope it stays that way this time John. But I have to say that after seeing reports of football related stabbings and brawls in Glasgow city centre,  seeing the Toby Jug pub across from Central being attacked by Celtic empties, and reading comments earlier in this thread of families being abused, I'll stick to the bus for this particular fixture. I'm sure other parents and grandparents will take your reassurance of safety on board though.

doctor jambo

If I don't get a ticket I'm working in Glasgow on the 25th.

Is there somewhere I could watch it in peace and safety?

I would LOVE there to be a fanzone like the world cup outside the stadium with big screens for folks like me.

fat chance

Tommy Brown
On 14/04/2019 at 11:51, Mr Elwood P said:

How many of the 8000 FOH subscribers aren't season ticket holders? A handful of expats would be my guess.

Me for one.

First year without one in twenty years ☹️

Attended every final since '68.

Texaco excepted.

Playing Celtic, I'm not feeling greatly energetic in trying to source a ticket just yet. I really hate that horrible shower so much. Could end up a horrible day on the streets around the stadium.

31 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I would LOVE there to be a fanzone like the world cup outside the stadium with big screens for folks like me.

fat chance

Any rangers pub would be fine

doctor jambo
11 minutes ago, jb66 said:

Any rangers pub would be fine

Not really what I'm wanting to do TBH.

Thinking more a neutral venue

I don't want their congratulations or support

13 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Rugby’s on as well, mate.

Toon will be busy !!

Scnorthedinburgh
20 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The horseshoe bar has been fine when I have watched a game through there. Cheap food as well upstairs.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

fat chance

Sure the bowling clubs our side of the ground will have it on and you might find a few who don't make it into the ground selling tickets near there

Silvery_Moon
18 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

Correct on both counts. North East enclosure was meant to be for Hearts fans only but was infiltrated by loads of Rangers fans who simply bullied there way in by handing over cash or simply refusing to move from the turnstiles. From memory it was tickets only for that part of the ground. Not sure about the ' Celtic' end but it was absolute chaos there and I believe the gates went down and it was bedlam throughout the game and basically a free for all. Thousands including myself got in late due to the chaos and of course we were 1 down before 3pm. 

My worst experience was the 1988 semi against Celtic. 

We went through with a school friend and a Celtic supporting dad to a new 'mixed family' section which was situated in the West Side of the North Terracing. 

Well as you can imagine it was a family section in name only and was absolutely packed with Celtic fans. Even as a child they were dishing out dogs abuse to us at the end. I can only Imagine how horrific it would have been like if we had held on for the win that day. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

13 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

The horseshoe bar has been fine when I have watched a game through there. Cheap food as well upstairs.

Stay for the  karaoke its brilliant as well ?

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Ditto. Took my eldest son, then 5 years old, to the semi final in 2012 by train. There was a few Celtic fans on the train from Mount Florida to Central after the game. No trouble at all. I will also be taking my 2 sons by train on the 25th. Confident that the police will have it sorted.

Rocky jamboa

I was at the game v Celtic at hampden where we got beat 1-0 I think. It was just after the Pope died and there was a minutes silence, which a few folk in our end booed.

We'd stupidly parked at the Celtic end so got dogs abuse walking back to the car. Was pretty scary. Thousands of Celtic fans around me and my dad shouting abuse and wanting to go fighting. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I was at the game v Celtic at hampden where we got beat 1-0 I think. It was just after the Pope died and there was a minutes silence, which a few folk in our end booed.

We'd stupidly parked at the Celtic end so got dogs abuse walking back to the car. Was pretty scary. Thousands of Celtic fans around me and my dad shouting abuse and wanting to go fighting. 

I've got in mind that was the 2-1 where Chesney scored

Edited by Smithee

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

fat chance

Any ‘fan zone’ would be almost exclusively Celtic fans. Tynecastle beam back could be an idea to generate extra revenue.

SwindonJambo
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I've got in mind that was the 2-1 where Chesney scored

Correct. April 2005. Not a nice atmosphere at all that day.  The minute's 'silence' was stopped by the ref after about 20 seconds because it wasn't universally observed.  No idea why there was one - nothing to do with Scotland or football. I seem to remember Martin O'Neill tripping on a drinks carrier and falling flat on his back on the touchline.

Jambo 4 Ever
4 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Not sure good idea to bring a 6 year old to this sort of game sadly

because of their fans and also a small minority of ours

Craig Gordons Gloves

Anyone deciding not to take a kid i understand.  If you're not taking a kid and they have an ST, any chance of letting this expat use the ST to get a ticket for the final? I'd hate to be flying 4500 miles to not get into the game.  Obviously rewards available in pints or whatever. :)

Alma Matters
2 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Anyone deciding not to take a kid i understand.  If you're not taking a kid and they have an ST, any chance of letting this expat use the ST to get a ticket for the final? I'd hate to be flying 4500 miles to not get into the game.  Obviously rewards available in pints or whatever. :)

My little boy has 22 points. He won’t be going. If 22 is enough, you are very welcome to use them. 

Craig Gordons Gloves
Just now, Alma Matters said:

My little boy has 22 points. He won’t be going. If 22 is enough, you are very welcome to use them. 

That's magic! Thanks mate!  I'll get back to you once we find out the ticketing deals.  Thanks!! 

Alma Matters
1 minute ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

That's magic! Thanks mate!  I'll get back to you once we find out the ticketing deals.  Thanks!! 

No problem. Will keep an eye out for arrangements and get in touch ?

AlphonseCapone
9 minutes ago, Alma Matters said:

No problem. Will keep an eye out for arrangements and get in touch ?

Good stuff mate :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Boab said:

Rugby’s on as well, mate.

Toon will be busy !!

Very. If Leinster and Munster reach final there will be about 70k Celtic fans in Glasgow that day. 

Geoff the Mince
39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Very. If Leinster and Munster reach final there will be about 70k Celtic fans in Glasgow that day. 

Very few of the rugby chaps will  have any interest in Celtic .

On 14/04/2019 at 19:47, BelgeJambo said:

How many ****ing tickets go to neutrals then 

we must be talking 6-8 thousand

That is just wrong 

Every club in Scotland gets 40-50 tickets for the game from what I have heard

4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I am sure if you went to Church on the Hill that will be full of Hearts supporters pre match, I would imagine during the match it will be quite quiet as wouldn’t imagine many Celtic fans without tickets using their as a place to watch the match with it being at our end of Hampden. 

They will use pubs around Victoria Road. 

There might also also be the odd chance you would pick up a ticket if you did something like that. 

Saint Jambo
5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Not much in the way of truly neutral venues in Glasgow that day. Some will be mixed rather than neutral. The idea of hitting one of the pubs that Hearts fans will be drinking in near Murrayfield is a good one. About the best 'neutral' option from an OF point of view might be the Woodside Inn near Firhill where Patrick fans go.

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Most Irish folk don't give an actual shit about Celtic. 

Romanov Stole My Pension
5 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Whenever I've been in Tennent's on Byres Road it's been a pretty mixed crowd, but still a football crowd, and plenty screens to look at.

But if I was you I'd be doing what others have suggested and go to Church on the Hill. You'll get all and pre-match atmosphere and might even pick up a ticket.

This thread is full of scaremongering 

there’s lots of decent places to drink in Glasgow 

the 2012 semi was trouble-free

a bit of common sense and you’ll be fine

7 hours ago, dc-jambo said:

This thread is full of scaremongering 

there’s lots of decent places to drink in Glasgow 

the 2012 semi was trouble-free

a bit of common sense and you’ll be fine

This is what I'm thinking. The last time we played Celtic at Hampden, there was zero trouble,  we won,  had a small support and I'd argue the relationship between the clubs/fans was worse then than it is now. 

Not getting the guaranteed carnage in the streets chat. 

chester copperpot
9 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Most Irish folk don't give an actual shit about Celtic. 

Is correct. The vast majority of Irish 'soccer' fans follow the EPL

Think we better take our Bridge of Doom jet packs to the final to avoid the ‘carnage’.

Especially those needing to go from Mount Florida Station to the ground.

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

When do the tickets go on sale? 

Heard we get them on Friday so hopefully an announcement next week 

slashishere
21 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Me for one.

First year without one in twenty years ☹️

Attended every final since '68.

Texaco excepted.

Playing Celtic, I'm not feeling greatly energetic in trying to source a ticket just yet. I really hate that horrible shower so much. Could end up a horrible day on the streets around the stadium.

A fanzone outside Murrayfield would not happen but what about outside Tynecastle?? - The Plaza would be ideal!

I wouldn’t have a problem with FOH members getting a cup final ticket and season ticket holders getting a final ticket. Now if that means a FOH member who is also a Season Ticket Holder gets 2 tickets so be it.

i believe that would probably come very close to the 22,000 final tickets we will be allocated.

i have to admit I have been a FOH member since the beginning and a season ticket holder as 

well as holding shares in Hearts.

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I wouldn’t have a problem with FOH members getting a cup final ticket and season ticket holders getting a final ticket. Now if that means a FOH member who is also a Season Ticket Holder gets 2 tickets so be it.

i believe that would probably come very close to the 22,000 final tickets we will be allocated.

i have to admit I have been a FOH member since the beginning and a season ticket holder as 

well as holding shares in Hearts.

Cant see anybody with half a brain cell really giving a Shiny Shite what you think Mitch. 

Thankfully.

55 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Cant see anybody with half a brain cell really giving a Shiny Shite what you think Mitch. 

Thankfully.

Such a nice person. 

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Thankfully.

I think your jealous of me and you wish you had as much knowledge about football because I am a legend

in my own mind. 

Robbo-Jambo
22 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Any ‘fan zone’ would be almost exclusively Celtic fans. Tynecastle beam back could be an idea to generate extra revenue.

Getting it beamed back to Tynecastle on a big screen or shown in the bars like 1874 bar or Gorgie Suite would be a really good idea.

Samuel Camazzola
47 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Getting it beamed back to Tynecastle on a big screen or shown in the bars like 1874 bar or Gorgie Suite would be a really good idea.

In both would make sense. Gorgie Live would  no doubt sell out and I can imagine others would visit the bar in numbers.