Tickets For Final

ronnie_fife

44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

FOH money doesn’t attract vat ( no tangible valelue being bought ) so the club gets 20% more from it. 

I never knew that, certainly needs to be considered when making choices.

Now here’s a random thought! All season ticket holders donate the equivalent ££s value to the FOH, Hearts donate free season tickets to the FOH who in turn donate them to FOH members - FOH donates all monies to Hearts. Hearts gain an extra  +20% (less administration charges) vs their current income! Win / win ....... just a random thought!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Now here’s a random thought! All season ticket holders donate the equivalent ££s value to the FOH, Hearts donate free season tickets to the FOH who in turn donate them to FOH members - FOH donates all monies to Hearts. Hearts gain an extra  +20% (less administration charges) vs their current income! Win / win ....... just a random thought!

HMRC wouldn’t like that ruse. ?

Just now, davemclaren said:

I did think as the thought  occurred it was a bit EBT-ish!

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just don't tell them, they'll never know.    ?

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I used another company on 2012 (Matchplay , IIRC) and they are doing deals from £169+VAT.  I thought it wasn't bad value and the debenture seats have an amazing view (we were in upper tier of south stand) .  Good pre match scran and all you can drink in an hour was included in ticket price. 

Do you have a link?

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

some serious trouble at Ibrox when our fans got ambushed recently due to the police protecting the Directors and leaving the fans to fend for themselves Game that got abandoned? from memory).

Also the '76 final was an absolute disgrace mainly due to Rangers getting into 'our sections' and causing bedlam. Coincidentally, they were going for the treble that day and as a results loads of them turned up without tickets and barged their way in

Their wasn't really any "our section" that day. Thanks to infiltration and it has to be said lack of  demand from Hearts fans.

Edited by Francis Albert

maroonsgotop
26 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Their wasn't really any "our section" that day. Thanks to infiltration and it has to be said lack of  demand from Hearts fans.

Correct on both counts. North East enclosure was meant to be for Hearts fans only but was infiltrated by loads of Rangers fans who simply bullied there way in by handing over cash or simply refusing to move from the turnstiles. From memory it was tickets only for that part of the ground. Not sure about the ' Celtic' end but it was absolute chaos there and I believe the gates went down and it was bedlam throughout the game and basically a free for all. Thousands including myself got in late due to the chaos and of course we were 1 down before 3pm. 

Bridge of Djoum
21 hours ago, luckydug said:

You mean my season book is out of date ?

Yep.

So is your wireless.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Correct on both counts. North East enclosure was meant to be for Hearts fans only but was infiltrated by loads of Rangers fans who simply bullied there way in by handing over cash or simply refusing to move from the turnstiles. From memory it was tickets only for that part of the ground. Not sure about the ' Celtic' end but it was absolute chaos there and I believe the gates went down and it was bedlam throughout the game and basically a free for all. Thousands including myself got in late due to the chaos and of course we were 1 down before 3pm. 

Bedlam that day. 

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

West terrace was ticket only for Rangers fans.

North enclosure was also all ticket but for both Hearts and Rangers fans, once inside it was a free for all no segregation, I was in the West side of the north enclosure with many other Hearts fans, it was chaos, fights everywhere. I dread to think what would have happened if Hearts had won.

East Terracing was cash only. I know most Hearts fans wanted to be there thinking it would be totally Hearts, how wrong were they, cans & bottles thrown the whole match with fights everywhere.

I do remember the Hearts Supporters Association complained about the arrangements before the match but did the SFA listen? SFA listening to the fans is just not in their DNA!

This was my worst cup final ever.

maroonsgotop
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

West terrace was ticket only for Rangers fans.

North enclosure was also all ticket but for both Hearts and Rangers fans, once inside it was a free for all no segregation, I was in the West side of the north enclosure with many other Hearts fans, it was chaos, fights everywhere. I dread to think what would have happened if Hearts had won.

East Terracing was cash only. I know most Hearts fans wanted to be there thinking it would be totally Hearts, how wrong were they, cans & bottles thrown the whole match with fights everywhere.

I do remember the Hearts Supporters Association complained about the arrangements before the match but did the SFA listen? SFA listening to the fans is just not in their DNA!

This was my worst cup final ever.

ah remember now. I think it was meant to be segregated that day in the North Enclosure which is why I got a ticket there but when we eventually got in it seemed to be Rangers fans everywhere and a free for all. I couldn't believe it. A total disgrace and as you say had Hearts won I hate to think what would have happened. It was bad enough with them winning 

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Bedlam that day. 

I will always say, it was a fan from our craigshill bus that kicked it off. I had never seen him before or since., But he twice drank so much from his can and lobbed into the Rangers fans. The guns closest by were raging and pointing him out to the cops, they did FA. The guy was right in front of me, I was 13. When it kicked off, I was standing on my own in a new no man's land as bottles and cans Rained down on us. A hibbee mate ( yes hibbee, he was 16) shouted to me and brought me to my senses. I had froze. I got up beside him and into the thick of the crowd for cover.  Horrible experience.

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

FOH money doesn’t attract vat ( no tangible valelue being bought ) so the club gets 20% more from it. 

Is that really the way Vat works?

Surely if something is worth £100 to the club they will charge £100 and get £100.  They will also collect £20 Vat for HMRC, which they get by adding £20 to the £100.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Surely if something is worth £100 to the club they will charge £100 and get £100.  They will also collect £20 Vat for HMRC, which they get by adding £20 to the £100.

but we would still have to pay £120 to make a £100 donation. 

36 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Something is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it, if that figure is £100 then that normally has to include Hector's cut.

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

It was like the killing fields : Hearts fans were lower down in the mid section of the Celtic end  (we arrived late so were at the very top of that end)  & we spent the whole game watching beer bottles raining down on Hearts fans.  Utter carnage but it wasn't until the 1980 final was broadcast live on national TV that the full extent of the drunkenness was made public and the SFA had to act. The Glasgow police were an utter disgrace and simply stood by and watch it happen. How no one was killed or seriously injured that day is a miracle. 

N Lincs Jambo

Agree with all the comments about the 76 final. As a 13 year old laddie I was fortunate enough to have been in the relative safety of the main stand for my first ever game outside Edinburgh. I’d never ever seen Hearts fans so outnumbered and was very glad I wasn’t on that East terracing that day.

Moving on to this year, I was very privileged to have been at Hampden on Saturday with 2 of my 3 daughters. They both absolutely loved it and I know that if we lived close enough to Edinburgh they would be up for going every week. That made me really proud and I was delighted that the atmosphere the Hearts fans created left such an impression on my kids.

As for the final, if I’m fortunate enough to get a ticket I’ll be there. If I don’t I won’t be whinging about the injustice of it but will still make sure I’m in front of a telly with a fridge full of Stella ?. Just want the boys to do the biz and put the manks back in their place!

12 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

That’s unreasonably harsh. Firstly, I didn’t suggest FOH subscribers should be able to buy a ticket at the same time as ST holders, only that perhaps they should get the opportunity before a general sale. (I’m aware that someone else did).

Secondly, some of us live too far away to attend games regularly, but we still commit money to the club every month because we still want to do our bit. I’m in no way claiming this places us on an equal footing with those who attend every week, but I really don’t see what we have done to deserve your contempt either.

Contempt is a bit strong, just fed up every time it’s a cup final or away to Easter road we get the same debate with people concocting ways to sell tickets that benefits their personal situation rather than accepting that the loyalty point system works perfectly well in rewarding those that support the team the most.

For the 2012 final, I didn’t regularly attend games so couldn’t get a ticket until I managed to get a spare outside the ground. I fully accepted that I might not have been able to go to the game because at that time there were people ahead of me in the queue.

48 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Contempt is a bit strong, just fed up every time it’s a cup final or away to Easter road we get the same debate with people concocting ways to sell tickets that benefits their personal situation rather than accepting that the loyalty point system works perfectly well in rewarding those that support the team the most.

For the 2012 final, I didn’t regularly attend games so couldn’t get a ticket until I managed to get a spare outside the ground. I fully accepted that I might not have been able to go to the game because at that time there were people ahead of me in the queue.

I gave away a spare at the 2012 Final.

Maybe our paths have crossed.

?

I am planning on getting the train through so looking for a bit advice.

I want to stay clear of Mount Florida train station as I can see it being carnage so my plan was getting the train from Glasgow Central to Crossmyloof as hopefully that station will be a bit quieter as it’s a bit further out.

So the plan would be to get to Glasgow Central early and just go out drinking in the centre of Glasgow before jumping on a train to Crossmyloof 1.5hrs or so before kick off. Either that or I was just going to jump on the first train to Crossmyloof when I arrive at Central and walk down to Church on the Hill. Would be planning on getting to Church on the Hill at 11am at the latest.

Anyone got any advice on what is the best option between those two or got any other suggestions for fans planning on getting the train?

Selkirkhmfc1874
19 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

I want to stay clear of Mount Florida train station as I can see it being carnage so my plan was getting the train from Glasgow Central to Crossmyloof as hopefully that station will be a bit quieter as it’s a bit further out.

So the plan would be to get to Glasgow Central early and just go out drinking in the centre of Glasgow before jumping on a train to Crossmyloof 1.5hrs or so before kick off. Either that or I was just going to jump on the first train to Crossmyloof when I arrive at Central and walk down to Church on the Hill. Would be planning on getting to Church on the Hill at 11am at the latest.

Anyone got any advice on what is the best option between those two or got any other suggestions for fans planning on getting the train?

Go to church on the hill be my advice 

Spitonastranger

Can someone advise. my son who has not renewed this year but has 28 loyalty points will he be able to get a ticket through his account if he has enough points. Thanks in advance 

51 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Get the train to Mount Florida - it will be Hearts. Celtic will be going to Kings Park. Don’t randomly wander around in the hinterland on your own!

SwindonJambo
54 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Mount Florida Station will be fine.  They send the Celtic fans to Kings Park, and on different trains going the other way round the Cathcart Circle.

3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Can someone advise. my son who has not renewed this year but has 28 loyalty points will he be able to get a ticket through his account if he has enough points. Thanks in advance 

Assuming the tickets drop below 28 points he will be fine . 

SwindonJambo
7 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Assuming the tickets drop below 28 points he will be fine . 

I have 25 and am confident about booking a coach trip up. In 2012 the lowest it went down to was 8.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Assuming your reasonably fit it's about a 45 minute walk from Central station to Hampden. It's what I usually do. Taxi fares aren't too bad in Glasgow, I'm guessing it's under a tenner, might be worth trying to book one a couple of hours ahead.

58 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Go to church on the hill be my advice 

Have you been before?

Will 11am be an Ok time time to arrive there?

Edited by Lambo85

12 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Does getting to the final guarantee us a Europa league slot? 

Nope...winner or 4th place apparently.....! 

10 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

It was like the killing fields : Hearts fans were lower down in the mid section of the Celtic end  (we arrived late so were at the very top of that end)  & we spent the whole game watching beer bottles raining down on Hearts fans.  Utter carnage but it wasn't until the 1980 final was broadcast live on national TV that the full extent of the drunkenness was made public and the SFA had to act. The Glasgow police were an utter disgrace and simply stood by and watch it happen. How no one was killed or seriously injured that day is a miracle. 

I was almost crushed to death outside the Celtic end. Absolutely terrifying experience. Thousands of fans pushing forward trying to get through about 10 turnstiles. 

We must have been incredibly close to a Hillsborough type disaster.

Two things prevented it. Firstly someone opened the exit gates allowing a surge through. Secondly police on horseback charged into fans at the back trying to push forward. Everyone was pished, and impatient to get in, especially after the huns scored straight from kick off.

It's hard to describe the feeling when you know the life is literally been crushed out of you yet you are completely helpless to do anything about it.

Horrendous day. 

13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Correct, we did not have a section. Obviously, the Rangers fans made for 'their' end, and no Hearts fan would have been daft enough to go there (surely?), but the rest of the ground was mixed.

Standing in the Hampden glaur, surrounded by Rangers fans, heavy rain, no cover, first goal scored before 3.00, what a miserable day. I left at 3-0, and was off work for a fortnight (longest period off work in my life, as it happens). Hoping for better next month.

'lack of demand'? Very hard to tell how many we took through. Pay at the gate, no segregation, and most of us pretty quiet with nothing to shout about. Could easily have been 30,000 of the 90,000.

Hopefully there will be no repeat of the league semi final, too many of that Manky lot inside our support causing shit

SwindonJambo
23 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Hopefully there will be no repeat of the league semi final, too many of that Manky lot inside our support causing shit

The Loyalty Points system should take care of that.  That was a Semi Final where anyone could get a ticket.  This is a final and a whole different ball game, hopefully on and off the pitch.

30 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Correct, we did not have a section. Obviously, the Rangers fans made for 'their' end, and no Hearts fan would have been daft enough to go there (surely?), but the rest of the ground was mixed.

Standing in the Hampden glaur, surrounded by Rangers fans, heavy rain, no cover, first goal scored before 3.00, what a miserable day. I left at 3-0, and was off work for a fortnight (longest period off work in my life, as it happens). Hoping for better next month.

'lack of demand'? Very hard to tell how many we took through. Pay at the gate, no segregation, and most of us pretty quiet with nothing to shout about. Could easily have been 30,000 of the 90,000.

We had a huge support that day (25/30k) but it was vastly outnumbered approx 1:3.

As we were spread across the north enclosure and east terrace we were very diluted.

And faced with outright savagery from the huns it was not the day to broadcast you were a hearts supporter!

28 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

.... and also too many of our manky lot inside our support causing ....

2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

I always go via Mount Florida (except if v Rangers) and always found it easy. 20 min Queue after 2006 final aside, never had problems, certainly no 'carnage'.  

Ps Church on the hill don't serve before 11am so wouldn't try any earlier.

4 minutes ago, stan said:

I always go via Mount Florida (except if v Rangers) and always found it easy. 20 min Queue after 2006 final aside, never had problems, certainly no 'carnage'.  

Ps Church on the hill don't serve before 11am so wouldn't try any earlier.

Yip.

The old bill will be all over this game given the obvious potential for bother.

Mount Florida will be fine I reckon, as will the Church on the Hill.

SwindonJambo
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip.

The old bill will be all over this game given the obvious potential for bother.

Mount Florida will be fine I reckon, as will the Church on the Hill.

The Old Bill will probably treat it like an OF Final and apply all the same arrangements to keep the fans apart.

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

The Old Bill will probably treat it like an OF Final and apply all the same arrangements to keep the fans apart.

Exactly how they will approach it, IMO.

4 hours ago, Ribble said:

Yes, I understand, and I agree. All I’m saying is that I live 5 hours’ drive away, I work 2 weekends in 7 and my wife 1 in 7, and I have kids. My FOH contributions are essentially the only practical way for me to support the team. All I ever suggested was that the small proportion of FOH contributors who don’t have STs should get priority for big events over those who don’t go to games AND don’t subscribe. No issues with our being behind those with the loyalty points.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Have you been before?

Will 11am be an Ok time time to arrive there?

Yeah been there few times and always packed with jambos 

ArcticJambo

On a nice day it's a pleasant walk. 

Through George Square to Tolcross, bound over the bridge wondering what it would be like to be strapped into that RNLI lifeboat as it plunges vertically into the Clyde, stop over at the Gorbals COOP or Greggs (or both) for a savoury/sweet snack or another stealth drink, across the motorway with the Samaritans sign (maybe on way back - jk, suicide is no laughing matter tbh!), on up Cathcart Road before dropping by Cathkin Park for a wee mental image of Willie Mason's celebratory knee-slide in his big baggy shorts towards the Jambos standing on the famed terracing.  Only 75 more minutes to wait before they saw Issac Begbie lift the trophy; Scottish Cup winners, 1890-91.  :sweeet:

Do the walk!:thumbsup:

Edited by ArcticJambo

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

He he

£1 a St but only with a year's fee of £400 to FOH. 

?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

The Loyalty Points system should take care of that.  That was a Semi Final where anyone could get a ticket.  This is a final and a whole different ball game, hopefully on and off the pitch.

Tbh, On the pitch I'd take a 3-0 with 3 shitty goals. 

SwindonJambo
5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tbh, On the pitch I'd take a 3-0 with 3 shitty goals. 

For us I hope! This is not a damage limitation exercise.  I want us to fly out of the traps and have a go. That's what it takes to beat them.  They don't like it up 'em!

Clark Griswold
16 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Same here.

I was just outside Central on Sat when 4 weegie cretins were shouting Jambo scum and other stuff around my 6 year old (wasnt directed at us) and this is before we are even playing either of them.

Its a shame but if some twat were to shout at my kid (as my mate got at Murrayfield) im liable to punch the ****er.

They have no shame.

had something similar happen to my mate outside Sainsbury's opposite central at about 4:30pm. Mate was waiting outside the shop after buying some tins for the train home.

Cretin aproaches my mate "Excuse me mr, got any spare change man?"

my mate "nah spent it all in the shop, cya"

Cretin "We'll beat yous in the final anyway ya jambo ^^^^s. F***** D***s man"

Just laughed in his and his mates' face and walked into central station. Absolute vermin they were.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

had something similar happen to my mate outside Sainsbury's opposite central at about 4:30pm. Mate was waiting outside the shop after buying some tins for the train home.

Cretin aproaches my mate "Excuse me mr, got any spare change man?"

my mate "nah spent it all in the shop, cya"

Cretin "We'll beat yous in the final anyway ya jambo ^^^^s. F***** D***s man"

Just laughed in his and his mates' face and walked into central station. Absolute vermin they were.

God, thats a truly heartbreaking tale.

#stay strong.

Thoughts with you and your pal.