Tickets For Final

ronnie_fife

vintage1874
40 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not a chance that will happen.  It will be 1 per ST holder, and if you want another ticket then you can try again in another phase of ticket sales or hold off until the later phase and get two together.

I agree likely to be 1 per st holder

38 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

So,if high end LP's get 2 ticket's they can give one to somebody with little or no point's. 

Nice thinking.

If there are enough tickets I'd have no problems with high LP fans getting an the chance of an extra ticket,  

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

waynefozzie

It should be long-term (say 12 months plus) FoH subscribers first, then season ticket holders, then LP. I can't think of any other institution that would seriously think it was OK to look after loyal customers before patrons.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So that's 1/8000. Would be very surprised if the majority i.e. 6000-7000 aren't also season ticket holders.

Exactly. Most FoH subscribers are season ticket holders anyway. But for those who aren't - and I imagine we're mainly exiled Jambos - it's a bit of a boot in the balls if after years of charitable donations we don't get any consideration when it comes to ticketing. I will probably be OK as I have a mate who is usually able to get multiple tickets, but I can imagine some FoH subscribers might feel a bit under-appreciated.

Just now, vintage1874 said:

I agree likely to be 1 per st holder

If there are enough tickets I'd have no problems with high LP fans getting an the chance of an extra ticket,  

I don't think that someone who can't get a ticket through their own points/ST should be prioritised over those that can.  I am pretty sure we didn't do this for the 2012 final, and won't do it this time.  Remember - we have around 13.5k season ticket holders, and would likely get 22k tickets.

Jambo 4 Ever

Looking forward to going to this 

just a shame  we can’t have it held at Murrayfield 

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

1 minute ago, waynefozzie said:

It should be long-term (say 12 months plus) FoH subscribers first, then season ticket holders, then LP. I can't think of any other institution that would seriously think it was OK to look after loyal customers before patrons.

Absolutely ridiculous proposal and won't happen.  I would give FOH subscribers priority over those before a general sale, however.

1 minute ago, waynefozzie said:

Exactly. Most FoH subscribers are season ticket holders anyway. But for those who aren't - and I imagine we're mainly exiled Jambos - it's a bit of a boot in the balls if after years of charitable donations we don't get any consideration when it comes to ticketing. I will probably be OK as I have a mate who is usually able to get multiple tickets, but I can imagine some FoH subscribers might feel a bit under-appreciated.

I donate regularly to charity too but don't expect benefits.

13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

In 2012 I recall them giving some priority to those who went to the semi.  Or did I just make that up?

No it was three stages, 40+ points, 20+, 8+. 

14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

In 2012 I recall them giving some priority to those who went to the semi.  Or did I just make that up?

No. I went to semi but didn't have enough loyalty points for the final. Ended up having to shell out for one of the hospitality packages.

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Absolutely ridiculous proposal and won't happen.  I would give FOH subscribers priority over those before a general sale, however.

I donate regularly to charity too but don't expect benefits.

To be fair if someone pays £50 per month and has done so for five years that's a pretty strong argument for inclusion in one of the phases of sales. I'd really like to know how many FOH subscribers don't have a season ticket or high loyalty points.

vintage1874
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'd be against the idea of ANYONE getting two tickets if we don't have enough tickets to make sure EVERYONE gets a chance.

If we had loads of tickets to sell as per the semi final then by all means offer extra tickets to high LPs and ST holders but there is simply not enough availability to do that.

1 per st holder and then the other usual phases will be the way Hearts go. 

haveyouheard 22

For those that pay £50 a month and are toiling for a ticket  just cancel  the subscriptions  for a Yr and do hospitality for 2 with the savings 

Holyrood_Hearts
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why not? Opportunity to maximise season ticket sales and generate a lot of extra revenue for the club.

The club shouldn’t have to use the gimmick of a cup final ticket to sell season tickets (unless of course there’s concerns about ST sales so far)

20 minutes ago, waynefozzie said:

Foreign based supporters might want to consider booking hospitality. 

If you are travelling a long distance might as well make a meal of it (pardon the pun)

vintage1874
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I don't think that someone who can't get a ticket through their own points/ST should be prioritised over those that can.  I am pretty sure we didn't do this for the 2012 final, and won't do it this time.  Remember - we have around 13.5k season ticket holders, and would likely get 22k tickets.

I agree, st and then further phases fairest way. I think 2012 was done 1 ticket per person in lp phases. 

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How many dirty sevco fans will get tickets to bolster our ever growing tea towel brigade?

If its like murrayfield in the league cup I predict some embarassing scenes for real Hearts fans.

I'll guess there will be next to zero rangers fans getting  tickets why would rangers fans get priority  over hearts fans and for that matter why would they even want to go to the game 

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Foreign based supporters might want to consider booking hospitality. 

If you are travelling a long distance might as well make a meal of it (pardon the pun)

Canny be ersed reading whole thread, been a season ticket holder for the last 20 years I demand a ticket ????

How many ****ing tickets go to neutrals then 

we must be talking 6-8 thousand

That is just wrong 

1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Canny be ersed reading whole thread, been a season ticket holder for the last 20 years I demand a ticket ????

You'll get one guaranteed 

Mr Elwood P
21 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

The club shouldn’t have to use the gimmick of a cup final ticket to sell season tickets (unless of course there’s concerns about ST sales so far)

It's not a gimmick it's an obvious marketing strategy. Could boost us from 13k up to 15k and allow us to reduce the Old Firm ticket allocation.

waynefozzie
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I donate regularly to charity too but don't expect benefits

Great anecdote. Thanks for sharing. But **** knows what it's got to do with whether a sports club should reward its patrons or its customers first.

2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

I'll guess there will be next to zero rangers fans getting  tickets why would rangers fans get priority  over hearts fans and for that matter why would they even want to go to the game 

Some might have attended Celtic and maybe Hibs games with their fellow neds in order to spout their bigoted filth.  I have seen Rangers fans in our end that I personally know were banned from Ibrox.

Some Celtic fans got their hands on tickets for our end in the Murrayfield semi final so we maybe need to have phases where people with such limited points are in the very last category.

fabienleclerq
45 minutes ago, waynefozzie said:

Let me guess, you subscribe to foh but don't have a season ticket or many loyalty points? 

The whole point of a loyalty points is those who attend get priority which is fair. Given the amount of tickets we will get the club giving season ticket holders one each or using it to boost next year's sales is fine by me. 

FOH shouldn't get you access to tickets. 

6 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

That is just wrong 

From what I can remember some more tickets got released as the game got nearer in 2012. I think debenture, or whatever , holders have to a certain date to clarify they are taking their seats.

Otherwise, are released to the clubs in the final.  

Just now, waynefozzie said:

Great anecdote. Thanks for sharing. But **** knows what it's got to do with whether a sports club should reward its patrons or its customers first.

It is as relevant as your point.  Season ticket holders commit to buy a ticket to watch the team over the entire season.

Thanks for enlightening me that subscribing to FOH makes you a better fan than a someone who commits a lot of money to watch the team over a season.  Perhaps going by your logic, someone who spends £10 a month on FOH is puting more money than me with my £500 season ticket and is a better fan.

upgotheheads
49 minutes ago, waynefozzie said:

I think there might be VAT problems if you add benefits to FOH subs. I have already bought my st for next year so am selfishly thinking that should entitle me to two tickets.

Biffa Bacon

What is best for the club....our club. If we can add more ST for next season then it should be incorporated into the structure with LPs to guarantee a final ticket. I read that Ann is a businesswoman, and of course she is, but she is not doing it for her benefit, she does not even take a salary for the effort she puts in ffs. The benefit of the club, is the benefit for supporters, FOH members ST holders and fans like you and me. More ST sales for next year is more cash and a better team, more youth development etc. etc. We should generate cash at every opportunity.

Shanks said no

Had a look on eTickets and my new season tickets for 19/20 are showing on my accounts. However the loyalty points have not been added.

17 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

That is just wrong 

Just the way it is with sponsors etc I'm afraid potentially have 6-7 thousand fans there that dont care who wins,  with each player getting 10-20 briefs each for family and friends 

vintage1874
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Not sure about 2012 but think fans who attended one of the LC games at parkhead about 10 years ago (can't remember if it was the andy driver run down the line game or mickey stewart penalty ) had priority for next round.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

You made it up, I was at the semi but couldn't get one for the final.

If you subscribe to FOH you deserve thanks and I will gladly thank you for that (though I would be thanking myself also)

Contribitions like that have helped save our club but your reward for that is being able to know our club is alive and can prosper in the future

They do not entitle you to more than that however and season ticket holders, high loyalty point holders many of whom are season ticket holders should always get priority but only one ticket and not one for each category

We then move to those with a lower point threshold and obviously a recent attendance record

If it was to go to a public sale then perhaps FOH subscribers prior to that (or those who went to the semi final) but only if they had not received a ticket from a previous catagory....there is no entitlement for anyone to get 2 tickets but of course if it went to a general sale some might get 2 but thats just the same as any other person applying under a general sale

Edited by CJGJ

Hopefully it’ll be based on loyalty points. I gave up my season ticket this season as I had too many weekends where I knew I couldn’t go. I’ve got over 60 points and I’d be peeved if new season ticket purchasers got priority over people like me that do go to the majority of games. 

waynefozzie
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It is as relevant as your point.  Season ticket holders commit to buy a ticket to watch the team over the entire season.

Thanks for enlightening me that subscribing to FOH makes you a better fan than a someone who commits a lot of money to watch the team over a season.  Perhaps going by your logic, someone who spends £10 a month on FOH is puting more money than me with my £500 season ticket and is a better fan.

It's not really about who's a "better fan". The best fan might not have spent a penny on Hearts in years, cause he's got ten kids and no job and a terminal illness, but he's still a top lad who bleeds maroon and watched us home and away throughout the 70s. Judging by your post, presumably you're not a FoH subscriber, but why would it bother you if subscribers were given the chance to buy tickets? We'll get way more tickets than we have subscribers, ST holders, and regular away fans.

10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I think there might be VAT problems if you add benefits to FOH subs. I have already bought my st for next year so am selfishly thinking that should entitle me to two tickets.

This is a different matter, and fair enough if it's the case - I don't know anything about how that works.

2 minutes ago, vintage1874 said:

Not sure about 2012 but think fans who attended one of the LC games at parkhead about 10 years ago (can't remember if it was the andy driver run down the line game or mickey stewart penalty ) had priority for next round.

In 1998 I think there was a priority given over a general sale to people who bought tickets for league games including St. Johnstone.  I remember because a mate decided to skip it and couldn't get a final ticket.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Booked my flight about 20 mins after FT, fully expecting to have to either do hospitality, buy an ST for next season thy won’t get used or beg to get a ticket. I’m a 1956 FoH member but I only get to 1 game a year and don’t believe that FoH subs should impact ticket eligibility. 

1 hour ago, waynefozzie said:

Exactly..... I am a FOH contributed and have been since day one, I do not have a ST due to working abroad 200+ days a year and living north of Aberdeen but attend games as often as I can with my son and father. I’ll be devastated if I can’t get 3 tickets. Surely FOH members should get some priority similar to a ST holder? 

Edited by Mdoug79

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Not sure that’s true? You can’t give out any material benefits, but the chance to buy a ticket slightly earlier than the public sale isn’t actually a material benefit. You’ll still be paying for it.

For whoever said ‘FOH shouldn’t get you access to tickets’ - I didn’t expect it to, and I would agree ST holders should get priority, but I don’t see the argument for excluding FOH subscribers entirely. I commit more to the club annually than I would if I bought an ST and contributed £10/month.

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Not sure that’s true? You can’t give out any material benefits, but the chance to buy a ticket slightly earlier than the public sale isn’t actually a material benefit. You’ll still be paying for it.

For whoever said ‘FOH shouldn’t get you access to tickets’ - I didn’t expect it to, and I would agree ST holders should get priority, but I don’t see the argument for excluding FOH subscribers entirely. I commit more to the club annually than I would if I bought an ST and contributed £10/month.

I wouldn't argue with that. I remember something along these lines being mentioned at the time but don't know if that would involve ticket sales. 

Captain Sausage

:lol:

Loyalty points is the logical way to do it, just like 2012. 

Agree that any way for us to increase our ST base for 19/20 is worth exploring. Would I be happy if we went down to say, 20 LPs (meaning every ST holder for this season has an opportunity to buy) and then opened it up to those buying a season ticket for 19/20 which could maybe swing 1-2k of fans to buy? Absolutely. 

If you’re on less than 20 LPs, you don’t make many games. If you’re selective in your matches, about 7 can take you over that threshold. And it’s not like they disappear every year. 

There will be plenty of sob stories but at the end of the day, if you don’t qualify, you don’t deserve a ticket. Simples. But hospitality or watch at Bar 1874. 

Zippyisajambo
1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

:lol:

Loyalty points is the logical way to do it, just like 2012. 

Agree that any way for us to increase our ST base for 19/20 is worth exploring. Would I be happy if we went down to say, 20 LPs (meaning every ST holder for this season has an opportunity to buy) and then opened it up to those buying a season ticket for 19/20 which could maybe swing 1-2k of fans to buy? Absolutely. 

If you’re on less than 20 LPs, you don’t make many games. If you’re selective in your matches, about 7 can take you over that threshold. And it’s not like they disappear every year. 

There will be plenty of sob stories but at the end of the day, if you don’t qualify, you don’t deserve a ticket. Simples. But hospitality or watch at Bar 1874. 

this

Just now, waynefozzie said:

It's not really about who's a "better fan". The best fan might not have spent a penny on Hearts in years, cause he's got ten kids and no job and a terminal illness, but he's still a top lad who bleeds maroon and watched us home and away throughout the 70s. Judging by your post, presumably you're not a FoH subscriber, but why would it bother you if subscribers were given the chance to buy tickets? We'll get way more tickets than we have subscribers, ST holders, and regular away fans.

No, I don't have an FOH subscription but don't have a problem with those that do have.  However, you are trying to invent some preference over season ticket holders that has never existed, and does not exist now.

The purchase of season tickets and subscribing to FOH are for different purposes, whereas STs are for committing to watch football over the course of a season, guaranteeing the club up front cash.

To answer your question, no I think it would be fine with me if FOH subscribers, along with other categories had a shot at buying remaining tickets before a general sale.  I would rather tickets went to Hearts fans than interloper Celtic and Rangers fans.

It should be loyalty points and 1 per account. That probably won't work out well for me but it's the fair way of doing it.

rick witter
19 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

What is best for the club....our club. If we can add more ST for next season then it should be incorporated into the structure with LPs to guarantee a final ticket. I read that Ann is a businesswoman, and of course she is, but she is not doing it for her benefit, she does not even take a salary for the effort she puts in ffs. The benefit of the club, is the benefit for supporters, FOH members ST holders and fans like you and me. More ST sales for next year is more cash and a better team, more youth development etc. etc. We should generate cash at every opportunity.

By asking fans to buy a season ticket to get a cup final ticket???? 

Aye great plan!! 

This is exactly why we have a loyalty point system and should be the criteria for dishing out cup final tickets imo. The more games you go to the higher up the pecking order you are.

5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Have you ever considered reducing your FOH contribution and buying something tangible from the club? I've often wondered if I was in your position what I'd do? You could put the same amount into the club but take family and friends to a day in hospitality, or buy a season ticket and bank the LPs, or sponsor a player etc etc.

Biffa Bacon
1 minute ago, rick witter said:

By asking fans to buy a season ticket to get a cup final ticket???? 

Aye great plan!! 

Most will have STs or LPs anyway, if someone was swithering about buying  a ST for next season, then yes a guarantee of a final ticket would be worth considering.